Options
    I'd be fine with getting 1/3 of a shard per attempt
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I'd be fine with getting 1/3 of a shard per attempt

Brilliant, then we’d need 1000 partial shards to 7* a character 😁

1000 x .33 = 330, regardless of whether .33 is the drop rate for a whole shard or the percentage of a shard you get from a sim....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    player perception is likely the sole reason for implementing a droprate instead of just 100% drops (and nodes costing 3 times as much). It increases playerenjoyment in one way or another, or rage spending.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I find it ridiculous that cg takes the shak ti shards out of store nearer the event start for gas so that you have to try and buy crystals (or use up stock if you have enough) to buy those gamble packs where most of the time it rewards 5 shards, or spend £19.99 for 15 shards... yet when the event was not in the list you was putting shak ti shards in the stores. 3-4 days now no shak ti shards in store, absolute con. If I miss getting gas this time round so be it, but it’s not just coincidence that the shards disappear from normal stores when event is in events list. I’ve spoken to a few people and they’ve had the same with similar events, they pull the shards from stores and try selling packs. I know it’s a business but at least make it slightly fair and put the shards in the normal stores
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I find it ridiculous that cg takes the shak ti shards out of store nearer the event start for gas so that you have to try and buy crystals (or use up stock if you have enough) to buy those gamble packs where most of the time it rewards 5 shards, or spend £19.99 for 15 shards... yet when the event was not in the list you was putting shak ti shards in the stores. 3-4 days now no shak ti shards in store, absolute con. If I miss getting gas this time round so be it, but it’s not just coincidence that the shards disappear from normal stores when event is in events list. I’ve spoken to a few people and they’ve had the same with similar events, they pull the shards from stores and try selling packs. I know it’s a business but at least make it slightly fair and put the shards in the normal stores

OR DO THEY
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve spoken to a few people and they’ve had the same with similar events, they pull the shards from stores and try selling packs.

This is a perfect example of "anecdotal."

It's also wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I’ve spoken to a few people and they’ve had the same with similar events, they pull the shards from stores and try selling packs.

It's also wrong.

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that... but it’s what I’m experiencing and what others I’ve spoke to have also experienced
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

It's also wrong.

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that... but it’s what I’m experiencing and what others I’ve spoke to have also experienced

This is still the perfect example of anecdotal.

Your experience, and that of others you've spoken to, is nothing more than RNG.
  • Options
    You know what I am sick of? Players making up stuff on the forums.

No you did not only get 8 shards in 150 attempts. It simply didn't happen the way you say. We are talking 1 in 6 Quadrillion to get 8 or less shards in 150 attempts. Next time you want to make up something at least try to be more realistic.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

OR DO THEY

I know this is the new CGDF catchphrase, but shouldn’t it have a question mark?

Or should it
  • Options

It's also wrong.

As always... you have no thought process other than “I’m right and your wrong” I assume you get updates when someone posts something on forums so you can straight away disagree with anything they say. I’ll wait for the “no your wrong” response
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

It's also wrong.

As always... you have no thought process other than “I’m right and your wrong” I assume you get updates when someone posts something on forums so you can straight away disagree with anything they say. I’ll wait for the “no your wrong” response

The devs have stated in Q&A that they don't do things like this.

If you think they're lying, ok. But your claim is baseless without data, of which you have none. It's 100% anecdotal. Sorry you disagree with that, but it doesn't make you right.
  • Hell8MySoul
    209 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

It's also wrong.

If you think they're lying, ok. But your claim is baseless without data, of which you have none. It's 100% anecdotal. Sorry you disagree with that, but it doesn't make you right.

And your evidence for them not doing this is them saying it in a q&a?
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

It's also wrong.

And your evidence for them saying they don’t do this is them saying it in a q&a?

I mean, also because I see shards show up in the stores during events, even have bought some myself.

So now who's right?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

It's also wrong.

Look at it like this, he's coaching you to make a better, more compelling argument. Obviously anecdotal evidence isn't going to persuade anyone who doesn't share your opinion, so you got to do better than that.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

It's also wrong.

And your evidence for them saying they don’t do this is them saying it in a q&a?

I mean, also because I see shards show up in the stores during events, even have bought some myself.

So now who's right?

I’m not disagreeing with you on whether what hell8mysoul is wrong, but technically all you have is anecdotal evidence as well. The devs saying something in a Q&A is not independent data.

They’ve done this exact type of thing in other games they’ve developed, so definitely have the capability. Whether what they say in a Q&A is honest or not I think is very much debatable.

Ok but I've seen the shards in the store during events myself. I'll bet you anything if you watch the store you'll see it too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

It's also wrong.

So now who's right?

I’m not disagreeing with you on whether what hell8mysoul is wrong, but technically all you have is anecdotal evidence as well. The devs saying something in a Q&A is not independent data.

They’ve done this exact type of thing in other games they’ve developed, so definitely have the capability. Whether what they say in a Q&A is honest or not I think is very much debatable.

Is there any proof that they've done this exact type of things in other games they've developed?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

It's also wrong.

So now who's right?

Anecdotal 😀
  • Options
    I’ll wait for the “no your wrong” response

No, You're wrong.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

It's also wrong.

So now who's right?

Is there any proof that they've done this exact type of things in other games they've developed?

Yep, openly written about, can find it with some simple google searches.

To be fair, I’m talking about EA, not sure if I recall CG specifically doing it in any games they’ve developed.

Not trying to be an ... here, but you've got to be more specific. What are we talking about here and who is writing about it openly?
  • Ultra
    11519 posts Moderator
    Options
    She showed up in shipments 6 hours ago for me
  • Options
    What (many) people want isn't true randomness, but randomness skewed to match our expectations. The Gambler's Fallacy (which many of us instinctively subscribe to) states that "dry spells" portend a higher likelihood of the anticipated event (black's come up 5 times in a row now, red must be due).

It would be possible to construct an RNG that took this into account, tracked prior results, and skewed the results in favor of the less frequently experienced event, but that would require a lot of state (data to track), some tricky programming to ensure fortunate events don't get out of control, not to mention some somewhat tricky programming to track each of the possible results from highly variable packs (like Chromium packs), and some understanding of what players are actually expecting in order to skew the results back toward the mean for items they are seeking.

Interestingly, the above is also true (in reverse) if programmers wanted to skew results away from the expected norm when approaching desired milestones (as many anecdotally report).

No, it's far more likely that programmers just use a decent PRNG with all of its frustrating (and sometime exhilarating) properties. We all rage at dry spells, and accept a fortunate event or run as "our due" and get on with it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    She showed up in shipments 6 hours ago for me

Doesn't count, you've already unlocked GAS.