Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Just spend 6hour to success lightside part for the first time a'd now a roll back? No thanks
  • Options
    I thought they were doing something cool. I should have known better. Abusive relationships don't work like that.
  • Sebiwane
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Entus wrote: »
    Sebiwane wrote: »
    honnesty i'm curious to see how they are going to do. Many players including me where saving gears to put malak g13 as soon as it was 7 star. and i did spend some crystal to make it G13 R4.
    in between i've made other change on character and set my defense on GA so just roling back the account is not an option.

they would have to remove all the item i put on malak including relic and then give them back.

but what about players who turn shards into shart shop currency and spent them?

they will have some hard time roling this back

Its very easy. They take snapshots of everyonee inventory every few seconds. They would simply roll your inventory back to what it was prior to the event. Easy fix. As far as spending money on crystals, theyd have to handle that on a case by case basis.

Folks dont seem to relaize this is a very, very simple fix. They will have it fixed and rolled back before then end of the day.

ahaha you made my day
  • Options
    If they do a rollback they better refund the money I used to get malak to g12+. It’s only reason I spent the money. Not to have parts for others but him. If they don’t I’m done with their garbage game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    It hurts no one? Spending 60,000 GET currency only to have others get a Malak for free hurts no one? Then lead by example and sacrifice your next 60,000 GET tokens.

You got malak months sooner than you would otherwise. How's that any different than characters being in the shop and then later becoming farmable?

depends on how much sooner. For me it wouldn't have made a difference since i unlocked malak when he was released and i was able to take him to 7* directly with hoarded GET1.
    However, if you've just recently farmed malak to 7* with GET1 it would have been much, much better to just leave malak at 5* a bit longer and save the currency to buy gear and/or general skywalker. That's a no brainer.
    edit: You've got to realize that who already had a 7* malak basically bought 2k shardshop currency for 60k GET1 + the duration of having a 7* instead of a 5*. Surely you can understand that's not a good deal if said duration is relatively short.

I agree that if they did something like this on purpose, it should be announced ahead of time. But since when does cg do that?

The list is just reasons why I thought cg might do this on purpose.

The bottom part is my opinion on what they should do. I think they should have let the evemt ride so everyone got the shards if they could beat it again. That would habe bern more fair than canceling it.

As for spending get a day before, that is no different than spending crystals for shards and then having it farmable the next day. Yeah it sucks but you pay for getting things earlier.

i highly doubt you'd feel the same way if you just finished malak last month.
    As for when does ea/cg announce ahead of time, with characters/ships via the release cadence. Coincedentilly exactly the example you're using to justify your way of thinking.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    also dont retake the sith raid items just cause I used 7* malak on it :)))
  • Options
    Lol man I hope cg puts Entus in for the employee of the year award. Talk about going above and beyond. I see no other reason why someone get so **** at players who say they've had enough of getting screwed over. Personally I'm tired of not making noise when I fart, I'm so happy this **** day helped kick me of the addiction! Thx Entus.. Err I mean CG 😉
  • Options

q31u4p3k5clx.jpg
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Jesus this thread has blown up....

I know, right? I replayed the DS battle at 7:30am, saw that it actually awarded shards and immediately went to the forums - it was on page 4 then :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I was 95 of 100 for 7 star malak after the last TB. And 13 (thirteen) get1 from 1900. And then the Malak event.

I got my 75 malak shards **** that i wasted all that GET1, 7 starred my malak immediately 12 geared him, cashed in the 70 malak shards for currency and used that currency to 11 gear amadalla....
    .how can all that be reversed wothout screwing something up. IE loss of gear somewhere.

• Options
    Key note: A rollback gets unlikelier by the minute. All the gear/gains and activity occurring for users since this event happened makes a targeted inventory and gear rollback more and more devastating.
  • Options
    Nice that CG communicates so well also. Other than the 2 posts which give no info, they've been silent. Maybe a post just saying "Whoops, we screwed up, sorry about that. We're trying to fix this in a way that does not destroy the game" would be nice.
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Nice that CG communicates so well also. Other than the 2 posts which give no info, they've been silent. Maybe a post just saying "Whoops, we screwed up, sorry about that. We're trying to fix this in a way that does not destroy the game" would be nice.

They said they are going to take the shards back. What else would you like them to say at this point? It's been a few hours. It took weeks (months?) for them to work out the Sith Assassin refund.
  • Options

What else would you like them to say at this point?

Its literally stated in my post.
  • Options
    So they messed up big time!

Is it any of the players fault? No

They gave us a freebie by mistake and they should have to suck up the cost and say ok we messed up, wasn’t your fault so we won’t punish, cruelly tease you in anyway due to own incompetence? Don’t they test stuff before releasing?

Everyone that got the shards because of the devs error should be allowed to keep them. No one loses from F2P to whale. More people get Malak to 7* those that already have got extra shard shop currency to spend on gear. So everyone wins except devs and that’s their own fault
  • Options
    CLS wrote: »
    Let everyone keep their shards. And for the others who have him at 7* give them the equivalent of 185 shards in GET currency. It’s the only way this is going to satisfy the community. Well most of it that is. Can’t make everyone happy but at least make most of us.

Honestly, this makes the most sense and is probably easiest from CG's standpoint. People who had Malak at 7* just got 2,250 in free shard shop currency (which is basically a free carbanti+). People who had him unlocked but at less than 7* topped him off. People who hadn't unlocked him get a chance in a day or two whenever they re-release the event. That would probably annoy/offend/upset the fewest number of players and still not be an immense man power issue for CG.

And all of that is probably why they won't do it that way. Makes too much sense. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No, everyone who spent 60k GET on malak loses. So we should spend 4 months worth of GET and you get for free, that’s not how it works. They need to roll it back
  • Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    So they messed up big time!

Is it any of the players fault? No

They gave us a freebie by mistake and they should have to suck up the cost and say ok we messed up, wasn’t your fault so we won’t punish, cruelly tease you in anyway due to own incompetence? Don’t they test stuff before releasing?

Everyone that got the shards because of the devs error should be allowed to keep them. No one loses from F2P to whale. More people get Malak to 7* those that already have got extra shard shop currency to spend on gear. So everyone wins except devs and that’s their own fault

P.S. if they take back shards what happens to people that spent extra crystals/gear to get the extra shards or used GET1 resources on other gear instead of Malak shards? Or used the additional shard shop currency to purchase gear pieces?
  • Options
    And even for future characters...
    It's better to replay the event to have extra shards and use the tokens on gears ...
    It reduces the gear crunch and brings content to the game..
  • Options
    What if they give giant GET refund instead, which will cause GAC to flood with 7* GAS... That'll be a hoot and a half.
  • Options
    No, everyone who spent 60k GET on malak loses. So we should spend 4 months worth of GET and you get for free, that’s not how it works. They need to roll it back

Then CG should go back through all that data and refund everyone that spent GET 1 for Malak’s shards.

• Options
    >finally unlock 5* Malak, ready to farm his shards with my meager stock of 21K GET1
    >hear whispers from guild members that the event is giving out shards
    >think to myself "That's a nice feature, it'll help with the shard farm for players and hopefully alleviate the GET1 currency crunch"
    >feeling good
    >get on the forums
    >mfw this thread
    >mfw it's not a feature, it's a bug
    >mfw no matter how CG tries to fix this people will complain

paym94wy9tlp.gif
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Options
    Take a snapshot of all existing Malaks before the event.
    I assume they have a way to find out who did the event and received shard rewards since it came live.
    Anyone who currently has naked characters to complete the Malak event (17500-6x6E pieces or above GP) and did not complete either side of the event gets awarded the missing shards (75 or 150 if they didn’t complete one or two) event is closed but everyone who could have mathematically qualified, succeeds.
    Those who had Malak above 5* 35/85, will get GET1 at the rate of 1900/5 pt difference.

So, if your Malak was 6*, 30/100, you get 80*1900/5 GET1 which is the investment CG rendered null by the mistake.

While some people could have already used their stored GET1 on GAS, it makes sense that the extra GET would be beneficial even to those at the top of the spear.

This seems fair, balanced, and independent of what people did AFTER the fact.
  • Options

If you play event again you get shard shop currency so you receive some benefit, wasn’t the player community’s fault this happened, surely fairer way would be give accounts with 7* Malak some GET currency as compensation for their error? That way no one in community pays for devs error?

Be just as easy to do that as a hotfix
  • Options
    Let's face it: the real issue is that the money grab on characters you unlock at 5 stars and still have to farm for months is just a terrible thing. Forcing people to hoard resources because you don't know how they will mess you up next is just doodoo. As we are seeing right now, it backfired. Badly. Will they get the responsibility for their mistakes and relieve the whole grind a little bit? I highly doubt it. The whales will be happy if they roll everything back and strip away those shards from everyone who got them, less ugly maxed malaks to destroy their useless 5-6* GS.