Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Also for the record, I had malak at 30 of 100 with get before this. So I spent a fairly large amount of get on malak as well.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    DarthSwag wrote: »
    Woof that’s a bad take. As someone who hoarded and spent his GES tokens to 7 star Malak this isn’t fair at all

I hoarded to 7* malak but didn't need it as i completed the mission again. Spent that currency on gear now. That's not fair either.
  • Options
    I’ve been spending my GET currency for 7* malak, and today I finished that grind. So if someone got him at 7* without spending get, good for them. I don’t care. Just having fun.
  • Options
    Nobody1 wrote: »
    I passed the event honestly again! I played 2 hours and it wasn't my fault that there was no information for so many hours that the event was wrong !!! I already put the gear on Malak and it's your mistake and don't punish us for it only yourself !!!!!

I also played and beat it before they announced it was bugged. It only took one try each time for me though since I have jkr and darth revan geared high since i have used both in arena.
  • Options
    Yah if they don't remove the shards then I'd be pretty angry at this point. I have a 6* Malak and missed out on the chance to play the event before they shut it down, so spending another 40K Get1 vs just replaying the event would make me turn to the dark side.
  • Options
    Lol I can't wait to see the rollback cluster. We know CG is at best "marginally" competent as a development group, but how are they gonna handle the following situation:

Had 0 shard shop currency.
    Played event. Received 150 shards.
    Converted 150 shards into shard shop currency.
    Spent shard shop all shard shop currency on pieces of eq.
    Applied EQ to characters.

I'd bet my 5* GAS they aren't getting this rollback right.

They will likely remove 150 shards from your 7* Malak and he will be a 5* Malak. Any gear, mods or relics you applied will be lost forever. You get to earn 150 shards all over again.
  • Options
    Io ero a 80/100. Ho rifatto solo il lato oscuro. Ho usato solo 20 frammenti per portare Malak a 7 stelle. Gli altri 55 li ho trasformati in valuta. Ora non vorrei ritrovarmi con Malak a 25/100. Ho usato tanti cristalli per il gear per completare gli ultimi 2 slot comprando pistole e 75 pezzi nuovi. Io rivoglio indietro i cristalli non i pezzi di gear anzi lasciatemi il mio Malak così com'è! Non voglio indietro niente. Ormai avete sbagliato. Di certo non siete dei geni
  • Options
    This could be like the NFL officiating problems. Just never do anything and let the situation stand as is. LOL
  • Options
    I just got malak last time he was available, i never post here. I did both the events this time around as well a was like oh that was not that bad to 7 star. Then went out and bought the relic packs/gear packs. If this is rolled back they should refund these purchases as well. As i had no idea this was a bug of any sort, i though oh ok they got the next big thing they are putting out some catch up mechanics or maybe it has always been that way??
  • Options
    Anyone who has ever dealt with Customer support for missed drops knows that there is no magic global 'undo' button. When adding or taking away shards or gear, they have to add each individual piece of gear manually. If they take this approach and try to remove gear, crystals and shards from each character one at a time, it is going to take them years.
  • Options
    I love the fact that they said, “do not use this bug”. Yea that’s gonna stop em CG
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It hurts no one? Spending 60,000 GET currency only to have others get a Malak for free hurts no one? Then lead by example and sacrifice your next 60,000 GET tokens.

You got malak months sooner than you would otherwise. How's that any different than characters being in the shop and then later becoming farmable?

depends on how much sooner. For me it wouldn't have made a difference since i unlocked malak when he was released and i was able to take him to 7* directly with hoarded GET1.
    However, if you've just recently farmed malak to 7* with GET1 it would have been much, much better to just leave malak at 5* a bit longer and save the currency to buy gear and/or general skywalker. That's a no brainer.
    edit: You've got to realize that who already had a 7* malak basically bought 2k shardshop currency for 60k GET1 + the duration of having a 7* instead of a 5*. Surely you can understand that's not a good deal if said duration is relatively short.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    It hurts no one? Spending 60,000 GET currency only to have others get a Malak for free hurts no one? Then lead by example and sacrifice your next 60,000 GET tokens.

You got malak months sooner than you would otherwise. How's that any different than characters being in the shop and then later becoming farmable?

depends on how much sooner. For me it wouldn't have made a difference since i unlocked malak when he was released and i was able to take him to 7* directly with hoarded GET1.
    However, if you've just recently farmed malak to 7* with GET1 it would have been much, much better to just leave malak at 5* a bit longer and save the currency to buy gear and/or general skywalker. That's a no brainer.

That’s only good if you knew this would happen. Too bad we don’t have time travel. Lol
  • Options
    No one in my guild quit. Where are these numbers on who left due to relics and G13. It would be interesting to see.
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • Paleon
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You made your money. Let us finish the event. People have spent money due to this Malak glitch. Let us have ONE day to try to get the shards and at midnight flip it back to normal. THAT'S FAIR.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

That’s only good if you knew this would happen. Too bad we don’t have time travel. Lol

it wasn't supposed to happen, so all the more reason to not let people keep the shards as it was impossible to plan for as well.
  • Options
    I did get the extra shards thought it might have been a catch up event. I mean no way they screw up that big i said. So i got him to 7 star and bought the packs they had up figured they where just trying to sell those packs. I bit and did it and i will seriously charge back all of those today if they roll this back. As i feel suckered for making the purchase and getting nothing in return, and yes i will quit as well just so i don't have to deal with that in the future.
  • Options
    You made your money. Let us finish the event. People have spent money due to this Malak glitch. Let us have ONE day to try to get the shards and at midnight flip it back to normal. THAT'S FAIR.
  • Options
    No one in my guild quit. Where are these numbers on who left due to relics and G13. It would be interesting to see.

Relics really did drive a lot of people off. “Everyone” is obviously a huge exaggeration. The auction was averaging something like 1-2 listings a day and it blew up to nearly 100 in a 2 week span after relics were released.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Yah if they don't remove the shards then I'd be pretty angry at this point. I have a 6* Malak and missed out on the chance to play the event before they shut it down, so spending another 40K Get1 vs just replaying the event would make me turn to the dark side.

Very good point as well.
  • Options
    A roleback really? i spend 6 hour success the lightside part. I should do it again.
    @CG don't be skinflint
  • Options
    qbbed9ay5yv0.gif
  • Options

edit: You've got to realize that who already had a 7* malak basically bought 2k shardshop currency for 60k GET1 + the duration of having a 7* instead of a 5*. Surely you can understand that's not a good deal if said duration is relatively short.

I agree that if they did something like this on purpose, it should be announced ahead of time. But since when does cg do that?

The list is just reasons why I thought cg might do this on purpose.

The bottom part is my opinion on what they should do. I think they should have let the evemt ride so everyone got the shards if they could beat it again. That would habe bern more fair than canceling it.

As for spending get a day before, that is no different than spending crystals for shards and then having it farmable the next day. Yeah it sucks but you pay for getting things earlier.

• kasfunatu
    71 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I like Ahnald's solution.

It's the simplest; would buoy up the community; and if the game is dying: why should they care about some free pixels during the death throws (which I hope that it isn't).

1) Refund any GET spent on Darth Malak
    2) Refund any GET spent on General Skywalker
    3) Convert any unlocked Darth Malak to 7*
    4) Convert any unlocked General Skywalker to 7*
    5) These two events, and future events of their type, should be the source of 7* reward

Yes, this will influx the GET of several people; but they want to reduce the gear crunch, right?

I don't really believe this will happen; but it would be cleanest, simplest, give to the community and win a lot of good will.