Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    "Solid character but unfortunately nothing special."

Speaks volumes about the state of the game

Time and time again - players have been very wrong about characters based on kit reveals

I remember when people thought SLKR would suck
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    botabu wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

At one point they denied this was an issue iirc.

Then suddenly in and Q and A they said it was

"There are no framework issues."

"We're working on the framework."

Which is it?

Fun fact - it can be both
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    IHL21 wrote: »
    IHL21 wrote: »
    Kyno didn't you say that the road ahead was out for approval last week?

I also said it didnt get back from approvals, at least not that I am aware of, I have been busy today.

From what you know, do you believe that we will see it this week?

Funny story.... it looks like it will "most likely" be pushed to next week.

Wait what?? They are going to start writting the road ahead next week? Any idea when it's released to the playerbase?

Also can we hve lots of stuff about art.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    How long does it take to write a document on word and post it. What have you all been doing for the past 3 months?

If only they had posted about what they have been doing for the past X months...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229551/road-ahead-construction-delays#latest

You are right, they should have posted about what they have been doing. The linked post gives no details, just we have been building tools?

What a whiteboard?

That's a days work to write a post saying we cant say anything.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno for every week we don't get a Road Ahead, you should ask Crumb to post a fun fact instead

Fun fact: CG is a 1 hour a month job
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Kyno please tell me you’re joking about the push to next week

You have no idea how much i wish i could. I was only told that it could be pushed out, not that it is at this point, but if that's even the way that discussion is going then it's likely to be pushed out.

Sure wish the community manager would tell us himself rather then playing this game of telephone.....no offense Kyno.

We have a community manager??? Where??? Lol

I know right? I want that 'job'.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    baked_qft wrote: »
    I can't believe another quarter is almost over, and we are only weeks away from the July Road Ahead! I know I am looking forward to it, the April Road Ahead this year was a bit of a letdown. Any sneak peaks you can offer us @CG_SBCrumb ?

On the bright side July's road ahead has to be better then June's.

That depends. Considering that they are apparently waiting until JKL event is over in fear that it would spoil the sales, any RA might turn out worse than no RA...

Not really. The RA is only going to be a here is what's coming....at this point saying everyone get ready and wait.... it cant get much worse than that.

Also the RA was written weeks ago at this point, it's not changing or anything like that, it's just not getting approved to be released right now due to internal reasons that cannot be fully shared, but revolve around the content itself, not the current situation.

If the following is true @kyno:
    - - road ahead is not going to change
    - - road ahead is not getting approved in the current state
    - - Road ahead cannot be released until approved

Then by your words it is not coming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    @Kyno

And in a few more threads too. I found multiple instances where people are talking to you and they keep quoting you saying “his hands are tied”.

You dont remember?
    Potato211 wrote: »
    MooPoo wrote: »
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

They have not lied yet, so no.

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

Were things more transparent before?
    Talking (posting memes) more =/= transparency.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.

Nothing personal, but you have said that more than once.

In other threads I believe this was in a different context and not referring to Crumb, but I would have to see it.

Yes I did found my comment from earlier.

Still slightly different context, but yes I said it.

Perhaps then some elaboration on which context his "hands are tied", and which his hands "are not tied"?

They're obviously not tied for puzzles, but evidently they are tied for just about any other meaning discussion or communication.

Or does this need to go to yet another committee to answer?

The referenced quote in thia thread where I said that was in a general sense, referring to the restrictions and red tape he has to get through in some cases. If that is going to be used in any specific cases it is out of context....

In specific posts that have more details and I have used that phrase, you can see when we are told that it's not that simple and things cant always be shared or detailed or released when we would all like to see it.

I'm sure he has an idea of things he can and cannot discuss, go ahead and direct message him for that conversation.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

Which is it?

Whoa - Two Fun Facts in one week!
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

Which is it?

Which is it?

it can be, but it's not
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    @Kyno

And in a few more threads too. I found multiple instances where people are talking to you and they keep quoting you saying “his hands are tied”.

You dont remember?
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.

In other threads I believe this was in a different context and not referring to Crumb, but I would have to see it.

Perhaps then some elaboration on which context his "hands are tied", and which his hands "are not tied"?

They're obviously not tied for puzzles, but evidently they are tied for just about any other meaning discussion or communication.

The referenced quote in thia thread where I said that was in a general sense, referring to the restrictions and red tape he has to get through in some cases. If that is going to be used in any specific cases it is out of context....

In specific posts that have more details and I have used that phrase, you can see when we are told that it's not that simple and things cant always be shared or detailed or released when we would all like to see it.

I'm sure he has an idea of things he can and cannot discuss, go ahead and direct message him for that conversation.

Aside from the puzzle, crumb hasn’t talked with players in a long time.

I have and know several players who have messaged him without a single response.

The only one he talks to is you.

Well now I feel special.... but that's not true, he does talk to other players too.
  • Options
    @Kyno

You dont remember?

I have and know several players who have messaged him without a single response.

Well now I feel special.... but that's not true, he does talk to other players too.

Can u elaborate on what makes the decision on to talk or not to talk. Is it money?

I saw him respond (last month) to a whale who couldnt log in within 10 minutes of them posting on forums but for everyone else who doesnt spend thousands we get crickets...
  • Teddygz
    106 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Kyno

You dont remember?

Now that would be an interesting poll:

If you’ve sent a DM or email to crumb, has he responded to you.

Yes or no

no
  • TVF
    36696 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Which is it?

Which is it?

it can be, but it's not

or isn't it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Which is it?

Which is it?

it can be, but it's not

or isn't it

not according to CG: "while this has worked until now, it doesn’t allow us to build fast enough to satisfy the demand for content"
  • Options
    Wonder when the road ahead “that was ready last Friday aside from a couple of approvals” will be dropped. One would think Monday would be a good time but....guess not. Must have to go through the same approval chain as the one that was used to get an answer about the TB selection possibilities.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Wonder when the road ahead “that was ready last Friday aside from a couple of approvals” will be dropped. One would think Monday would be a good time but....guess not. Must have to go through the same approval chain as the one that was used to get an answer about the TB selection possibilities.

Apparently whatever reviews were done prior to releasing Luke's kit weren't effective so they're already rewording it. Maybe that was in line in front of the road ahead on the proofreader's desk...
  • Options

Apparently whatever reviews were done prior to releasing Luke's kit weren't effective so they're already rewording it. Maybe that was in line in front of the road ahead on the proofreader's desk...

CG used Road Ahead Approval... It wasn't very effective...
  • Options
    How much longer do they need???? We're in the 2nd half of June now...
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    jman1234 wrote: »
    How much longer do they need???? We're in the 2nd half of June now...

The answer is simple, the Road Ahead will not drop because the JKL event hasn't started and isn't over.

Its going to be a tragic joke, which will dissuade people from spending on this "nothing special" JKL.

If it was worth anything it would be out by now, just to shut people up and restore people's faith, instead of making players take a long hard look elsewhere.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    All I see are packs
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

No, it was ready weeks ago, just not getting approved for mysterious "internal reasons".
    Nauros wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    baked_qft wrote: »
    I can't believe another quarter is almost over, and we are only weeks away from the July Road Ahead! I know I am looking forward to it, the April Road Ahead this year was a bit of a letdown. Any sneak peaks you can offer us @CG_SBCrumb ?

On the bright side July's road ahead has to be better then June's.

That depends. Considering that they are apparently waiting until JKL event is over in fear that it would spoil the sales, any RA might turn out worse than no RA...

Not really. The RA is only going to be a here is what's coming....at this point saying everyone get ready and wait.... it cant get much worse than that.

Also the RA was written weeks ago at this point, it's not changing or anything like that, it's just not getting approved to be released right now due to internal reasons that cannot be fully shared, but revolve around the content itself, not the current situation.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno

You dont remember?

Now this post makes sense since we’ve figured out you have been crumb all along, since you do talk to players all the time.

The funny part is that I almost made that joke in response to this. I had a line that was (let me go log into my other account)....

But seriously, he has a much better beard than I do.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe this was my assumption.

Wasnt RA suppose to be released with Jedi Luke? Even if they want to match the new SW game the trailer and release was announced wasn't it?

So what are they waiting for? And they have so much to address about

- why Jedi Luke no revel tag (there was a dev insight for this but don't know if they said why no rebel tag...)
    - what about Arnold 's acc? Or sharing acc in general?
    - what about the cheaters? Are they doing something about it?
    - what are the new contents that are coming? What happen to ship raids etc? Are they cancelled for good?
    - what about the game modes that had been requested?

So many questions, that is why this RA IS IMPORTANT. If nothing is addressed... I seriously hope they have a plan to keep the player base.
  • Options
    Nope, too expensive.