CG did us a solid!!!

Prev13
Jpfit262
545 posts Member
edited August 2019
Hidden inside the notes about today’s update was this little nugget...
n554shp416xb.jpeg
.... That’s 21 kyro pieces a week .... thank you CG!!

Replies

• Options
    New boss man at work ;)
  • Options
    90 Kyro pieces a month? That’s almost a whole piece! Not bad at all.
  • Options
    One of my guild mates just claimed his rewards boxed and it was in there! Nice job CG!
  • Options
    they heard us...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Booo...

In before someone else said it.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    But why a bucket???????????

(I kid - this is cool)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Booo...

^^ no stun guns!?! Game is dying!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Booo...

^^ no stun guns!?! Game is dying!

Stun guns!
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I love this update!
  • Options
    I will never understand the idea that anything "hides" in patch notes, but...

a60jhqpr4w0l.jpg
    Still not a he.
  • mellamoroberto
    259 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Maybe CG wasn't as out to get the playerbase as all the complainers think? Sometimes patience is good.

What a way to twist this! The playerbase wasn't wrong, and patience didn't make this happen. Quite the opposite. Consistent complaining about it for a long period of time did. If players were just patient and didn't make a fuss, this would not have happened. Period. If you believe otherwise, you're frankly not being honest with anyone, including yourself.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I will never understand the idea that anything "hides" in patch notes, but...

a60jhqpr4w0l.jpg

My reasoning for saying it was “hidden” .... folks don’t actually read the release notes... shocking I know
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Maybe CG wasn't as out to get the playerbase as all the complainers think? Sometimes patience is good.

What a way to twist this! The playerbase wasn't wrong, and patience didn't make this happen. Quite the opposite. Consistent complaining about it for a long period of time did. If players were just patient and didn't make a fuss, this would not have happened. Period. If you believe otherwise, you're frankly not being honest with anyone, including yourself.
    what CG did here was improve something no one complained about

I’ve never seen anyone complain about the daily rewards being poor

If someone did it wasn’t consistently, once in a blue moon or a long period of time ago

I’m sure you can prove me wrong by providing multiple people complaining that the daily rewards need to be improved in the past few weeks to back up your claims
  • Options
    Or perhaps they're professionals who know what they're doing. They took the time, they looked at their analytics, and tuned the economy, and this was not the product of complaining.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

Actually there is a very good chance that this was always part of their intention for the introduction of Relics.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Or some people always look for the negative side of everything, and if you believe otherwise you are not being honest with yourself or anyone else.

The dev team have already said multiple times, that new stuff is released in stages, slowly spreading it out to increase its income.

That means that they have planned this and it's not directly related to any complaints.
  • Options
    I feel like the gear wasn’t as bad to get as say stuns and such because it was CONSISTENTLY available in multiple stores .... my concern was the limited opportunities to get currency for the stores.... yes yes I know crystals blah blah blah.... but my dad doesn’t own a burger shop under the sea
  • Options
    Definitely an improvement!
    4aswrrb3jq3t.png
  • Options
    Now the apologists - the usual suspects, by the way - are claiming the playerbase hasn't been complaining about gear bottlenecks, long grinds, and the lack of kyros for an extended period of time.

Each and every one of you knows the above to be true. Each and every one of those who quoted me thus far has previously defended the above, likely many times, to my recollection, meaning you're denying the existence of posts to which you yourselves have responded.

This is the definition is intellectual dishonesty. There is no point whatsoever trying to have an actual back-and-forth with you if you're going to engage in that manner.

People complained about lack of needed gear, bottlenecks, etc. ad nauseum. This is a much-needed response to that.
  • Options
    Kudos CG, I'm pleasantly surprised you finally gave us something we asked for. Well done.
    giphy.gif
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Now the apologists - the usual suspects, by the way - are claiming the playerbase hasn't been complaining about gear bottlenecks, long grinds, and the lack of kyros for an extended period of time.
    Literally nobody claimed that.

I am saying credit shouldn't go to whining on this one. Tuning the economy is a huge part of game design, whether you're kvetching about it or not. And the game is going toward some major changes to the economy and the gear system.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Actually there is a very good chance that this was always part of their intention for the introduction of Relics.

Absolutely. They already said in the introductory information about relics that they would be easing the gear crunch in some way, and I'm pretty sure this is it.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I will gladly take the kryotechs and the increase to 5 of the other salvage types. 5 stun guns when they drop will be a nice bonus.

Take 5 whole portions of respect CG.
  • Options
    Definitely an improvement!
    4aswrrb3jq3t.png

Ohhh that’s pretty!!
  • Options
    This is an amazing improvement! I also agree that this was intentional and thought of by CG to ease the gearing struggle.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Its great . Those syringes hurt though
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    “Added the potential for 250 crystals.”

Oh boy, time for everyone in the game to get 250 crystal drops from dailies except for me
  • Options
    “Added the potential for 250 crystals.”

Oh boy, time for everyone in the game to get 250 crystal drops from dailies except for me

I actually see this improving the drop rate for higher crystals ... you figure up to 250 so if it’s the same percentage drop rate then it should be a higher chance at higher crystals .... math or something I don’t know lol
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Its great . Those syringes hurt though

They are the ones in challenges tho right?