Galactic Legends Criticism [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    How many game modes/features have they cancelled so far? From selling gear in the beginning, to Tournaments, flash events, etc. I don't think they cancelled them on a whim. It was due to feedback from someone...
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    110 energy got 5 tickets, need 15 to have a shot at 10 shards need 330 shards.... CG you took the fun out of whaling.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    How many game modes/features have they cancelled so far? From selling gear in the beginning, to Tournaments, flash events, etc. I don't think they cancelled them on a whim. It was due to feedback from someone...

Also the adjustments to HAAT, HSTR and I believe Yoda event too. Complaining might have only minuscule chance of accomplishing anything, but not complaining has no chance at all.
  • Options

the feedback, as pertaining to those things, was obviously: "But wait we are giving them rewards?"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

the feedback, as pertaining to those things, was obviously: "But wait we are giving them rewards?"

Nope. It was mostly because of the time commitment, requiring ridiculous amount of battles or being online at specific times. Also, the reward structure for tournaments was dumb.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG clearly hears the criticism and they need to fix it immediately and respond to the community, or don’t fix it and respond to the community. Either way, CG needs to respond to the community.
    They did this knowing full well how it was going to be received, and how much of a grind it is

They didn’t come up with this idea without testing or trying it out yesterday

You know me man I will grind for this for this just like a lot of us will; but dont you feel that after 4 months the event should be...better? (not talking about the requirements, tix system, or any of that)
    I think the first two tiers are alright, the duel is awful and I haven’t played the last 3 tiers to form an opinion on the event as a whole

I’m not a fan of the ticket system and I think the event needs to be considered as a whole. It’s very monetized as opposed to using GET1 to promote a toon to 7*
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Does anyone know the name of the genius at CG that decided all these requirements were a good idea???

Online games change I get that and I’ve played online games since 2001 but I’ve never seen a game change so radically.

I thought the whole Revan debacle was crazy. I thought getting Malek was hard. Getting Anakin Skywalker was also kind of a pain...those were all doable. But this is road CG has decided to take going forward is another level of crazy.

Crazy on steroids. When you think about the requirements of needing 24 toons to get 2 really strong toons...it seems really absurd.

For the longest time I put off quitting the game to hold out for Jedi Luke, now I don’t see myself even staying around long enough to deal with the tediousness of what getting Jedi Luke is gonna require.

This is a phone game. A cheap little phone game with mediocre graphics.

If I wanted to play something tedious I would play a mmorpg.

This is just my opinion...but CG, whoever decided this was a good idea is a dolt!!
  • Options
    This event is just...yikes lol. I’m so glad I didn’t chase after them lol.

Watching the streams and seeing the drop rates, and now how the event was designed and played out...woof. Imagine touting the amazing art work and event for 4 months and delivering this lol.

Not to mention the massive power leap of these characters once they’re geared up. Which that will also take forever given each GL requires 700 kyro’s, 400 stun guns, 350 carbantis, and then some more....oh man this is just...yikes. But it’s ok, they’re relieving that gear crunch haha
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Nope. It was mostly because of the time commitment, requiring ridiculous amount of battles or being online at specific times. Also, the reward structure for tournaments was dumb.

And none of these have any relation to GLs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

And none of these have any relation to GLs.

neither does game modes/featured that have been cancelled, so...?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Let's face it, the administration of the game is pathetic.

- Event of the galactic legends is a joke of bad taste.
    - Absurd Requirements
    - Creation of new events and stopped Raids
    - Old bugs walk around like that of the sisters on the P3 of the sith raid that when killing a saber and reliving on the basis of Talzin the game freezes.
    - TW bonuses are gone.
    -TB geonosis Light side absurdly difficult.
    - Quality improvements such as allowing TW and TB conferences
    - They managed to make the initial load screen worse by reducing the size of the letters for no reason.

The relevant positive facts were to end the hackgate, throwing the data of public battles and the creation of Hiperdrive.

I thought the biggest mistake in the game was that pathetic vote to take the characters out of TW, but Capital Games always outperforms themselves.

Mr. Mark Dickenson, show something concrete that is done for the fans or resign and take your entire team along. The negative balance of its management is enormous.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I imagine the same thing will happen that always happens: everyone will complain, a lot, and then go ahead and do the grind anyway because they don't want to quit this supposedly-terrible game.

Supposedly?

Yes.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    camper288 wrote: »
    - Event of the galactic legends is a joke of bad taste.
    - Absurd Requirements
    - Creation of new events and stopped Raids
    - Old bugs walk around like that of the sisters on the P3 of the sith raid that when killing a saber and reliving on the basis of Talzin the game freezes.
    - TW bonuses are gone.
    -TB geonosis Light side absurdly difficult.
    - Quality improvements such as allowing TW and TB conferences
    - - They managed to make the initial load screen worse by reducing the size of the letters for no reason.
    Lets keep the list going:

- Grievous in-game model coughs every 4 seconds instead of 9 seconds in the films
    - Grand Arena turned into Grand Arena Championships
    - Bottleneck gear as rewards in new tiers of assault battles
    - reduced font size of description from 8 pt to 7 pt
    - Comic Sans font, probably

If the administration resigns, the game shuts down and you will have one less mobile game to play and enjoy
  • Options
    It is not really worth commenting. CG clearly is not listening to the player base. Just look at the event, the character statistics, and the lack of communication about anything other than this event for the past 4 months.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I imagine the same thing will happen that always happens: everyone will complain, a lot, and then go ahead and do the grind anyway because they don't want to quit this supposedly-terrible game.

Supposedly?

Capatalism swgoh is the worst economic system mobile game out there, except for all the others.
  • Mitch08
    302 posts Member
    Options
    The devs aren't looking to make this game fun, and clearly haven't been for a long time. They follow a simple cycle of promising new content, releasing a load of ****, and milking money out of gullible players. Why would they change anything when people keep spending?
  • Options
    CG clearly hears the criticism and they need to fix it immediately and respond to the community, or don’t fix it and respond to the community. Either way, CG needs to respond to the community.
    They did this knowing full well how it was going to be received, and how much of a grind it is

They didn’t come up with this idea without testing or trying it out yesterday

You know me man I will grind for this for this just like a lot of us will; but dont you feel that after 4 months the event should be...better? (not talking about the requirements, tix system, or any of that)
    I think the first two tiers are alright, the duel is awful and I haven’t played the last 3 tiers to form an opinion on the event as a whole

I’m not a fan of the ticket system and I think the event needs to be considered as a whole. It’s very monetized as opposed to using GET1 to promote a toon to 7*

yea for sure, i dont even mind the monetization; we play the same game and we are in the same guild (so about the same place in the game, you know me in discord i even said despite all this if there were good value packs i woulda bought), but for 4 months and we get a supped up marquee event...idk. just a let down from that perspective.

still grinding for rey though; need that 4/4 on lstb
  • Options
    After hyping up an event and putting all of your eggs in one basket for 4 months only to have it completely flop is a joke. Then to not address any of the criticism is just even more ridiculous. You expect everyone to invest all of this time and money in your game, but yet you apparently don't invest near as much of either. And its another case of, great you now have 2 more characters that are OP, but again NOWHERE TO USE THEM. You can use them in all of the existing modes, but the same is said for all the other characters in game. Arena is a joke, so you can use that as a positive but if arena what you hang your hat on then have at it. And then you say "we are easing the gear crunch" .... um, did you say this before or after establishing the gear requirements for both the characters to qualify for this event and the gear requirements for the legends themselves? And we keep tooting the horn for the art dept, but I have yet to see any improvements in graphics. Rey and G$ were horrible, SLKR is just a re-skin with a new helmet.

• Options
    Minimum effort, maximum profit. Well done CG
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    camper288 wrote: »
    - They managed to make the initial load screen worse by reducing the size of the letters for no reason.

I'm assuming the reason was "see who complains first."
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have any positive thoughts on the GL? As a FTP player I had chosen not go go after this event so I haven’t had any interaction with either event. But I’d love to hear from the day one spenders on if there is anything they enjoyed about it.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Insert cricket sound
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Nice joke subject