Put Hard Node attempts back to 8

Replies

• Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    So if I have 160 characters at 7* and you only have 139 at 7* how in the world do you figure I’m wasting anything when I have 21 more character than you?
    There is little value to be had in sheer quantity of 7* characters. Gearing them is more limiting in terms of actually making them useful. Farming units at the rate of 5 attempts per day is not a significant constraint because you're still farming them as fast as if not faster than you can gear them up.

Kyrotechs, injectors, G12/+ gear, holoprojectors for heatsinks, stun guns. All of these are more valuable in the endgame than sinking crystals on refreshes to get Droideka and Shaak Ti up faster.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    So if I have 160 characters at 7* and you only have 139 at 7* how in the world do you figure I’m wasting anything when I have 21 more character than you?
    There is little value to be had in sheer quantity of 7* characters. Gearing them is more limiting in terms of actually making them useful. Farming units at the rate of 5 attempts per day is not a significant constraint because you're still farming them as fast as if not faster than you can gear them up.

Kyrotechs, injectors, G12/+ gear, holoprojectors for heatsinks, stun guns. All of these are more valuable in the endgame than sinking crystals on refreshes to get Droideka and Shaak Ti up faster.

Do you think they will change the holo trade-in for heatsinks? It’s just too good of a deal right now, thinking a nerf is incoming...

Well talking about it ain't helping.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    5bc4thegmwj9.jpeg

I was going to point out the crystal cost of farming vs buying but I'm guessing I'll just get something back about drop rates being nerfed. My suggestion is to buy a bear.

Also, if that's you, you have 14 crystals. Just saying.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Do you think they will change the holo trade-in for heatsinks? It’s just too good of a deal right now, thinking a nerf is incoming...
    If you think that's what's gonna happen, then smoke 'em while you got 'em.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    @JDIII
    You are the one ignoring half of the conversation because you can't argue with it and switching to other themes all the time while trying of making your point valid. That's not working.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    RandomSithLord My Lobot wasn’t farmed, he was giving to me in Chromium, along with a majority of others that I have. Nice try though! And for the other part of your comment, this whole discussion is about hard nodes not normal. He’s embarrassed for not making sense so he trying to go to other things (that’s not working) to help him feel better
    See sig, see sig, see sig, and see sig.

The impact of hard node attempts ties directly into energy. Most notably the fact that you get the same amount of energy whether attempts are at 5 or 8. And that energy is divvied up between hard and normal nodes.

That you are wasting resources on needless node refreshes is relevant when that energy would serve you better on the normal nodes is, in fact, relevant.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    RandomSithLord My Lobot wasn’t farmed, he was giving to me in Chromium, along with a majority of others that I have. Nice try though! And for the other part of your comment, this whole discussion is about hard nodes not normal. He’s embarrassed for not making sense so he trying to go to other things (that’s not working) to help him feel better
    See sig, see sig, see sig, and see sig.

Can I see sigsig, master of swgohevents.com?
  • Options
    Personally i think they should up the drop rate of gear (especially those aweful aweful new gear pieces) to 50%. The g8-12 bottlenecks are pretty useless now that toons basically aren't usable for new content if they arent g12.

With the exception of kits like bastilla lead toons aren't remotely viable in arena below g11, more likely g12 now that relics are a thing. Same with TW/GA. And it looks like new guild PvE content will be designed with relics in mind.

Point being star level plus going from g12 to relic is enough bottleneck. There's no need for farming sub-g12 gear when those gear levels make a toon about as useful as g3 barring a few kit exceptions that allow teams to hit above their weight class.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    They got rid of the crunch by adding 5 a day of good gear (if you're lucky).

(lol)
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    @JDIII who is that directed at?
  • Options
    He does that.

Disagreeing with him means acting tough, apparently.

He also seems to think that using 8 x 20 normal energy (twice) on a hard node farm is completely unrelated to farming kyrotech on normal nodes. Doesn’t seem to realise that the 320 energy he’d be using for one of those activities necessarily means he’s limiting the amount he can do of the other.
  • Options
    I can’t believe there are players that actually think 5 attempts are better than 8, lol this is some funny stuff here. My 7 year old son can figure this out, but grown men/woman can’t, hilarious!!!
    One is certainly more than the other. But in context "better" and "worse" are not useful concepts.

You say your seven year old son can figure this out, but your seven year old also has a child's understanding of design and economics.

No one is saying five is "better" than eight. We're saying people are not hurt by the shift to the degree or in the way it's generally made out, and it's mostly an impact in corner cases. Like the rare cases where node refreshes are practical. Which is not most of the time.

We also point out that you are making bad resource management decisions that cause you to be more impacted by the change. Which is not about five or eight being better. It's about you making bad decisions.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Hard nodes will go back to 8 if we get 10 marquees in a row.

Pick ... your ... poison
  • Options
    8 is more than 5.
    Amen.
  • Options
    I can’t believe there are players that actually think 5 attempts are better than 8, lol this is some funny stuff here. My 7 year old son can figure this out, but grown men/woman can’t, hilarious!!!
    One is certainly more than the other. But in context "better" and "worse" are not useful concepts.

You say your seven year old son can figure this out, but your seven year old also has a child's understanding of design and economics.

No one is saying five is "better" than eight. We're saying people are not hurt by the shift to the degree or in the way it's generally made out, and it's mostly an impact in corner cases. Like the rare cases where node refreshes are practical. Which is not most of the time.

We also point out that you are making bad resource management decisions that cause you to be more impacted by the change. Which is not about five or eight being better. It's about you making bad decisions.

I think we can all agree you are better at swgoh than us.
    Is it ok that 8 hard nodes is better for players who are still farming needed toons?

Not everyone is endgame ready. Please stop assuming every player has all the relevent toons needed for events. Farming those hard nodes without having to spend so many crystals for refreshes on the node leaves more opportunity for energy refreshes.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    I think we can all agree you are better at swgoh than us.
    Is it ok that 8 hard nodes is better for players who are still farming needed toons?

Not everyone is endgame ready. Please stop assuming every player has all the relevent toons needed for events. Farming those hard nodes without having to spend so many crystals for refreshes on the node leaves more opportunity for energy refreshes.
    Again- and I've said this multiple times- for people who are still early game and have a lot of relevant toons to farm, the difference between 8 and 5 attempts is largely arbitrary. Whether you do 5 farms at 8 attempts each or 8 farms at 5 attempts each, you get 13 1/3 important character shards per day and a year from now your roster looks pretty much the same. This is not a poor, beleaguered new players situation.

And for those early players who still have a lot of important units to farm, node refreshes are almost always a terrible idea. You're gonna need to farm those other characters sooner or later anyways. Better to work on them in parallel rather than throw crystals down a hole to get no additional resources. Not buying unnecessary node refreshes saves the most crystals on node refreshes.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    You get more shards per day with 8 attempt than you do with 5. Now I see what is wrong with you, you think we get the same amount but we don’t. Having 8 attempts per day is gonna help anyone get their character finished faster. So enough with your trolling bro, it’s getting old. Nobody is gonna pick 5 over 8 if we ever had the option to select it. Whoever says otherwise is a liar. Just so it don’t get misunderstood, I mean if devs said you guys pick: (a) 5 attempts from now on, or (b) 8 attempts from now on.

If we get 8 attempts back that means we just got 10+ marquees.

And nobody wants that

5 attempts has a smaller burden to fill
  • Options
    They said it here...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200329/changes-coming-in-the-next-update#latest

So the only way it’ll go back to 8 is if there are a pile of new toons for us all to panic farm.

As for the 8v5 argument in general, it really depends where you are in the game.

If you’ve got ~170 Shaak Ti shards and ~30 Sith Fighter shards left to farm and absolutely nothing else, 8 attempts would help you finish quicker. (That’s where I am).

For players with multiple toons left to farm, 8 attempts would help them finish one toon quicker, but at the cost of crystals that they wouldn’t have spent if they used their energy on multiple nodes instead.

Focusing all your energy on one toon is a good idea if they’re a barrier for entry to an event, like Shaak Ti is likely to be.
  • Options
    8 is still more than 5.
    Still fact.
    Logic.
  • Options
    You get more shards per day with 8 attempt than you do with 5. Now I see what is wrong with you, you think we get the same amount but we don’t. Having 8 attempts per day is gonna help anyone get their character finished faster. So enough with your trolling bro, it’s getting old. Nobody is gonna pick 5 over 8 if we ever had the option to select it. Whoever says otherwise is a liar. Just so it don’t get misunderstood, I mean if devs said you guys pick: (a) 5 attempts from now on, or (b) 8 attempts from now on.
    I was replying to Krashxxx bringing up new units. And in that case, no. No, 8 attempts per day absolutely does not give more shards than 5 attempts per day.

If you are doing a single hard node farm on Rey, FOST, Veers, Sion, and Juhani at 8 attempts per day, you are earning 13 1/3 shards per day.

If you are doing a single hard node farm on Rey, FOST, Veers, Sion, Juhani, Wicket, Rangetrooper, and Bastila at 5 attempts per day, you are earning 13 1/3 shards per day. Which is THE SAME NUMBER OF SHARDS.

13 1/3 is the same number as 13 1/3.

The number only becomes different for a new player when you're wasting crystals on node refreshes as a matter of habit, which is misuse of resources. Energy is the limiter on roster growth, not node attempts.

As to what any individual player would choose? Irrelevant. There's a reason the game isn't a democracy. There's a game economy to balance, and the players' choice will always be more, regardless of impact on the game.
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    8 is still more than 5.
    Still fact.
    Logic.
    Yes, eight is more than five. "More" is also not necessarily the appropriate answer when balancing an economy.

Logic includes not leaping to unrelated conclusions.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Just remember: 1 out of 5 is better than 1 out of 8!