Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    OnlyZule wrote: »
    Still no word from CG. Making a statement of som kind seems so simple.

If they haven't by now, they never will.

Whats more important is the delay on the Road Ahead.

The continued delay, spells it out quite clearly.

They KNOW it will be a dissapointment, and thats why they are dragging this out until the end of the month, they don't want to compromise the JKL sale.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    s3bisesdgc23.jpeg

I love seeing these from people who aren't paying attention
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    s3bisesdgc23.jpeg

How so?? His latest video shows him debating himself if he should get Luke or not.
    A guy who didn’t spend before and had low clicks and then started whaling and found he got more views when he unlocked the latest characters and started making money from those views and now his side paycheque is gone. Now he is upset.
    He had to switch gears and create controversy to keep those clicks rolling.
    He broke the rules end of story.
    The guy still plays the game.
    Still talks trash only because he’s upset.
    If CG did what he wanted and allowed him to make purchases on the account he purchased from someone else he would be telling you to buy the new Luke and that he’s going to be great lol.
    Point I want to make is, if you still like the game then play on. Who cares what others say.
    If you don’t like it then stop playing.
    Pretty simple.
  • Options
    s3bisesdgc23.jpeg

How so?? His latest video shows him debating himself if he should get Luke or not.
    A guy who didn’t spend before and had low clicks and then started whaling and found he got more views when he unlocked the latest characters and started making money from those views and now his side paycheque is gone. Now he is upset.
    He had to switch gears and create controversy to keep those clicks rolling.
    He broke the rules end of story.
    The guy still plays the game.
    Still talks trash only because he’s upset.
    If CG did what he wanted and allowed him to make purchases on the account he purchased from someone else he would be telling you to buy the new Luke and that he’s going to be great lol.
    Point I want to make is, if you still like the game then play on. Who cares what others say.
    If you don’t like it then stop playing.
    Pretty simple.

Did he have a video talking about being conflicted on what to do? Yep

But in his latest video from yesterday he states he is not going for Jedi Luke and he urges others not to spend.

Should he gets his account back? Nope. Shouldn't have spent that money on an acquired account either. I get why he did that, but in my opinion he should have known better.

Is he fanning the flames because he is upset and wants to create controversy around the game? Sure.

Is the real issue here about bargaining with cheaters and giving them the right to choose when their suspension is carried out? Absolutely.

My point was that your commentary was a day late and a dollar short.
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Options
    I will never spend another cent on this game. Getting ready to walk away tbh.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    I will never spend another cent on this game. Getting ready to walk away tbh.

did you put on your socks and shoes?
  • Options
    Well they were blasting the game for the last year. CG followed their rules and why would they wanna cut slack to someone constantly being negative about them.

Ian, hopefully will stay away from the 4 kings of gloom. I can watch some content videos without the negative ****. Come here to enjoy the game. No games perfect especially the ones with massive playerbases. Take fortnite for example half its loyal playerbase got hosed last night.

Dont be blind and get out of your little bubble....
  • Options
    Recurve wrote: »
    When you purchase something in almost every other aspect of life you own what you purchased and can give it to a friend or family member.

A car a house any tangible good but it also applies to digital goods.

Digitally if you download a song you can legally copy it and make a copy for your kid or a friend to listen to. That's when there is a actual good (the data of the song being downloaded) but it also applies to rights and subscriptions for example even netflix let's people share subscriptions now. If I have a subscription my wife or kids can log in and use my access. If that happened in swgoh technically we would lose the account and all the money we put into it if they ever found out I was sharing with my kid.

Imagine having to explain to a 6 year old why CG took away his access to his game because he shared it with his dad or brother after he spent all his birthday money and all his allowance building his collection up. Then turn around and telling the boy to share with his brother and friends after that experiance.

Technically lots of things are a certain way tos and such but that doesnt make them "right"

Except when you rent something or pay for services. You are paying to use something that is owned by someone else, and these come with terms of service that if you break you normally lose said product.
    An example would be having a gym membership and letting someone else use it at the same time, this is against gym TOS and will result in you getting banned from the gym.

In SWGOH you are playing the game under licence and agree to the TOS from CG. At no point do you own the game or the content within it. You pay to unlock extra content but you still do not own it and if you break TOS then it will get taken away.

The rent angle huh. I wasn't aware we all are renting characters and gear I thought purchase character means I'm actually purchasing the character otherwise it should day rent for 3 months or something like that.

Do we also rent gear?

How much is the monthly rent for your characters and gear?

If there is a one time payment and you get to keep the character and use the character for the life of the account that would empirically be considered a sale not renting. Renting is when you pay for continued access to something. Swgoh has no monthly rent due so your angle seems very weak and based on faulty logic.

If we are renting these items ahouldnt we have a monthly rent payment?

No we dont have monthly rent dues. We make a one time payment for obtaining the items - then all of those items can be taken away if we share what we purchased even with a family member... seems wrong.
  • Options
    I was thinking of quitting this game with the GLs being essentially impossible for a F2P character. Then they announce Jedi Knight Luke, who is a reskinned mace Windu, now I hear about this? I don’t know if I can keep up with it all. I’m probably quitting this game soon
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking of quitting this game with the GLs being essentially impossible for a F2P character. Then they announce Jedi Knight Luke, who is a reskinned mace Windu, now I hear about this? I don’t know if I can keep up with it all. I’m probably quitting this game soon

I had a Marvel Strike Force account, but might give that game another try. Logged into my old account and couldn't believe all the free stuff that was in my inbox, an their arena payouts go back 7 days.
  • Options
    Analdt made his last video about MSF
    Looks like he is disgusted and give up covering SWGOH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    You guys do realize that you can get your $$ back that you've invested in the game right?

For example, you have clear proof that CG has stated that they have a 0 tolerance with regards to cheating, yet they turn around and negotiate with cheaters.

Message one of the developers and ask for your money back because you feel like you are being cheated. Google play and apple store have a policy in their terms of service with developers that they must reply within 3 days, if they don't (which they wont) you'll get a refund.....i just got my $6000 invested in the game returned to me.

Just saying, all this complaining on here won't do anything, hit them where it hurts.....their wallet.

You're welcome everyone. 😊

Lol did you spend all that recently?
  • Options
    Thank you for putting the final nail into the coffin of why I wouldn't spend another dollar on this game. Your treatment of your player base and FREE promotion is deplorable.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    This thread won't die CG. Stop negotiating with cheaters, apply TOS even handedly and apologise!
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    You guys do realize that you can get your $$ back that you've invested in the game right?

For example, you have clear proof that CG has stated that they have a 0 tolerance with regards to cheating, yet they turn around and negotiate with cheaters.

Message one of the developers and ask for your money back because you feel like you are being cheated. Google play and apple store have a policy in their terms of service with developers that they must reply within 3 days, if they don't (which they wont) you'll get a refund.....i just got my $6000 invested in the game returned to me.

Just saying, all this complaining on here won't do anything, hit them where it hurts.....their wallet.

Lol did you spend all that recently?

Over the last few years.
  • Options
    Lol already a kit update with JKL, but no reply to anything else going on!
  • Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »

That seem cruel.
    I hope everybody will do it <3

Can't wait to get my $15 back

a9wia2c2dm47.gif
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options

I’m a F2P player and I can tell you it isn’t impossible to get ONE GL. I only need 4 more Finalizer events to unlock the final requirement.

It’s slow. Boring grind for gears, hoarding guild/TW/TB currency until the right gears came up.

But certainly not impossible.

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Borat wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    When you purchase something in almost every other aspect of life you own what you purchased and can give it to a friend or family member.

A car a house any tangible good but it also applies to digital goods.

Digitally if you download a song you can legally copy it and make a copy for your kid or a friend to listen to. That's when there is a actual good (the data of the song being downloaded) but it also applies to rights and subscriptions for example even netflix let's people share subscriptions now. If I have a subscription my wife or kids can log in and use my access. If that happened in swgoh technically we would lose the account and all the money we put into it if they ever found out I was sharing with my kid.

Imagine having to explain to a 6 year old why CG took away his access to his game because he shared it with his dad or brother after he spent all his birthday money and all his allowance building his collection up. Then turn around and telling the boy to share with his brother and friends after that experiance.

Technically lots of things are a certain way tos and such but that doesnt make them "right"

Except when you rent something or pay for services. You are paying to use something that is owned by someone else, and these come with terms of service that if you break you normally lose said product.
    An example would be having a gym membership and letting someone else use it at the same time, this is against gym TOS and will result in you getting banned from the gym.

In SWGOH you are playing the game under licence and agree to the TOS from CG. At no point do you own the game or the content within it. You pay to unlock extra content but you still do not own it and if you break TOS then it will get taken away.

The rent angle huh. I wasn't aware we all are renting characters and gear I thought purchase character means I'm actually purchasing the character otherwise it should day rent for 3 months or something like that.

Do we also rent gear?

How much is the monthly rent for your characters and gear?

If there is a one time payment and you get to keep the character and use the character for the life of the account that would empirically be considered a sale not renting. Renting is when you pay for continued access to something. Swgoh has no monthly rent due so your angle seems very weak and based on faulty logic.

If we are renting these items ahouldnt we have a monthly rent payment?

No we dont have monthly rent dues. We make a one time payment for obtaining the items - then all of those items can be taken away if we share what we purchased even with a family member... seems wrong.

Rent is not the right word but close to what is actually happening. You don't actually "Own" what you buy as if the game shuts down it is gone. Your "renting" it to use in the game until the game is no more. Own is incorrect as well as you don't own anything. CG owns your account, you are just allowed to use it and can purchase items to use to enhance your game. In a nutshell, you don't own anything in this game and can pay to play or play for free but make no mistake, CG tells you what you can or can't do with the account and all you have "purchased".

You can figure out your "rent" by dividing what you spent by the months played if you want. or 0 if you are free to play.

If the reason for losing the account is the games doesnt exist then ok.

Here the game still exists so that comparison is a false equivalency be cause they just ban people for using what those people have legitimately purchased over a technicality.

What if someone uses bluestacks and a phone and CG says they think the player is sharing the account and CG bans the account?

U think that's fair? Technically ots against the TOS to use more than one phone or device to access your account but people get new phones all the time. Each time we do we risk losing our account. If we dont upgrade then our device becomes not supported and we lose the account.

Knowing your constantly at risk of losing your account makes people less likely to spend but however CG wants to proceed they can it's their game.
  • Options

That seem cruel.

Can't wait to get my $15 back

a9wia2c2dm47.gif

Lol
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options

That seem cruel.

Hmm. I hope this is real.
  • Options
    Hi, yes...good evening Holotable Heroes!

Just a gentle reminder that we still don't have a Road Ahead post.

That is all. Have a pleasant evening.
  • ChemEng303
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Still no official response or action from CG? Figures. That's a real shame. Definitely time for us all to vote with our dollars, by not giving them any more.
  • Options
    100% no more spending on my part. The new "content" update post is just laughable, we changed a backdrop and here's some packs oh and fixed a couple bugs 10/10 content can't wait to use... My... Rost... Oh wait I still can't use my roster for any of this
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Why would cg respond to someone about someone else’s account? Serious q
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    ChemEng303 wrote: »
    Still no official response or action from CG? Figures. That's a real shame. Definitely time for us all to vote with our dollars, by not giving them any more.
    What if they did post an official response, that read:

“We cannot discuss any individual cases”.

Would that appease the pitchfork brigade?
  • Options
    I think we all more want an answer as to why if that's breaching ts and C's which lets be fair it is, why are peempo etc still aloud to log into peoples accounts and remod them for a paid service, also Carrie said many moons ago that this was okay. We just want answer to the pot kettle scenario going on or at least they could respond to ahnald.