PLEASE don't put Malevolence in GET2 store

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    GET1 had Hermit Yoda and Wampa. We had to choose between the two. Both were good

When GET2 came out and Negotiator was there, I assumed we'd get a second option there soon. I also assume both will be good.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »

Didn't Wampa and Hermit Yoda get released together at the same time?

This one they didn't. It's not really a choice unless you hoarded.

No they weren't. HY was released with LSHoth, and Wampa was released with DSHoth. But I still don't think it was the same, since GET1 was much easier to acquire than GET2 is now. Not only was the Hoth reward pure GET1 (rather than being split), they soon added TW and HSTR as additional sources of GET1.

My hope is that they add more sources of GET2, by adding it to the TW/HSTR prize or introducing a new raid. That may be a naive hope, but they did do it for GET1.

Another reason it's not the same is that while HY and Wampa were good characters, they were not meta defining. Different story with powerful capital ships. That said, it's really not a big problem unless one ship is clearly better. If they can beat each other, or if rebels can beat seps, then it's fine. I'm only complaining because I want both for TB/TW/GA.

They have confirmed a new raid next spring. It will probably have GET2 in the prize box, like STR has GET1. Hopefully also signal data.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Valariel wrote: »
    By saying "it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator", you ignoring those that saved up for Malevolence, what about their investment ? Screw it, just because you (and others) have Negotiator and want Malevolence right now without spending GET2, sorry that not how any of this works.

First, hoarding an unspent resource is not an investment.

Of course it is. I've invested in the future by holding the required currency. As soon as it drops I can unlock, if I want (hint: I won't, because it might not be better than Negotiator). I also have all the prestige I need to instantly max.

And, again, as has been pointed out, this was extremely obvious. We knew Malevolence was coming. We knew we were getting another GET2 farm. Not sure why people get all uppity about things they knew were going to happen.

Wrong, you have not invested it. If CG said we are giving everyone a 7* Malevolence out of the goodness of our hearts (not saying they will, just giving you a hypothetical) you could still use that GET2 for the Negotiator because it is not yet invested.

Once it is spent, that is the investment. By keeping money in your checking account, you are not investing, you are saving. By buying a stock and riding the ups and downs of it, you are investing in that stock.

No, I have 100% invested in the future of my game by not jumping at the new shiny. Just because you're mad that you invested in Negotiator and now can't invest in Malevolence, doesn't mean I've not invested mine by leaving them in savings.

I'm not mad at anything, I have not invested in the Negotiator. But you are still wrong, you are saving, not investing.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    By saying "it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator", you ignoring those that saved up for Malevolence, what about their investment ? Screw it, just because you (and others) have Negotiator and want Malevolence right now without spending GET2, sorry that not how any of this works.

Of course it is. I've invested in the future by holding the required currency. As soon as it drops I can unlock, if I want (hint: I won't, because it might not be better than Negotiator). I also have all the prestige I need to instantly max.

And, again, as has been pointed out, this was extremely obvious. We knew Malevolence was coming. We knew we were getting another GET2 farm. Not sure why people get all uppity about things they knew were going to happen.

Wrong, you have not invested it. If CG said we are giving everyone a 7* Malevolence out of the goodness of our hearts (not saying they will, just giving you a hypothetical) you could still use that GET2 for the Negotiator because it is not yet invested.

Once it is spent, that is the investment. By keeping money in your checking account, you are not investing, you are saving. By buying a stock and riding the ups and downs of it, you are investing in that stock.

No, I have 100% invested in the future of my game by not jumping at the new shiny. Just because you're mad that you invested in Negotiator and now can't invest in Malevolence, doesn't mean I've not invested mine by leaving them in savings.

I'm not mad at anything, I have not invested in the Negotiator. But you are still wrong, you are saving, not investing.

No, I am investing in my future.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

I agree with StarSon here. I think it's fair to call it an investment because he's foregoing having the Negotiator now (which he has said he could have already unlocked) to see how the Malevolence plays out. Meanwhile, I'm sure his fleet arena is filled with Negotiators and that has made his climb even more difficult. He's choosing to not have the competitive edge now to potentially have it later.
  • Options
    He better has the r 7 geos and a ship that is not even farmable right now aswell

Chances are that it won't be so much better than negotiator if you don't have the pilots for the ships geared

And going all in on geos won't do much for his squad arena
    While kenobi anakin ahsoka are even viable vs general Skywalker

In the end you guys can argue as much as you want but cg wins no matter what
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »

I agree with StarSon here. I think it's fair to call it an investment because he's foregoing having the Negotiator now (which he has said he could have already unlocked) to see how the Malevolence plays out. Meanwhile, I'm sure his fleet arena is filled with Negotiators and that has made his climb even more difficult. He's choosing to not have the competitive edge now to potentially have it later.

I see. So he can only use it for the Malevolence? Or could he still invest it in the Negotiator at a later date?

Not investing in a specific thing =/= investing in the future. If you are not investing in Apple stock right now and leaving the money in your savings account to maybe buy some other stock down the road, does that mean you are investing in your future by default? Or is that just called saving?

in·vest
    /inˈvest/
    verb
    expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.

save
    /sāv/
    verb
    keep and store up (something, especially money) for future use.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

I see. So he can only use it for the Malevolence? Or could he still invest it in the Negotiator at a later date?

Not investing in a specific thing =/= investing in the future. If you are not investing in Apple stock right now and leaving the money in your savings account to maybe buy some other stock down the road, does that mean you are investing in your future by default? Or is that just called saving?

in·vest
    /inˈvest/
    verb
    expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.

save
    /sāv/
    verb
    keep and store up (something, especially money) for future use.

Oh, so you're THAT type of guy
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options

If you are not investing in Apple stock right now and leaving the money in your savings account to maybe buy some other stock down the road, does that mean you are investing in your future by default? Or is that just called saving?

It's not the stockmarket. If there were a place to deposit my GET2 and get a return, I would. That does not exist. You must take the context into account when trying to argue semantics, because sure, in your stock example, it's not investing. But in my example, I am investing in my game's future.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

If you are not investing in Apple stock right now and leaving the money in your savings account to maybe buy some other stock down the road, does that mean you are investing in your future by default? Or is that just called saving?

It's not the stockmarket. If there were a place to deposit my GET2 and get a return, I would. That does not exist. You must take the context into account when trying to argue semantics, because sure, in your stock example, it's not investing. But in my example, I am investing in my game's future.

Shh.... he think the only thing you can "invest" is money. You apparently can't invest your time and effort. Also, opportunity cost isn't a thing either. We're wrong. Mr. Patronizing Dictionary is correct.
  • Options

Shh.... he think the only thing you can "invest" is money. You apparently can't invest your time and effort. Also, opportunity cost isn't a thing either. We're wrong. Mr. Patronizing Dictionary is correct.

Haha, agree to disagree. OP is the only one who actually invested his GET2 and StarSon called him out on it. GET2 is in-game currency and OP spent it.

StarSon is saving his in-game currency for something to invest in later.
  • Options
    Something was always going to be released with GET2 for the LS TB for Geonosis, that was a given. At this point, there are only four Separatist ships, with one yet to be farmable. So you will probably need to farm multiple ships to make the new capital ship work. Additionally, you can almost guarantee a special mission in the new TB that will require the Negotiator. That means you will need at either 6* or 7* depending on which phase the mission is in. Nothing is being wasted at this point.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Haha, agree to disagree. OP is the only one who actually invested his GET2 and StarSon called him out on it. GET2 is in-game currency and OP spent it.

StarSon is saving his in-game currency for something to invest in later.

I agree to agree to disagree :smile:

I just know that I, personally, have also not spent any GET2 assuming the Malevolence would be in that store. It's affected my ability to climb in fleet arena since there are several very strong Negotiators there and my rebels don't always succeed against them. And we may find out that the Malevolence will be good, but not better than Negotiators. Whenever Malevolence comes out, I'm still going to hold my GET2 until we see some more testing and feedback from the community.
  • Options

You were hedging your bets.

You were saving up GET2.

You were NOT investing LOL

You accuse others of paying semantics. I'd advise you to actually read the definition of investment that he wrote.

You're twisting it to conform to your argument.

Which you don't have to do.

It already stood firm with them able to put whatever they want in the GEt store. Period. And people should have been hip to the fact that this was going to happen.
  • Options
    Putting the Malevolence in the GET 2 store this soon after Negotiator was introduced would be a HUGE mistake. If the Malevolence is better, it will nullify the investment so many of us have put into your shiny new Negotiator. Most people who do have it only have it at 5 stars so far. This will anger a large fraction of the player base.

RESPECT THE INVESTMENTS OF YOUR PLAYERS!

CG reading the forum's posts:

giphy.gif

• Options
    I hope they do, I'll get it immediately if they do because I thought they might so I saved my currency
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they do, I'll get it immediately if they do because I thought they might so I saved my currency

They already said they will.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see the difference between when they introduced hermit yoda to get1 and then wampa when dshoth followed...im sure both capital ships will have usage whether in arena, the fleet raid they mentioned or geotb

Well, the difference is the amount of currency we get. While the shard price is the same, we get about as much relevant GET. And not only do we need it for the capital ships, but we need it the old stuff for the Epics as well.

Honestly, the real issue is that for some reason this game gives you less rewards for doing new content. There really is zero reason that getting 26*+ in Geo should net you half the GET1 you got for doing 40*+ in Hoth.
  • Options
    Since the player base is complaining that Malevolence needs GET2

They may do us a solid, and move it to GET instead

Lol...

• Options
    Reading people saying that saving GET isnt investment was fun especially how some of you get either defensive and/or cite definition of "investment". Let me cite one as well "In an economic sense, an investment is the acquisition of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth." Are we not acquiring GET2 currnecy to use it in the future to get Malevolence (or some other thing).
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    you know there going to, to belive otherwise is foolish

TopHat went on a podcast last Friday and confirmed it.
  • Options
    @OP You literally just outlined exactly why CG WILL put Malevolence in the GETII store. Have they respected any of your investments lately?

P.S., this is why I didn't spring for Negotiator. Gives me a huge boost towards Malevolence.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    1. This wasn’t a surprise, agree that it was expected
    2. We had a long bottleneck for Thrawns cap too. Some used it in the Arena at 5 stars, others waited - same thing that is going on with Negotiator.
    3. No one has a 7 star negotiator. Some will continue on that road, others will go whole hog on the malevelance - we won’t know for sure which will have the most staying power for awhile. My guess is that GR ships are stronger at this point but another droid or two later will change things.
    4. I have no problems with a couple seemingly really good capital ships having their star count slowed. All of the capital ships were introduced with a mechanism that slowed starring.
    5. It would be nice if the resistance and first order capital ships dropped soon - giving us 4 somewhat unproven caps, and providing the player base with a lot of paths to take.
    6. LS TB could have a negotiator requirement...a lot of guilds May pressure folks to unlock it instead of malevelance! That’s exciting drama!
  • Options
    I hoarded mk2 for malevolence. It was pretty obvious to me they'd go in this direction, and I'm a sep fanboy.

I wouldn't stress if you're maxing out your GR fleet though. If i was a betting man id say that even if sep fleet is eventually better it'll:

A) take a while before you see maxed sep fleets on your shard (there's not even enough sep ships yet and doubtful bugs will be the bread and butter for grievous fleet)

B) be likely negotiator will be able to compete gear for gear (at least be able to win on attack).
  • Options
    I’m farming the negotiator all the way to 7* then I will work on malovence. I’m sure everyone is going to do this any way which ever way.

I like the negotiator because it will help/be a req in lstb. Mal will help too but I’m almost at 5* with wat and will need to rebalance for lstb.