Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    If Ahnald is upset about selective enforcement of the TOS then he needs to report others that are doing what he was doing so they can also be banned. (CubsFanHan) Ahnald has said multiple times that he knows other people that do what he was doing (CubsFanHan). If he truly wants the TOS applied equally to everyone, then he should be naming names to help CG ban TOS breakers and apply the rules equally. Not naming names only hurts CG’s ability to enforce the TOS and shows that Ahnald doesn’t actually want the TOS applied equally. Ahnald, please stop enabling TOS breakers (CubsFanHan) and tell CG who they are so the TOS can be applied equally, as you requested.
  • Options
    Am a big fan of Arnold and whilst I understand the need for using the kraken account you can see why it has been banned. To not ban it would have been unfair to the few people who have been banned first this offence.
    The thing that makes me uneasy is the huge prices they charge for in game micro transactions whilst allowing players to get away with cheating! For me it amounts to theft on a grand scale if they are unable to guarantee the integrity of the game.
    If you add in the insane powercreep meaning that each new release will cost over a £1000 to get to 7* and gear up to meet the requirements or spend so long F2P farming that it is outdated by the time you get to it then things look even bad.... then add the complete lack of playable content for the majority of players over the last year....then add the constant bugs and crashes.... it really does start to look like a #%₩! Show.
    This whole episode will be extremely costly for CG and in turn EA... I myself am somewhere between a whale and a kraken in terms of spending but since the crazy kylo buff I have spent nothing on this game...in fact in terms of weekly spend I have saved a couple of hundred already...add this up across many players doing the same and it will soon be noticed! we can only hope that it has a positive long term effect on the game and that CG pulls its finger out finally
  • Options
    Just for the FUN I looked up the psychological meaning of remaining silent.
    Unfortunately I can't put up a voting system here, but I which option of silence CG is demonstrating here?

Silence has a bad reputation. Think about the frustration people feel when they think they are given the silent treatment. But silence can have many meanings.

Silence can be a way of communicating. Here is what it can say:

1. Go on, I’m listening
    Being silent when the other is talking can mean that you are giving them the conversational space to better express themselves. It can mean that you are focusing your attention on their thoughts and feelings and you are not just waiting for them to stop so that you can start talking. This is especially helpful in case of those who are clarifying their thoughts while speaking.

2. Let me think about it
    Some people are more reflective and they need time to properly consider an issue from many angles. Introverts in particular are fond of silence, since it gives them the time they need to sort their feelings and thoughts.

3. I’m glad we can share this
    Watching a sunset in silence, reading a book next to somebody or quietly listening to music can increase the sense of connection we have with our loves ones. The intimacy built though shared silences can be as wonderful as those built through communication.

4. I don’t want to talk about it
    Not every silence has a positive meaning. Sometimes, being silent can indicate the refusal to discuss something that could lead to conflict. There are situations when being silent means you deny that there’s a problem. Or you want to postpone discussing it for when the you feel more courageous.

5. OK, do your own thing now
    Being silent can mean being respectful of the other’s creative process. When somebody else is engaged in concentrating on a difficult task, the last thing they need is some annoying noise messing up their concentration.

6. I refuse this situation completely
    Another less productive way to use silence is to disengage from a discussion or situation. This kind of silence indicates that you don’t have anything to add to the conversation, that you refuse to participate to it, because you find the conversation pointless or revolting in a way or another.

But when this becomes a pattern, it can lead to a breakdown in communication and therefore to an imminent end of the relationship.

(source: https://upvee.co/6-meanings-behind-silence/ )

• Options
    Well I guess CG is playing the "Remain Silent Strategy" because they believe the real impact of the problem is far less than it appears on our side.
    Given the fact that 5 days have passed w/o CG response we can assume it is a deliberate decision that is approved by CG TOP management.
    Do not forget: CG has a huge advantage on us, the community; they have a full and continuous view on the game and player's performance: they see the activity both in game and purchasing decisions so can measure impact day by day, hour by hour.
    The community can only be strong if they (we) are consistent with what we say and what we do.

And so if you listen to Ahnald himself he is propagating something alongside the line of making something good and future building out of the situation: make the game better, make the community better.

Therefore this forum should be about ideas, activities, actions and proposals, not ranting and personal attacks that lead nowhere...
  • DK_Raid_Violator
    244 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Logging on daily to forums to check if anything has happened since the day before
    • Have CG come down hard on cheaters? Status: FAIL
    • Have they distanced themselves from previous deals with cheaters? Status: FAIL
    • Have they banned all the known account sharing services (bots) and their users? Status: FAIL
    • Have CG responded at all? Status: FAIL
    • Have CGs top been fired by EA/Disney? Status: FAIL
    • Is there any non-pack content? Status: FAIL

My status: spending mode if OFF
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    @Ravens1113 I know the complaints (mostly) aren't about Ahnolds account. What it is about is a facetious outrage over what some deem as inconsistent and spotty enforcement of the TOS. This outrage is mostly fueled by speculation, rumors, and few facts. Its perfectly fine if you dont like this game and its perfectly fine if you express your displeasure. But what appears to be an outrageous story and discriminatory actions more than likely is far from the truth. We live in an age of deliberate conflagrations of emotions and truths and this game is not immune from it. All the years I have played this game I've never been treated with anything other than courtesy when I've had an issue and been more than compensated when deprived of something. I love the game but hate the raw emotions running rampant through the forums with little semblance to truth.

This. Actually provide factual 100% accurate information with ALL details (not just what one sides wants you to believe.) Kyno has already commented on additonal information being available in other forums. So even though that still will not bring out 100% of the detail, people should reference it along with Ahnalds version of events.

Finally 2 acronyms...GDPR & PII.

• Options
    Just for the FUN I looked up the psychological meaning of remaining silent.
    Unfortunately I can't put up a voting system here, but I which option of silence CG is demonstrating here?

Funny thing, i was lamenting on the very same thing. If we drop the wikipedia just for the point then i think there can be 3 possible and valid meaning of their silence (feel free to add another one if you find any)

So first this silence can be a self-condifent, comfortable silence meaning this is all going as expected.
    The second can be a paralyzed silence when they simply cannot adress this situation as the fire is consuming everything and they have no idea where to fight it first.
    And thirdly this silence could be an obedient silence which was ordered from above.

I really cannot think of any scenario that couldnt be sorted into one of those. Scary part is, these scenarios might have different impact on the long term future, but on the short term i see only bad and worse scenarios for the community.
  • Options
    @Ravens1113 I know the complaints (mostly) aren't about Ahnolds account. What it is about is a facetious outrage over what some deem as inconsistent and spotty enforcement of the TOS. This outrage is mostly fueled by speculation, rumors, and few facts. Its perfectly fine if you dont like this game and its perfectly fine if you express your displeasure. But what appears to be an outrageous story and discriminatory actions more than likely is far from the truth. We live in an age of deliberate conflagrations of emotions and truths and this game is not immune from it. All the years I have played this game I've never been treated with anything other than courtesy when I've had an issue and been more than compensated when deprived of something. I love the game but hate the raw emotions running rampant through the forums with little semblance to truth.

If cg came out and made a comment some, if not most, of the outrage would be controlled. I think you are also missing the point that for most people this is just the final straw and it's about a perceived double standard.
  • Options
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

If cg came out and made a comment some, if not most, of the outrage would be controlled. I think you are also missing the point that for most people this is just the final straw and it's about a perceived double standard.

But would it though? I think any comment from CG at this point would just reignite things. This will burn itself out eventually. I assume this is CG's view on the matter.

How do you defend the indefensible. Silence, I guess.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5wXne-UL-Q

Saw this on my playlist. It used to be fun, laughing abt then Revan meta. Where are we now? Where r all the memes?

Sigh...
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Wow look what just popped up on my google trending right now. Looks like CG is letting this get out of hand. They really need to respond to the community about all this and most importantly about the cheating because this will pick up so much traction it could tank them. https://gaming-fans.com/2020/06/swgoh-capital-games-the-screw-up-of-galactic-proportions/

This is the second time this article has been posted. It is NOT a mainstream website. It's a small site dedicated to 4 or 5 similar games. It's not the 6o'clock news.

Well unfortunately I work for a living so I had no idea it was trending twice lol and yes Mr let me be a smart well you know......... I understand it isn’t the 6 o’clock news. Just posting what was trending on my google feed ;) plus it doesn’t matter how small a site is. Have you ever dropped a pebble in the lake before? Ever noticed how far the ripples go? That pebble was dropped and we are seeing those ripples reach areas that we had never seen them reach before.

First person to post the article said something like "outsiders are picking up on it." Not the case based on the article (which I read).

I get what you're saying, but you've only shown your own feelings, but no proof that it's as big of a deal as some would make it out to be.

This is the first time anything that’s happened in this game has garnered this much attention outside the small bubble of SWGOH.

You can stay in your own little bubble and play hear no evil, see no evil, but there’s traction here like never before and it’s about time.

Maybe, but still haven't seen proof. All I said was that article is from a small group dedicated to this a couple other games. That's a fact. If you can show me where it's making big news, then do so.

This doesn’t need to make the major networks to be news and I realize responding to you is pointless, but I’ll give it a shot.

It has definitely been covered by SW you tubers with over 600k subs that had a big part in putting pressure on EA to make the changes they did with BF2.

It may have been too little too late with BF2, but I have hope that it’s not with this game.

You tubers are siding with a fellow youtuber. Got it.

And it didn't help with bf2. Got it.

I’m not sure what your point or agenda is, but it’s clear you just don’t get it.

It absolutely helped with BF2 from the players perspective. I’m not sure why EA cancelled continuing support for that game, but after all he backlash from the community, EA and Dice made a 180 and the community was very happy with what they did and had fun and are still having fun with the game and respect and appreciate both Dice and EA for their changes and improvements.

If the community is able to affect change from EA/CG and things start happening positively for the community like what happened with BF2, I hope you come back here complaining how everyone is now happy and enjoying the game and you have no one to make fun of, that will be a fun day.

Dont feed a troll
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    r7whyfgxb4u5.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    The truth...

The truth is that Ahnald account couldn't be a P2P account anymore simply because of the restrictions that were beyond CG whatsoever. You may easily check the other topic on the forum, there are more for sure.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230171/cant-buy-crystals

So basically what happened here is that Ahnaldt turned himself in by reporting this "bug" (which wasn't a bug, just a consequence of restrictions towards Chinese accounts). And, objectively speaking, they didn't have much of a choice (since it was obvious breaking of TOS, practically self-reported).

Was the comunication handled poorly? For sure.
    Did he deserve no communitcation from CG whatsoever? I guess - not. He is influential enough to respect him, so If I were in charge I would have send him a clear message why it's done.

On the other hand - I know that it's very easy to see the world black and white, but I guess that he was informed already why he got banned - yet I'm under impression that it serves him better to hit the "martyr" and "victim" note...
    Of course - negotiating with cheaters is awful and shouldn't take place, the community is handled poorly - I agree with all that.

But I think there's a lot of misinformation and his "ban" is taken way too emotional when, as a matter of fact, his "kraken account" woudn't be "kraken" anymore no matter what (so even if "unbanned" it wouldn't serve it's former purpose)
  • Options
    The truth...

The truth is that Ahnald account couldn't be a P2P account anymore simply because of the restrictions that were beyond CG whatsoever. You may easily check the other topic on the forum, there are more for sure.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230171/cant-buy-crystals

So basically what happened here is that Ahnaldt turned himself in by reporting this "bug" (which wasn't a bug, just a consequence of restrictions towards Chinese accounts). And, objectively speaking, they didn't have much of a choice (since it was obvious breaking of TOS, practically self-reported).

Was the comunication handled poorly? For sure.
    Did he deserve no communitcation from CG whatsoever? I guess - not. He is influential enough to respect him, so If I were in charge I would have send him a clear message why it's done.

On the other hand - I know that it's very easy to see the world black and white, but I guess that he was informed already why he got banned - yet I'm under impression that it serves him better to hit the "martyr" and "victim" note...
    Of course - negotiating with cheaters is awful and shouldn't take place, the community is handled poorly - I agree with all that.

But I think there's a lot of misinformation and his "ban" is taken way too emotional when, as a matter of fact, his "kraken account" woudn't be "kraken" anymore no matter what (so even if "unbanned" it wouldn't serve it's former purpose)

Pretty sure he stated in his video that the account was not from China. So where do your "facts" come from?
  • Options
    It s like you go to the bank and say “hey i have this credit card which is not mine but it doesnt work anymore, can you fix it ?” Then the bank just takes your card and dont give it back to you anymore and then you cry
  • Options

Pretty sure he stated in his video that the account was not from China. So where do your "facts" come from?

1)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hg7zDMtd-U

Check 1:10

2) Because the same happened to him that happened to the guy that posted on the orignal forum
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    I go by personal experience not hearsay

What do you call other people's personal experience...

Oh that's right---hearsay.

Then tell me what they ever did to you that was evil and wrong?
  • Options
    It s like you go to the bank and say “hey i have this credit card which is not mine but it doesnt work anymore, can you fix it ?” Then the bank just takes your card and dont give it back to you anymore and then you cry

In a practical sense - the comparison is spot on.
    Now it is my guess, but before the official restrictions it wasn't the issue, and even if CG was aware of that - the account sharing was too common. But if the restrictions were official and imposed by the law... Ok, they might be blamed for poor communication. But not much for ban itself...
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

But would it though? I think any comment from CG at this point would just reignite things. This will burn itself out eventually. I assume this is CG's view on the matter.

How do you defend the indefensible. Silence, I guess.

Can defend the "indefensible" by preparing a resolution before communication, preferably one that benefits more YouTubers other than anhald. Like, "hey we have one week to bring back test accounts" for example.
  • ShadowHunterI3
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I am betting they address part (but not all) of the outrage in the next Road Ahead.

But, it would help the community if CG were to simply say "We have heard what the community has said. We will be addressing it in the next Road Ahead. Expect it next week! (or say 2 weeks/3 weeks if that is when they anticipate releasing it.)

If they simply sit on this for another few weeks without addressing it, things might get a little out of control. I like the game and don't want to see it end. And I have spent a large amount in the past (I have GL Rey and almost GL Kylo), but I don't feel comfortable spending anymore if the game is about to end...

*Added note: I am okay with Ahnald's second account being banned as it does breach the TOS, however the negotiations with cheaters is really troubling to me.
  • Options
    I think some ppl still confuse a few things,the ban on his account was legit and had to be done,granted again needs more communication about it from cg part,devs need to stop just banning ppl without giving a reason behind it of sorts.

The big problem is the cheating that blatantly is going on and ofc the ongoing issues of 0 Communication,0 updates-content,still no road ahead(so they dont know still what they plan to do?i thought they had a 5 year plan),so ofc all that build up and it was about **** time the community awakens and do something about it.
  • Options

Again I believe he said he had crystals disappear from the account, not that he couldn't make purchases.
  • Godrah
    28 posts Member
    Options
    I have never seen a community, customer base more mismanaged and ignored than here over the past year or two. Before it was not great but at least there was some trying on their end but instead of trying to do better they said F’em. The new head guy in charge never even just popped in to say hi and introduce himself. Not sure if Crumb just doesn’t do his job or if CG won’t let him. If someone needs to create a case study on how not treat their community and customer base this would be good for you. Buck up CG and act like you have some sense
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Again I believe he said he had crystals disappear from the account, not that he couldn't make purchases.

No, he said that he couldn't purchase crystals because they disappeared from the store.
  • Options

No, he said that he couldn't purchase crystals because they disappeared from the store.

I rewatched the video. You are correct, my bad.
  • Options

No, you might have misunderstood him, he explains it in this video, you may check yourself

zs9n86hk4at5.jpg
  • Options

No, you might have misunderstood him, he explains it in this video, you may check yourself

zs9n86hk4at5.jpg

I did.