I predict they will...

Replies

• TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    I just spent $200 on GAS, who will collect dust at 5 star. In hindsight I'd rather have used those funds elsewhere, maybe on upcoming GR toons for LS Geo TB, or new ep9 toons

Same. I don't spend much money but I ignored the Revans because I don't care about that era or any of those characters because I never played those games. Instead I was working on Seperatists and Galactic Republic, so General Skywalker just kind of fell into my lap. I tossed a bit of money into the character to unlock him and was excited to be out in front of the meta for once.

Instead I have a cool toon I can't even use sitting on my bench and zero reason to bother ever spending money again.

Of course you can use him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I like relics.

Time to get attacked by 604959 angry people.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    GBahia03 wrote: »
    I like relics.

I actually do too....

....why are we whispering?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I like relics.

I actually do too....

Because we are a rare breed of players in this community.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I agree with you @Palanthian. The only reason I'm still playing SWGOH is because my LOVE for Star Wars outweighs all the shenanigans going on with this game and wanting to play a mobile Star Wars game. If there was a better mobile option I would have switched after this last update.

On a different note, I am an optimist and will continue to have hope that things will get better.

This is my situation exactly. But hoping things will get better, reading it aloud as it were, makes me feel so **** naive. I don't think it's going to get much better. But I do hope.

It sucks because this really is a good game, a great game even. Oh well only patience will tell what the future brings I guess. Maybe we're lucky and in time the new head dev has some grand epiphany or something.

Edit: I also like relics, relics are great. What's not great is the blatant cash grab that came with them. Malign portents right there.
  • Options
    @Lysandrax, you make an extremely key point that I feel others aren't giving enough attention to.

Malak came out at 5star into a g12 world. Bottom right gear 12 pieces weren't even released (is that correct?).

Now with relic 7 as the apex, if a new toon at 5 stars is going to come in and dominate at gear 11 the power creep will have broken the game.

My own thought to this is that f2p has been given a silver lining. Miss out first pass, but hoard for second pass and catch up after unlock. Just too bad that by then whales will have a few other new toons. However, that is what fuels this game so no issues there from me.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    miketo wrote: »
    @Lysandrax, you make an extremely key point that I feel others aren't giving enough attention to.

Malak came out at 5star into a g12 world. Bottom right gear 12 pieces weren't even released (is that correct?).

Now with relic 7 as the apex, if a new toon at 5 stars is going to come in and dominate at gear 11 the power creep will have broken the game.

My own thought to this is that f2p has been given a silver lining. Miss out first pass, but hoard for second pass and catch up after unlock. Just too bad that by then whales will have a few other new toons. However, that is what fuels this game so no issues there from me.

Also, malak was the last piece to an already meta squad.

We don't yet know what else may come for Gsky. Add that to the fact that he's competing against g13 and relics and it's no surprise he's not dominating. I don't see this as terrible, as a lot of us has hated the new toon suddenly being a huge force.

And for FTP players who often don't get new toons the first time, we get a chance to see how the new toons work. We always did to some point, but I think even more so now because before EVERYONE would use the new toon just because it was new and they had invested and also they just wanted something different. Now the new toons will only be used if they are actually worthwhile.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    That only costs real money because you have no crystals. I got the gear piece I needed to complete the Ganakin event for zero dollars.
  • Options
    @Palanthian

You should have predicted they would allow people to re-do the Malak event for enough shards to get him 7* so that people could free up their GET1 to just Farm GAS.

Of course this doesn't help those of us who already spent our GET1 to get Malak to 7*! In fact, it kind of further waters down our investment.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    @Palanthian

You should have predicted they would allow people to re-do the Malak event for enough shards to get him 7* so that people could free up their GET1 to just Farm GAS.

Of course this doesn't help those of us who already spent our GET1 to get Malak to 7*! In fact, it kind of further waters down our investment.

It helped you get him to 7* sooner.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    @Palanthian

What helped me get who to 7* sooner?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    @Palanthian

It helped you to get Malak to 7* sooner.

• Options
    @Palanthian

It helped you to get Malak to 7* sooner.

I already had Malak 7* before they released this current set of shards.....
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Exactly! Your spending of GET 1 helped you get Malak to 7* sooner.
  • Options
    Exactly! Your spending of GET 1 helped you get Malak to 7* sooner.

Sure. But by releasing the shards now, they have lowed the value for my up front investment in the gear levels to get malak early as well as increased the opportunity cost of me using get 1 to finish malak out.
  • Options
    I like relics.

I actually do too....

Because we are a rare breed of players in this community.

Spoiler-ception.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    That only costs real money because you have no crystals. I got the gear piece I needed to complete the Ganakin event for zero dollars.

Oh well, we have a representative of the mafia here.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I like relics.

I actually do too....

Cause its creepy.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    GJO wrote: »

I didnt know TVF was in the mafia. Is TVF a made guy or just a goon?
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

Either way, it's a 100% certainty he's wearing an Adidas jumpsuit.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Yeah well when you hoard, you miss out on other things that you should/could be farming. Or get lucky and get a fully crafted piece (if available)

Could be - yes
    Should be - extremely debatable

And my hoarding helped me get Ganakin. So in my case your "should be" is wrong.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Either way, it's a 100% certainty he's wearing an Adidas jumpsuit.

They are comfortable. I often wear my tracksuit with no underwear.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

@GJO which mafia do you refer to?
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options

I'm going to make an offer he can't refuse.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

I'm going to make an offer he can't refuse.

He who?
  • Options
    This aged well.
  • Happykillmore
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Still no statement of CG anywhere?! Facebook, Twitter, around here?! Nothing?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Still no statement of CG anywhere?! Facebook, Twitter, around here?! Nothing?

Other than the one they made a few minutes ago?