SLK buffs: Complete overreaction over a niche scenario

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    my only concern is that when Rey is in ultimate stance and kylo does his aoe it counts as critical hits even though they do 1 damage only. @CG_SBCrumb is that supposed to happen? he can spam ultimate and aoe on loop. seems weird that 1 damage counts as critical hits

the damage reduction and crit-ing are 2 different things and not related in that way,

the way it is working is that Kylo crits and does X damage. Her special then reduces this to 1 damage.
  • Options
    Any feedback on the existing imbalance between the two GLs? Kylo was already Reys equal in PVP and can solo the raid. She maxes out at around 18M in P4 of HSTR.

Now people like me who went for Rey have a character who is less capable in PVE, and he's just as good as her in PVP. This buff was completely unnecessary and like taking a sledgehammer to fix a minor GAS counter. JKR still beats Rey...should we expect a buff for that?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    my only concern is that when Rey is in ultimate stance and kylo does his aoe it counts as critical hits even though they do 1 damage only. @CG_SBCrumb is that supposed to happen? he can spam ultimate and aoe on loop. seems weird that 1 damage counts as critical hits

the damage reduction and crit-ing are 2 different things and not related in that way,

the way it is working is that Kylo crits and does X damage. Her special then reduces this to 1 damage.
    Still doesn’t change that he is doing that. Any reports on getting it fixed?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options

Fixed implies something is broken. The first time he does it, if Rey is running GK (which is the common team), everyone gets crit immunity. Unless you have some other way to dispel it, you either need to spend an ultimate turn clearing buffs, or just AOE without crits.
  • Options
    Inner4_eye wrote: »

While its true that kylo can solo the raid, I don't think that's as consequential. If you have unlocked a GL, chances are you are able to solo the sith raid with your roster anyway, or that it's no longer a challenge for your guild. It doesn't really matter that much that he can solo it.

Unless they change HSTR reward payouts, it's definitely consequential. There's a major difference between rank 1-10 and rank 11 rewards. Getting a solo with multiple teams is incredibly unlikely (you'd have to get into each phase before anyone posts any damage to that phase, and then solo with that team fast enough to get into the next phase in the same situation). If your guild has 10 SLKRs soloing, then you're locked out of top 10 rewards without him.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Inner4_eye wrote: »

While its true that kylo can solo the raid, I don't think that's as consequential. If you have unlocked a GL, chances are you are able to solo the sith raid with your roster anyway, or that it's no longer a challenge for your guild. It doesn't really matter that much that he can solo it.

Unless they change HSTR reward payouts, it's definitely consequential. There's a major difference between rank 1-10 and rank 11 rewards. Getting a solo with multiple teams is incredibly unlikely (you'd have to get into each phase before anyone posts any damage to that phase, and then solo with that team fast enough to get into the next phase in the same situation). If your guild has 10 SLKRs soloing, then you're locked out of top 10 rewards without him.

This is a huge issue. Because I chose Rey over Kylo, I will soon be locked out of useful rewards from the STR. That's kind of a problem, since that's the biggest source of the g12+ gear.
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Thx CG! You did the right thing.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    lol it’ll make all the original po’d people happy. just makes it unbalanced. kylo can go on his ultimate over and over again. rey can’t. maybe make kylos ultimate only 100% as well otherwise it’s a bit OP, or edit Rey’s kit to make them even.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I didn't say it did. just wanted to make sure they knew what was going on according to what they were saying.

They are aware, and there are discussions. Thats all i got to share right now.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    They should just delete Rey and Kylo and start over!

Yup....whoever thought GL’s would be good for the game must have never played SWGOH.
  • Options

Fixed implies something is broken. The first time he does it, if Rey is running GK (which is the common team), everyone gets crit immunity. Unless you have some other way to dispel it, you either need to spend an ultimate turn clearing buffs, or just AOE without crits.

Not in a game. In a game it could mean that it is an unexpected interaction. But that’s also only one comp. There are others where this happens. There are videos on it.
  • Options

Ye,never, a crit is a crit is not a bug the the ability is as intended...
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    i think the point is that after the buff, with this existing mechanic, he’s extremely cheap. it was somewhat even before with the ultimate and not always a guaranteed win. with this new buff it takes him to an entirely different level. he is 100% the best character in the game.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    Options
    If he is immune to crit, he shouldn't be able to crit.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    If he is immune to crit, he shouldn't be able to crit.

because reasons?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

You can’t tell me with a straight face that Ultimate Infinite Loop Kylo along with hit hard enough to circumvent procting damage immunity on Rey’s teammates, one of the most valuable pieces of her kit, is balanced with Rey.

Please, honestly.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »

You can’t tell me with a straight face that Ultimate Infinite Loop Kylo along with hit hard enough to circumvent procting damage immunity on Rey’s teammates, one of the most valuable pieces of her kit, is balanced with Rey.

Please, honestly.

I can tell you I will need you to reword that because I have no clue what you are saying. From what I can gather you are trying to extrapolate something from what I said in reply to another post, to make some point that I was not trying to discuss.....
  • Hawk_Eye
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have a pretty well modded Ult GL Rey. I have had played against a few Ult SLKR. The fact that Kylo does not take damage while in his ultimate stance is what kills GL Rey. She can get her ultimate even after Kylo starts his and Rey's ultimate will proc before Kylo is out of his stance. Now if you decide to not use the ultimate til later than you lose to Kylo's ultimate ripping everyone apart. If you were able to kill allies quicker this wouldn't be a problem but since the allies now have crit immunity (especially with one tank who gives advantage to a random ally for two turns as a unique) they take longer to kill and SLKR has more time to build up the ultimate that ends up going one right after the other do to the added time to kill.

I had rey do three whirlwinds on SLKR and he gains more health back than the whirlwind does damage on SLKR.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    LS Geo isn't PvE? OK.
    well for me rey hasnt improved my wave count at all in p1-3
    she cant be used in gr missions
    she cant be used in jedi missions
    she cant be used in special missions
    one of the important characters is already used for rjt (hero finn) who guarantees 16/16 with rtj
    so unless something magical happens in p4 i dont see her value in geo tb so far
    overall hsr top10 is still the most important gearincome and thats kylos spot

• Options

Ye,never, a crit is a crit is not a bug the the ability is as intended...

Well what should be a bug is the infinite loop. If you want it around, then go for it. I don’t care as it doesn’t affect me rn, so I couldn’t care less. Do what you want.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Apparently not enough people were working on getting SLKR. This is just to sweeten the pot a bit more.

Just that it won't work on people who still have some common sense. A big whale in my arena has just quit the game for good. This was the final straw for many people. But CG should not only care about the whales but rather think about the larger group of "average" p(l)ayers. Theory crafting and finding better solutions than a boring mirror match are what makes the game fun. If there's no more fun, why get hyped for the next big thing?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Apparently not enough people were working on getting SLKR. This is just to sweeten the pot a bit more.

Just that it won't work on people who still have some common sense. A big whale in my arena has just quit the game for good. This was the final straw for many people. But CG should not only care about the whales but rather think about the larger group of "average" p(l)ayers. Theory crafting and finding better solutions than a boring mirror match are what makes the game fun. If there's no more fun, why get hyped for the next big thing?

People who have some common sense aren't CG's target demographic...
  • Options
    Hawk_Eye wrote: »
    I have a pretty well modded Ult GL Rey. I have had played against a few Ult SLKR. The fact that Kylo does not take damage while in his ultimate stance is what kills GL Rey. She can get her ultimate even after Kylo starts his and Rey's ultimate will proc before Kylo is out of his stance. Now if you decide to not use the ultimate til later than you lose to Kylo's ultimate ripping everyone apart. If you were able to kill allies quicker this wouldn't be a problem but since the allies now have crit immunity (especially with one tank who gives advantage to a random ally for two turns as a unique) they take longer to kill and SLKR has more time to build up the ultimate that ends up going one right after the other do to the added time to kill.

I had rey do three whirlwinds on SLKR and he gains more health back than the whirlwind does damage on SLKR.

If you’re losing to SLKR on offense whilst using Rey then that’s completely on you. You should never lose on offense with Rey, take a look at your team or maybe stick on auto seeing as you’re clearly miss-using her kit
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Hawk_Eye wrote: »

If you’re losing to SLKR on offense whilst using Rey then that’s completely on you. You should never lose on offense with Rey, take a look at your team or maybe stick on auto seeing as you’re clearly miss-using her kit

Nonsense. They've wound the dial up and didn't think about the unintended consequences. Because they're incompetent as we all know.