Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    And what about GAS? Malak? DR? JKR? Bugs? Hell even Phoenix squad?

GAC divisions extend all the way down to 0 GP and across that range there are many squads which can be potential blockers.

Why should division 1/2 players be the only ones to get this kind of hand-holding? And thus we start down the rabbit-hole of matching by roster composition...

I am at the top end of the division 2 GP range and I have yet to encounter a GL but then I chose not to bloat my matchmaking GP with unnecessary relic levels & zetas. I spent those energy & currency resources elsewhere instead. I have finished Kyber in every GAC so far and am on course to do so again.

So in shorter words, You have no idea what it’s like to play in division one against GLs. So your opinion is questionable at best since all those squads you listed pale in comparison as “blockers” compared to GLs

I'm in division 1 and I have GL. You can trust me or not, but GL actually doing my matchups harder than before. The reason is simple - where I have bunch of close-to-useless-in-GA toons with high relics, my opponents has good-shaped A-teams with pretty much same relics levels. Essentially any opponent with good roster can beat me just by playing defensively, hopefully there aren't many people doing so. Yes, thanks to GL I have exactly one sure win with good score, and that's it. Technically I can place GL on defense, but it will even further lower my chances to win if opponent will leave own A-teams on defense.

As result, before staring to pursue GL I usually had little trouble to win every battle and had highest GAC result in top-10. Now I rarely have a chance to win all 3 matches in every GA, still can hit kyber but by pretty small margin. So please, if you don't have GL yourself and/or don't clearly understand how it affects matchmaking please don't make any assumptions.

I suppose the situations may be different in the top of division 1 where people have vast amount of relics on basically anything and useless FO/Resistance trash have low impact on matchmaking, but if your are in THAT power level and still don't have GL of your own you probably can only blame yourself.

I'm in Div 1 (5.5m) have both Rey and Luke, and my Rey has definitely made my matchups easier, not harder.

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with you until this statement.

I love how people feel the need to say this.

I agree with you a lot... even sometimes directed at me
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options

GAC divisions extend all the way down to 0 GP and across that range there are many squads which can be potential blockers.

Why should division 1/2 players be the only ones to get this kind of hand-holding? And thus we start down the rabbit-hole of matching by roster composition...

I am at the top end of the division 2 GP range and I have yet to encounter a GL but then I chose not to bloat my matchmaking GP with unnecessary relic levels & zetas. I spent those energy & currency resources elsewhere instead. I have finished Kyber in every GAC so far and am on course to do so again.

So in shorter words, You have no idea what it’s like to play in division one against GLs. So your opinion is questionable at best since all those squads you listed pale in comparison as “blockers” compared to GLs

I'm in division 1 and I have GL. You can trust me or not, but GL actually doing my matchups harder than before. The reason is simple - where I have bunch of close-to-useless-in-GA toons with high relics, my opponents has good-shaped A-teams with pretty much same relics levels. Essentially any opponent with good roster can beat me just by playing defensively, hopefully there aren't many people doing so. Yes, thanks to GL I have exactly one sure win with good score, and that's it. Technically I can place GL on defense, but it will even further lower my chances to win if opponent will leave own A-teams on defense.

As result, before staring to pursue GL I usually had little trouble to win every battle and had highest GAC result in top-10. Now I rarely have a chance to win all 3 matches in every GA, still can hit kyber but by pretty small margin. So please, if you don't have GL yourself and/or don't clearly understand how it affects matchmaking please don't make any assumptions.

I suppose the situations may be different in the top of division 1 where people have vast amount of relics on basically anything and useless FO/Resistance trash have low impact on matchmaking, but if your are in THAT power level and still don't have GL of your own you probably can only blame yourself.

I'm in Div 1 (5.5m) have both Rey and Luke, and my Rey has definitely made my matchups easier, not harder.

I'm at 4.7 now, and GL requirements were actually first toons I pushed to high relics level. I believe I need about 5.2m to shape my roster back in the form where GL requirements won't hurt me in the GAC, and that's probably a number where having GLs starts to give clear advantage even against GAC-optimized rosters without GL.

There may be GAC-optimized rosters with lower GP and GLs, but I believe it should be specifically crafted by starting from the scratch.
  • Options
    TLDR: You dont know how to beat a GL and don’t want to learn so WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
  • Options
    Since words seem to be too difficult I painted you a picture...
    mcpnwqa4ha30.png
    If you cannot beat a squad in zone X then you are blocked. Period. End of story.

Yes, but what if I can't beat the squad in zone X?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Don't play it. Who said you were supossed to win all matches?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Since words seem to be too difficult I painted you a picture...
    mcpnwqa4ha30.png
    If you cannot beat a squad in zone X then you are blocked. Period. End of story.

but if you block them in zone X then its strategy and its not the end of the story......last i checked.
    m1c06vnidzyq.png
  • Options
    WhoDat wrote: »
    There is zero reason to play, matchmaking does nothing for GL, so matchmaking is dead, GAC needs to end with it...

‘Matching’ a GL against anyone without a GL has to be a 95%+ win rate, it’s impossible to take down in one attack, so it’s not a match... one defense hold will win every match I’ve ever played (division 2), so it’s like high school football teams against nfl playoff teams... not technically impossible, but go ahead and pretend all you like that there’s actually a prayer you gac opponent is mindless enough to not place their auto victory on defense...

Ban GL defense, match 1 GL against 1 GL, 2 vs 2, whatever, the algorithm cant possibly be that hard.... I could draw a picture if that’s more helpful, whatever it takes to explain how pointless it is to play against, let me know, just please address the problem, or give us a break or kill off gac if it’s not worth the trouble to build a working matchmaking system

First thing I'll say is matchmaking is fine. Your issue is that your opponent made better choices than you when they built their roster, and here we are.

Also GL's are beatable. There are players that beat both gl's in a single match without using their own gl's at all. Do your research, and optimise your counters.

The match will be easier for your opponent generally speaking but you have the advantage that if you can break through your opponents GL, they usually (at lower overall gp matches) will set trash behind their GL. You can re-claim some lost banners here if you had to double (or more) shot the GL.
  • Options
    So i'm in Div1 at around 5.3 MGP or somewhere there, have no GL yet (work in progress) and no Luke, but for the rest i'm quite "complete" in terms of toons.
    The last 3 GAC rounds (and those before) where quite hard on me, a) i faced a GL or b) my opponent was just wayyy to strong for me and my teams.
    In both cases, there is just no way to pull a win, i accepted that after the first few times i got really desintegrated.
    In one occasion i even saved up my best top 4 teams to see what i can do against that SLK, now i know :-), simply nothing.
    It looks similar to the time as Malak arrived, but i think there are/will not be GL counters which might be viable for "normal" players, or time will tell then.
    For now i only can offer the sacrifice of my troops to make the RNG gods happy B)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    It looks similar to the time as Malak arrived, but i think there are/will not be GL counters which might be viable for "normal" players, or time will tell then.

I'm fairly certain that there are a few threads that disagree with this statement. None of the counter teams (for both GLs) we have seen require any odd toons, so i'm not sure what you mean by "normal" players.
  • Options
    I have faced GL's in Div1 and both won and lost. It's a challenge - which is what a.....game is supposed to be? I find myself working harder to find a solution for a GL on D (I don't have one yet) versus the usual defenses I see. I will say GLs on D in 3v3 seems a new level of difficult but it's not impossible. I made roster choices - like gearing for Luke before a GL - recently that I accept. After this amount of time F2P should have these toons - or could - unless they chose otherwise. GAC is fun enjoy it or don't sign up.
  • Options
    I've yet top face a GL in GAC (now I said this - I probably will) but the fact of the matter is that this is a game. You can be F2P or not and the chances of having a GL will probably mean you have paid somewhere in the game.

Someone could have a relatively low GP but still have a GL because they focused on the right toons - eg GL Rey is possible to get with resistance only and having G9-10 FO squad. If this is all they had, they would be low GP and yet, still have a GL. the point being this game is about resource management and strategy.

You can solely focus on one toon (Yawn, not for me thanks) or develop squads, manage rostas, develop teams and see your entire rosta develop over time (more like me).

Should we demand that its unfair that we face a GL? No - so quit the moaning, its only a game and if you're F2P - just develop a better squad - there are loads of threads I've seen where players have taken out GLs (not first time but with some strategy - it can be done).
  • Options

At the cost of every other basic team.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

At the cost of every other basic team.

Which?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Meh it is what is. If I see I've been matched w a GL I'll just set a fleet def. And no other teams. They wanna pay to win? Cool. Have your free win.Good luck doing feats.

I farmed the GL required toons without spending a penny on them.

I did the same, and was done about two weeks after the first GL showed up in my arena shard. Could have done it sooner if I wanted to
  • Options

Which?

er515svubmy7.jpg
    n36xst0quul2.jpg
    rym76y5hopxq.jpg
    fwk2fllkfw3r.jpg

Those are the only ones that really stood out to me. I think it may be a crime in all states to be 5m+ and have your trio looking like that good sir.
  • Options
    I get matched with GL’s all the time despite not having them myself. They’re beatable.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    If you are "competitive" in GAC, chances are you are in Arena. If you are competitive there, chances are you place high at PO and get more crystals. If you are placing high in Arena and getting more crystals, you need to chase meta to stay at the top. If you aren’t doing that, stop complaining about others who are “competitive.” Figure out what your roster needs and go for it. Otherwise, you are playing a different type of game than those who think GAC is the lifeblood of this game.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Those are the only ones that really stood out to me. I think it may be a crime in all states to be 5m+ and have your trio looking like that good sir.

I'm guessing my guild prefers me having Rey and Luke rather than having taken my Trio past G11.
  • Options
    I'm just surprised to see that TVF's Embo is only 5*, whether he uses him or not.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    I'm just surprised to see that TVF's Embo is only 5*, whether he uses him or not.

Why?
  • Options

Why?

Just seems counter intuitive to who you seem to be on the forums. You've pointed out a few times that farming every character to 7*s is good in case of a new character drop or something to that extent. I figured you had all characters at 7*. When I typed that, I did not think that you may have all the shards to get the character to 7* but had opted to not do so because there was no value in it for you. Which may or may not be true. Either way, I find that more surprising than your sith trio only being at g11.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

I'm guessing my guild prefers me having Rey and Luke rather than having taken my Trio past G11.

Fair enough answer.
  • Options

Why?

Just seems counter intuitive to who you seem to be on the forums. You've pointed out a few times that farming every character to 7*s is good in case of a new character drop or something to that extent. I figured you had all characters at 7*. When I typed that, I did not think that you may have all the shards to get the character to 7* but had opted to not do so because there was no value in it for you. Which may or may not be true. Either way, I find that more surprising than your sith trio only being at g11.

I am trying to understand how your mild stalking has anything to do with the thread at all.
  • Options
    Potato211 wrote: »

Why?

I am trying to understand how your mild stalking has anything to do with the thread at all.

I'll give you that my comments were not on topic of the thread. Is it really stalking when the person comments on the forums as much as the moderators? His presence here is known.
  • Options
    Well this thread got weird.
  • Options
    Potato211 wrote: »

Why?

I'll give you that my comments were not on topic of the thread. Is it really stalking when the person comments on the forums as much as the moderators? His presence here is known.

Yeah but you kinda went out of your way to get his toon list though.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Why?

Fair point, Embo is actually one of my last remaining farms beyond the more recent marquees. I'm at about 55/85 right now, just doing 5 sims a day in order to wrap him up. Other than him, Krennic, and Ur;;r'rooor''rooorrr;, all I have left are the mando toons, rebel y-wing, tie bomber, etc.

And yeah we should probably move on.
  • Options

Which?

er515svubmy7.jpg
    n36xst0quul2.jpg
    rym76y5hopxq.jpg
    fwk2fllkfw3r.jpg

If you look at any f2p to medium spender, you'll find holes in their roster. You just can't have everything without heavy spending. I've been playing since 2015 and i still have a lot of holes.

Looking at this case, Sith trio are mainly used in pvp and dstb. In either case I'm guessing he's not coming across a pvp situation where's boned because he has to use his g11 trio to fight relic bugs.