So much for the GL requirements

Prev13
Peperlu
125 posts Member
edited March 2020
Major edit: well, one thing is sure, I definitely wrote the OP while under frustration and even if I think my point is still totally valid.. I can admit it was on a bad tone :p

So I won't reply to this post anymore, there's no point in losing any more time to argue for common sense anyway! :neutral:

Some ppl pointed out good points, like Poe that could be release on more than a single node to compensate the late release. Something I totally missed out while under my berserker rage :D
So despite their very bad communicating skills overall, I still hope this is gonna be the case to make things fair for everyone, no matter what their choice was.

@Kyno while I didn't answer your last question, I edited the title to remove the "honesty" part, just for you! :p
Post edited by Peperlu on

Replies

• Options
    Did anyone force you to gear a set of characters before kits are revealed, or the complete list of requirements are announced at least?

Accept the consequences of your actions, you really can't blame anyone but yourself.
  • Options
    I think you’re forgetting that Raddus was available before finalizer. This just evens it out. FO had a head start on hux and sith trooper, you had a head start on Raddus and not to mention I don’t see any FO characters needed for GL Rey. So I’d say Resistance actually got the sweeter end of the deal.
  • Options
    I think you’re forgetting that Raddus was available before finalizer. This just evens it out. FO had a head start on hux and sith trooper, you had a head start on Raddus and not to mention I don’t see any FO characters needed for GL Rey. So I’d say Resistance actually got the sweeter end of the deal.

Raddus obly need 5* and unlocked at 4
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options

Here is a bit of math.

Finalizer unlock four star plus 3x event. You will be, for free, at 30/65. You will need to buy four refresh of the events to get the fourty shards missing at 1000 for 10 shards = 4,000 crystals.

Resistance Poe is now missing 280 shards at 80 crystals per shards = 22,400 crystals.

Now you think people that went for FO are at a disadvantage? Can you explain your reasoning please?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Was the release cadence altered for Hero Poe?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I guess that many already had resistance at a higher level because of hsith, so they made it easier to get FO.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    https://swgohevents.com/marquee

Doesn’t seem like it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    As for the title, can you please link a post where they said it would be equal, or any reference as to what was dishonest or event misleading?
  • Options
    I mean, are you telling me you are all set and everything is done farming completely except for resistance hero Poe? I feel like since this is a very long term end game farm, this is a minor gripe. Not to mention, if you simply followed the release cadence of the normal rollout for marquee characters, the result here is very deterministic.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Taking everyone to the required relics will take so long that the difference won't matter much in the end. Besides, crystal shipments are an accessible way of farming even for ftp, if you place well in at least one arena.
  • Options
    I'm not usually a CG-supporting person, but can we please not panic until the event drops? With one refresh you can farm 3 shards/day average on the two FO and HFinn. If they release HPoe on cantina, you can easily farm 3-4x that with 3 refreshes. If you need 250 shards for the first situation you are looking at 80-90 days, while a cantina farm can be done in like 30.

As an additional bonus, CG messes with our relic farming. Expect Poe on a cantina node shortly.
  • Options
    Did I miss something? Are the events live yet? No? Then what are you talking about again?
  • Options
    So you made a decision without all the facts and expect CG to compensate you? Hilarious. They should compensate everyone who ever lost a GAC without checking opponent mods as well I suppose?

If you didn't think RHP was going to be required, I don't really know what to tell you. If you geared toons up knowing RHP was going to be required and now you're complaining about him not being farmable, I don't know what to tell you.

And the fact that the above lines of though lack even the most basic logic possible yet calling CG "not smart" is just.... yeah.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Peperlu wrote: »
    So CG, how do you intend to compensate most players that went for GL Rey mainly because of the TB Geo LS and that are now screwed big time, having a required toon we can't farm at all at the moment?

I think I cracked the case!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    As for the title, can you please link a post where they said it would be equal, or any reference as to what was dishonest or event misleading?

Even though it doesn't bother me about RH Poe and I planned on buying him from shipments anyway. They kinda did say it would be equal.

lcx1kbc3wvs4.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223511/content-update-01-29-2020#latest
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    and?
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    and?

And what? Kyno asked a question and I answered.
  • Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    and?

You didn't answer anything. You posted a response that admits "the requirements are not the same". They stated an equal level of "effort". Effort =/= resources invested or panic farming. Each has similar requirements; that's what they stated they were shooting for, and that's what they've done.
  • Options
    and?

You didn't answer anything. You posted a response that admits "the requirements are not the same". They stated an equal level of "effort". Effort =/= resources invested or panic farming. Each has similar requirements; that's what they stated they were shooting for, and that's what they've done.

Um ok
  • Options
    and?

Except the effort to farm RH Poe, a toon that was only just released into the crystal shops and chromium packs, is far greater than any other FO required toon. So that doesn’t necessarily bleed equal effort
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    and?

Except the effort to farm RH Poe, a toon that was only just released into the crystal shops and chromium packs, is far greater than any other FO required toon. So that doesn’t necessarily bleed equal effort

Really? It's going to take significantly more in game energy to farm RHP than any FO toon? Source please?

No, it won't. The effort is the same. Resources to get RHP to 7* and geared quickly will be high but they didn't promise equal resource investment.

Unless you think "average veteran player" equates to "our biggest spenders who want everything now", but that would require data.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Doesn’t seem like it

It wasn't altered, but it was missed. Nothing stopping them from altering it at this point, but if they leave it, Poe won't be farmable until 2-4 weeks after the events launch.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    and?

Um ok
  • Options
    Peperlu wrote: »
    So CG, how do you intend to compensate most players that went for GL Rey mainly because of the TB Geo LS and that are now screwed big time, having a required toon we can't farm at all at the moment?
    While on the other hand, everyone who went for the GL Kylo already have an automatic major advantage, with everything that's required being already farmable since a long time?

(CG obviously have no clue what I'm talking about, so I better name it or they probly won't understand: RESISTANCE POE!!!)

How can you push out such a major event in which we have to make a choice AND not be smart enough to put both sides on an equal level?? We already got to farm Hero Finn way later than Hux and ST and we were already at a disavantage and now this… I mean seriously?? You got us used to bad decisions here and there since forever, and on a pretty regular basis! But this… this is quite a new level of poor logic!!

If you wanted to force an extra paywall on us with Resistance Poe, that would sucks, but it's your right, but why not do it for both sides then?! That's so completely stupid...

Now please, tell me the whole team was on drugs and this is a mistake...

I assume your looking for a more sophisticated answer then.

TO PART U WITH YOUR CASH
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Doesn’t seem like it

It wasn't altered, but it was missed. Nothing stopping them from altering it at this point, but if they leave it, Poe won't be farmable until 2-4 weeks after the events launch.

Wait, what was missed? Based on the established cadence for Marquees, RH Poe was not expected to hit a farmable node until April. We knew this timeline when the character was released.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry... this is ridiculous.

The event is always available and persistent, the event will need multiple clears of each phase with tickets being gathered for each phase to attempt each clear.

I think its safe to say that unless you're spending a LOT, you're not going to unlock anyone on day one. So by the time you've unlocked the first phase, farmed tickets, beaten phase 1 the max number of times, done the same for phase 2 and phase 3, you'll have had time to farm and finish gearing RH poe to be ready to earn tickets for phase 4.

They've been pretty clear to me. These are LONG TERM goals for VETERAN players. Not long term goals for new players. Impossible goals for new players (unless whales) and long term for experienced veterans.

So let's stop with all the hyperbole and panic hysteria. Theres enough of that going around about Corona virus. Let's just enjoy our game that might be the only thing left when everyone is quarantined. ;)
  • Options
    You miss a point. You cannot enter any phase of the event before unlock the event. To unlock you need ALL required toons at the required relict level.