Hux - So do I get my zeta back now that you are changing the kit after it's WAI?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    What CG could do, in an ideal world (aka my dreams), is make these zetas that affect specific teams limited to higher stars and gear. For example, the zeta in question here could be walled behind g12 and 7 stars. This is similar to Zombie's revive (g10 lock), ship reinforcement abilities (5 star) and capital ship abilities (locked at 5, 6 and 7 stars.)

This forces investment in a toon while still permitting creativity and it does not completely negate investment in other Epic toons.

That would require them to actually test the character and understand how he will interact on different teams, which they don’t have any interest in doing.

I did qualify my statement with "in an ideal world" to be fair. Nevertheless, an option that I would beg consideration of.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    So, just to be clear, Hux the character they released along with a statement claiming "there's a ton of space for theory crafting" and who "plays similar to Thrawn" (a popular 'plug-n-play' character) is now being made into the same old boring one-faction, no theory-crafting, not plug-n-play character as every other boring character, wow, thanks a lot CG, you really know how to kill game enthusiasm dead!!
    P.S. For those unaware of how @cg_sbcrumb described Hux on release:
    3av5q8vbsq0e.png
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    So, just to be clear, Hux the character they released along with a statement claiming "there's a ton of space for theory crafting" and who "plays similar to Thrawn" (a popular 'plug-n-play' character) is now being made into the same old boring one-faction, no theory-crafting, not plug-n-play character as every other boring character, wow, thanks a lot CG, you really know how to kill game enthusiasm dead!!
    P.S. For those unaware of how @cg_sbcrumb described Hux on release:
    3av5q8vbsq0e.png

Hate CG
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb I think I'm done with this game. I have a 5M GP account and have been playing daily for over three years. I got General Skywalker when he first came out. I still don't have him all the way to 7 stars because you LIED to the community. You specifically said that you wouldn't be putting any more toons in the GET Store. You specifically said that the GET Store was meant to alleviate the gear crunch that you simultaneously said would be relaxed a bit with the introduction of Kryotech. Of course that's the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you did. Kyrotech is just another (even more onerous) gear crunch on top of the existing gear crunch we already have for every character. You then added relics to the game almost immediately after introducing G13. Why? You're just milking the whales at this point.

If you had no GET saved after getting GAS, you'd be where I am--at 40/100 on taking him to 7 stars. Because you did an awful job with light-side Geonosis TB, we will receive even less GET than we were accumulating before the botched release of LS GEO TB, so it will take even longer to bring GAS to R7, where he is actually useful. Then, you do something I think is actually kind of clever--you release a toon that is exactly what you said he was: plug and play. Hux is useful precisely because he's plug and play. You knew what his kit did when you described him as being 'like Grand Admiral Thrawn' who is still one of the most versatile characters in the game precisely because you gave him a particularly powerful skill. Hux has utility in a lot of teams, not just Sith Empire. Your proposed rework of Hux makes him useless. I don't just want my zeta back. I want ALL OF MY GEAR returned. I would NEVER and have never geared a 3-star toon. You guys have made all characters below 7-star totally worthless. This is by design. I bought the Hyperdrive bundle to gear Hux to g12 only because he allowed me to (inconsistently) beat some GAS teams in my arena shard. That's $100 you got from me that you wouldn't have otherwise. That's borderline stealing. If you're not refunding my money, then you better refund my gear so I can use it on a toon that is actually useful. Return my gear and I'll drop him to G1. That's how useless you're making him until he's 7stars, and even then, I probably won't gear him.

This is the last straw for me and I know A LOT of other players who (like me) have dropped $1000s on this game over the years. There is A LOT of talk about quitting amongst the whales. You guys are ruining this game just in time for the last movie. Bravo!
  • Options
    Did they have to change his Lead as well? That feels like salting the wounds. And we thought Hux and Sith trooper would bridge the gap of FO and Sith. So much for using anything other than one type.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    I def think that everyone who geared him should get everything back.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    the worst is when people think they’re more clever than other people and think they can use clever phrases to fool them all the while knowing they’re tricking them.. yet not fooling anybody. this would be the devs i’m referring to in this case.
  • Options
    Let's not forget this:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220799/gearing-general-hux-questions

No plans to change the kit at this time. So people geared him.
  • Options
    Why must characters be stuck with their own factions? It’s really boring when teams come premade, with so few possible variations. The best recent meta has been when DR was released, but pre-Malak. We had people trying out all kinds of teams, it was possible to have a top 10 with no repeat teams.

“We want to boost FO, but that boost must only be for FO” is not the way to have diversity, it never works out that way, the team doesn’t become good enough to be used anywhere outside of fodder in TW/GA where winning or losing doesn’t even matter, and is just a waste of time for both designers and players.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Let's not forget this:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220799/gearing-general-hux-questions

Yes I quoted that exact post with the post they made five days later saying that they were changing his kit when I reported a 'Problem' to the Google play store.

Absurd. Now if I could just get the 11 gear levels back from him that I invested after their flagrant false promise not to change his kit.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb I think I'm done with this game. I have a 5M GP account and have been playing daily for over three years. I got General Skywalker when he first came out. I still don't have him all the way to 7 stars because you LIED to the community. You specifically said that you wouldn't be putting any more toons in the GET Store.

Untrue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Let's not forget this:

Yes I quoted that exact post with the post they made five days later saying that they were changing his kit when I reported a 'Problem' to the Google play store.

Absurd. Now if I could just get the 11 gear levels back from him that I invested after their flagrant false promise not to change his kit.

If you would have actually read the post you would have know that the door was still open for a change since this was focused on his gear requirements (bolded the important bits):

After today's change for General Hux, several players have messaged us asking if there are any more updates coming to his kit. We have no plans at this time to change his kit, specifically we aren't going to add a 7 star requirement for Hux's G12 gear. This is of course with the usual caveat that we may change kits if we find bugs, infinite loops, unhealthy gameplay, etc. I hope this helps clears up any confusion.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    STOP FORCING US TO USE FIVE OF THE SAME FACTION.

You bragged about Hux being plug and play like Grand Admiral Thrawn, but now you can't use him in the same team as Grand Admiral Thrawn and 3 other first order toons.

This is just stupid.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Back to prescribed teams with no variation. They might as well release a list of acceptable teams, ban everything else and be done with it.
  • Options
    @Mbernst1220 LOL Nobody ask you to do so. You deserved it for spending so much in a flaw game.
  • Options
    Hahaha i love it:) So they encouraged us to do some theory crafting with their new plug-n-play character with obvious synergies vs current meta. So we geared him up, zetaed him and now they limit his use to FO only. This is hilarious :D
    I was thinking.. how come these people still have their jobs. But i realized that this is the way to make more money. Well done CG:)
  • Options
    Oh cool another useless toon ! I am happy to see him sitting on the bench like all the other LOL

I am glad I didnt spend a dime on this one (and all the future ones)
  • Options
    So can I also get my money back that I have spent on the bundle? If I buy a car and they suddenly change the engine I would return it too
  • Options
    I don't have an issue if they want to change it. No problem. Change the Zeta(I think it's a mistake) but if they sold investment under a pretense and they immediately change that pretense, it's like selling a Ferrari and then putting a minivan engine into it. I fully support the Zeta refund in this instance.
  • Options
    can't wait for swgoh2
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    not sure why they couldn't have just buffed UP instead of wrecking hux
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure why they couldn't have just buffed UP instead of wrecking hux

To be fair, the power creep needs to slow down, but their response to Hux's kit (That by the way was as clear as day to someone who has played this game AT ALL) is downright pathetic. At least refund those people you duped into thinking Hux could be a new, different thrawn.
  • Options
    Yep I want my zeta back
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Bartek wrote: »
    Hahaha i love it:) So they encouraged us to do some theory crafting with their new plug-n-play character with obvious synergies vs current meta. So we geared him up, zetaed him and now they limit his use to FO only. This is hilarious :D
    I was thinking.. how come these people still have their jobs. But i realized that this is the way to make more money. Well done CG:)

This is their way of saying hey we dont test anything here is this new toon go ahead and theory craft him and let us know what u find. His kit is really good so people will spend a lot on him.

Once people have spent enough on him and theory crafted teams then they nerf him and count the money

They didnt even say thanks for being a game tester....
  • Options
    I think they did test him .
    The reason why I say this is
    1. He was plug and play like they stated. He would work in any team line up .
    2. His kit actually worked like it was written.

The only reason why his kit is being fixed because of " unintended interactions " spenders crying that a 3 star character was making it to easy to take down the General skywalker teams that they paid for
  • Options
    I don't mind his leadership being faction-locked, that makes some sense...

Changing the unique doesn't make sense to me at all, because if you use him outside of first order teams you sacrifice functionality of other abilities, so it's already a very tactical decision with big trade offs.

it's important to note that to make this decision in grand arena denies you a reasonably good first order leadership, so you sacrifice other areas of your campaign

Also, think it fits Hux's character to do what he has to do to get to the top of the ladder, even reluctantly working with people he'd rather not work with. (Like he does in the films, e.g.. kylo)

I genuinely hope they reverse the decision on the unique as it adds a nice tactical twist to future GAC, and because it's been a while since we had a semi-plug-and-play character.

I miss the early days of the game where characters weren't so faction locked :(
  • Options

I genuinely hope they reverse the decision on the unique as it adds a nice tactical twist to future GAC, and because it's been a while since we had a semi-plug-and-play character.

I miss the early days of the game where characters weren't so faction locked :(

Yeah, exactly, and that's why Thrawn is such a widely geared and popular in-game character even so long after his release: because of that plug-n-play nature to parts of his kit. It is laughably incompetent by CG to release Hux clearly stating he was intented to play similar to Thrawn and encouraging plenty of theory-crafting, and then with literally the first theory-crafted team the community comes up with they go and take back ALL of that kit freedom.
    Players want to put together fun squads, not "5 of this faction, 5 of that faction, blah blah, repeat"