The Road Ahead - 11/20/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Soooo, if I understand… people will be able to just level cap to 85 and unlock stuff for free ??

You can pay to unlock all characters and jump to level 85 and looks like enough gear to push then forward

I’m guessing players will go from 0 to 2.5 or 3 million GP?

That would be great and awful at the same time but I suppose a whales gonna whale either way.
  • Options
    The new Player Toll Road ahead post..... @CG_SBCrumb can we get the name updated please
  • Options
    ah yes, the Road Ahead, which everyone* clamors for then yells about because "there's nothing new." Just like every other road ahead. Can't wait for (whenever these things are due to come out) so I can hear "Hey, where's our road ahead!!??!?!!??"

The most disappointing thing is that yet again no one read the release and thought "Might be smart to put a "FO" in front of 'sith trooper'" smh.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Are you guys seriously leaving the Clone Wars era without having done a Mace Windu rework? You continue to disappoint. Instead of giving something the entire community has been asking for, for years, we are getting this Journey Guide? Thanks for nothing.
    Really a rework/touch up or something is in order for the entire jedi counsel.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    So crumb ignored all of the mace post and commented on Sith trooper to say he has sweet red armor? For real?

I don't have any update from my post yesterday. There are no plans for Mace a rework at this time

Well this Clone Wars content has just been an absolute failure. We've been waiting years for a Mace Windu rework and now was the time for it! Maybe you can add more meditating 5* Anakin Skywalker's in the future and get excited by people experimenting with the only 5 clone troopers in the game!

Useless!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    DarthPhaco wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No new content??? No new raid? Just a bundle and a guide to journey events that you can find on any website? CG spent all their time screwing around with Malakgate and angering the entire community. Now, they have no new content to release and instead will offer an overpriced bundle that will have slicing mats and relic stuff for $999.99

Well actually:

LSTB - new content in two weeks.

Raid - already discussed that it's targeted for early next year.

What else were you expecting?

More than just a bundle.

Read the post again.

You must have missed the part about the bundle. Learn reading comprehension.

Well actually I didn't. It's not the only thing in the post. And thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    So crumb ignored all of the mace post and commented on Sith trooper to say he has sweet red armor? For real?

I don't have any update from my post yesterday. There are no plans for Mace a rework at this time

I cant fathom how you can go through Clone Wars content, and NOT rework Mace....

The dude could be a legendary character and no one would question it. Meanwhile he’s just about the worst character in the game. I leveled him from 8 to 12+ after the initial post the other day only to realize after the edit I wasted all that gear.
  • Options

I cant fathom how you can go through Clone Wars content, and NOT rework Mace....

The dude could be a legendary character and no one would question it. Meanwhile he’s just about the worst character in the game. I leveled him from 8 to 12+ after the initial post the other day only to realize after the edit I wasted all that gear.

you could always ask for a refund
  • Options
    Who xares about the BUNDLE??
    Where is the new content? Why are the bugs still mot fixed? Why is tb postponed for 2nd time? Are you guys serious or just crazy on a shroom shake? Road ahead is writing about NOTHING!
    Loosing more and more dedicated old players and selling stuff to new players? For what? Where is the playable new content? Annoicing the movie and content around it and no words whatsoever about anything else... shame on u.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    No new content??? No new raid? Just a bundle and a guide to journey events that you can find on any website? CG spent all their time screwing around with Malakgate and angering the entire community. Now, they have no new content to release and instead will offer an overpriced bundle that will have slicing mats and relic stuff for $999.99

Well actually:

More than just a bundle.

It is more than a bundle, it is a way to help keep newer players focused and engaged. More focused and engaged players equal a stronger game. It's good news in the long run. I know, someone will come along and poo poo my positivity.

Boomers feel attacked by the incoming zoomer community
  • Options

Not sure it's a complete waste. I'd be surprised if the Endurance didn't end up being needed for something in LS GeoTB. And in the positive side, Mace is a very easy gear.
  • Options

yea I put all the g12+ pieces on him too :neutral:
  • Options
    What is wrong with you guys???
    I understand that you need to make money but you are skipping the most enjoyable part of the game. The most fun I had in this game was while trying to reach the max level not just jumping straight to it. If you want more players release more characters more game modes not more packs.
    And please for the love of all that's dear to you ($$$$$?? ) rework mace
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They said there are more toons they can’t announce

Expect a journey or legendary in the quarter too which they can’t reveal yet

I wouldn’t expect either until early next year after the movie has been out a month plus.
  • Options
    "Be as strong as 3 and 4 year players?" C'mon, that's pure hyperbole. It'll probably be characters, not even fully 7* but 5* (or even 3* if they want to make the pack a ripoff) that are required for OLD characters like BB8, JTR, CLS, Thrawn, Palpatine, etc. very old characters that are not in the meta, that new players don't have the time and resources to even chase right now if they join the game. When new players join they pretty much have to follow the most efficient path in order to have squad and fleet arena viable teams, and getting things for raids and TW and GAC has to go on the back burner while they chase the same current meta characters you chase in order to try and be relevent, and completely skip all the older but still useful teams like Imperial Troopers, CLS, Sith Triumverate, JTR, First Order, Nightsisters, etc.
    A new player is pretty much advised right now to rush unlocking Jedi Knight Revan when they start, maybe Phoenix-> Thrawn then Jedi Knight Revan, then Darth Revan, then Malak. That may soon change with General Skywalker to trying to rush the characters needed to unlock General Skywalker. You don't have the time to go back and unlock, much less develop older teams.
    I've been playing for less than a year and my friends gave me the OLD path that they went through the game doing, Phoenix, Thrawn, Palpatine, CLS, and I haven't done the Revans or Malak because of it (and now it just feels too late to start on those characters, they're already in their sunset as the meta with Skyguy being the new thing), and it has led to frustration and wanting to quit the game because I have not chased a current meta. No new player should do what I did. Realize that arena shards are against people who started around the same time as you so no you're not "just as good as 3-4 year players" but rather they're having to sacrifice to stay arena viable against other people that started at the same time as them and will never have the roster depth veteran players have, even if the game goes another 3-4 years they probably won't have those old teams you have that are still useful for GAC and TW and Raids.
    Realize that people get into this game at this point because their friends are already playing it, and have been playing it for years before they got on board. Those new player friends will want to play WITH their friends, in the same guild, doing the same raids, doing the same TB's and TW's, but as a new player and I feel this every single day and put way too much stress and pressure on myself because of it, we feel like we're a waste of a guild slot because we don't have the roster depth to help out in TB and TW, we don't have the squads to really contribute to raids. I'm somewhat lucky the game basically threw nightsisters at me and I decided to heavily develop them so that I could do well in the raid so I don't feel like quite such a drag on the guild like I don't belong there (I'm still under the minimum requirements for the guild and am only there because friends of mine are in it).
    If you told me I'd have to play the game solo by myself or in beginner player guilds for 2-3 years before I'd be able to play with my friends, I'd have never started playing the game or have quit by now.
    The game needs new players and it will get them when the new movie releases, moves like the Journey Guide and the Pack (and remember, the pack is not "free" It's going to be pricey, and not as much as you think will be in it) will retain new players. The pack could also be a way for people who have started in the last year or two to maybe get some of those older squads that right now we look at our plans and think "I'm never going to get a rebels team" or "I'll never get imperial troopers" because we just can't. Not if we want to stay arena viable. Only other way around it is to WHALE HARD.
  • Options

Well actually:

More than just a bundle.

It is more than a bundle, it is a way to help keep newer players focused and engaged. More focused and engaged players equal a stronger game. It's good news in the long run. I know, someone will come along and poo poo my positivity.

It is not more than a bundle. It’s literally called the Hyperdrive BUNDLE. It lets people skip ahead. And honestly, I’m fine with it. I just want some new content. And a Mace rework.
  • Options
    Jedi Rey Hero Journey confirmed ! Units required : Hyperdrive Bundle.
  • Options

I geared my mace just cuz I need the endurance for g$ lol
  • Options
    Could we just sim HAAT??? (and maybe Sith Raid too) I'd consider that a win at this point, especially after the no rework Mace fiasco...
  • Options

Well actually:

More than just a bundle.

Allowing new players to buy their way past the early levels isn't going to create focus and engagement. It's going to create players who are frustrated because they've bought their way to level 85 content without actually learning how to play the game. It's strictly a short-term gain for the game.
  • Options
    So in other words, new F2Ps can go force themselves. All new
    sho wrote: »
    Who xares about the BUNDLE??
    Where is the new content? Why are the bugs still mot fixed? Why is tb postponed for 2nd time? Are you guys serious or just crazy on a shroom shake? Road ahead is writing about NOTHING!
    Loosing more and more dedicated old players and selling stuff to new players? For what? Where is the playable new content? Annoicing the movie and content around it and no words whatsoever about anything else... shame on u.

Old players are quitting anyway at some point. Releasing enough new content to keep them occupied (especially older whales and krakens who already have everything) takes a lot more effort than trying to attract new whales with a pack that will instantly open up arena and propel them to the top of their shard.

Imagine having all nodes unlocked *and* being able to borrow g13, r7 characters who can solo any node in the game. Nodes with content like Bossk and Hound's Tooth, which will also open up the fleet table despite the lack of an ally option in fleet. New players will be faced with the choice to either buy this pack or go play MSF or something. Unless the pack is prohibitively expensive, F2P is over.

• Options
    Was I the only one that pressed ctrl+f and typed "mace" when I clicked on the original Road Ahead post by TopHat? lol
  • Options
    Is this road ahead blog an out of season April fools joke?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I can't wait to read complaints about the very generous anniversary gift.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The anniversary rewards look really good! Going to be able to 7* malak now after this weeks TB with the 10 free shards :smile:
  • Options
    This road ahead was a bit of a let down. Just a mega pack and an event guide. I like TB but that's about the only thing that offers quite a bit of gameplay if you do all missions.
  • Options

Well actually:

More than just a bundle.

Yeah because it will be so good for the game when some people just buy their way up with a single pack, search earlier for the "real" guilds after moving from the starter guilds, but then lack the experience needed to be accepted... while the majority of new players probably gets scared away even more by knowing they can never compete, no matter how focused they play from the beginning... 🙄
  • Options
    In the road ahead, you'll see...stuff. We promise it's cool. Oh, and new players get to catch up.
    Cool, thanks.
  • Options
    Wow the answer to the game has too big of a wall to join as a new player is to make a bundle to buy....

lol if its over $30 you are seriously hurting your game.

My bet is its about $300 or more
  • Options
    Why is this a focus? Or, even a thing. I know the relationship with game changers has eroded, but they still provide the best guides for new ayers.

And do new players prefer reading or watching and listening?

If you were to include a sandbox for new players and old to try them out, then i'd be pumpped.

But its not. And im not. A journey guide? We have those already... Sigh...