Like many, log in, nothing to do

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Couldn’t your guild do that so you had a Raid today?

I’m not paying my guild hundreds of dollars to gear and relic my toons.

Good thing you can do it for free.

Given enough time, sure. But let’s not pretend G13 and relics were introduced for any reason other than to pressure people to spend to keep up in GAC and arena and every other game mode. Point is, I spend a lot of money on the game. I don’t think it unreasonable that I actually have stuff to do in the game.

Relics are easy (1-4) compared to G13.

Or they were introduced as a development path that, like everything in this game, is designed to take time and make choices more difficult, and as always there is a path to make it go faster..... but villainizing it is all the rage right now.

There is stuff to do in game, could there be more, yes. Is this a lull, yes. Do we know that there was a change in leadership and possibly the long term plan that was already in motion....seems likely, but that doesnt change the fact that there is things to do and that a little down time between things is not always a bad thing, after all we all get to talk to each other.

We know things are coming and it may be prudent to show a little patience, because if they rush it and its buggy we will all be here again, with just a different title on the thread.

People are “villainizing” the “development path” because the devs released G13 finishers and then relics on top as a clear way to bring in revenue without providing any new content or value to the consumers whose money they were taking. The devs talk about the “engagement” with relics showing that the early criticism was no big deal, like the fact that people felt obligated to not fall behind somehow means they actually enjoy farming gear for the scavenger. It’s such a ridiculous stretch in logic. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think most people farm gear just for the feeling of accomplishment they get from seeing their toons glow when they hit G13. They want to actually use those toons and feel like that investment of time and/or money was worth it because it lets them do something new and interesting in the game.

It takes virtually no effort on the devs’ part to schedule some assault battles or something during down periods when there is no TW or GA or TB.

Please tell me, Kyno, whether you think I’m being unreasonable to expect that something more be scheduled than an Omega battle on any given day.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If you are in a competitive guild, you feel pressured to keep up with the pack. And I’m not just talking about the top 10 or so guilds. If you want to win TWs and do well in GAC, you feel an obligation to keep up. The devs obviously know this since it is their entire business plan. I’m not even complaining that it is a crappy business model (it is). I’m just saying we deserve some content to go with our extortion.
  • TVF
    36716 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not arguing against additional content FWIW. I'm arguing against this idea that there's nothing to do, or that there's nothing new to do.

🤦‍♂️

Solid counterargument as always.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I'm not arguing against additional content FWIW. I'm arguing against this idea that there's nothing to do, or that there's nothing new to do.

🤦‍♂️

Solid counterargument as always.

No point in arguing 😂. You’re dead set on your position in every single thread on this forum. So I only 🤦‍♂️ at opportune moments....which is often.
  • Options

Given enough time, sure. But let’s not pretend G13 and relics were introduced for any reason other than to pressure people to spend to keep up in GAC and arena and every other game mode. Point is, I spend a lot of money on the game. I don’t think it unreasonable that I actually have stuff to do in the game.

Or they were introduced as a development path that, like everything in this game, is designed to take time and make choices more difficult, and as always there is a path to make it go faster..... but villainizing it is all the rage right now.

There is stuff to do in game, could there be more, yes. Is this a lull, yes. Do we know that there was a change in leadership and possibly the long term plan that was already in motion....seems likely, but that doesnt change the fact that there is things to do and that a little down time between things is not always a bad thing, after all we all get to talk to each other.

We know things are coming and it may be prudent to show a little patience, because if they rush it and its buggy we will all be here again, with just a different title on the thread.

People are “villainizing” the “development path” because the devs released G13 finishers and then relics on top as a clear way to bring in revenue without providing any new content or value to the consumers whose money they were taking. The devs talk about the “engagement” with relics showing that the early criticism was no big deal, like the fact that people felt obligated to not fall behind somehow means they actually enjoy farming gear for the scavenger. It’s such a ridiculous stretch in logic. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think most people farm gear just for the feeling of accomplishment they get from seeing their toons glow when they hit G13. They want to actually use those toons and feel like that investment of time and/or money was worth it because it lets them do something new and interesting in the game.

It takes virtually no effort on the devs’ part to schedule some assault battles or something during down periods when there is no TW or GA or TB.

Please tell me, Kyno, whether you think I’m being unreasonable to expect that something more be scheduled than an Omega battle on any given day.

How dare you ask for daily events!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    This game tends to be feast or famine. One day you'll be a bit bored because an omega battle was scheduled and nothing else. Couple days later, you'll be doing an assault battle, TW, GAC, and 2 raids. Ebb and flow... For that reason I'm not sure I'd want to see much of an increase in daily events. Perhaps just pairing an omega battle (quick) wirh a heist or galactic bounty (10min).
    For the record, I sim everything but GW. Actually finding the occasional decent team in there lately, though not very high gear (ns, imp troopers, clones, sep droids, revan).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It takes me 16 minutes to complete all dailies. I haven't been really playing much. I've... Downloaded something else I'm starting to make traction on. I thought the Q & A was today and wanted to see what came of it. Wrong day.

I wouldn't have seen myself doing this a month ago. But, habits break, and they break hard.

I was looking at ghosts of the past through the forum posts of yore. I noticed, these cohorts of forum posting personalities. Many, had more posts than the people you see today. And they're gone... Last posts...years ago. And you can read their timeline in the game through their posts. You can see their zeal for the game. However, you see them hit lulls, tech issues, performance, community, communication. And then gone...

And I wondered, is this my fate? Is this how it ends? I'm just going to get out like a light?

I kinda got a little anxiety. I've enjoyed this game very much. However, I'm in a guild, that I enjoy. I wouldn't and don't want to quit on them. I'm sure they've notice how little I'm on these days.

A few days ago I necrod a post. Yeah I got warned happy? I knew it was coming. But it wasn't as reckless as it would appear. There was a reason. Other than poggle being the login character.

I did it because I wanted to know. Could an echo from today reach back to the past? Could I awaken that zest for the game again in someone who looked to be long gone? Were they truly gone? Did they really leave this game I like so much? Could this be happening to me?

I fear it is. And maybe, in a few years someone will be rummaging through old forum posts and run across mine. And maybe, just maybe they'll wonder if my fate is a harbinger of theirs. And maybe they'll try to revive my interests. Who knows, maybe it will bring me back?

I'm not gone yet. Like I said, still have the guild to think of. But I'd be flat out lying if I said I still had the same passion and wallet for this game as I did a month ago.

Anyway, my only message to those people who tell others that are bored with the game to get a life or to do other things. I'd say ... You're spending so much time on the forums and posting so much of that talk, I'm wondering who's really more bored with the game?

Looks like the q&a is tomorrow. I'm hoping for a spark. Check y'all then, maybe.. peace out.

• Options
    The game is stale and boring but the same 2-3 people think that’s ok and blah blah blah. The forums are stale and boring, too. If only there was new playable content we could talk about....
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the ugly truth about the state content is that like the devs mentioned themselves, unless something can be monetized they simply won't put manpower into it, even if they are banking millions off of other stuff like relics simultaneously. Each mode gets it's own revenue generation assessment independent of the game as a whole.

From this follows that if something can be monetized it must be able to give rewards as an incentive for monetization and if it gives rewards then it speeds up player's account progression which they don't want to allow.

The entire game model is based on the principles of starvation and pace throttling. Making the player feel like they aren't progressing fast enough for their liking so they end up buying crystals to speed it up. If they add more rewards to the game the player may not feel starved enough to spend.

I'd argue that since they added more gear walls to the end game they should add more rewards across multiple modes but you know CG, they won't do it.
  • Options
    You guys should file a bug report, because complaining about it on the forums is not going to achieve anything. Though, it does give you something to do, I suppose...

Filing a bug report will achieve even less than complaining on the forums. But I must say I do love how no matter how legitimate a complaint someone has, there is always at least one person who tells them they shouldn’t bother complaining because it isn’t going to change anything. It’s like some people think the purpose of the forums is just to tell the devs how awesome they are at everything. At least theoretically, the forums are a way to provide feedback that might one day be read or responded to by the devs.

Counterpoint: I also love how some forum users expect absolutely everyone to agree with what they post.

Lots of people post complaints / concerns / feedback, then when someone offers an alternative view they are accused of being a CG apologist.

I mean, sure - I like days when there’s TW and GA running, with an Assault Battle and a couple of raids thrown in for good measure. My point is I’m glad not every day is like that, and yesterday’s calmness was something I enjoyed - especially seeing as the GAC / TW cycle begins again today. Of course, I’m also glad that not every day is as quiet as yesterday, too.

You are entitled to feel bored on a day with little content - but I’m entitled to tell you I welcomed the small window of peace and quiet.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You guys should file a bug report, because complaining about it on the forums is not going to achieve anything. Though, it does give you something to do, I suppose...

Filing a bug report will achieve even less than complaining on the forums. But I must say I do love how no matter how legitimate a complaint someone has, there is always at least one person who tells them they shouldn’t bother complaining because it isn’t going to change anything. It’s like some people think the purpose of the forums is just to tell the devs how awesome they are at everything. At least theoretically, the forums are a way to provide feedback that might one day be read or responded to by the devs.

Counterpoint: I also love how some forum users expect absolutely everyone to agree with what they post.

Lots of people post complaints / concerns / feedback, then when someone offers an alternative view they are accused of being a CG apologist.

I mean, sure - I like days when there’s TW and GA running, with an Assault Battle and a couple of raids thrown in for good measure. My point is I’m glad not every day is like that, and yesterday’s calmness was something I enjoyed - especially seeing as the GAC / TW cycle begins again today. Of course, I’m also glad that not every day is as quiet as yesterday, too.

You are entitled to feel bored on a day with little content - but I’m entitled to tell you I welcomed the small window of peace and quiet.

You’re comparing apples to zucchini. If I want to play the game and there is nothing to do in the game, I have no options. There simply isn’t anything to do. If there is too much to do (for you at least), you have the option of skipping content. You don’t have to do assault battles. You don’t have to do GAC. You don’t even have to do raids. You have the option to skip all those things. Adding more content for those that want it would not change things for people like you who like a break. You can take a break at any time.

I understand though. It’s the internet. People argue for the sake of arguing even when their argument is absolutely ludicrous. Case in point: People arguing against new content.

Today should be a big content day though. We get to set defense in TW and hit the join button for GAC. I’m giddy with anticipation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JZ95 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the ugly truth about the state content is that like the devs mentioned themselves, unless something can be monetized they simply won't put manpower into it, even if they are banking millions off of other stuff like relics simultaneously. Each mode gets it's own revenue generation assessment independent of the game as a whole.

Would you mind sharing that quote.

It would also be interesting to see where you got this second idea from.

Can you draw the line to how the dev tracker they I introduced will produce revenue? I'm not seeing it, and I know they put man power into that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Or they introduced elements into the game (also known as content, but I wont go there), and following with the entire theme that has been present since the beginning of the game, it takes time to complete and it can be sped up if someone chooses to $$$. Its almost like they are a business and this is what they do. This is literally the development path of the game and is for many games, villainizing it is a choice and not a result.

If players that value being current see relics as a means to do so and are comfortable with the value they get, who are we to judge them or assign motives? If they measure the cost vs engagement this way, who are we to argue. What they seem to be saying is that the game will move on and this was not a huge misstep as far as support for the game goes, that is a good thing (we all have to remember that the game goes away without financial support), and yes if thia was a misstep that would be the first place they would see an issue. As much data as they collect, they probably dont look at a micro level and really cant with this huge of a player base.

Does any farm gear to see a shiny gold ring, no, absolutely not. Is their joy when you a player finishes a team or a specific goal toon, even before they get to use them, yes, and if not you may be playing the wrong game.

The title of this thread is log in and nothing to do. That is a choice, there is stuff to do, but let's not get into the "what they meant" argument.

Can you link a single month where we have had an even running every day? This is nothing new, there is always stretches of down time. If we go through the forums and reddit, I would bet that the posts about too much to do and not enough time still outnumber the posts about nothing to do. Every game is always trying to strike a balance, not everyone will like it, but this is also a swing we dont normally see, and as I said earlier even from the outside we can see many possible reasons, with the changing of the staff and the content they have announced and even the big push we are seeing towards fixing issues and more communication. Much of this is a bigger or new effort that could throw a wrench in the works and cause some delays.

That being said, this is not the normal and maybe its prudent to give it a little time and patience to see how it plays out when they get back up to speed. Everything in this game is a marathon not a sprint.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »

You’re comparing apples to zucchini. If I want to play the game and there is nothing to do in the game, I have no options. There simply isn’t anything to do. If there is too much to do (for you at least), you have the option of skipping content. You don’t have to do assault battles. You don’t have to do GAC. You don’t even have to do raids. You have the option to skip all those things. Adding more content for those that want it would not change things for people like you who like a break. You can take a break at any time.

I understand though. It’s the internet. People argue for the sake of arguing even when their argument is absolutely ludicrous. Case in point: People arguing against new content.

Today should be a big content day though. We get to set defense in TW and hit the join button for GAC. I’m giddy with anticipation.
    I don’t skip content because I don’t want to fall behind.

And I wasn’t comparing anything, let alone apples and courgettes. The OP and others are suggesting it’s a travesty that they are bored, I merely offer the counterpoint that I welcomed the downtime.

There is a splendid irony in you saying “people argue for the sake of arguing”. I’m not arguing against new content. Just pointing out that I welcomed a quieter day in the game.
  • Options

Well that’s because typically the CG Web Brigade steps into any complaint, concern, or feedback thread and quickly trolls it away from its original purpose. Just like here, some of the first responses are comments like go outside, read a book, or the one that shows up on most posts, “if you hate the game so much why don’t you quit?” And there’s the quote it or prove it type comments. Once in a while those are understandable and justified, but now it’s like they’re used for shutting down any argument.

It’s not always a matter of wanting someone to agree. Sometimes, people just get frustrated with being trolled.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

The real analogy is: When you’ve watched every show, go for a walk or read a book. The game is working in this scenario, so it would be like asking for more shows. Not unreasonable, but also not a priority, especially when many casual players already have enough to do (or shows to watch). Just my 2 cents.

I think your analogy is much better as you guessed, but I think it sheds more light on the OP. If many people have watched all the shows and and the cable company stopped producing new content then people would move to another provider who is making new content or that may at least be new to them. .

I agree with many that you can't expect a game to constantly be pumping out new stuff the very second a single person or small group of people gets bored. It's not sustainable, but at the same time if you've been playing for years going back and doing GW manually may not be the excitement you're looking for. Logging in and simming for my 600 tix is not game content. It's a chore some days. Would you suggest that to farm some low level gear I go in each time and manually do it? I mean I guess I could run it with Ugnaut and CUP short man and see what happens, but the fun of that would run out pretty quick too.

I get why CG does what they do. Releasing relics, while not new content, gets people to spend. Short and simple, and spenders keep our game alive, but if there is a rising sense in the community that content is lacking then maybe create something that keeps people engaged. The OP is not the only one, but who knows where the majority lies or even if not a majority a good portion.

It can be an 80's style arcade version of pod or speeder bike racing where you try and get the highest score. No upgrades to buy. It's you versus your entire shard on equal skill footing. Have at it. Maybe toss in some titles to unlock like doing it without killing another biker or killing them all. I don't know. Whatever. If it keeps people with their phone in their hands and the SWGOH app open then it should be a win for CG too right?

For the people who suggest "go for a walk" you can almost taste the smugness in the air. Hardly helpful. Thanks for the hot tip. How much do I owe you or is that a freebie? You have no idea what other people's lives look like or how much time they spend outside, with family or at work, nor do you have any idea of what causes them joy. Maybe they love SW content so chore or not it's still somewhat pleasing for them and they're just hoping for more. Hey maybe they can't walk. What a great suggestion you gave. The point is people are more than aware there are others things to do outside of SWGOH. That's not what they're asking for. At least I don't remember the OP asking for advice on how to spend their time. They asked for things to do while spending their time on SWGOH.

Alright all the SWGOH apologists. Queue up and have at it. While I often agree with some of your (and we know who you are :) ) criticism towards the constant cynicism in the community I think sometimes the constant chorus line you give is at the other polar end and also makes it hard to take seriously.
  • TVF
    36716 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Well that’s because typically the CG Web Brigade steps into any complaint, concern, or feedback thread and quickly trolls it away from its original purpose.

Can you guys all settle on one name already? CG Web Brigade, CG Defense Force, Troll Patrol, Keyboard Warriors....we're never going to there without a clear consistent branding.

If you'll allow me to provide a bit of constructive feedback, CG Web Brigade is kinda the weakest of all the ones I've heard. Don't get me wrong, you've got a good foundation there with "Brigade." That's a new one AFAIK and it's strong. Easy to remember, evocative, rolls off the tongue nicely. And "CG" is always a winner.

That leaves "Web" and that's where I feel you've lost your way. I'm going to assume you're making a reference to "World Wide Web" which really dates the reference. Or makes it sound like it came from a sixty-five-year-old US Senator who is talking about a communications bill he doesn't understand. "Internet" would probably have been a better choice, but I have faith you can top that one too.

I look forward to what everyone comes up with in the future. But I would highly recommend work-shopping it privately first, coming to a consensus, and then rolling it out together as one voice.

Good luck!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Well that’s because typically the CG Web Brigade steps into any complaint, concern, or feedback thread and quickly trolls it away from its original purpose.

Can you guys all settle on one name already? CG Web Brigade, CG Defense Force, Troll Patrol, Keyboard Warriors....we're never going to there without a clear consistent branding.

If you'll allow me to provide a bit of constructive feedback, CG Web Brigade is kinda the weakest of all the ones I've heard. Don't get me wrong, you've got a good foundation there with "Brigade." That's a new one AFAIK and it's strong. Easy to remember, evocative, rolls off the tongue nicely. And "CG" is always a winner.

That leaves "Web" and that's where I feel you've lost your way. I'm going to assume you're making a reference to "World Wide Web" which really dates the reference. Or makes it sound like it came from a sixty-five-year-old US Senator who is talking about a communications bill he doesn't understand. "Internet" would probably have been a better choice, but I have faith you can top that one too.

I look forward to what everyone comes up with in the future. But I would highly recommend work-shopping it privately first, coming to a consensus, and then rolling it out together as one voice.

Good luck!

It was in reference to the Russian Web Brigade. You should look it up.

Although Troll Patrol does sound the best lol.
  • Options
    If players that value being current see relics as a means to do so and are comfortable with the value they get, who are we to judge them or assign motives? If they measure the cost vs engagement this way, who are we to argue.

I'm going to comment on this even though this is a digression from the rest of this thread.

I hate the sentiment in those two sentences. "We" as a collective are Video Gamers. The Video Gaming industry has been moving inexorably toward in game monetization and away from traditional "pay once get everything" games. More and more frequently games are being produced with the intent of being intentionally frustrating (so that players pay) as opposed to be being produced with the intent of providing the player enjoyment.

When people spend ridiculous amounts of money on relics (or really any in game content), it helps perpetuate this trend. When gaming companies measure cost vs engagement in the way EA is currently doing, it shows they are following this trend.

As a consumer, I want value for my product. As a video gamer, I don't want in game monetization. I want complete games and level fields for competition. Unfortunately, Freemium games are making these types of games rarer and rarer, so in fact,"We" as video gamers are impacted by a small minorities willingness to whale and drive this industry in a new direction.

So absolutely, "We" as video gamers have a right to argue and judge.

I say this knowing full well the hypocrisy of being part of the problem. ;)

• Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

At least I don't remember the OP asking for advice on how to spend their time. They asked for things to do while spending their time on SWGOH.

No, that is not what OP asked either. Nothing was asked at all. OP was just suffering that there was nothing to do in game for one single day. One day of not knowing what to do.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

No, that is not what OP asked either. Nothing was asked at all. OP was just suffering that there was nothing to do in game for one single day. One day of not knowing what to do.

Read what you want man. No one's going to change your mind. But if I'm not mistaken, and I could be paraphrasing, but the OPs first line is "People are asking for content". Let's just assume the OP is a "people". Is that too much of a stretch? Therefore they are "asking" for something. Or maybe we can infer from their post in general what they are asking for? Rather than everyone trying to be right on the interwebz or take the literal sense of everything let's just take a step back and use common sense.

Now if the OP is lamenting that out of 365 days there is one single day that there is nothing to do and complaining, or even go a step further and say there's one whole day a week with no event or riveting content then I'm right onboard with you. We can all go a day every now and again and set the game down. Kind of a bummer when you get into a rhythm of playing, but not the end of the world, end of days type situation.

Hard to know exactly what's in the OP's brain. I'll take a stretch though and maybe relate it a bit to me. Even if there is an "event" it's starting to get stagnant. Not up and leave stagnant. Just kind of ho-hum stagnant and I'd like to see something new. So in other words on a day where there's a credit heist up, apart form getting currency that is needed, there's not a lot of joy taken in the process any more. Adding relics isn't really content because it's the same stale process to get it. Again not going QQ or rage quit here. Just starting to feel the pains of repetition. Again I guess that's my standpoint and view and may not fully be in line with the OP, but when I read their post I could relate to it. Surely others must even if in some small degree.

• Options
    MntMan wrote: »

Read what you want man. No one's going to change your mind. But if I'm not mistaken, and I could be paraphrasing, but the OPs first line is "People are asking for content". Let's just assume the OP is a "people". Is that too much of a stretch? Therefore they are "asking" for something. Or maybe we can infer from their post in general what they are asking for? Rather than everyone trying to be right on the interwebz or take the literal sense of everything let's just take a step back and use common sense.

Now if the OP is lamenting that out of 365 days there is one single day that there is nothing to do and complaining, or even go a step further and say there's one whole day a week with no event or riveting content then I'm right onboard with you. We can all go a day every now and again and set the game down. Kind of a bummer when you get into a rhythm of playing, but not the end of the world, end of days type situation.

Hard to know exactly what's in the OP's brain. I'll take a stretch though and maybe relate it a bit to me. Even if there is an "event" it's starting to get stagnant. Not up and leave stagnant. Just kind of ho-hum stagnant and I'd like to see something new. So in other words on a day where there's a credit heist up, apart form getting currency that is needed, there's not a lot of joy taken in the process any more. Adding relics isn't really content because it's the same stale process to get it. Again not going QQ or rage quit here. Just starting to feel the pains of repetition. Again I guess that's my standpoint and view and may not fully be in line with the OP, but when I read their post I could relate to it. Surely others must even if in some small degree.

I am woman. Just for the fact. As I have the feeling that you are speaking to someone else.
    And if you read after a faceless statement that "people asked for..." you may fing that the post is about one day without game events when OP has nothing to do exept arena.
    There is nothing about not knowing what to do yesterday, the day before yesterday, tomorrow or next week. This post was create in the day without events exept omega battle and is about the fact that OP has nothing to do in game that day.
    Or at least I see nothing more in that post.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options

I am woman. Just for the fact.

First apologies. No offense meant. Was more of a generalized statement like "Hey guys", "Hey man", etc. I fully recognize it's a rather misogynistic approach so hence the apology. I catch myself saying "Good job guys" to my daughters soccer team that I coach. It's not meant with ill intent just an old, albeit, not great habit.

Anyways I'd have to disagree with you here once again. While I did read on past the first line of the OP perhaps I was better able to infer from what the OP meant. I'm justified in my thinking in the post directly above this in which the OP further provides clarification for anyone who may not have understood what they meant.

So first your statement was the OP did not ask for anything. You are incorrect. In line one they did in fact do so. While not recognizing this you further opined that they were only dissatisfied with a single day of nothing to do. Again incorrect it would seem. I would suggest rather than take a close minded approach here let's all be open minded.

I'll take a first stab by saying you are correct in that the community as a whole tends to have a knee **** reaction to things and often blows minor things up into major issues. The community (and this speaks of fragments and not the whole) tends to lack patience and often has no idea what it actually wants evidenced by us asking for something then as soon as we get it another fraction complains about it. While this may not be a quote directly from you I get the sense this may align somewhat with how you feel. I can't argue your opinion here. I think it's mostly justified.

That being said I think this is a longer term issue the OP raises. Call it less a knee **** reaction but a slow burn that is culminating to frustration for some, again not all. How each person reacts to it will be different, but you cannot ignore that there are some who feel this way despite our other worldly activities such as sports, reading, family and work or whatever else someone wants to point out we should do instead that we all may do in different quantitiess and occasionally look for an escape from it all, even if possibly for a short time, in a Star Wars themed engagement.
  • Options

I am woman. Just for the fact.

First apologies. No offense meant.

I am not offended, at all)

If to assume that we are talking about every day than we come to collect energy, spend it, fight 2 arenas, do something for guild (raid, tw, tb), fight on GAC/PvE events.
    We are doing that every day if playing every day.
    And a year ago I was comming to collect energy, grind, do guild things and tb.
    And 2 years ago, though that was much less to do.
    And 3 years ago I was comming to collect 2 types of energy, grind chars from 3-attempt node, do 1 arena and 1 guild raid. Oh, and GW.
    Sounds borring, right?

And I have been equally interrested in playing both there and now, because I do not continue playing games I do not like. For me it is like eating a disgusting cake just because you bought it. Ok, majority sometines buy something they dont need. Or something they dont need anymore. Mistakes made, so though thay cake away and stop choking with it. Maybe when you relax from it you will return. Or not.

So I equally do not understand how there is nothing to do and why there is no new content (fleet, 2 raids, TW, TB, GAC all were new for me at some point) nor why to play the game there is nothing to do/you are bored with...
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options

And I have been equally interrested in playing both there and now, because I do not continue playing games I do not like.

Well that's as fair a statement as can be made. Can't argue with it, though I don't agree with your analogy. However it's your opinion and your take on how you feel, hence why it's impossible for me to tell you how you feel. I'm genuinely happy people are still excited to come play every day. Without that the game would be dead.

The Pit raid was exciting. New content totally. Even HAAT and the Sith Raid, though some argue it's not new content. I'd disagree. It wasn't just a smash and grab. You had to work out different strategies and game play. I'll give them (CG) the marks for that.

TW/TB also made things different when they were first introduced. There was some excitement for new content because it was new. Something besides the daily grind. Reskinning a TB (Geo) gets partial credit in my mind. It's still the same gameplay. It wasn't a change like from raid to raid. It's just tuned up. Now it does give me some joy to play for sure. To my lineup it's a challenge and has me focusing on other characters. It is one of the few things that I look forward to right now.

I'm skeptical if you tell me you're excited to log in and get your 600 tix every day, but again to each their own. I'm also skeptical when you argue our point that there is nothing new and then list off the raids, TB, TW, but "new" is technically a relative concept. I mean it's newer than Madden 2007, but is it new relative to how long people have played the content? I don't envy CG. They have a huge swath of player base to please. They have new players they have to make feel relevant while also keeping veteran players excited to keep coming back.

Your confusion over people playing a game they are getting bored with is also interesting. You know it's not always an extreme decision that has to be made. It's not "I'm miserable and this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me I must quit" or "Happy happy joy joy I'll play this forever and ever". There's middle ground and people that trend in a direction that fluctuates over time.

To me what I like about this game is the Star Wars content. Not sure there's a lot of other SW games out there on iPhone. I could be wrong. There are certainly other collection type games, but it's the star Wars theme and nostalgic draw to it. I enjoy that. I pass my time in the game waiting for either something new from CG in this SWGOH or another game to fill this void. If there was something else out there I enjoyed more I'd play it. I have just one other game I play and it surrounds the DC universe. The same maker had a first iteration of it that is still in the marketplace that i played but started getting bored. When 2.0 came out I jumped to that for a bit, played both then moved to 2.0 fully. Same maker. I have nothing against CG. If they come out with another Star Wars themed game one day that's better in my opinion I'll jump to it and never look back. For now I'll pass my time here, but I'm getting bored. At some point the Star Wars content may not cut it enough to keep me interested. Who knows. I guess I'll know it when I know it and that will be that. Maybe I'm alone in my little ship of thinking or maybe not.
  • Options
    Same, I log in, simulate everything and leave. Started playing marvel's strike force, much more f2p friendly.
  • Options

And I have been equally interrested in playing both there and now, because I do not continue playing games I do not like.
    Your confusion over people playing a game they are getting bored with is also interesting. You know it's not always an extreme decision that has to be made.

Lets say for me when you are doing something boring, you understand that you are doing something boring, you complain about doing something boring but you still doing that boring thing you are either forced to do it, or you are doing something wrong. I mean, there are a lot of interresting things in that life, why do something boring?)

Several of my guildmates left game because it bacame boring for them. Several desided to take rest and change guild for some very "light" version where you have no obligateons. One created her own guild where she was alone and can play as little as she wanted. Even with a t1 Rancor from time to time... Then some other retired players joined her. Some returned back later on when they feel they are interrested in game again.
    Some guildmates quited because that game has too much content and takes too much time they prefered to spend on themselwes/with family. Several returned.
    One left because of wampa... The game is definitely bead if they have to add such characters)

If I want more SW I play swtor. Or replay Kotor. Or read SW books (usually they are trash, but several gave me plesent evenings). If I get bored I stop duing that and change what I play/read.
    May be that is not common approach but I usually see that as: "We have one life, why should we do something we dont want to, espesially if we dont have to do that?" and playing is definitely a thing that is done purely for fun) unless that is your work, of course...