ZAP wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    @Kyno

And in a few more threads too. I found multiple instances where people are talking to you and they keep quoting you saying “his hands are tied”.

You dont remember?
    Potato211 wrote: »
    MooPoo wrote: »
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

They have not lied yet, so no.

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

Were things more transparent before?
    Talking (posting memes) more =/= transparency.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.

Nothing personal, but you have said that more than once.

In other threads I believe this was in a different context and not referring to Crumb, but I would have to see it.

Yes I did found my comment from earlier.

Still slightly different context, but yes I said it.

Perhaps then some elaboration on which context his "hands are tied", and which his hands "are not tied"?

They're obviously not tied for puzzles, but evidently they are tied for just about any other meaning discussion or communication.

Or does this need to go to yet another committee to answer?

The referenced quote in thia thread where I said that was in a general sense, referring to the restrictions and red tape he has to get through in some cases. If that is going to be used in any specific cases it is out of context....

In specific posts that have more details and I have used that phrase, you can see when we are told that it's not that simple and things cant always be shared or detailed or released when we would all like to see it.

I'm sure he has an idea of things he can and cannot discuss, go ahead and direct message him for that conversation.

Aside from the puzzle, crumb hasn’t talked with players in a long time.

I have and know several players who have messaged him without a single response.

The only one he talks to is you.

Well now I feel special.... but that's not true, he does talk to other players too.

Now this post makes sense since we’ve figured out you have been crumb all along, since you do talk to players all the time.

The funny part is that I almost made that joke in response to this. I had a line that was (let me go log into my other account)....

But seriously, he has a much better beard than I do.

I'll be the judge of that

post your picture
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Maybe this was my assumption.

Wasnt RA suppose to be released with Jedi Luke? Even if they want to match the new SW game the trailer and release was announced wasn't it?

So what are they waiting for? And they have so much to address about

- why Jedi Luke no revel tag (there was a dev insight for this but don't know if they said why no rebel tag...)
    - what about Arnold 's acc? Or sharing acc in general?
    - what about the cheaters? Are they doing something about it?
    - what are the new contents that are coming? What happen to ship raids etc? Are they cancelled for good?
    - what about the game modes that had been requested?

So many questions, that is why this RA IS IMPORTANT. If nothing is addressed... I seriously hope they have a plan to keep the player base.

Hope you know RA is not a Q/A and it has little to do with various community concerns, it's merely about future development path.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    @Kyno

And in a few more threads too. I found multiple instances where people are talking to you and they keep quoting you saying “his hands are tied”.

You dont remember?
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.

In other threads I believe this was in a different context and not referring to Crumb, but I would have to see it.

Perhaps then some elaboration on which context his "hands are tied", and which his hands "are not tied"?

They're obviously not tied for puzzles, but evidently they are tied for just about any other meaning discussion or communication.

The referenced quote in thia thread where I said that was in a general sense, referring to the restrictions and red tape he has to get through in some cases. If that is going to be used in any specific cases it is out of context....

In specific posts that have more details and I have used that phrase, you can see when we are told that it's not that simple and things cant always be shared or detailed or released when we would all like to see it.

I'm sure he has an idea of things he can and cannot discuss, go ahead and direct message him for that conversation.

I have and know several players who have messaged him without a single response.

Well now I feel special.... but that's not true, he does talk to other players too.

Now this post makes sense since we’ve figured out you have been crumb all along, since you do talk to players all the time.

The funny part is that I almost made that joke in response to this. I had a line that was (let me go log into my other account)....

But seriously, he has a much better beard than I do.

I'll be the judge of that

post your picture

Haha, I just imagine thousands of dart boards being resurfaced.
  • Options
    @Kyno

You dont remember?

Now that would be an interesting poll:

If you’ve sent a DM or email to crumb, has he responded to you.

Yes or no

No
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Maybe this was my assumption.

Wasnt RA suppose to be released with Jedi Luke? Even if they want to match the new SW game the trailer and release was announced wasn't it?

So what are they waiting for? And they have so much to address about

- why Jedi Luke no revel tag (there was a dev insight for this but don't know if they said why no rebel tag...)
    - what about Arnold 's acc? Or sharing acc in general?
    - what about the cheaters? Are they doing something about it?
    - what are the new contents that are coming? What happen to ship raids etc? Are they cancelled for good?
    - what about the game modes that had been requested?

So many questions, that is why this RA IS IMPORTANT. If nothing is addressed... I seriously hope they have a plan to keep the player base.

U dont need a RA for answers

- why Jedi Luke no revel tag (there was a dev insight for this but don't know if they said why no rebel tag...) because he might beat a galactic legend if they gave him rebel tag

- what about Arnold 's acc? Or sharing acc in general? It's against tos and they dont ban everyone who shares.... just the sharers who also criticize them in public.

- what about the cheaters? Are they doing something about it? They are negotiating a deal right now.

- what are the new contents that are coming? What happen to ship raids etc? Are they cancelled for good? New packs are on the way, raid is postponed, raid wasn't cancelled it was postponed until they make it.

- what about the game modes that had been requested? They sound expensive to make and unprofitable and no one really wants them anyways. What people really want packs. We are dedicating our art team to design really cool looking packs.
  • Options
    Many would say, "The road behind is longer than the road ahead.."
  • Options
    Let’s face it the only new content that will be added for the rest of the year is new characters that will require you to spend big money to unlock because they look and see what the most under used characters in the game are and say hey make them G13 and relic these guys to u lock this so we can make some money.
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Many would say, "The road behind is longer than the road ahead.."

In this case, waiting for the road ahead is taking longer than the road behind.
  • Options
    The June road ahead will be released in December thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    This new crew in CG are not TBE cream of the crop to say the least. They are good for a couple things.....game bugs and pay walls. I have heard from a reliable source EA is looking I to all that has been going on with CG lately.
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    BryceHutas wrote: »
    This new crew in CG are not TBE cream of the crop to say the least. They are good for a couple things.....game bugs and pay walls. I have heard from a reliable source EA is looking I to all that has been going on with CG lately.

Well if they issue reports to EA, like they issue reports to us...
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

What pay walls?

Everything in the game is possible to obtain for free.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

What pay walls?

lmao I don't come to the forums much but what kind of apologist bologna is this? The game is designed to extract money by artificially limiting the pace at which you accumulate resources. This is a fundamental principle of designing and monetizing mobile games. It's absurd to act like this is not the case. The game is almost nothing but paywalls at this stage, whether in the form of money or time, and the evidence is right there in the packs and bundles that they make sure to bring to your attention daily. A mobile game doesn't just accidentally gross $1 billion. There is intent behind the design.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    TurbyV wrote: »

What pay walls?

lmao I don't come to the forums much but what kind of apologist bologna is this? The game is designed to extract money by artificially limiting the pace at which you accumulate resources. This is a fundamental principle of designing and monetizing mobile games. It's absurd to act like this is not the case. The game is almost nothing but paywalls at this stage, whether in the form of money or time, and the evidence is right there in the packs and bundles that they make sure to bring to your attention daily. A mobile game doesn't just accidentally gross $1 billion. There is intent behind the design.

It's not "apologist bologna," it's just the truth. So yes, the game is designed to make money, but every single character in this game is obtainable without spending any money at all. There are exactly zero paywalls ever.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

What pay walls?

It's not "apologist bologna," it's just the truth. So yes, the game is designed to make money, but every single character in this game is obtainable without spending any money at all. There are exactly zero paywalls ever.

Time is money, buddy. Get that through your head. Is grinding away at Hard Nodes for 3 stun cuffs a day "entertainment" to you? Is that a fun way to spend time in a game? No. That's not what anyone comes to SWGoH for. The devs create time-based limitations and offer a paid route to circumvent them. There's no reason to be so stingy on drop rates except that they want to make it easier to pay for the quick upgrade than to spend your valuable time to grind for it. Then they create "content" in which they target the characters that are the most underused in the game and create requirements to gear them up. They specifically pick the characters that will take the most time to meet the event requirements, even when they don't make sense. That is a paywall. If you don't see that, you're either naive, dishonest, or too rich to notice.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    A paywall is something everyone has to pay for to get through. Just because you can't get through or don't like it doesn't make it a paywall.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

What pay walls?

Time is money, buddy. Get that through your head. Is grinding away at Hard Nodes for 3 stun cuffs a day "entertainment" to you? Is that a fun way to spend time in a game? No. That's not what anyone comes to SWGoH for. The devs create time-based limitations and offer a paid route to circumvent them. There's no reason to be so stingy on drop rates except that they want to make it easier to pay for the quick upgrade than to spend your valuable time to grind for it. Then they create "content" in which they target the characters that are the most underused in the game and create requirements to gear them up. They specifically pick the characters that will take the most time to meet the event requirements, even when they don't make sense. That is a paywall. If you don't see that, you're either naive, dishonest, or too rich to notice.

I don't think you understand what a paywall is. For reference, it is something that cannot be obtained in any way, shape, or form without spending money. This game doesn't have any of that.
  • Options

What pay walls?

I don't think you understand what a paywall is. For reference, it is something that cannot be obtained in any way, shape, or form without spending money. This game doesn't have any of that.

I think you dont understand that if it takes a year to obtain that character without paying and in a year that character will be obsolete then yes it is a paywall since without paying you can not be competitive.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

What pay walls?

I think you dont understand that if it takes a year to obtain that character without paying and in a year that character will be obsolete then yes it is a paywall since without paying you can not be competitive.

No, I understand, but that is not a paywall. You got that character without paying, so it was "free." And every time there are examples of people getting these things first run without paying, because none of them are paywalled.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What pay walls?

That may be your definition of a paywall, but that doesn't fit the definition of the word:
    1p4133oes7k9.jpg
    Also with the competitive game modes we have in GAC and TW, many toons are still relevant after a year. Also many toons are achievable in under a year for free with a focused plan.
  • Options

What pay walls?

That may be your definition of a paywall, but that doesn't fit the definition of the word:
    1p4133oes7k9.jpg
    Also with the competitive game modes we have in GAC and TW, many toons are still relevant after a year. Also many toons are achievable in under a year for free with a focused plan.

How about we look at the % of people that actually get to enjoy what has been put out. How many people as a percentage of the total game population is getting to interact with this event? Now that would be an interesting fact of the day. Please break those numbers down for us on a tier basis. I’m curious.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »

What pay walls?

1p4133oes7k9.jpg

How about we look at the % of people that actually get to enjoy what has been put out. How many people as a percentage of the total game population is getting to interact with this event? Now that would be an interesting fact of the day. Please break those numbers down for us on a tier basis. I’m curious.

That has nothing to do with whether something is behind a paywall or not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well actually... It’s not technically a paywall if you don’t have to pay. Webster defines a paywall as....so as you can see I’m actually technically right.

Actually it's not actually a paywall, because its literally free......
  • Options
    Yeah right...free 😂😂😂
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

What pay walls?

1p4133oes7k9.jpg

Now this would be interesting.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Well actually... It’s not technically a paywall if you don’t have to pay. Webster defines a paywall as....so as you can see I’m actually technically right.

so free that everyone can decide for themselves whether they can try it with g12 or relikt1 or not. so free that in any case overpriced packs come to get the chars to 7 * quickly. Incidentally, everyone should have a 7 * vader at the level, just in case you missed it. so why splinters from him. oh forget the relic packages. and because we are already there, so free that everyone must have at least r3, but r5 is recommended. congratulations to the money suckers in the company.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

What pay walls?

1p4133oes7k9.jpg

You can do that, but the event has just started. If I recall correctly, it was 15k for jkr, 11k for dr, 9k for malak and 5-6 k for gas the first run. It's good to note Luke's meta desirability is much lower compared to any of these that were instantly meta though. I autod tier 1, does that count as interaction?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stefkai1 wrote: »

so free that everyone can decide for themselves whether they can try it with g12 or relikt1 or not. so free that in any case overpriced packs come to get the chars to 7 * quickly. Incidentally, everyone should have a 7 * vader at the level, just in case you missed it. so why splinters from him. oh forget the relic packages. and because we are already there, so free that everyone must have at least r3, but r5 is recommended. congratulations to the money suckers in the company.

Unfortunately saying "everyone should" just shows a slighted view on what's going on in this game 9r towards the company running it.

Not everyone has been playing for years, when they release a toon, they realize that and offer packs that may offer value to players in different situations. By no means does anyone need to buy them to play the game.

Yes this game is run by a company that is designed to make a profit. Yes this game is designed to have a pace and offers ways for players to speed up progress.

The game is free, anyone can make the choices for them selves to buy these packs or not. To some they see a value in doing so.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I think the paywall and gated terms are frequently confused in this community. This event is certainly gated.