edited June 2020
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend, everyone ready for another round of:
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg

I'm ready to get stalled till Friday and then get told; "surprise it's coming in July!"

Does that count?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg

I must have missed the class where they taught that mocking the frustration of your customer base was a good thing.

https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So, I see a comment from Kyno, assume it's some relevant information since he's the only one giving us any, go to check it and see a mockery instead. Did you take a customer relations lesson from CG?
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg

I must have missed the class where they taught that mocking the frustration of your customer base was a good thing.

Kyno is a mod, we're not his customers. I have trust that his frustrations probably mirror our own if not even more than

We want it.

He wants it.

Difference is he's in a position of being powerless but also being everyones punching bag in the process.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    So, I see a comment from Kyno, assume it's some relevant information since he's the only one giving us any, go to check it and see a mockery instead. Did you take a customer relations lesson from CG?

Oh relax...he’s obviously joking. Plus he’s a volunteer, not an employee. If this came from Crumb, it would be a different story. You know, the Crumb that got beat down after his horrible Vader cosplay...that Crumb.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Oh relax...he’s obviously joking. Plus he’s a volunteer, not an employee. If this came from Crumb, it would be a different story. You know, the Crumb that got beat down after his horrible Vader cosplay...that Crumb.

I know he's a volunteer, but he's the closest thing we have to official communication now. And his post is still in pretty bad taste. At this point, not posting anything would have been better.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg

Lol thanks Kyno, jokes about something the playerbase is passionately craving, just about sums up EA's attitude towards this game.

That being said the "is it coming is it coming" is so tires now, it's most certainly dropping on Friday after JKL finishes up.

Hanging by on a thread here, honestly I don't know what could be in the road ahead that could change that. Multiple game modes, changes to challenges, a tweaking of the release cadence, maybe a new relic tier that doesn't require gear XII finishers to complete that brings a new ability, something ANYTHING to make the LS Geo TB more palatable. Doubt we will see any of that that though, because they are working on "art".

Have started playing and spending on another game an enjoying the heck out of it.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg

its sad that that's all we are not players, not fans "customers "
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, it was just a joke.

I'm in the same boat as all of you, just sitting here waiting for more information.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options

I know he's a volunteer, but he's the closest thing we have to official communication now. And his post is still in pretty bad taste. At this point, not posting anything would have been better.

Nah. I thought it was funny. I understand that he is our only line, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t joke around. All anger should be pointed at CG and Crumb.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Edison wrote: »
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg

Kyno is a mod, we're not his customers. I have trust that his frustrations probably mirror our own if not even more than

We want it.

He wants it.

Difference is he's in a position of being powerless but also being everyones punching bag in the process.

He has been chosen as their representative on this forum and the whole punching bag situation isn’t made any better by posts like this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Edison wrote: »
    fs9ko74u5crb.jpg

We want it.

He wants it.

He has been chosen as their representative on this forum and the whole punching bag situation isn’t made any better by posts like this.

While I appreciate what you are expressing, what you are saying is not accurate. Me passing information that I can pass is my choice. By no means have they decided or dictated or directed me to be the representative at any level other than a Forum moderator whose purpose is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

• Lvwolves1310
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    sorry dude you work for cg even if it is for free and this double standard is crap dont get to be cute and funny on one hand and also try to defend cg lack of everything but packs and delete half of what everyone posts your not with us your not one of us you are one of them dont forget that
    the letter b and s and blocked come on
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Can we get the Road Ahead later this week please? Or will it be delayed into next month? Can we get some communication around a timeline soon?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    ngl, it's pretty amazing to watch people be told something will come in June, then spend every. single. day. in June roaring their terrible roars and gnashing their terrible teeth in anguish, outrage and despair that each new day (again, in/still June) has not yet brung the RA. Then we get told it's ready and instead of feeling confidant and happy that it is, in fact, coming in June, see above and rinse repeat. It seems exhausting, but hey, do you, I suppose.

You mean the RA that was supposed to come in March and got pushed April, then pushed to May, then pushed to June, then was declared ready last Friday but needed approvals that came too late and would be ready Monday? Then would be ready sometime this week for reasons? Then had to be pushed to next week, the last week of june?
    That RA? Jeez why would anyone be upset over something thats been delayed more than 3 months, has been delayed even more for phantom reasons.

Except they never said the RA was going to come in March. They were quite clear that RAs will be released when there is something worthy to say and not be tied to arbitrary dates. So the whole complaint is premised on faulty assumptions about when it was originally "supposed" to be.

Except they did say the RA was coming in March
    "That’s it for this State of the Galaxy. We are planning on having another State of the Galaxy next month, followed by a Road Ahead in March."
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223017/state-of-the-galaxy-january-2020
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Soapm7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    ngl, it's pretty amazing to watch people be told something will come in June, then spend every. single. day. in June roaring their terrible roars and gnashing their terrible teeth in anguish, outrage and despair that each new day (again, in/still June) has not yet brung the RA. Then we get told it's ready and instead of feeling confidant and happy that it is, in fact, coming in June, see above and rinse repeat. It seems exhausting, but hey, do you, I suppose.

You mean the RA that was supposed to come in March and got pushed April, then pushed to May, then pushed to June, then was declared ready last Friday but needed approvals that came too late and would be ready Monday? Then would be ready sometime this week for reasons? Then had to be pushed to next week, the last week of june?
    That RA? Jeez why would anyone be upset over something thats been delayed more than 3 months, has been delayed even more for phantom reasons.

Except they never said the RA was going to come in March. They were quite clear that RAs will be released when there is something worthy to say and not be tied to arbitrary dates. So the whole complaint is premised on faulty assumptions about when it was originally "supposed" to be.

Except they did say the RA was coming in March
    "That’s it for this State of the Galaxy. We are planning on having another State of the Galaxy next month, followed by a Road Ahead in March."
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223017/state-of-the-galaxy-january-2020

Don’t worry, someone will spin it cuz you know, they did use the word “planning”.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    sorry dude you work for cg even if it is for free and this double standard is crap dont get to be cute and funny on one hand and also try to defend cg lack of everything but packs and delete half of what everyone posts your not with us your not one of us you are one of them

Thinking that it is us vs them is probably an issue that should be addressed in another thread. We all want a great game that we can enjoy, on both sides.

We as moderators remove Forum violations, it's not hard to post within those Guidelines.

Despite your view of me, you are 100% incorrect, I am 100% a player.

It is not a double standard, I am a full time player and volunteer on this Forum, that has never changed nor does it change anything about me being a player and not a dev or an employee.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    @Liath needs food badly.

The Valkyrie is about to die.

How's the food in jail?
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    It is so obvious that they delayed the RA because of luke event and possible economic impact on the latest shiny toy, I dont know why people are still talking about that.
  • Options
    If you think about it, it makes sense that they delay the road ahead until they have something meaningful to say. Can you imagine a road ahead 3 months ago? "Road ahead: 2 new ships, 3 new marquees and JKL. End of the road ahead".
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

Karen?
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    @Liath needs food badly.

The Valkyrie is about to die.

How's the food in jail?

Chicken with touch of soap. Yum!