What has a wider impact than raid?

Prev13
Only 2 thing comes to my mind, a rework of galactic war or something similar to it, where we get to use all of our characters in battles each day with the catch being that you can only use each character once in a battle, and have the amount of teams you have to beat scale with you're GP.
like look at all of these shiny toys that we got, yet we can only use them like 12 times in GAC, once a month in assault battles, 4 times in TB, and 4 times in TW, that is grand total of 21 times a month that we can use a character that some of us paid for or spend a lot of time grinding for.
2nd thing could be a vehicle game mode, since they said they had plans on adding vehicles to the game like last year or so in an Q&A.
Am I dead wrong here? What you thing is coming? I still think a new raid would be better especially if it was ship raid

Replies

• Options
    Fantastic Artwork
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    CG measures impact in 'engagement' and we all know how they use that word...
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Fantastic Artwork

Oof
    It says they are 5 comments, yet I can only see 3, what is this

It is double drop on Fantastic Artwork
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Guess what every player (even level 1) has access to? Exactly - packs. There you go, a wider impact on the overall playerbase.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    LIVE PVP!
  • Options
    I agree, another raid would be good to have. I'd prefer to see CG working on a new raid v a sandbox mode.
    Sandbox mode would be nice, but if I have to pick between the two, I'd prefer they spend their resources towards a new raid
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    any addition of vehicles will have a very low impact at the beginning, if they do it. If they add vehicles they are not going to be immediately useful for much of the player base, beyond some basic things.

I'm not sure how everything will play out or where the starting point will be (or when) but what you are saying about GW seems to be "the plan" in some sense. Trying to get away from every event being hand crafted events to more of a procedurally generated game mode that allows "regular game play" using more of our roster. I'm hoping we get some information in the RA/SoTG coming this month and they start to lay the ground work for the plan we keep hearing about. but from what we are hearing that is the "end goal" to some extent.

overall I think a raid will have varying levels of impact on the community, just like every raid previously. Also,if you follow the pacing they have done for raids, we would be raiding not that often.

generally speaking, anything that gets us to a place where we have content we can play that doesn't rely on a others/ or a chalendar, I think we will be in a better place.
  • Options
    I like that proposal for GW, something we can play daily that has some good rewards and good opportunity to use our full roster. GW could also be seen as a sort of “practice/sandbox” mode if you want to use that to test out battles
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, while vehicles are undeniably cool, I don't think adding them at this point is a good idea. Right now, most characters just sit there gathering dust and there's too few ships and too little to do with them. I'd much prefer improvements to the existing unit types over adding a new one. When the rest of the game is in a better place, though...
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    I'd guess something like MSF blitz mode if it's really something like a GW rework
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I'd guess something like MSF blitz mode if it's really something like a GW rework

I sure hope not. I'm all for having more playable content, but events where prizes are rewarded based mostly on whoever spends the most time playing seems like a recipe for a lot of sleep-deprived players.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    0dysseusK wrote: »

I sure hope not. I'm all for having more playable content, but events where prizes are rewarded based mostly on whoever spends the most time playing seems like a recipe for a lot of sleep-deprived players.

I agree but they don't want you to stop investing at one GL. You need both and several other teams to keep climbing in rank in the top .01% to unlock the next super extreme mega legendary character...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

NIGHTMARES ACTIVATED
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

I love blitz mode, and I only do about 5 battles a day in it. Just because there is a first place doesn't mean you have be in it. Its a great way to play with characters you hardly ever use anywhere else.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Given how people are still whining that they hate ships two years after they came out, I can't see them exactly bending over backwards to rush out a "vehicle" mode.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

never did blits mode, but if thats all it is, we already had that, it was called tournaments and they shut it down, for a few different reasons.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Do you guys remember the galactic conquest from Star Wars Battlefront 2 Classic? Something like that would be awesome.

What if they would make such a mode where you can play with your heroe characters but also play with normal troopers like 5 stormtrooper and 1 AT-ST against a bunch of rebels in the battle of endor?
    Tie it into a conquest mode against AI or players and if you win you'll gain new characters, gear, crystals etc.

I would love a mode where I can rule the galaxy with my toons.
    I could go into detail but I would make it similar to Empire at War.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno are you indirectly confirming that you know a GW overhaul is coming?

no. just that things they have spoken about (as a long term plan) sound like that in theory. but I dont know what the plan actually is or how it will play out in the short term. they are working on an "event creation tool", that is all we know for certain. terms like "procedural generation of battles" and "use of a wider range of your roster", are essentially what GW was, until it was made easy. it will not be a GW overhaul.
  • Options
    100 packs for 100 bucks. Nothing in them though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

no. just that things they have spoken about (as a long term plan) sound like that in theory.

it will not be a GW overhaul.

That last sentence sounds like an absolute, not a theory.

are you calling me a sith?

I have spoken.
  • Options

no. just that things they have spoken about (as a long term plan) sound like that in theory. but I dont know what the plan actually is or how it will play out in the short term. they are working on an "event creation tool", that is all we know for certain. terms like "procedural generation of battles" and "use of a wider range of your roster", are essentially what GW was, until it was made easy. it will not be a GW overhaul.

"Kyno confirms GW overhaul incoming!" Now if it doesn't come, it's really going to be a slap in the face.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options

Totally agree with you, it seems the most plausible based on what was said during last Q&As, plural. A new mode activated when you're allowed to sim GW, for instance. I'm day dreaming on vehicules implemented in this mode, rather as an extra skill, like there is in TB with tanks and stuff, or using the 6th spot, ala Arc Trooper's gun. You'll have to farm and "gear" them as toons, but it's not an independant game mode with only vehicules. And if this goes well, they could be add to a few GA to mix things up.