Heroes Holiday!

Replies

• Options
    Let him come..!
  • Options
    Shadowguru wrote: »
    Ok so not to be a downer but I expected more... not in the rewards area I'm happy with 10 shards of a very good character. I'm just sad that it's just added on to an event that already exists.
    If u wanted it to be a battle against Boba how about a totally new event where her has a mass amount of health and appears on stage one with some others once u drop him below 25% he leaves. At the round 2 he reappears with that damage and once he drops to half health he leaves and on the final area he in only at half health but with some kind of buff on him.
    That's just off the top of my head but I like this game alot and want to see more inventive ways to do holiday/special events not just what we already do.

Like a community super boss raid? I've already seen this on plenty of games like this on mobile lol shouldn't be too hard to put into the game, but my guess it would still be under challenges, it'll j I st be called something like "Super Boba Fett" or "Special holiday boss" but anyways yes good idea!
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but... How do you know which game accounts are tied to forum accounts? I don't remember an option to tie the two together. How will you know how the community did and how will you know who to reward in-game?
  • Options
    Hi great competition, but lacks some information:
    What makes a player 'eligible' and how do we tell if we are?
    What threshold has to be met and how are we progressing towards it?

Without this information the 'win' could be arbitrarily set by EA regardless of how much, and which, players play.

I am now level 50 and play all daily missions every day, but I don't know if my play is contributing or if I am eligible.

Secondly, could we have more to buy with the in game currency thanks. I have 1.3 million after buying everything and this goes up daily.

Being able to buy shards, ability materials, crystals, more shipments or even sim tickets would be excellent & make this a more balanced resource in the game.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

Glad that most of you are excited about receiving 10 Rey shards! She's a pretty awesome character to have on your team ;)

To answer a couple of questions I saw:

1) Any tier of this challenge counts towards the goal, even tier 1!
    2) We don't track by forum accounts for progress towards the goal, only in game accounts.
    3) All players who are at the level to take part in the challenge will be receiving 10 shards for Rey...if the community completes the challenge that is ;)
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    So by community, you don't mean the forum? Do you mean everyone who has started the game and progressed to a certain level?
  • Options
    Correct, not the forum, just everyone who plays the game and has reached the level to unlock challenges.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The event reads "All eligible players must defeat Boba Fett in the Training Droid Challenge an average of two times per day". From experience, how often have any of you seen a large community, as a whole, reliably log in and do something 3 times in one week? Especially during a holiday week when many people are with family, traveling, on vacation?
    I'd be surprised if the average was even one per day. I'm not trying to be a downer, but the people who post on the forum are always the most enthusiastic. Tons of people are not going to bother with this. (Many won't even know about it.)
    Shouldn't this be announced in the newsletter in-game?
    Jesse, is this all that is happening this week? No update, packages, sales, anything?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Everyone,
    You get a limited number of COMPLETIONS on the events, NOT ATTEMPTS! You have nothing to lose by attempting the hardest one and failing. You only get charged if you win.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Jesse, am I reading this right... "As a community, all players must..." And "If this is done enough times..." I take this to mean that literally ALL players must defeat Boba during the holidays, and otherwise no shards will be rewarded?

Would really appreciate if you'd confirm this or maybe clarify the OP if I got it wrong. :)
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    The challenge will be under "Events & Challenges" on Monday, Thursday and Sunday.

Some people don't read lol
  • Options
    Oh darn I said a potty word and got a warning too bad ea can't handle adult words.
  • Options
    If you all are worried about everyone doing the challenge enough then go ahead and do the max number of times, which is 5. That'll cover you and someone else who might not do the challenge that day :)

For those that don't check the forums, there was a newsletter in game, as well as a pop up message for it.
  • Options
    I just welcome the chance to play.

Should be fun.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Okay I see the newsletter now, for some reason they aren't shown in date order so I didn't see it.
    Still don't think that "do the same thing you were going to do anyway because you need droids and hope others do too" is much of an event. Sorry. :/
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    10 Rey shards.... I'm actually happy about that seeing how I get only about 1 per day.

Additional Rey shards can be obtain on 4-C of the Squad Cantina.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks EA Excited for the extra added bonus.

Personally, I would like to receive more of the Hexagon Ability Shards as they have been hard to come by and they cannot be purchased in the Shipment section of the Squad Cantina.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the bonus challenge! While it isn't much, any bonuses are certainly welcome! Jesse, Would there be any chance of also having some great Holiday sales on things? I think that would be a win-win situation for both customers and for your team. :smiley:
  • Options
    I agree with those saying this just seems lazy. If they want to call it a holiday gift of 10 Rey shards, thats fine, but to call this a holiday event is a joke.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    If you all are worried about everyone doing the challenge enough then go ahead and do the max number of times, which is 5. That'll cover you and someone else who might not do the challenge that day :)

For those that don't check the forums, there was a newsletter in game, as well as a pop up message for it.

The max for Training Droid, Credits, and Abilities Mats is actually 3, not 5? It is the tank, attacker, support that is 5.
  • Options
    Correct, 3 times! My mistake there.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Jesse, can you confirm or deny whether there will be any packages or sales forthcoming between now and the end of the year? I want an excuse to give you guys my money. :)
  • onlythearoon
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've finished the challenge 3 times
    When do I get the shard? Immediately or at the end of the day? Coz I haven't got any
  • Options
    Shards will be awarded at the end of the Heroes Holiday event, which is the first week in January.

@Qeltar there are no sales between now and the end of the year that I am aware of.
  • Options
    Not bad but if this is all you're doing im a bit underwhelmed
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answer Jesse. I won't shoot the messenger.. though that's kinda disappointing. :/ Oh well.
  • Options
    Great Idea, how can we sign up for this?

The posting here links to a website for more details, while the website links back to the forum for more details.

So here I my questions:

- How do we sign up for the Heroes Holiday?
    - How can we see how much progress we have made so far?
    - Do we need a Google Play account to participate?
    - When it says "community", who is it? Me and my allies? Everyone here in the forum? All players on my server, meaning: Everyone who appears on the same Leaderboard? Or is it everyone who has ever downloaded the game?

In the latter case I doubt it is doable, unless you raise the limit on how many times the Boba Fett challenge can be played. The current limit is pretty close to the target, so we would need 2/3 of all players who have ever downloaded the game to defeat Boba Fett three times a day to make up for the 1/3 of people who have downloaded the game but don't play these day, or have given up on the game.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Pretty sure they stated all players that are eligible for the droid challenge. Which is level? 16 maybe? I forget. I am guessing there are a lot of inactive accounts that are high enough for the challenge.
  • Options
    EliasLund wrote: »

So here I my questions:

- How do we sign up for the Heroes Holiday?
    - How can we see how much progress we have made so far?
    - Do we need a Google Play account to participate?
    - When it says "community", who is it? Me and my allies? Everyone here in the forum? All players on my server, meaning: Everyone who appears on the same Leaderboard? Or is it everyone who has ever downloaded the game?

1) No sign up needed, just be sure to defeat Boba Fett on the days the Droid Challenge is available.
    2) As of right now there isn't a way for you to see how much progress has been made.
    3) The account you play on is all you need to participate. HOWEVER, I highly recommend you tie your game account to a Google Play account, it's the best way to keep your progress safe.
    4) The community is everyone, all players of the game!
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Breetai wrote: »
    10 Rey shards.... I'm actually happy about that seeing how I get only about 1 per day.

Additional Rey shards can be obtain on 4-C of the Squad Cantina.

Incorrect. 4c is Kylo Ren. Rey on Light hard 2a.