Requirements are outrageous

Prev1345
The requirements for the new rey and kylo are outrageous! Come on

Replies

  • SithVicious
    1045 posts Member
    But not impossible
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    The requirements for the new rey and kylo are outrageous! Come on

    You are a couple months too late....those threads died a while ago.

    Was gonna say that
  • Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.
  • Akenno
    506 posts Member
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.
  • Damodamo
    1157 posts Member

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    And/or lack of knowing the difference between a fleet with a GL in it and one without..

    I find my lack of either GL doesn’t really hurt my fleet teams in any way..
    Just saying :)
  • Legend91
    1252 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    And/or lack of knowing the difference between a fleet with a GL in it and one without..

    I find my lack of either GL doesn’t really hurt my fleet teams in any way..
    Just saying :)

    You have access to the beta testing server and know something that we don't know? Cause last time I checked the GL's neither of them had a ship.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ShaggyB
    1257 posts Member
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    The requirements for the new rey and kylo are outrageous! Come on

    Welcome to the game. Where have you been?
  • Well this is a rather useless discussion.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Damodamo
    1157 posts Member
    @littleMAC77 glad to see my sarcasm isn’t completely wasted..

  • Not all discussions are quite as useless as this.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Akenno
    506 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.
  • littleMAC77
    2237 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Im ftp and only need 1* on both Finn and Poe - So it is possible

    The worst part is the months of boredom while gearing useless characters... If thet at least could rework or add some leader abilities to them, they would be much more useful

    wow you are f2p for one year and you get gl rey,thats an accomplishement.

    I am sry if you play since launch you got tons of resources and allready most of the requried toons at High gear allready,so ofc you get it fast.

  • NicWester
    7302 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    Guys, it's pretty easy to understand what they're saying. They're saying that they can beat a Galactic Legend team, but it takes multiple tries and drains their points potential.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    23556 posts Member
    edited June 2
    Actually, no. OP said:
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vi1teran_
    120 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.

    Two problems with your argument. 1st- having a "poor" top end roster might be about choices, that doesn't mean those choices should result in one sided match ups. If someone goes after a gl instead of gas their top end roster will have characters that don't perform as well as the power rating indicates. 2nd- you don't have to lose to think mm is broken. I win the majority of my 5v5 match ups (3v3, not so much). I still would like power ratings to be adjusted. The fact that jka and phasma have similar ratings at gear 12 is wrong.
  • ZAP
    3065 posts Member
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.

    Two problems with your argument. 1st- having a "poor" top end roster might be about choices, that doesn't mean those choices should result in one sided match ups. If someone goes after a gl instead of gas their top end roster will have characters that don't perform as well as the power rating indicates. 2nd- you don't have to lose to think mm is broken. I win the majority of my 5v5 match ups (3v3, not so much). I still would like power ratings to be adjusted. The fact that jka and phasma have similar ratings at gear 12 is wrong.

    If they begin to introduce MM on char effectiveness, that will get out of hand quickly and as they introduce and rework chars they’d have to keep changing the MM.

    GAC specialists don’t lose that often, even when matched with rosters that appear to be better. GAC is about understanding mechanics and having chars, gear and mods to go with those mechanics. Knowing what D teams are effective at stripping banners and maximizing your O banners.

  • Akenno
    506 posts Member
    edited June 2
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.

    I can say it again and again... The current matchmaking isn't supposed to work for top end players!
    MM based upon top x chars are bad because you can use everything! If it would be restricted towards those top chars, it would be balanced, which isn't.
    Either we need to choose x chars to participate in battle or calculate the complete GP in those battles!
    If it is not near anyone of those two, it is unfair and unbalanced matchmaking. You have a lot to learn about a correct matchmaking setup.

    What have fleets to do with GL's? Only that the ships are better.
    I hope to see 2-3 fleets for defenses inside GAC so that fleets matter more.
  • littleMAC77
    2237 posts Member
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.

    Two problems with your argument. 1st- having a "poor" top end roster might be about choices, that doesn't mean those choices should result in one sided match ups. If someone goes after a gl instead of gas their top end roster will have characters that don't perform as well as the power rating indicates. 2nd- you don't have to lose to think mm is broken. I win the majority of my 5v5 match ups (3v3, not so much). I still would like power ratings to be adjusted. The fact that jka and phasma have similar ratings at gear 12 is wrong.

    No, the fact that JKA and PHasma have similar ratings at gear 12 is perfect, as GP is in no way a measure of effectiveness. If you want to argue that GAC should just match you with players with nearly identical characters and fundamentally change the mode, thats an argument for a different time. However, in its current state GAC success hinges on both roster building and utilization. Going for a GL over GAS is a choice, and it is up to the player to find the best ways to utilize those requirements.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • littleMAC77
    2237 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.

    I can say it again and again... The current matchmaking isn't supposed to work for top end players!
    MM based upon top x chars are bad because you can use everything! If it would be restricted towards those top chars, it would be balanced, which isn't.
    Either we need to choose x chars to participate in battle or calculate the complete GP in those battles!
    If it is not near anyone of those two, it is unfair and unbalanced matchmaking. You have a lot to learn about a correct matchmaking setup.

    What have fleets to do with GL's? Only that the ships are better.
    I hope to see 2-3 fleets for defenses inside GAC so that fleets matter more.

    People complained about MM just as much when the full GP was used, it was just different players. In any competitive mode there will be a winner and a loser, and the loser often wants to blame their loss on things out of their control so they feel better about themselves. This MM isn't perfect, but what we really need is more divisions at the top to minimize some of the massive GP splits in Division 1.

    I have no clue what you are trying to say about Fleets and GLs. GLs do not have ships, nor do they affect your ability to counter the GET2 capital ships. In fact, if you went for Kylo you would be building a fleet that can be a soft counter to the Negotiator.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Vi1teran_
    120 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.

    Two problems with your argument. 1st- having a "poor" top end roster might be about choices, that doesn't mean those choices should result in one sided match ups. If someone goes after a gl instead of gas their top end roster will have characters that don't perform as well as the power rating indicates. 2nd- you don't have to lose to think mm is broken. I win the majority of my 5v5 match ups (3v3, not so much). I still would like power ratings to be adjusted. The fact that jka and phasma have similar ratings at gear 12 is wrong.

    If they begin to introduce MM on char effectiveness, that will get out of hand quickly and as they introduce and rework chars they’d have to keep changing the MM.

    GAC specialists don’t lose that often, even when matched with rosters that appear to be better. GAC is about understanding mechanics and having chars, gear and mods to go with those mechanics. Knowing what D teams are effective at stripping banners and maximizing your O banners.

    I don't think they have to readjust mm. If they reworked the power rating system so power was a better indicator of a characters viability that would be best case. That said simply allowing people to choose some characters they don't want to use in gac would reduce the problem.

    I typically finish 2-4 in gac despite being the only person without D.Revan and usually Malak. Mainly because I am lucky enough to have reasonable mods and I do my best to make sure there are no characters in my top 75-80 I won't be using. That's hard considering I took most of 2019 off so things like my gear 12 Pao still slip in.
  • Legend91
    1252 posts Member
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    NeoProdagy wrote: »
    Lol I know. Just finally saying something. I'm just getting irritated in Grand Arena. There's been numerous times where I should have won with my characters but couldn't beat the kenobi capital ship, so I lost. It's really starting to **** me off. It takes way too long to obtain them and I'm not spending anymore money for it either.

    What does not developing a counter to a fleet have to do with GL requirements?

    Matchmaking issues.

    Sounds more like roster building issues

    So getting GL's are a building issue? Alright. Seems they need a buff so that I auto-win I guess.

    If you cant beat players with similar top of roster investment, you are either not as good at strategy and gameplay, or you built a poor roster (or both). Blaming mm for you losses is the easy way out of trying to improve.

    Besides, you still havent explained what GLs have to do with not developing fleets. Fleets were around for years before GLs.

    Two problems with your argument. 1st- having a "poor" top end roster might be about choices, that doesn't mean those choices should result in one sided match ups. If someone goes after a gl instead of gas their top end roster will have characters that don't perform as well as the power rating indicates. 2nd- you don't have to lose to think mm is broken. I win the majority of my 5v5 match ups (3v3, not so much). I still would like power ratings to be adjusted. The fact that jka and phasma have similar ratings at gear 12 is wrong.

    If they begin to introduce MM on char effectiveness, that will get out of hand quickly and as they introduce and rework chars they’d have to keep changing the MM.

    GAC specialists don’t lose that often, even when matched with rosters that appear to be better. GAC is about understanding mechanics and having chars, gear and mods to go with those mechanics. Knowing what D teams are effective at stripping banners and maximizing your O banners.

    I don't think they have to readjust mm. If they reworked the power rating system so power was a better indicator of a characters viability that would be best case. That said simply allowing people to choose some characters they don't want to use in gac would reduce the problem.

    I typically finish 2-4 in gac despite being the only person without D.Revan and usually Malak. Mainly because I am lucky enough to have reasonable mods and I do my best to make sure there are no characters in my top 75-80 I won't be using. That's hard considering I took most of 2019 off so things like my gear 12 Pao still slip in.

    That would be nearly impossible to do I guess. How would you rate certain chars for example in the current 3v3 GAC? Normal and viable g13 char at 20k, Malak at 150k and Rey at 800k?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • WhoDat
    28 posts Member
    Don’t worry, there is clearly a simple solution already in development.... if you don’t like developing these characters for these GLs, the next pair is rather likely to ‘raise the bar’ so these two are the ‘easy’ GLs, therefore, once they release the next ones, the requirements on these will be much more appealing!!
Sign In or Register to comment.