Why go for Rey

Replies

• Options
    Juldi wrote: »
    so number of unlocks doesn't matter.
    Wrong

Data is not wrong. Please present your data to show Rey is not being used at a higher rate.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    its not likely that the meta report is going to reflect any of the "new information" that may have influenced anyones choices.

but it does show that up to now, none of the changes have really pushed one or the other out of the race to 1st in arena.
  • Options
    Wrong

Data is not wrong. Please present your data to show Rey is not being used at a higher rate.

Since i highly doubt any of the people claiming that Rey is not winning in the meta report will have hard data, I will show mine:

Rey:
    Unlocks - 10479
    Rank 1 leader - 3390
    Top 10 leader - 5293
    top 10 squad member - 5561

Kylo:
    unlocks - 8657
    Rank 1 lead - 2682
    top 10 lead - 4268
    top 10 squad member - 4282

Relative popularity of Rey vs Kylo
    Rank 1 leader - 32.35% vs 30.98%, so Rey +1.37%
    Rank 10 leader - 50.51% vs 49.3
    Top 10 member - 53.06% vs 49.46

these are the facts we have available to us, and they are not dependent on a "weak shard"
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Owing ultimate Rey, I say I made a huge mistake. If I had it to do over again, I would not relic any of the characters required. I would advise anyone to go for SLKR and leave Rey in the garbage pile with my relic 5 rose
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Those kylo users are so funny.

Yeah yeah rey is perfectly balanced. Dominating pvp, needing crappy B toons instead of A+ toons killing 4 good teams, crushing pve content. There is no problem here, just shut up and keep being behind kylo.

Ahah what a joke, you guys, please listen to yourself. You are ridiculous
  • AlexanderG
    1929 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Those kylo users are so funny.

Yeah yeah rey is perfectly balanced. Dominating pvp, needing crappy B toons instead of A+ toons killing 4 good teams, crushing pve content. There is no problem here, just shut up and keep being behind kylo.

Ahah what a joke, you guys, please listen to yourself. You are ridiculous

Not as funny people who, when presented with unequivocal data (as per the above - which isn't subject to opinion) just carry on the same line of argument.

I'm out. It's like talking to a brick.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    It is just that your argument is actually wrong with what you experienced in real time in the game.

Period
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Wrong

Since i highly doubt any of the people claiming that Rey is not winning in the meta report will have hard data, I will show mine:

Rey:
    Unlocks - 10479
    Rank 1 leader - 3390
    Top 10 leader - 5293

Kylo:
    unlocks - 8657
    Rank 1 lead - 2682
    top 10 lead - 4268

these are the facts we have available to us, and they are not dependent on a "weak shard"

Let see if your numbers will be the same in one month....my point was: of course Rey is in top because so many people unlock her initialy. Now try to do the same maths with top100 number in place of unlocks
    40% vs 42%
  • Options
    Wrong

Rey:
    Unlocks - 10479
    Rank 1 leader - 3390
    Top 10 leader - 5293

Kylo:
    unlocks - 8657
    Rank 1 lead - 2682
    top 10 lead - 4268

Let see if your numbers will be the same in one month....my point was: of course Rey is in top because so many people unlock her initialy. Now try to do the same maths with top100 number in place of unlocks
    40% vs 42%

ANd my point is people said exactly that the last time kylo got buffed. guess what, rey is still doing fine. Also, why would we only compare top 100? why should we leave out players who are not using the GL in arena? that would ignore users with both and not give us a reflection of which they are running.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    Wrong

Rey:
    Unlocks - 10479
    Rank 1 leader - 3390
    Top 10 leader - 5293

Kylo:
    unlocks - 8657
    Rank 1 lead - 2682
    top 10 lead - 4268

40% vs 42%

ANd my point is people said exactly that the last time kylo got buffed. guess what, rey is still doing fine. Also, why would we only compare top 100? why should we leave out players who are not using the GL in arena? that would ignore users with both and not give us a reflection of which they are running.

Its too early to tell if Rey is doing "fine" Just wait and see what the numbers look like in two weeks.

Also, shard chats play a pretty big role. I would say most people who have GL's are in their shard chats.
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Because lots of kylo unlock are recent one and maybe they aren't geared yet. And nearly all the whales in may shard who have both have switched to kylo
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Wrong

Rey:
    Unlocks - 10479
    Rank 1 leader - 3390
    Top 10 leader - 5293

Kylo:
    unlocks - 8657
    Rank 1 lead - 2682
    top 10 lead - 4268

40% vs 42%

Its too early to tell if Rey is doing "fine" Just wait and see what the numbers look like in two weeks.

Also, shard chats play a pretty big role. I would say most people who have GL's are in their shard chats.

But the last kylo buff was supposedly the final straw for making Rey pointless, how is she still better in the meta report?

• Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Because you dont take in account how painful and cristal spending it is to climb with Rey compared to Kylo which just sit in top 10 and push auto
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    Options
    The data isn’t usable. Rey got the debuff today.
  • Options
    Ronius wrote: »

According to the forums she has been getting debuffed since release
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Ronius wrote: »

According to the forums she has been getting debuffed since release

I could beat kylo before. No problem. Now I can’t. So now Kylo beats Rey in every part of the game. Rey isn’t worth the trouble.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1816 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I am curious if the meta report will shift over time, especially with the Fives cheese removed. There would still be flaws with that data, as several have pointed out.
    Something that might be interesting is to check all the owners of both GLs and see what they're climbing with and what they're leaving overnight. Based on my very limited sample size of my shard chat and my guild, no one with both GLs is using GLR to climb or on defense overnight.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am curious if the meta report will shift over time, especially with the Fives cheese removed. There would still be flaws with that data, as several have pointed out.
    Something that might be interesting is to check all the owners of both GLs and see what they're climbing with and what they're leaving overnight. Based on my very limited sample size of my shard chat and my guild, no one with both GLs is using GLR to climb or on defense overnight.

JKL with GLR team is what i would call the common team for the climb when both are owned.

the one thing the meta report does show is that Rey has been consistant in her taking of 1 even with all the changes we have seen. so while the buff resistance has a good point about the team makeup, the Rey can't win doesnt seem to hold water.
  • gura
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

JKL with GLR team is what i would call the common team for the climb when both are owned.

the one thing the meta report does show is that Rey has been consistant in her taking of 1 even with all the changes we have seen. so while the buff resistance has a good point about the team makeup, the Rey can't win doesnt seem to hold water.

but you see that for keeping balance you need just FO toons (needed for event) on one side and top game toons, much harder to get, as GAS, JKL, Wat on the other side,,, not mentioning about raids performance
    @Kyno
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    Options
    So if you don't have JKL, forget climbing over SLKR, Why does it feel getting Rey was a waste.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    gura wrote: »

but you see that for keeping balance you need just FO toons (needed for event) on one side and top game toons, much harder to get, as GAS, JKL, Wat on the other side,,, not mentioning about raids performance
    Kyno

as i said the buff resistance has a good point. one should not require breakup multiple teams (which some have shown it doesn't, but i'm no Rey expert) to be able to make 1 team work.

Her kit never had good raid performance built in, but she does have good TB performance built in and thats one of the hardest sets of content we currently have.
  • Options
    The buff just happened and of course Meta report is going to take time to reflect it. Plus you have to realize there was is a larger total ownership of Rey due to initial reviews which painted her as the superior PVP option. Add shard chats to it and the fact that she is still going to beat non GL teams reliabley, I'm sure you'll still see her represented there. + folks who whaled on her were able to whale on JKL on top of it, adding THAT to her meta report numbers as well (they made sure no problems if you whale for JKL for sure). But Kylo owners just need the FO toons they used to unlock him with to destroy everything.

Believe it or not Kyno and others, maybe the large number of posts by disappointed Rey owners is not complete garbage, we actually have a point, and it actual reflects some level of reality. But obviously Kylo owners are going to hate on that for obvious reasons (they certainly don't want a buff to Rey), and CG's volunteer/forum folks will certainly never support an argument to not do an expensive GL farm...it would not be supporting the company/game appropriately, and therefore i don't think they'll be CG forum folks much longer :)

For those who DON'T actually have a stake in this argument one way or the other and are trying to make an objective decision - and can realistically only do one or the other and can't do multiple major farms (e.g. Rey + JKL)- all empirical evidence currently points to Kylo as the vastly superior option in both PVP and PVE.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    mpbaker1 wrote: »
    The buff just happened and of course Meta report is going to take time to reflect it. Plus you have to realize there was is a larger total ownership of Rey due to initial reviews which painted her as the superior PVP option. Add shard chats to it and the fact that she is still going to beat non GL teams reliabley, I'm sure you'll still see her represented there. + folks who whaled on her were able to whale on JKL on top of it, adding THAT to her meta report numbers as well (they made sure no problems if you whale for JKL for sure). But Kylo owners just need the FO toons they used to unlock him with to destroy everything.

Believe it or not Kyno and others, maybe the large number of posts by disappointed Rey owners is not complete garbage, we actually have a point, and it actual reflects some level of reality. But obviously Kylo owners are going to hate on that for obvious reasons (they certainly don't want a buff to Rey), and CG's volunteer/forum folks will certainly never support an argument to not do an expensive GL farm...it would not be supporting the company/game appropriately, and therefore i don't think they'll be CG forum folks much longer :)

For those who DON'T actually have a stake in this argument one way or the other and are trying to make an objective decision - and can realistically only do one or the other and can't do multiple major farms (e.g. Rey + JKL)- all empirical evidence currently points to Kylo as the vastly superior option in both PVP and PVE.

I would never support a single GL farm because its a bad idea for anyone in a game of this nature to limit their collection or the tools they have in their roster. but anyone can choose to play the game however they want.

I dont think I have ever said anyone doesn't have a point, I have been pointing out that despite what some say, Rey is not garbage, and still wins, and is useful. I know its crazy to think that anyone who owns Kylo would also be farming Rey and would want her to perform at her best, but hey it happens.

There is not a single person who doesn't have a stake in the argument, and anyone who can only farm one right now, will end up with more than one later, for one of many reasons.

anyone can feel that way about Kylo being the only choice, but there are multiple reasons to want Rey, and since she can also win in other game modes she can be a good choice. but i would agree if you can only go for one, Kylo should probably be your choice. funny thing is I probably would have said that from the beginning too, sure he was having a harder time in arena, but he had the raid, which is some good gear income.

i would also add that anyone in your described situation would also have believed that the changes made to kylo were not only needed but good to make, because anyone farming only one wouldn't want to then have it beat by a 2 man team or only due to the singular way the AI was coded. ...
  • Options
    Haha this thread is hilarious! I went for Rey and other than the garbage toons I had to gear still happy with the decision. How many teams can you run at one time in arena? ONE! So who cares who makes up the strongest Rey or Kylo squad and if they are all FO or Resistance makeups. And if your ult Rey can't beat an Ult Kylo then that's on you. I rarely drop below top 15 and have never had to spend crystals and refresh to reach top spot at PO while climbing through Kylo and Reys. I do quite enjoy the easy 4/4 in LSTB now instead of banging my head against the wall with other squads and yes I run a full res squad in LSTB.. git gud is about all there is to say to those whining and comparing the 2 ... they have their uses in other game modes and both good toons.
  • TVF
    36757 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Wrong

Rey:
    Unlocks - 10479
    Rank 1 leader - 3390
    Top 10 leader - 5293

Kylo:
    unlocks - 8657
    Rank 1 lead - 2682
    top 10 lead - 4268

40% vs 42%

Sure, and in many chats including mine, you'd get laughed right off the chat if you asked Kylo owners to nerf for you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, now you have to spend money to get JK Luke to make your Rey function in arena according to the forum moderator. Nice!

So Rey owners have to relic 21 toons to get a still second-best Galactic Legend who is hot garbage in PvE. Meanwhile, SLKR owners relic 12 toons for a toon that is the best in every area of the game.

“Balanced.”
  • Options
    Slaveen wrote: »

Yeah, now you have to spend money to get JK Luke to make your Rey function in arena according to the forum moderator. Nice!

So Rey owners have to relic 21 toons to get a still second-best Galactic Legend who is hot garbage in PvE. Meanwhile, SLKR owners relic 12 toons for a toon that is the best in every area of the game.

“Balanced.”

Didn't spend a cent on Rey or bother spending to go for JKL and yet still climb to first through Kylos and Reys. And can you count? I didn't relic 21 toons for Rey? I only reliced 12 toons the same amount of toons as a Kylo owner.
  • Options
    Interesting points and was not expecting that response, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Lot's of items could talk about, but my main point:

Really there's just a collective feeling among Rey owners that we made a bad decision going for her unless you were able to get JKL on top of it to allow her to not struggle against Kylo (this is real).

I love this game and have played for years, but this sequence of events and my investment of ~40k crystals to get Rey (most of it was saved from arena, etc) has just left me with a totally negative feeling about the game as a result of it. And i don't want to feel that way about the game.

And it was my fault, I chose to pick her and made the wrong decision apparently. I would gladly trade Rey for Kylo in a heartbeat...even if it wasn't a straight up trade and i had to refarm 25%. And i've seen many other Rey owners state the same.

So...just trying to communicate the level of disappointment of some (but certainly not all) of us Rey owners, and why you guys keep seeing these related messages/threads.
  • Starslayer
    2422 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Not as funny people who, when presented with unequivocal data (as per the above - which isn't subject to opinion) just carry on the same line of argument.

I'm out. It's like talking to a brick.

I think it's just a big misunderstanding with a slight layer of name calling, internet style.

Your data is fine and solid, imo. Even if it can be discussed, it won't change the core of your numbers. Rey and Kylo dominate arena hand in hand. Slight advantage to Rey.

However, I highly doubt (but I can be wrong) that Rey teams at the top of the arena are exclusively Res teams. They most likely use other meta toons, like GAS, GK, JKR or Wat. It is important if you consider the question tOP asked, "Why go for Rey (instead of Kylo) ?'. Considering only arena, if you already have meta characters, Rey is a valid option. about 2% better than Kylo considering the numbers you showed.
    However, if you don't have meta characters yet, it's not a good option to go for Rey for Arena purposes. Kylo will use the characters you geared to unlock him to carry you at the top of the arena. Rey won't (still looking for a way to beat Kylo consistently with Res, still failing at this time). If your account is young and you choose Rey, you could very well end up after a year of farming with a very high level character and still be unable to take 1st place to those who took the Kylo route. I guess that will be extremely frustrating.

And Arena is not the only thing to consider in the "why go for Rey ?' question. But there are 17 pages about that already ;) It doesn't change the fact that your numbers are solid. It's just that arena is not the only argument behind the "why go for Rey" question, and some people defending that Kylo is the better choice don't find these 2% in favor of Rey in Arena enough to tip the scale in her favor.

I'm actually on Kyno's side here. It's more a "BuffRes" than a "BuffRey" problem imo. And "BuffRes" might solve this "Why go for Rey ?" issue that some people have without endangering the fragile balance of the Arena. Maybe.
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    Options
    mpbaker1 wrote: »
    Interesting points and was not expecting that response, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Lot's of items could talk about, but my main point:

Really there's just a collective feeling among Rey owners that we made a bad decision going for her unless you were able to get JKL on top of it to allow her to not struggle against Kylo (this is real).

I love this game and have played for years, but this sequence of events and my investment of ~40k crystals to get Rey (most of it was saved from arena, etc) has just left me with a totally negative feeling about the game as a result of it. And i don't want to feel that way about the game.

And it was my fault, I chose to pick her and made the wrong decision apparently. I would gladly trade Rey for Kylo in a heartbeat...even if it wasn't a straight up trade and i had to refarm 25%. And i've seen many other Rey owners state the same.

So...just trying to communicate the level of disappointment of some (but certainly not all) of us Rey owners, and why you guys keep seeing these related messages/threads.

I’ll communicate it in less words: Rey owners got ****