GL Rey T4-6 - SLKR Buff

Prev13
Does CG realize by buffing SLKR that the upper tiers of the GL Rey event will now be even more difficult? Was that really necessary?

I just unlocked Rey a few days ago, and I’m hearing that the ult event is now even crazier because of the additional speed and buffs...it’s crazy enough to unlock GLs, I really hope you didn’t actually intend to make the event harder?

Replies

• StarSon
    7444 posts Member
    Options
    RezaTorin wrote: »
    Does CG realize by buffing SLKR that the upper tiers of the GL Rey event will now be even more difficult? Was that really necessary?

No, and no.
    I just unlocked Rey a few days ago, and I’m hearing that the ult event is now even crazier because of the additional speed and buffs...it’s crazy enough to unlock GLs, I really hope you didn’t actually intend to make the event harder?

They did not intend to make it harder. But they also don't care that they did. They'll probably fix it though because now the SLKR team can be cheesed by Padme with 5s and GAS.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

its early for them, we are trying to ask but no one is up yet.

This is the first change that has crossed from a playable change to an event toon. we will have to wait and see if it was intended.
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    Options

Kyno wrote: »

This is the first change that has crossed from a playable change to an event toon. we will have to wait and see if it was intended.

I hope it wasn't intended... this seems more than brutal.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Redid T6 this morning after the buff to SLKR with the same team I used to get Rey’s ultimate a few weeks ago, but I didn’t bother switching to the mod sets I made for the event.

No problems beating T6. It took a little longer and Holdo actually hit yellow health twice, but SLKR died early, cleaned up adds. I was never in danger of losing, and no, I didn’t use Rey’s ultimate in the test.

Team was R7 Rey, JTR, Holdo and the hero twins, all at the same level of gear required for unlock, nothing more.
  • bearrock
    64 posts Member
    Options
    Major changes to one of the premier toons in the game deserves way more than small mention in a content update patch note.

Was this intended to fix the GAS two man counter? (Many more minor ways to address it). Was it intended to raise Kylo's value in pvp? (then how do you address the totally skewed raid value between kylo and Rey? They really think one additional full cm mission clear per phase in LS Geo offsets that? For many guilds it doesn't even result in an additional star). This is a major shift to the meta in the game (e.g. - kylo has much less non-GL viable counters then Rey now). What is the intent behind this change and what does this do to the originally stated intent that the two characters were supposed to be of equal value?

CG is terrible at communication and hamfisted changes like this doesn't give much confidence for players hoping that CG is still actively invested in improving the game as opposed to just milking the playerbase with a stream of character releases (which they are terrible at balancing, a problem that stems back to their insistance on overcurating the meta)
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Same like the GAS-Change with countering before sitting.
    Was harder after this patch but doable.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    bearrock wrote: »
    Major changes to one of the premier toons in the game deserves way more than small mention in a content update patch note.

Was this intended to fix the GAS two man counter? (Many more minor ways to address it). Was it intended to raise Kylo's value in pvp? (then how do you address the totally skewed raid value between kylo and Rey? They really think one additional full cm mission clear per phase in LS Geo offsets that? For many guilds it doesn't even result in an additional star). This is a major shift to the meta in the game (e.g. - kylo has much less non-GL viable counters then Rey now). What is the intent behind this change and what does this do to the originally stated intent that the two characters were supposed to be of equal value?

CG is terrible at communication and hamfisted changes like this doesn't give much confidence for players hoping that CG is still actively invested in improving the game as opposed to just milking the playerbase with a stream of character releases (which they are terrible at balancing, a problem that stems back to their insistance on overcurating the meta)

we were told they had a fix for the cheese strat v slkr, they fixed it, and told us about it. what's the problem?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well I told Rey's event was incredibly easy compared to SLKR's and you can't lose

So its fair that both sides struggle to get ultimate mats
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Well I told Rey's event was incredibly easy compared to SLKR's and you can't lose

So its fair that both sides struggle to get ultimate mats

While i agree.... its not fair to those chasing rey that those who did her first had easier time.

The real solution to that problen is to fix tier 6 kylo which can still wreck your glkylo even if he has thr ultimate after this stealth buff.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    those who did her first had easier time.
    @ShaggyB bro that just sounds dirty

Hahaha +10
  • Options
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

GAS’s counter before meditating says hello.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

GAS’s counter before meditating says hello.

you can go back and read about that. that wasn't a change to his kit, but a change to the order of operations in battle/attack, thats different than what happened here.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Will they buff Rey accordingly? The balance has swung the other way now.
  • Options
    @Kyno could you update us please if you get any information?

This is very important to get the ultimate and battles are crazy now! A waste of tickets and a loss of fun :cry:

They should set the event back like before. Never thought that a toon change can impact an event(toon)...
  • CamaroAMF
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    T4-T6 still seems pretty easy to me. Tested today and was a breeze with Rey, Heroes, BB8 and RJT. I do have the ultimate on Rey but never had to use it.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    we were told they had a fix for the cheese strat v slkr, they fixed it, and told us about it. what's the problem?

No, we weren't told what the buff was intended to address. The playerbase guessed (probably accurately) that the buff was intended to fix the GAS two man counter. There has not been any communication from CG on what they intended to accomplish with this buff.

On top of that, the problem is that the fix, if it truly is only about the GAS two man counter, overshoots the problem by a mile. A much minor tweak easily shuts down the two man counter (quite frankly, proper modding shuts it down without the buff).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    T4-T6 still seems pretty easy to me. Tested today and was a breeze with Rey, Heroes, BB8 and RJT. I do have the ultimate on Rey but never had to use it.

Most people are just caught off guard at this point. If a player was not modded fast enough (below the extra 30), then it goes bad really quickly. If you are fast enough to go first, then it's still a similar experience. At least that's what I hear, I dont have rey.
  • Options
    bearrock wrote: »

At minimum they should have given people a warning before dropping it in the middle of a GAC attack phase.
  • Options
    With the new changes to Kylo's kit the last tier of Rey's event (tier 6) is now a totally different battle. Ok, well that's just left all players who are still grinding on it at an extreme disadvantage. Well don't for those who got the ultimate done early, but by changing the event while it's still live is a breach of apple/playstore ToS ...
    I've seen this happen in other games and players have been able to receive full refunds for all purchases (within a period) back into their bank account.
    Yes, it means the strategy needs to be rethought to complete the battle, but it's also a real low act by a company that doesn't have much of a good reputation for doing the right thing.
    Not asking for compensation, not asking for anything, just letting others know that at the bottom line an action like this is a breach of TOS from your platform store...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Lol ok
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Lol ok

Laugh it up fuzzball...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Aka_mannah wrote: »
    Lol ok

Laugh it up fuzzball...

Gwwaaaaaaaarr!!!
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Also it kills every counter in arena. I know there is a padme counter, that works but if there is drevan/malak, or both, nothing works, for me now. I will get rey this week but now I regreting to go for her, not kylo.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Also I will take more time to gear her up, without the crystals from arena. I only need 150 stun gun, 100-250 kyro to get her g13. 😂😂😂
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Options
    When you think, that the game cant get worse, CG always finds a way, to prove me wrong. 😅😅😅😅
  • Options
    Just tried it out.

Team: Rey, both RH, BB8 and JTR

First try: the add oneshot RH Finn cause he went first (Rey at about 480 Speed)
    Second try: Changed Rey from Health to Speed (569) she went first again and from there out it was as easy as ever. Spam LE and Eventspecial on JTR. Kill the adds off with whirlwind and then go to town on Kylo who cant heal himself due to JTRs healing immunity.

I didnt find it any harder than before (i already have the ulti)
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Wording of how and what was breached?
  • Options
    Where was the kitchange announced? I cannot find it. What was changed?