June Road Ahead?

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Neil wrote: »
    Hi CG Devs, If the road ahead is definitely coming in June why didn't we get a date, Or has it got potential be cancelled again at the end of June!!!

It's out for approvals, which is probably why they dont give a date, things like that take time and may bring about changes that also take time. So to put a date on it when its out of their control to hit that mark would likely be a bad idea. Stuff happens, but people rarely understand that.

It's probably been sent to @CG_RyDiggs so he can pen up something saucy...
    Chained since '16
  • Options
    the only thing that needs to be out for approval is CG announcing @CG_LucifersDaddy no longer works for the company.

[/quote]

It's out for approvals, which is probably why they dont give a date, things like that take time and may bring about changes that also take time. So to put a date on it when its out of their control to hit that mark would likely be a bad idea. Stuff happens, but people rarely understand that.[/quote]

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hi CG Devs, If the road ahead is definitely coming in June why didn't we get a date, Or has it got potential be cancelled again at the end of June!!!

It's out for approvals, which is probably why they dont give a date, things like that take time and may bring about changes that also take time. So to put a date on it when its out of their control to hit that mark would likely be a bad idea. Stuff happens, but people rarely understand that.

In my experience most people understand that stuff happens. That’s what good solid communication is for. I know you think cg communicates great and often, but that’s not the case.

So that's why we keep getting these threads and people saying it's not coming and all that, because they understand what was communicated last month?

I have literal never said that, but they do communicate regularly, and according to the schedule they set.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AverageTed wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

This combined with the reactions here proves they should have never said there was a schedule to being with.

Or maybe expecting a company to know the future direction of their product and issue regular, frequent updates to their consumers about same is not unreasonable.

Why frequent? And what is considered frequent with the development cycle that a game like this at this point in its life has?

They used to communicate less often in bigger chunks, but changed that to post more frequently....
  • Options

In my experience most people understand that stuff happens. That’s what good solid communication is for. I know you think cg communicates great and often, but that’s not the case.

So that's why we keep getting these threads and people saying it's not coming and all that, because they understand what was communicated last month?

I have literal never said that, but they do communicate regularly, and according to the schedule they set.....

Allow me to finish for you, since you left the ellipsis: .... without saying anything at all.
    Chained since '16
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Allow me to finish for you, since you left the ellipsis: .... without saying anything at all.

Pretty sure they have said alot. You not liking what they say doesnt change the fact that they said it.
  • Options

This combined with the reactions here proves they should have never said there was a schedule to being with.

Or maybe expecting a company to know the future direction of their product and issue regular, frequent updates to their consumers about same is not unreasonable.

Why frequent? And what is considered frequent with the development cycle that a game like this at this point in its life has?

They used to communicate less often in bigger chunks, but changed that to post more frequently....

Because maintaining regular contact with an active consumer base is a good way to foster goodwill amongst your players. They are objectively bad at communication compared to other games. That isn't even debatable.
  • Options

Pretty sure they have said alot. You not liking what they say doesnt change the fact that they said it.

Kyno, I believe you've been playing this as long as I have. We both know their communication has been lackluster since the beginning. It's a common issue that rears it head all the time. Just because they deem us worthy of a few vague banal posts every now and again, doesn't mean we have real dialogue happening. "But, but, they said words!" Gimme a break.
    Chained since '16
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Any chance of you replying to questions in the Ahnaldt thread regarding what CG has said?

There is zero chance, because he knows nothing and they tell him nothing.
    Chained since '16
  • EmpressOrgana
    218 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Is the June Calendar right? No DSGeoTB until June 30th?

Uh... Yes. Usually the next TB wouldn't start until early July. Having it on the 30th is early, if anything

Uh... you're quoting my post from May 20th. They updated the May calendar and added a TB on the 30th.

D'oh. Sorry about that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Because maintaining regular contact with an active consumer base is a good way to foster goodwill amongst your players. They are objectively bad at communication compared to other games. That isn't even debatable.

I agree with what you said, but you didnt answer my question.

Also other games like this are not at this age, things do change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Frequent based on what? What is the number of daily unique visitors and the number of threads like this?

You keep parroting “just because you don’t like what they say doesn’t mean they are not saying anything”...

Please, show us these great informative messages they have posted. More than a pack or toon thread. Their last QA was a nothingburger about content or bugs and mostly about art.

Sorry, but a bunch of empty posting means nothing. Maybe you prefer quantity over quality.

Here is another example of you saying the same thing “They have been communicating over the last 6 months, there are actually quite a few statement from them. They may not be saying what the players want to hear, but that doesnt mean they are not communicating.”

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-

• Options
    Road ahead: you will be banned.
    Road ahead: no new content for a year because
    Road ahead: We don't know what we are doing
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Kyno, Im tired of the age comment. Reason would dictate:
    age would be great for SWGOH due to the amount of star wars lore that that can pull from so content for years released at a steady pace.
    age would be great because the studio have worked out the kinks in their communication chain
    age would be great because they have a big player base, with opportunity to grow due to more Star Wars media coming.
    age would be great because they have a set plan along with a back up plan in case plan A fails.

Saying age is a reason for the huge delay in content SCREAMS they have a problem with their "framework" or "spaghetti code" that they have denied. A game that is in the 1 billion dollar category should NOT have all the issues that we are currently dealing with(looking at you unending loyalty, lack of content, horrible GL event, disappearing buttons, giving cheaters special treatment, lack of communication, great artwork, laggy gameplay, etc etc...) The reason we have all these issues is purely mismanagement on an epic scale.

They even stated they failed in 2019...and now...over half way into 2020, we are in the EXACT same position as we were then...its sad really.
  • Options

What question? How frequent specifically? There is absolutely no reason why they could not be interacting with the community on a weekly, if not daily, basis. That doesn't mean a Road Ahead type post. There are a ton of ways they could interact with us to present a more human face, to gauge feedback on potential developments, update us on progress , to respond to hot topics etc.

Tell us 'bad' news too! If you've decided to stop work on a new raid, dont wait for a Q&A, just let us know now. Let us know why and what the focus has been turned to. Even if people don't appreciate the news they will at least appreciate being engaged with and treated like valued customers.

It is, and I don't mean this as a knock on you at all, but it is farcical that the closest we have to any sort of official response on anything is just yourself posting here despite events of the last 48 hours. That isn't your job. It *is* there job.

They know the community was already tetchy because of a lack of new content, delays in the Road Ahead, and their most recent update which read to many of us like a whole lot of "no" to a whole lot of things we'd been asking for. They then take a decision (right or wrong) which they knew would inflame tensions and....silence.

That ain't good enough. Nor is being weeks late with what is simply a glorified press release about the future direction of the game.

• Options

Things do change, but I think the way that CG has handled this Road Ahead post just seems like the "Years to come" plan is quickly turning into "a couple months left" plan. I'm not trying to suggest that's true, but that's the perception I get. People are starved for content because they continue to push their planned communication back. Yes, they may have had a few posts in between communicating a character or ship coming to the game. But that wont tide over the game's population. I really hope you're right and the road ahead comes out in the next week. The community needs it.
  • Options
    Guys, we need to try and give Kyno a break. They are literally the only communication we get from CG, and surely doesn't know all the answers. If we alienate them, we all will be stuck twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the actual, official announcement and Road Ahead (and hopefully the new content to follow by the end of the year).

Kyno, I know that your main job is to calm us down and moderate us, but at this point, only an official announcement on any one of the current issues in the game will stop the "rioting". I only hope that this communication comes soon, or the anger will only grow.

We need answers on what has happened to the "year of content" that was promised. The game is boring, and new character events only last a few days at a time. We need this raid they were working on, or new PvE modes that will be a long-term grind, or SOMETHING.

Please, PLEASE give us something to do in game.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm enjoying this thread. Maybe even more than the Ahnald thread, although admittedly that may just be due to the impossible task of keeping up with it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Guys, we need to try and give Kyno a break. They are literally the only communication we get from CG, and surely doesn't know all the answers. If we alienate them, we all will be stuck twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the actual, official announcement and Road Ahead (and hopefully the new content to follow by the end of the year).

Kyno, I know that your main job is to calm us down and moderate us, but at this point, only an official announcement on any one of the current issues in the game will stop the "rioting". I only hope that this communication comes soon, or the anger will only grow.

We need answers on what has happened to the "year of content" that was promised. The game is boring, and new character events only last a few days at a time. We need this raid they were working on, or new PvE modes that will be a long-term grind, or SOMETHING.

Please, PLEASE give us something to do in game.

Semantics, is all Kyno play with. Reading treads after treads, he isn’t calming anyone down like you said. Thank god this is only a game and not real life interpersonal commitments. Neither he answers any concerns. He simply argue, trying to prove some people opinions wrong. An opinion is based on perception. Saying someone’s perception is wrong, is dismissing what has caused this said perception. Nature of the beast! Cheers Kyno
  • Options
    So, we’re getting new stuff in August, right?

Wouldn’t count on it
  • Options
    So, we’re getting new stuff in August, right?

Wouldn’t count on it

Never said which August...
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying this thread. Maybe even more than the Ahnald thread, although admittedly that may just be due to the impossible task of keeping up with it.

Solid contribution as always

Thank you!

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH