Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    GroovieR wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    @Ravens1113 I know the complaints (mostly) aren't about Ahnolds account. What it is about is a facetious outrage over what some deem as inconsistent and spotty enforcement of the TOS. This outrage is mostly fueled by speculation, rumors, and few facts. Its perfectly fine if you dont like this game and its perfectly fine if you express your displeasure. But what appears to be an outrageous story and discriminatory actions more than likely is far from the truth. We live in an age of deliberate conflagrations of emotions and truths and this game is not immune from it. All the years I have played this game I've never been treated with anything other than courtesy when I've had an issue and been more than compensated when deprived of something. I love the game but hate the raw emotions running rampant through the forums with little semblance to truth.

Try to step out from your bubble and check for the patterns. Not too difficult to see.

I go by personal experience not hearsay
  • Options
    Wow look what just popped up on my google trending right now. Looks like CG is letting this get out of hand. They really need to respond to the community about all this and most importantly about the cheating because this will pick up so much traction it could tank them. https://gaming-fans.com/2020/06/swgoh-capital-games-the-screw-up-of-galactic-proportions/
  • Options

I go by personal experience not hearsay [/quote]

I actually agree with you kokie that we should listen to both sides and factor in personal experience. I’ve been treated well too. And I’d love to hear CG say, we didn’t use our TOS to bully a YouTuber who said negative things about us and we’ve reached out to the individual to discuss the situation.

But they haven’t done that or anything else and I think the silence is something we should consider too.
  • Options
    This could very well be the end. Maybe that's their plan because that's the only one that makes sense based on their actions or lack there of.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Wow look what just popped up on my google trending right now. Looks like CG is letting this get out of hand. They really need to respond to the community about all this and most importantly about the cheating because this will pick up so much traction it could tank them. https://gaming-fans.com/2020/06/swgoh-capital-games-the-screw-up-of-galactic-proportions/

This is the second time this article has been posted. It is NOT a mainstream website. It's a small site dedicated to 4 or 5 similar games. It's not the 6o'clock news.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

This is the second time this article has been posted. It is NOT a mainstream website. It's a small site dedicated to 4 or 5 similar games. It's not the 6o'clock news.

Nope not the news at any hour. But its getting bigger, not smaller. More people are talking about it each and every day. Disney is a huge company that hates scandal, if enough people scream loud enough who knows what could happen.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Nope not the news at any hour. But its getting bigger, not smaller. More people are talking about it each and every day. Disney is a huge company that hates scandal, if enough people scream loud enough who knows what could happen.

Perhaps. But citing this article does not prove that.
  • Options

Well unfortunately I work for a living so I had no idea it was trending twice lol and yes Mr let me be a smart well you know......... I understand it isn’t the 6 o’clock news. Just posting what was trending on my google feed ;) plus it doesn’t matter how small a site is. Have you ever dropped a pebble in the lake before? Ever noticed how far the ripples go? That pebble was dropped and we are seeing those ripples reach areas that we had never seen them reach before.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Well unfortunately I work for a living so I had no idea it was trending twice lol and yes Mr let me be a smart well you know......... I understand it isn’t the 6 o’clock news. Just posting what was trending on my google feed ;) plus it doesn’t matter how small a site is. Have you ever dropped a pebble in the lake before? Ever noticed how far the ripples go? That pebble was dropped and we are seeing those ripples reach areas that we had never seen them reach before.

First person to post the article said something like "outsiders are picking up on it." Not the case based on the article (which I read).

I get what you're saying, but you've only shown your own feelings, but no proof that it's as big of a deal as some would make it out to be.
  • Options

First person to post the article said something like "outsiders are picking up on it." Not the case based on the article (which I read).

I get what you're saying, but you've only shown your own feelings, but no proof that it's as big of a deal as some would make it out to be.

Multiple other you tubers outside of our game has made videos on it. On reddit it’s getting ready to be the top main views and on Twitter it’s gain a lot of steam. Like I said I work a lot and the only way I know these things is from trending stories on my google page. I never get SWGOH news on my google trending. So if I’m getting it now then it’s definitely picking up steam. But who am I to argue with someone with so much vast resources and knowledge of this situation. Your the all knowing so I’ll let you be ;) lol

• Options
    They could have solved this pretty quickly by just giving back the test accounts to the good youtubers promoting the game. They are just too stubborn to admit they messed that up. Sure, they give deserved criticism to toons that didn’t pan out, but are also quick to give big praise to the ones that do.

Just a strange move by cg.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Multiple other you tubers outside of our game has made videos on it. On reddit it’s getting ready to be the top main views and on Twitter it’s gain a lot of steam. Like I said I work a lot and the only way I know these things is from trending stories on my google page. I never get SWGOH news on my google trending. So if I’m getting it now then it’s definitely picking up steam. But who am I to argue with someone with so much vast resources and knowledge of this situation. Your the all knowing so I’ll let you be ;) lol

Do you know how google works?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

This is the first time anything that’s happened in this game has garnered this much attention outside the small bubble of SWGOH.

You can stay in your own little bubble and play hear no evil, see no evil, but there’s traction here like never before and it’s about time.

Maybe, but still haven't seen proof. All I said was that article is from a small group dedicated to this a couple other games. That's a fact. If you can show me where it's making big news, then do so.
  • Deejtastic
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @LegacyKillaHD is paying attention.

This dude has four times as many subscribers as Ahnald, hates mobile games and did a 15 minute video about this.

I think it’s fair to say this is a bigger story than anything I’ve seen with this game.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Deejtastic wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MEZtSyyg_8g

This dude has four times as many subscribers as Ahnald, hates mobile games and did a 15 minute video about this.

I think it’s fair to say this is a bigger story than anything I’ve seen with this game.

He hates mobile games, but we should value his opinion on a mobile game? K.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

This is the first time anything that’s happened in this game has garnered this much attention outside the small bubble of SWGOH.

You can stay in your own little bubble and play hear no evil, see no evil, but there’s traction here like never before and it’s about time.

Maybe, but still haven't seen proof. All I said was that article is from a small group dedicated to this a couple other games. That's a fact. If you can show me where it's making big news, then do so.

This doesn’t need to make the major networks to be news and I realize responding to you is pointless, but I’ll give it a shot.

It has definitely been covered by SW you tubers with over 600k subs that had a big part in putting pressure on EA to make the changes they did with BF2.

It may have been too little too late with BF2, but I have hope that it’s not with this game.

You tubers are siding with a fellow youtuber. Got it.

And it didn't help with bf2. Got it.
  • Options

Wasn’t saying you had to listen to or value his opinion. just saying that this is in fact expanding beyond the normal people who talk about swgoh. You can think he’s full of it, I was just pointing out others are talking about the story.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Wasn’t saying you had to listen to or value his opinion. just saying that this is in fact expanding beyond the normal people who talk about swgoh. You can think he’s full of it, I was just pointing out others are talking about the story.

Ahnald has a friend... and the friend sees a way to get a lot of views and maybe new viewers. Does everyone really think these guys do this for us? They are in business just like CG. Neither cares for any of us outside of making a buck. I'm in no way against ppl making money, but come on, don't be so foolish as to think anyone actually cares about you.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    EA has not given one **** about players for a long time. Theyve finally went too far. Hilarious. How stupid can you be to **** off the biggest name in the game.

I mean, EA has not cared one bit about cheaters, messed up shards, unfair TW matches, rolling out completely trash content. But hey....lets permently ban the biggest spender and name in the game. What trash.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Ahnald has a friend... and the friend sees a way to get a lot of views and maybe new viewers. Does everyone really think these guys do this for us? They are in business just like CG. Neither cares for any of us outside of making a buck. I'm in no way against ppl making money, but come on, don't be so foolish as to think anyone actually cares about you.

I truly, 100% believe Ahnald enjoys playing this game and this community and also enjoys making money doing what he enjoys.

I truly, 100% believe that is not the case for a lot of employees at CG.

Based on what? Ahnald is able to portray an image and connect with his audience. You know absolutely nothing about the average CG employee except what you choose to imagine of them. It's all about perception, unless you take a minute to step back and look at reality.
  • Options
    Jayrod wrote: »
    I posted this in the subreddit and thought it is worth discussion here....
    [Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with EA/CG, just a guy who likes this game and the community surrounding it.]
    Am I crazy for thinking that especially during this time when we are all expressing our opinions about SWGoH, and changes that should happen, let’s take a moment and reflect:

We have had fun with this game. That means we have connected with the producers and developers on one level or another. Their product has brought us enjoyment. It has taken many of their team members countless hours to deliver this experience (sometimes frustrating as it might be). This has allowed a community to form and a relationship to build.

CG has changed their operations and made decisions without consulting the community. Not a big shocker there as we have no operational oversight. At least they are still operating; meaning the studio has not shutdown, been sold, etc.

The changes that we, the community are passionately advocating involve a fundamental cultural shift at EA and CG. A shift from profit-centric decisions to people (employees, customers, community)-centric ones. An example I recently heard: Does a company need profit to function? Yes. As a human do I need air to function? Yes. However, every decision I make is not focused on more air. As this game has proven, there is an abundance of ‘air’ available for CG to ‘breathe’.

True cultural change only happens when leadership changes, and no I’m not saying that the leadership (TopHat) at EA/CG needs to be replaced. They can grow, evolve, adapt to the changing gamer trends. Your move EA....your move.

Thank you @AhnaldT101 for creating content! Your passion for the game and community is second to none. My family (4 SWGoH players in my home) has been F2P since day one and have many fond memories of watching your channel to change our strategies. I truly hope that CG will choose you and the value you add, over their policies. After all, they have already set a precedent of bending policy for a valued relationship.

The phrase that continues to rattle around in my mind is: beware confirmation bias. The prevailing bias in our community towards EA/CG is that of injustice, betrayal, distrust. If we are honest with ourselves, is the information that we choose to research, the communication (vids, messages, etc.) we are exchanging furthering that sense of injustice, betrayal and distrust?

Have we even tried to empathize with the decision-makers at EA/CG?

Have we examined our own motives before slandering theirs?

Have we been a community worth listening to?

I know that I want to be part of the solution and I’m pretty sure this community feels the same. Let’s keep looking for ways to meaningfully engage with each other and EA/CG so that trust can be restored.

So, am I crazy? Looking forward to your thoughts.

AMEN brother
  • Options

You said the article was from a small group dedicated to this and a couple other games, I was just pointing out that it has in fact spread to people who don’t care about this game at all.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, just trying give you evidence.