36618 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    11 notifications........

Thanks @Kyno lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    I left a comment on page 14 of the thread, it has been deleted, by Kyno I bet. So here it is again, let's see if this gets me banned from the forums.

If CG told me the sky was blue, I'd double check to make sure it hadn't turned green. I would rather trust the Umbrella Corporation than CG.

Let the scrubbing of content begin by CG. What a bunch of daft cabbages...the lot of them. Forget you @CG_SBCrumb and @CG_LucifersDaddy . You are both a gigantic disgrace.

Wow! That's harsh. True but harsh.
  • Walrus
    11 posts Member
    Options
    CG Dev lead "Ok, guys we are in a bad place. What can we do to improve our game and the community?"

Dev 2 "We could develop regular content that is fun and very engaging!"

Dev lead "Dont be stupid that costs money!"

Dev 3 "What about open communications between us the community and content creators on youtube."

Dev lead "horrible we cant tell them we plan to milk the whales for all they got, but you gave me an idea lets ban the Youtubers it will be great!"
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    I left a comment on page 14 of the thread, it has been deleted, by Kyno I bet. So here it is again, let's see if this gets me banned from the forums.

If CG told me the sky was blue, I'd double check to make sure it hadn't turned green. I would rather trust the Umbrella Corporation than CG.

What a bunch of daft cabbages...

This made me chuckle out loud
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Is CG going to ban all the people that use modding services, since that is also account sharing?

I hope so

And why is that?
    account sharing... we just covered this

keep up, buddy

Haha. You amuse me. Let us ban those who wanted to have a better in-game experience, you mean? That’s what I see. Seems you don’t think of the wider picture. ;)
    Stay loyal to CG, buddy.

Thinking of the wider picture, choosing not to ban those using a modding service would be very hypocritical. Hacks, 3rd party crystals, and pirated gift cards can also provide someone a better in-game experience. That’s a very poor standard to use as a rule enforcement policy. The point is consistent application of the rules, if you’re going to think of the wider picture that is.

It is only a modding service though. This game revolves around mods (at higher levels) so if they were to ban such things, I think lots of people would quit the game (maybe). Hacks etc might give them a better experience, but it is hacking. We all know that is banned, banned in games everywhere. A modding service, nay, account sharing is surely not a reason to permanently ban, even temporarily ban someone when it is done to such a small extent.
    Like other guys said, if you were to give your kids your account because you didn’t want to play and your account got banned, what would be your reaction? You’d probably be very mad.“But it’s a violation of the TOS. Your fault.“
    See my point? It’s stupid to get banned over such a small thing, whereas cheaters don’t get a perm ban.
    The wider picture is the deeper aspects of this. Like the example I gave you. I don’t think Ultra thought about that when they wrote their post.

I think blatant cheating, like hacks, should be dealt with evenly, resulting in a permanent ban. As far as account sharing, I don’t see letting your kid play your account the same as using a modding service. CG has stated they review each case individually and if I got banned for letting my kid play, yes I would be mad. However, you could argue that a modding service gives an unfair advantage by letting an expert mod your characters. That’s a totally different situation as I see it. I think the account sharing rule should be narrowed down to preserve an even playing field among players, which should be the point of the rule.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • boet
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Capital Games is grossly mismanaged and there's a complete lack of accountability by Electronic Arts.

CG lacks vision, they lack execution, and they don't have a concept of community. Their reputation is trash.

CG's leadership-dysfunction has led to a wretched company culture. Their poor company culture has ruined their creativity and development. This is cancer to a game, RIP.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    Options
    @CadoaBane Do you think CG should negotiate with cheaters?
    No, cheaters who were caught to use cheating devices should be banned permanently. What does the one thing have to do with the other?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    BVH3030 wrote: »
    @TVF said it's true, so it must be.

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Hmmm think he's going to delete his own post for violations of Terms of Service everyone is so strongly defending? "This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions." The post seems both sarcastic and off-topic, as well as calling out someone in the forums which is also specifically against the terms of service.

Pot, meet kettle.

Firstly, yes I was trying to be a little funny.

I think we can all agree that if we fully enforced the Forum Guidelines to the letter this conversation wouldn't even be here. In all honesty 99% of the violations we have removed are profanity.

Discussions like this are hard and we try to do our best to let it happen and keep things somewhat in line.

Dont worry I know I am the worst person in the world, I have come to terms with that. That doesnt mean we can have a constructive conversation about this.

To answer a few points I see:
    They didnt ban his main account (I know it's been said multiple times but people still come here with "unban him", which is not totally accurate).

From my understanding they did communicate why this is going on when it happened with him directly.

Each case of cheating is handled independently and on a case by case basis.
    IMO, no matter how things are handled with each case...when someone makes a move like that, that is in direct violation of a set of rules, they put the person on the enforcement side of things in a difficult spot and that can mean they have no choice but to act in accordance with the rules they have.

But I am not going to pretend to know all the details.

So when they said that cheating specifically would not be handled on a case by case basis, but instead would be permanent banned with their zero tolerance policy, they were lying?

fwhesyexfog6.png

That would be one case, not every "cheater" is "cheating" in that way.

Let me clarify, his case was different than what you are quoting, the 3rd party crystal sites are another.... there are many different things going on and not all of them are the same and may not have happened recently, when policies may have changed

I’m saying this to @Kyno the poster and not the mod...because I think you choose to be a mod when it suits you or CG best. CG is a disgrace and you need to stop. If you’re a mod, then do it quietly and stop being a CG sycophant. We’ve had this conversation before and we will continue to have it. I guess your reaction will tell me what version of you I’m talking to.

Just want to see if I get a notification for quote tagging myself.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yotommy
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Plot twist : CG and Ahnald have teamed up to release Galactic Legends : Empire Strikes Back Gary

#justiceforAhnald #CGshowyourself
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Hmmm think he's going to delete his own post for violations of Terms of Service everyone is so strongly defending? "This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions." The post seems both sarcastic and off-topic, as well as calling out someone in the forums which is also specifically against the terms of service.

Pot, meet kettle.

I think we can all agree that if we fully enforced the Forum Guidelines to the letter this conversation wouldn't even be here. In all honesty 99% of the violations we have removed are profanity.

Discussions like this are hard and we try to do our best to let it happen and keep things somewhat in line.

Dont worry I know I am the worst person in the world, I have come to terms with that. That doesnt mean we can have a constructive conversation about this.

They didnt ban his main account (I know it's been said multiple times but people still come here with "unban him", which is not totally accurate).

From my understanding they did communicate why this is going on when it happened with him directly.

IMO, no matter how things are handled with each case...when someone makes a move like that, that is in direct violation of a set of rules, they put the person on the enforcement side of things in a difficult spot and that can mean they have no choice but to act in accordance with the rules they have.

So when they said that cheating specifically would not be handled on a case by case basis, but instead would be permanent banned with their zero tolerance policy, they were lying?

fwhesyexfog6.png

Let me clarify, his case was different than what you are quoting, the 3rd party crystal sites are another.... there are many different things going on and not all of them are the same and may not have happened recently, when policies may have changed

You said cases of cheating are handled on a case by case basis, which 100% contradicts what CG said.

The account in question clearly cheated, as CG called them “bad battles”

I’m not seeing how that doesn’t fall under cheating and requires their stated zero tolerance policy with a permanent-ban.

Is that quote from after that policy was stated?

Sorry, I misspoke, I meant all cases as there are non cheating that are still issues like the one we see here, and other things like the 3rd part crystal issue (which is where that statement was made to us, not directly about cheating) and previously we were told things were handled that way, in some cases.
  • Options
    Is CG going to ban all the people that use modding services, since that is also account sharing?

I hope so

And why is that?

keep up, buddy

Haha. You amuse me. Let us ban those who wanted to have a better in-game experience, you mean? That’s what I see. Seems you don’t think of the wider picture. ;)
    Stay loyal to CG, buddy.

Thinking of the wider picture, choosing not to ban those using a modding service would be very hypocritical. Hacks, 3rd party crystals, and pirated gift cards can also provide someone a better in-game experience. That’s a very poor standard to use as a rule enforcement policy. The point is consistent application of the rules, if you’re going to think of the wider picture that is.

I mean sure... if people using the modding service are dumb enough to open a bug report with CG on an account that isn't theirs......

lol

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF said it's true, so it must be.

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Pot, meet kettle.

fwhesyexfog6.png

I’m saying this to Kyno the poster and not the mod...because I think you choose to be a mod when it suits you or CG best. CG is a disgrace and you need to stop. If you’re a mod, then do it quietly and stop being a CG sycophant. We’ve had this conversation before and we will continue to have it. I guess your reaction will tell me what version of you I’m talking to.

Please feel free to talk to me without name calling if you would like to have a constructive conversation. You can take note that neither version of me will ever do that.
  • Options
    Free Ahnald
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kountkajh wrote: »
    CG told Ahnald to choose what week he wants to be banned and it will be a one week ban

So I guess if Ahnald goes along with it - he’s no different than the people he was complaining about

CGultra knows all. Lol
    That’s the word of mouth in some discord servers idk if it’s true

QFE...of snark :P
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    Options
    https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/

Feedback email for disney. Theres a link for apps and games. Have at it folks.
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options
    TVF said it's true, so it must be.

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Pot, meet kettle.

fwhesyexfog6.png

I’m saying this to Kyno the poster and not the mod...because I think you choose to be a mod when it suits you or CG best. CG is a disgrace and you need to stop. If you’re a mod, then do it quietly and stop being a CG sycophant. We’ve had this conversation before and we will continue to have it. I guess your reaction will tell me what version of you I’m talking to.

Please feel free to talk to me without name calling if you would like to have a constructive conversation. You can take note that neither version of me will ever do that.

That is true you have left my posts up which have been critical of you, but I'm not one to spew name-calling or anything.
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    Options
    ☝️before it gets deleted.
  • Options
    CG, you will receive zero funds from me until AhnaldT has been freed. He provides an aspect of the game that you fail to do, and is essential to the community at large. Halt all aggression now!

(This is NOT a call to stop spending)

So wait... lack of original playable content going onto 1.5 years doesn't get you to close your wallet? But a loud youtuber dumbly self reporting a TOS violation and getting -one- of his multiple accounts banned gets your dander up?

Lol fanboys.....
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options

I hope so

And why is that?

keep up, buddy

Stay loyal to CG, buddy.

I mean sure... if people using the modding service are dumb enough to open a bug report with CG on an account that isn't theirs......

lol

How people are caught is a totally different topic. Posting evidence on YT makes it pretty easy, yeah?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    So wait, @Kyno , if there are different levels (ways of) cheating then why is this ONE particular case of account sharing the one they focus on? Why can’t this ONE case be handled differently and transparently? I mean CG knows the difference between transparent and opaque right?

Manipulating the apk is the same as 3rd party crystals or any other form of cheating. Cheating in any form = cheating. Cheating = perma ban. I don’t understand why CG would want to muddy this seemingly straightforward approach to cheating? So instead of keeping “rules” transparent they can make them opaque (bend) when they chose.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @ZAP I just wanted to add that what I meant by case to case basis, is that this situation is not the same as the cheater being referenced. I out them all together as they are all handled by the same group, but many of the cases are vastly different.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    @CadoaBane Do you think CG should negotiate with cheaters?
    No, cheaters who were caught to use cheating devices should be banned permanently. What does the one thing have to do with the other?

Watch Arnold’s video in full.

He even put in a screenshot where a member of CG is offering a deal with a cheater.

That is the big issue I have, not the ban of Arnold’s shared account.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So wait, Kyno , if there are different levels (ways of) cheating then why is this ONE particular case of account sharing the one they focus on? Why can’t this ONE case be handled differently and transparently? I mean CG knows the difference between transparent and opaque right?

Manipulating the apk is the same as 3rd party crystals or any other form of cheating. Cheating in any form = cheating. Cheating = perma ban. I don’t understand why CG would want to muddy this seemingly straightforward approach to cheating? So instead of keeping “rules” transparent they can make them opaque (bend) when they chose.

Please feel free to direct message CG_LucifersDaddy and discuss the differences with him.

We also dont know when that conversation was vs the policy change they announced.

Did they focus on it or did he put it in front of them in an indisputable way that forced them to deal with it?
  • Options

I hope so

And why is that?

keep up, buddy

Stay loyal to CG, buddy.

lol

How people are caught is a totally different topic. Posting evidence on YT makes it pretty easy, yeah?

It's the same topic. A lot of people here are calling out CG for inconsistent rule enforcement. Saying things like "your not banning X for modding sevices, your not banning Y for shared/sold accounts." My guess is they are not actively monitoring for either of these TOS violations, but when specifically brought to their attention with evidence, they take action. I do know that of the accounts on my arena shard that have been reported for suspected cheating or account transfers, the only one that disappeared permanently was the one that we provided evidence of it being a sold account.