No rewards TW non-participation

Prev13
Itsatrap826
9 posts Member
edited November 2019
bsg80hdzoivq.png
I thought this was just for GA, which I understand, but for TW CG makes the matchups and when you have consistent matchups where your guild is overmatched by 20 million GP because the other guild sandbagged this hardly seems fair. For one, when you have all 50 join and there are only 23 squads needed per zone, not everyone will have to set defenses. For two, when you’re that overmatched and you go up against 2 front zones that are nearly impossible for your guild to get through without using everything you got it hardly seems worth attacking.

Come up with a better matchmaking algorithm to prevent sandbagging before you start punishing players for your shortcomings. It’s not hard. Base matchmaking on total guild GP regardless of how many join or base it on avg gp of those that do and then keep the defensive zone requirements the same for 50 members. Penalize the guilds that don’t have everyone join; don’t give them the advantage over those that do.

Replies

• Options
    Here's an idea before fixing the matchmaking: if you want rewards, do something for them.
  • Options
    Yeah, if you want rewards you need to participate. Setting a def takes approximately 5 seconds, and everyone in a guild should be doing so.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    No banners, no rewards. It's how it has always been.
  • Options
    Couldn’t disagree more. Our guild regularly has members with over 3 mil gp set 1 team or none on defense, and then never attack. But we can’t cut them because recruitment is so pitiful lately. The sandbagging thing is a non issue as it’s impossible to prove, and you’d only be punishing the people who actually play the event.
  • Options
    your guild is overmatched by 20 million GP because the other guild sandbagged this hardly seems fair.

Apathy isn't sandbagging.
  • Options
    That’s **** and you know it. We don’t get the opponent until after the join period. The second you see you’re 20 mil behind in gp, you know it’s a lost cause, so there’s no point in even attacking. Especially if the front zones contain squads you can’t beat.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here's an idea before fixing the matchmaking: if you want rewards, do something for them.
    Freeloading is a skill and needs to be rewarded
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The second you see you’re 20 mil behind in gp, you know it’s a lost cause, so there’s no point in even attacking. Especially if the front zones contain squads you can’t beat.

1) We've regularly beat 20m GP over ours, so no.
    2) You need points to get rewards, so no.
    3) How did you get 1100 points without breaking through a zone?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    That’s **** and you know it. We don’t get the opponent until after the join period. The second you see you’re 20 mil behind in gp, you know it’s a lost cause, so there’s no point in even attacking. Especially if the front zones contain squads you can’t beat.

Well, considering your guild got enough banners to make it through teams in the front wall, this is still entirely on you for giving up on your guildmates and not attacking. If you honestly cannot beat a single front wall team, nor have the time to set defense, it might be time to find a more casual or lower level guild.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Ninja'd!

(explodingfirearm.gif)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I’ve never even heard one member in our guild mention how much gp the opponent has. I doubt anyone even bothers to look at it. We win 19 times out of 20 because we have good strategy and participation. Sounds like you have a bunch of quitters in your guild, who won’t even try.
  • Options

It's actually not 4 stars; and I do know it. We regularly have 5-10 (anywhere from 20-50M GP) people not sign up due to apathy. Lots of people just don't like the game mode, and our guild doesn't require participation in TW.

• StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    No banners, no rewards. It's how it has always been.

Not quite true. You can get rewards wither zero banners, but it requires that you do an offense battle.
  • Options
    Defenses take 5 seconds yes. But when you have 50 join and can only set 23 per zone because the other squad sandbagged, not everyone gets to set a D. Once they’re full, they’re full.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Well there is a point in attacking, if you didn't set a defense - to make sure you get some rewards. And if you set no defense, you have all your teams available, and really ought to be able to beat something.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Defenses take 5 seconds yes. But when you have 50 join and can only set 23 per zone because the other squad sandbagged, not everyone gets to set a D. Once they’re full, they’re full.

If you can't be bothered to get online during two separate 24 hour periods to do *something*, that's on you, not the game.
  • Options
    If you can't be bothered to get online during two separate 24 hour periods to do *something*, that's on you, not the game.[/quote]

Got on to set D. Full. Got on to attack. No point. Fully cleared defense and the guild struggled mightily attacking the 2 front zones. No chance of winning. So, yes, apathy had set in after months and months of TW’s where we’ve constantly been up against guilds 20-25 mil gp above ours because of guilds sandbagging. Yes it’s a thing. Yes it’s easily provable. And yes it needs to be fixed. First time I’ve ever had a 0 banner in TW, so I didn’t realize it was a thing if it had been. Just remember reading about it recently for GA, so thought it was new. If I had known it was a thing I would’ve thrown a team in to lose, but it hardly seems like a thing that should be done for TW as there is a matchmaking issue.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    If you can't be bothered to get online during two separate 24 hour periods to do *something*, that's on you, not the game.

Got on to set D. Full. Got on to attack. No point. Fully cleared defense and the guild struggled mightily attacking the 2 front zones. No chance of winning. So, yes, apathy had set in after months and months of TW’s where we’ve constantly been up against guilds 20-25 mil gp above ours because of guilds sandbagging. Yes it’s a thing. Yes it’s easily provable. And yes it needs to be fixed. First time I’ve ever had a 0 banner in TW, so I didn’t realize it was a thing if it had been. Just remember reading about it recently for GA, so thought it was new. If I had known it was a thing I would’ve thrown a team in to lose, but it hardly seems like a thing that should be done for TW as there is a matchmaking issue.

Its there to prevent people like yourself from signing up and not doing anything from getting rewards. You did nothing to deserve rewards.
  • Options

Its there to prevent people like yourself from signing up and not doing anything from getting rewards. You did nothing to deserve rewards.

If the guild decides to remove a member for not helping and just collecting rewards that should be the guilds decision, not CG. Our members have plenty of other things to do in game other than participating in a lost cause. If we decide it’s not worth our time attacking after seeing the opponent, that’s our prerogative.
  • Options
    Participate, muggle. You’re the type of guildee your officers are discussing replacements for.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Options
    How long did the guild wait before all defenses were fully set? I know my guild overfills if someone doesn’t set their defense in the last hour. Did nobody ping you to set your defense?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The second you see you’re 20 mil behind in gp, you know it’s a lost cause, so there’s no point in even attacking. Especially if the front zones contain squads you can’t beat.

1) We've regularly beat 20m GP over ours, so no.
    2) You need points to get rewards, so no.
    3) How did you get 1100 points without breaking through a zone?

l72l5u47iwly.jpeg

Guess who won. We did (Swamp Paddlers). 14,295 to 11,706.

Of course we would have lost if half our guild didn’t attack. But they did because we’re not quitters. And now I’ve had an 7 zeta day.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

If the guild decides to remove a member for not helping and just collecting rewards that should be the guilds decision, not CG. Our members have plenty of other things to do in game other than participating in a lost cause. If we decide it’s not worth our time attacking after seeing the opponent, that’s our prerogative.

It's absolutely CG's prerogative to decide that somebody who doesn't participate in an event in any way whatsoever shouldn't receive rewards for that event.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

It's absolutely CG's prerogative to decide that somebody who doesn't participate in an event in any way whatsoever shouldn't receive rewards for that event.

But I hit the join button, and logged in long enough to determine my guild didn't need my help. Where are my rewards??
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

1. Yes, MM should be fixed
    2. MM will not be fixed
    3. you could have attacked any team at all, and win or lose you would have gotten rewards

I get CG is bad at things, but you can't blame your own inability to participate on them.
  • Options

[/quote]
    Your guild has poor leadership.

If there are 23 slots per zone that is 230 teams to set. Your claim that not all 50 members will get to set one is absolute nonsense.

In our guild (217M GP) where TW is optional we have 2 rules
    - nobody signs up if they can’t contribute to attack phase
    - We absolutely never go into attack phase without everybody who signed up setting at least one defence.

Your guild appear to be allowing people to break rule 1 repeatedly. That’s poor leadership. You also appear to have no control over the defence setting. That’s poor leadership.

As for blaming the matchmaking for all defeats, sooner or later your guild will get drawn against a guild below you in GP. And, assuming they bother themselves to try when they are the underdog, they will absolutely destroy your guild who have poor leadership and are out of practice taking on enemy teams.
  • Options
    For guilds that fill all d fast and steamroll their opponents in a few hours this could be an issue, I've seen all defenses filled within a few hours and same can be said for clearing.

we have been outmatched before and they cleared all areas in about 4 hours when facing a guild full of 5 and 6m gp accounts. If someone didnt get to set a d or attack in those small windows they should still get a reward.

If you full clear everyone should get a reward even if they did nothing...

If you dont full clear then everyone has 24 hours to participate so the current system works.
  • Options
    Again, though, what kind of guild is filling the board in a few hours without coordination and communication? Not one full of 5M and 6M accounts, I can guarantee you that.