Why 3v3?

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Vendraen wrote: »
    It’s also to cater for different types of players. A lot of us actually really enjoy 3v3.

I can't understand why. The game just wasn't designed for it. It was designed for 5v5. And now with units that can summon one, it makes it 4v3 and unwinnable in most cases.

Horrible, horrible idea.

Jawas.

Get over yourself.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    It’s also to cater for different types of players. A lot of us actually really enjoy 3v3.

I can't understand why. The game just wasn't designed for it. It was designed for 5v5. And now with units that can summon one, it makes it 4v3 and unwinnable in most cases.

Horrible, horrible idea.

Those same teams are 6v5.....

And one of the teams with a summon is easily countered with 2 characters...
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

Horrible, horrible idea.

The 3v3 format per se is not the problem. It's actually enjoyable since it's "something else". The problem are some characters being too new to the game (so only a very limited amount of people have access to them) and way too strong (GL Rey trio in the upcoming 3v3 GAC, SE trio with Malak in older 3v3 GAC).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    its fun

epkypretpcyu.gif
  • Kookermader
    410 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Horrible, horrible idea.

Many people enjoy it and think it's a great idea, our opinion is just as valid as yours. And my opinion is the most valid of all, as I believe most of us would agree.
    Lastly, just because something wasn't designed for a specific purpose, that doesn't mean it's not a positive development.
  • Options
    They started out doing 3v3 50% of the time. Now it's been at least three 5v5 in a row.

I love the variety, but this is a better balance. And 4v4 would be cool too.
  • Options
    If you use 2 units that summon an extra unit can this become 5v3?
  • Options
    Dethjin wrote: »
    There could be easily even two different GACs running to have more gaming to do, maybe it would feel like a chore to some very fast. But it wouldn't hurt so much if you would not put 100% effort. There are already tons of players who just join and forget about it. Personally I don't like fighting without ships (cause I have the advantage on those) but also I don't like how uneven it makes the matchmaking, I have min-maxed everything and have 5v5 / 3v3 much easier matchups without ships. So it's 50-50...

So much this ^ iterated to infinity
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

I believe there is only one spot for summoned chars. Look at TB, can’t summon the brute and the battle droid.

Not sure what would happen, if you ran GBA and ARC, coin flip on who gets summoned?

I will have to look, it was covered in the QA or somewhere. There is an order, I think it has to do with the order they are placed into the team, but yes only 1 will summon.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

I believe there is only one spot for summoned chars. Look at TB, can’t summon the brute and the battle droid.

Not sure what would happen, if you ran GBA and ARC, coin flip on who gets summoned?
    Interesting question. Taking a 3-man squad with ARC and BA into a PVE battle should answer it easily enough.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Interesting question. Taking a 3-man squad with ARC and BA into a PVE battle should answer it easily enough.

IIRC, the Devs have already answered this. There is only one slot for summoned toons, and I believe ARC takes precedence over Alpha, so the battle will start with a turret but no Brute.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    The summoned toon takes the ally spot, so no, you can't summon more than 2 toons by undersizing
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    As to which 6th gets summoned, my guess would be depends which summoner is leftmost in the squad slots but again, a simple PVE test would answer these questions.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The summoned toon takes the ally spot, so no, you can't summon more than 2 toons by undersizing

Yeah the question is, if you do use 2 summoners, which one takes precedence? Is it based on placement order, ARC 1st or coin flip?

And one would prob never use this, just made me curious LOL

they posted exactly what happens when they released arc, not a coin flip. Pretty sure arc is preferred.

Found it: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/218241/now-there-are-two-of-them-summoning-unit-details
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Noice, thanks for digging that up @littleMAC77 ! :)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Makes sense the ARC Trooper takes precedence. ARC summons at the start of the battle and then can't summon mid-battle. Brood Alpha summons at the start, but can also summon again through the second special.

Smart.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Yea 3vs3 really is terrible but f2p players need the rewards even more so, but there are few bigger headaches than this in the game so since I'm sure they will put me up against people with gl's anyway I'ma join for the rewards and not play gac this month.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    veejayti wrote: »
    Yea 3vs3 really is terrible but f2p players need the rewards even more so, but there are few bigger headaches than this in the game so since I'm sure they will put me up against people with gl's anyway I'ma join for the rewards and not play gac this month.
    You get matched on top {x} character GP. It takes a lot of r5+ characters to unlock a Galactic Legend and that means a lot of matchmaking GP bloat. The only way you are getting matched with someone who has a Galactic Legend is if you have added a similar amount of relic-bloat to the top of your roster.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    veejayti wrote: »
    You get matched on top {x} character GP. It takes a lot of r5+ characters to unlock a Galactic Legend and that means a lot of matchmaking GP bloat. The only way you are getting matched with someone who has a Galactic Legend is if you have added a similar amount of relic-bloat to the top of your roster.

I have been pushing relics to conquer territory battles and assault battles more so than galactic legends acquisition and last month I got paired against opponents with 1 fully geared gl 3 times, I must meet the relic 5 quota your speaking of but it sure doesn't feel fair.
  • Options
    Ugh, it's 3v3 with a ships zone :(
  • Options
    ...and it's ships again... huge disappointment. Are all GAC's going to include ships from now on? It's been months since we've had a real GAC. How about a little variety? I'd like to see 50% with and 50% without.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    What's the best way to express loathing for 3v3?
    Don't sign up?
    Complain on the ultra-filtered forum?
    Quit?
    GAC is the only enjoyable game mode & now, with 3v3, it's gone.
    I realize there are like 12 ppl that enjoy it but maybe not bank on the future of swgoh thru those 12 ppl.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Quit or don't play, your loss on the rewards.
    Way to protest something different
  • Options
    I'm glad to have something different
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    What's the best way to express loathing for 3v3?
    Don't sign up?
    Complain on the ultra-filtered forum?
    Quit?
    GAC is the only enjoyable game mode & now, with 3v3, it's gone.
    I realize there are like 12 ppl that enjoy it but maybe not bank on the future of swgoh thru those 12 ppl.

We’ve had 3v3 plenty of times before. The future of SWGOH still seems to be intact after every 3v3