Why go for Rey

Replies

• taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    So we don't get to see the magic? The domination? The supreme expertise? I mean --

I thought we would get a SHOW! I'm talking 61+ banners and at least 67 on fleet!

The pure devestation that is TVF in GAC.... awwww man, you had your chance to prove yourself....

To wow the masses! To blind our eyes with the dazzling display of pure untamed power!

You could have been a rock star man.... A ROCK STAR!

You let us down... deflated.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    @taquillasun

I didn’t read everything you just posted. Firstly, you posted like 5 times since my last post which I posted about an hour ago, 2 posts of which are super super long. Secondly, I saw all caps and just skipped the rest of it.

From what I skimmed, I gathered a couple things that I will respond to here:

I’ve stated multiple times in this thread that I have beat SLKR with full Resistance lineups multiple times, so you’re not teaching me anything by all the videos you keep posting. I’ve told you this. Which is why it seems like you’re seeking affirmation from me and others. Congratulations. You’re a good SWGOH PvP player.

SLKR has to have the Hux Zeta: sure, but he still wins against Rey Titans with full FO. Hypothetically speaking, let’s say a new version of Vader is released soon, “Lord Vader,” for argument’s sake, who works well under a SLKR lead. Let’s say SLKR/Hux/Sith Trooper/Malak/Lord Vader become the new best SLKR team. The only Rey composition that will be able to beat it is Rey/GK/GAS/JKR/JKLS... Rey with full Resistance most likely won’t be able to. Of course, this is hypothetical, but as I’ve always stated from the beginning of this thread, the main problem with Rey is the GAC / TW problem, not the arena problem.

Again, however, for the #BuffRey opposition, here is the question this thread raises that nobody seems to want to try to answer: if someone is starting their farms for Rey, SLKR, or JKLS from scratch today, why would anyone in their right mind choose to prioritize Rey first?

If you keep posting videos of you winning with Rey or barely winning with SLKR, I’ll just keep asking you the same question as long as it takes for you to comprehend the point of the thread.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    So we don't get to see the magic? The domination? The supreme expertise? I mean --

I thought we would get a SHOW! I'm talking 61+ banners and at least 67 on fleet!

The pure devestation that is TVF in GAC.... awwww man, you had your chance to prove yourself....

To wow the masses! To blind our eyes with the dazzling display of pure untamed power!

I've seen your GAC history, specifically your inability to beat Mal with Neg (somehow), so yeah.

But I'm not going to claim I'm a GAC master. I'm very good at building my roster, but I'm inefficient in my battles. I finish high most GAC (best Div 1 finish was 29, a few other top 200 finishes) but that's partly about my opponents. I make mistakes and I drop banners I wouldn't if I was the best GAC player. I'm not claiming I'm the best GAC player or the best SWGOH player, I have no idea where you got that idea, but there's no reason for me to stream my battles because I'm not claiming I'm something I'm not.

You shouted at some other guy, and when I pointed it out, you turned it into a childish comparison about who is better than GAC.

Since none of this is relevant to the thread, it will be my last post on it. Enjoy your Tuesday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Again, however, for the #BuffRey opposition, here is the question this thread raises that nobody seems to want to try to answer: if someone is starting their farms for Rey, SLKR, or JKLS from scratch today, why would anyone in their right mind choose to prioritize Rey first?

I'm happy with my Rey, especially since I added JKL and I need them both for TB. And I don't feel cheated by CG because I specifically chose Rey for TB, which is unchanged.

With that said, if I was starting the farm today, I'd choose Kylo.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I'm happy with my Rey, especially since I added JKL and I need them both for TB. And I don't feel cheated by CG because I specifically chose Rey for TB, which is unchanged.

I have bent the knee to the claim that the one good reason to go for Rey first is the TB reason, and I will bend the knee to that reason again.

But that is literally it.

Glad to see you bend the knee to the question posed by the thread.

• TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options

I have bent the knee to the claim that the one good reason to go for Rey first is the TB reason, and I will bend the knee to that reason again.

But that is literally it.

Glad to see you bend the knee to the question posed by the thread.

You don't need to be so dramatic, but I've said so more than once in this thread.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

You know you can go look at his GAC history right? Just because he isn't bragging about dosen't mean hes bad at GAC...
  • Options
    Hypothetically speaking, let’s say a new version of Vader is released soon, “Lord Vader,” for argument’s sake, who works well under a SLKR lead. Let’s say SLKR/Hux/Sith Trooper/Malak/Lord Vader become the new best SLKR team. The only Rey composition that will be able to beat it is Rey/GK/GAS/JKR/JKLS... Rey with full Resistance most likely won’t be able to. Of course, this is hypothetical, but as I’ve always stated from the beginning of this thread, the main problem with Rey is the GAC / TW problem, not the arena problem.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say a new version of Yoda is released soon, "Baby Yoda," for argument's sake, who works well under a Rey lead. Let's say Rey/Mandalorian/GK/NewFinn/Baby Yoda becomes the new best Rey team. The only SLKR team that will be able to beat it is SLKR/DR/Malak/GG/Traya...SLKR with full FO most likely won't be able to. Of course, this is hypothetical, but as I've always stated from the beginning of the forums, I can make stuff up too.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Another reason I can think of to go for Rey is the possibility that she is later needed for a new toon. You could make the same argument for Kylo, but Rey feels more likely to me (especially with the addition of JKL to the game). Pure "feels" on my part though.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Hypothetically speaking, let’s say a new version of Vader is released soon, “Lord Vader,” for argument’s sake, who works well under a SLKR lead. Let’s say SLKR/Hux/Sith Trooper/Malak/Lord Vader become the new best SLKR team. The only Rey composition that will be able to beat it is Rey/GK/GAS/JKR/JKLS... Rey with full Resistance most likely won’t be able to. Of course, this is hypothetical, but as I’ve always stated from the beginning of this thread, the main problem with Rey is the GAC / TW problem, not the arena problem.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say a new version of Yoda is released soon, "Baby Yoda," for argument's sake, who works well under a Rey lead. Let's say Rey/Mandalorian/GK/NewFinn/Baby Yoda becomes the new best Rey team. The only SLKR team that will be able to beat it is SLKR/DR/Malak/GG/Traya...SLKR with full FO most likely won't be able to. Of course, this is hypothetical, but as I've always stated from the beginning of the forums, I can make stuff up too.

That's actually a pretty good point

But I still wish GL Resistance could beat GL First Order with certainty
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

Once again, #BuffRey opposition refusing to address the point of the thread.

Why would anyone starting their Rey, SLKR, or JKLS farms today choose to prioritize Rey first?

Even though I acknowledge the LSGTB reason, that is still a weak argument. As has been stated, Rey going 4/4 is still a gamble. Sniper droids or Droideka can still 1 shot her at full HP and protection. I usually do 4/4 with her but not always. She isn’t required for any special missions. My guild hasn’t achieved any more stars in LSGTB because I added Rey to my roster. Her impact is frankly, marginal.

The real reason you’re dodging the point of the thread: because you know there’s no good answer.

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Another reason I can think of to go for Rey is the possibility that she is later needed for a new toon. You could make the same argument for Kylo, but Rey feels more likely to me (especially with the addition of JKL to the game). Pure "feels" on my part though.

Why go for Rey FIRST? Before SLKR and JKLS - that is the question.
  • Options

Why would anyone starting their Rey, SLKR, or JKLS farms today choose to prioritize Rey first?

Even though I acknowledge the LSGTB reason, that is still a weak argument. As has been stated, Rey going 4/4 is still a gamble. Sniper droids or Droideka can still 1 shot her at full HP and protection. I usually do 4/4 with her but not always. She isn’t required for any special missions. My guild hasn’t achieved any more stars in LSGTB because I added Rey to my roster. Her impact is frankly, marginal.

The real reason you’re dodging the point of the thread: because you know there’s no good answer.

<Responds directly to statement made in a post> "But why are you addressing that instead of something else????"

I never said there was a reason to for Rey over SLKR. I never said there wasn't a reason to give Rey a buff. I never said there was a reason to go for SLKR over Rey. I've responded specifically to incorrect (or ridiculous) posts.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

Because if Rey is needed (in my hypothetical example) it would be too late for me if I went for Kylo first.
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

I was on the same quest. Since I changed my modding (thx to the various videos posted/advice given on this thread) to achieve better survivability for Rey's friends (Prot on Triangle and Cross), I'm 4-0 against the same GL FO teams that I couldn't beat before with the same comp. So far, it seems consistent. The key is them to survive just enough so the damage immunity kicks in. Basically you whirlwind opposition one by one and time your ultimate when there is only Kylo left. It'd be low banners in GA, but it gets the job done ;)

I use RHs+Holdo+Finn, but I'd try to sub Finn out in order to keep him for another Res team.

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

<Responds directly to statement made in a post> "But why are you addressing that instead of something else????"

I never said there was a reason to for Rey over SLKR. I never said there wasn't a reason to give Rey a buff. I never said there was a reason to go for SLKR over Rey. I've responded specifically to incorrect (or ridiculous) posts.

So you’re cherry picking points taken out of context made during arguments between people other than yourself to respond to.

My hypothetical scenarios was designed specifically to address @taquillasun’s point that he had to use a full FO lineup against a Rey Titans squad to defeat it. My hypothetical scenario also makes far more sense than yours given the recent release of JKLS. If a JKLS counterpart is released, it will almost surely be Lord Vader. But yeah, when you extract my hypothetical argument out of the context of the conversation I was having with @taquillasun, it sounds ridiculous. Congrats on your fake news.

If you don’t want to participate in the actual discussion taking place, please post elsewhere.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

Because if Rey is needed (in my hypothetical example) it would be too late for me if I went for Kylo first.

If that occurs, maybe I won’t regret going for Rey. “If that occurs” being the key phrase there.
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

I was on the same quest. Since I changed my modding (thx to the various videos posted/advice given on this thread) to achieve better survivability for Rey's friends (Prot on Triangle and Cross), I'm 4-0 against the same GL FO teams that I couldn't beat before with the same comp. So far, it seems consistent. The key is them to survive just enough so the damage immunity kicks in. Basically you whirlwind opposition one by one and time your ultimate when there is only Kylo left. It'd be low banners in GA, but it gets the job done ;)

I use RHs+Holdo+Finn, but I'd try to sub Finn out in order to keep him for another Res team.

@Gamorrean I just tried with Rose instead of Finn and it worked the same; maybe even better because she can stun someone before falling to protect those she loves. 5-0 and counting ! If I keep winning with this comp, I'll try to sub out the RHs. Maybe any Res dude than can take a hit will do the trick, saving RHs for another good Res team.

Edit: I didn't pull it off with a subpar crew... yet ^^
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Rose isn't a dude ;)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

@Gamorrean I just tried with Rose instead of Finn and it worked the same; maybe even better because she can stun someone before falling to protect those she loves. 5-0 and counting ! If I keep winning with this comp, I'll try to sub out the RHs. Maybe any Res dude than can take a hit will do the trick, saving RHs for another good Res team.

Edit: I didn't pull it off with a subpar crew... yet ^^

Sounds great, people might soon need to call her OP! :D

( seriously, Im glad to hear you found use for her)
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    Options
    Rose isn't a dude ;)

Your post cost me 100 crystals, but I had to try an all-female Res team (3 Reys+Rose+Holdo), as a token of respect for women everywhere. Unfortunately, I failed miserably. Conclusion, based on a grand total of 1 fight: The Resistance absolutely needs dudes to take on Macho Kylo.

Off topic sidenote to improve my english skills: could "dude" be used as "guy", in a unisex kind of way ?
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Rose isn't a dude ;)

Your post cost me 100 crystals, but I had to try an all-female Res team (3 Reys+Rose+Holdo), as a token of respect for women everywhere. Unfortunately, I failed miserably. Conclusion, based on a grand total of 1 fight: The Resistance absolutely needs dudes to take on Macho Kylo.

Off topic sidenote to improve my english skills: could "dude" be used as "guy", in a unisex kind of way ?

You can refer to a group of men and women as “guys” but can’t call a group of women “guys.” Does that help?
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    I often refer to my daughters as guys, as in things like "hey guys give me my phone back."

I'm a bad dad.
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    Options
    Rose isn't a dude ;)

You can refer to a group of men and women as “guys” but can’t call a group of women “guys.” Does that help?

It does ! Same for "dudes" ? This is a blatant highjacking of thread, btw.

• Options
    Rose isn't a dude ;)

So very male of you, lol
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    Options
    I often refer to my daughters as guys, as in things like "hey guys give me my phone back."

I'm a bad dad.

Well, it is your phone.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options

Because someone like Resistance more, or the Rey character more, or mainly cares about LS TB, or has a better resistance team so would need less resources to unlock.

There, mystery solved after 14 pages.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    I have both GLs. I have the 2nd fastest Rey in the game. I use the meta team. Rey is MUCH weaker then kilo. In fact, there is really no reason to even farm Rey. Beating Kilo with Rey is an RNG fest, hoping you time your ult for the brief momment kilo can even take damage.

Anyone who tells you the two are equal in arena is just lying, or doesn't climb with Rey.
  • Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Borat wrote: »
    the only thing that Kylo is 100% better than Rey is the Sith Raid. I have both, use Rey exclusively in my arena full of both and never drop below 15, always hit 1. The kylos in my shard have to fight their way back to 1 from 20-30. I am tired of the argument about he is so much better. Mod Rey right and you won't have that issue. Also, the team makes a difference. Put her with all resistance and she is weaker than with JKR, GAS, WAT and GK (now Luke makes her better too).

Maybe I have her modded wrong, but I have a very difficult time with Kylo teams. It also might be because my WAT is only 6*

Rey has a broader set of teams that can be effective in arena, and the different comps work differently against Kylo. More so that against the different Rey comps.

If you Wat to be Kylo with Rey, the easy route is to just put GAS and 5s and at least one other 501st clone. The Hero Bros are also good to counter Kylo but you need to protect them with a good tank.

Comments like thius one . . . CG already said they are nerfing the fives squad.
  • Options
    Botton line, repeated buffs and adjustments to Kilo to ensure he's dominant. While the only adjustment to Rey is to nerf the fives squad.