Ki-Adi-Mundi

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have reliced clones and I considered relicing my shak to do this mission but after reading/watching up on it I decided not to. It seems like such a mess.

It’s actually one of the most fun battles in this game imo

I would agree. After learning how to mod the toons for this mission and what the attacking strategy is, it's become fun. When I would go in with my arena mods and hope for the best, it was the worst.
  • Options
    main problem besides how hard/easy the mission is would still be that a lot of people even in the top guilds were gifted a whole lot of shards for free because of "double drops"
    cg completely swept in under the carpet because kam wasn an issue back than for the majority of guilds and kam has kinda no impact on arena shards
    uproar would have been louder if its a meta defining character like raid reward traya back then
    i mean there is still rng involved in the mission and it is unlikely that a guild gets 50/50
    35 to 40 would be more realistic
    so those people that get him to 7 stars first are most likely people that got at least 1-2 times extra shards
  • Options
    People saying there is little to no RNG obviously never get targeted by Jango for the whole run it’s happened to me last two times.

If he burns you twice at the beginning aswell

I completed it a few times now I’m losing, I’m doing nothing different except Jango decides I’m not getting the shard.

It’s all about Jango.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    Either way the TB just like that mission are awful and not enjoyable for a large majority of the community.

I would have to look but i'm pretty sure the same was said about the Sith raid. Look how far we have come, this too will have its day of reflection.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to put something out that everyone hates to play. I thought the idea of a game was to have fun. When a majority of the player base dislikes the content, you would think their would have been adjustments made along the way. Just like in the Sith Raid. I recall they made a few minor changes back in the day. How many months has this been out and a almost everyone in almost every guild says this TB again 😵
  • Options
    Either way the TB just like that mission are awful and not enjoyable for a large majority of the community.

I would have to look but i'm pretty sure the same was said about the Sith raid. Look how far we have come, this too will have its day of reflection.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to put something out that everyone hates to play. I thought the idea of a game was to have fun. When a majority of the player base dislikes the content, you would think their would have been adjustments made along the way. Just like in the Sith Raid. I recall they made a few minor changes back in the day. How many months has this been out and a almost everyone in almost every guild says this TB again 😵
    Come on man.

“Everyone hates to play”

“Majority of the player base dislikes”

“Almost everyone in almost every guild”

You must realise you’re just making this stuff up?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Well first, its impossible to know if everyone is going to hate it if you dont put it out. Also, not everyone hates it.

I dont think the majority of the player base hates it, between the section that do like it and the players who can play it, I would imagine that's more than half.

It's good your brought that up, if you recall they made changes to aspects of the Sith raid, i.e.- nihilus bonus turn setup to allow for a smooth count down of his annihilate ability. They did this to make strategy work, because before it didnt, it was only RNG that would decide that.

As people are posting here, you can see that that's not the case here. Strategy does work, it's all about the setup and strategy. RNG is not the deciding factor.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options
    RNG is not the deciding factor.[/quote]

Interesting we seem to be reading two different threads. All I have seen is people post that they have “heard” of 40-45% success. I have not seen anyone say they can win 100%. What that means is ultimately, RNG IS the deciding factor, all you can do is mitigate the fact that at the current state you may lose regardless of any preparation you make. So much for strategy.
  • Options

Well first, its impossible to know if everyone is going to hate it if you dont put it out. Also, not everyone hates it.

I dont think the majority of the player base hates it, between the section that do like it and the players who can play it, I would imagine that's more than half.

It's good your brought that up, if you recall they made changes to aspects of the Sith raid, i.e.- nihilus bonus turn setup to allow for a smooth count down of his annihilate ability. They did this to make strategy work, because before it didnt, it was only RNG that would decide that.

As people are posting here, you can see that that's not the case here. Strategy does work, it's all about the setup and strategy. RNG is not the deciding factor.

Well, it’s easy enough to get a poll on whether people like hate or are indifferent on the LS Geo TB. I took a poll on Reddit and had 1311 votes with 550 stating it was their least favorite aspect of the game. I’m guessing with with the others being asked most would say hate this mode. That is a small sample but it is over 1000 players.
  • Options

Well, it’s easy enough to get a poll on whether people like hate or are indifferent on the LS Geo TB. I took a poll on Reddit and had 1311 votes with 550 stating it was their least favorite aspect of the game. I’m guessing with with the others being asked most would say hate this mode. That is a small sample but it is over 1000 players.

That's less than half. I'd say that isn't "most".

You need to remember the online community isn't representative of the entire player base, and that people are more likely to complain about something than praise it.
  • MasterSeedy
    5091 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Amrael
    This event requires specific modding. Your best mods might not be the best mods for this event if they don't help you hit specific stat requirements. Once modded properly, the event isn't that bad if you understand the mechanics and make the right decisions.

While I have no reason to disagree since I haven't yet qualified for the event, telling people that they need to do better mod management is telling them they have to stop having fun and start pushing paperwork, and if they put in a good couple hours paperwork, then they'll get a chance to have fun again.

That works for school teachers telling kids when they can have recess, but I don't play this game to do paperwork.

Honestly I would rather fail the mission than spend hours sorting through my mods. There is literally NOTHING fun about sorting mods to create loadouts.

This is supposed to be a game. If the way to win an encounter is to stop having fun, I'll skip the encounter and go have fun.
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My guild only gets 10-11 stars in ls Tb . I’ve never had the chance to even attempt the mission😢

I honestly think it’s pretty insulting ? Of cg to put this character only obtainable on this mission in phase 3.
    If it was changed to a phase 2 I would be happy as I might have some chance of obtaining Him in the next couple of years ? At 5 star lol.

How can it be harder to get him than a GL! Makes no sense.
  • Options
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    I honestly think it’s pretty insulting ? Of cg to put this character only obtainable on this mission in phase 3.
    1. Wat in DS TB is also in P3. This TB is the counterpart of that.
    2. Recommended gear requirements in game for the SM are r7 (but as it can be seen above, r4-5 Shaak, Rex do just fine) so it's clearly intended for guilds developed enough to reach P3 without serious issues.

If your characters are ready for KAM, you might want to look for another guild, since it's pretty easy to get into one in the 280m+ GP range if you can bring something to the table in TBs. Otherwise you are just halting your own progress.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    TJax wrote: »
    Interesting we seem to be reading two different threads. All I have seen is people post that they have “heard” of 40-45% success. I have not seen anyone say they can win 100%. What that means is ultimately, RNG IS the deciding factor, all you can do is mitigate the fact that at the current state you may lose regardless of any preparation you make. So much for strategy.
    Tell that to the guilds that consecutively get 40-45 shards. Sure all those people get good RNG all the time, right?
  • Options
    You can tell about the engagement of this tb by the amount of ppl that have unlocked kam and how many ppl rly like this game mode,you dont have to be a rocket science to realise it,that its not fun for the playerbase,no polls needed.
    Even krakens who have a youtube channel say this game mode suxs big time.
  • Options
    You can tell about the engagement of this tb by the amount of ppl that have unlocked kam and how many ppl rly like this game mode,you dont have to be a rocket science to realise it,that its not fun for the playerbase,no polls needed.
    Even krakens who have a youtube channel say this game mode suxs big time.

This game mode sucks so much due to the randomness of it. One time I will go 4/4 with my r7 padme squad, the next time it comes around I will fail on the first wave with the same squad in the same battle. That is not fun at all. The fact that you can get completely different enemies with such widely different difficulties is terrible design.
  • Options
    Tell that to the guilds that consecutively get 40-45 shards. Sure all those people get good RNG all the time, right?

It’s a matter of perspective.
    RNG is not the biggest factor in success. But bad RNG can lose the battle for you, even if you play it perfectly otherwise. So it certainly is a factor.

Those 40-45 people don’t get good rng all the time. But they also don’t get the really bad rng that costs them the battle on those runs.
    That bad rng is what kept the number at 40-45 instead of closer to 50 consistently.

I personally don’t think that bad rng costing us the win <10% of the time is a huge deal.

But I will also agree that it must be pretty frustrating to get to attempt a battle once/month and then on that one attempt have rng lose it for you in the opening few moves.
  • Options
    Huge props to the people who put together the 50 shards of KAM docs. They're incredibly helpful. I can't imagine trying to figure that out on my own with one attempt per month.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

It’s a matter of perspective.
    RNG is not the biggest factor in success. But bad RNG can lose the battle for you, even if you play it perfectly otherwise. So it certainly is a factor.

Those 40-45 people don’t get good rng all the time. But they also don’t get the really bad rng that costs them the battle on those runs.
    That bad rng is what kept the number at 40-45 instead of closer to 50 consistently.

I personally don’t think that bad rng costing us the win <10% of the time is a huge deal.

But I will also agree that it must be pretty frustrating to get to attempt a battle once/month and then on that one attempt have rng lose it for you in the opening few moves.

I'd agree with you,
    I was just saying it's shards
    And not percentage.
  • Options
    Something I didn't see (or don't remember seeing) anyone mention is the impact on guild health of a mission of this level of difficulty that can only be attempted once per month where we have to rely on others to generate rewards for us.

The battle is tricky and requires mod loadouts that you likely don't have just lying around. So you have to build special loadouts for 5 toons, then you have to build default loadouts for these 5 plus all the toons whose default mods you are borrowing. Then you have to watch videos, read tutorials, yadda yadda yadda. It's a HUGE barrier to entry.

In my guild, about 25 qualify for the mission. A few of us are tryhards who welcome the challenge, have done all the above, and have win rates near or above 50% (I think our top guys has failed it once in his last 5 or so attempts). But even among those 25 who qualify, the majority are not willing to go that far to learn the mission.

Compare that to the Wat, IPD, and ROLO missions. For each of those, if you meet the suggested requirements and have even a clue how to play this game, the win is easy and all but guaranteed. I think we lose more Wat shards to app crashes than actual losses by full G12 or better bugs.

The result for me is that I start resenting others for not trying as hard as I did to earn shards. But that is an unfair burden for me to place on 49 other gamers. So my options are to be a tad sour every time KAM comes around or merc LSTB with another guild. I think guilds are the glue that keep this game together. In my experience, the relationships built through guild interactions in Discord and group accomplishments (first HSR clear, new star thresholds in TB, TW wins, etc) are the driving force for continued engagement in this game. So anything that upsets that harmony is bad for the game.

How would I resolve this? I'm not really sure. I think the rewards could be more skewed to the individual. Maybe you get 25 shards for yourself if you beat the mission and then an additional 1 shard for every 2 guild members that also beat it (or 1 for 1 since 75/month is still a ridiculously long farm). Or just give us a place to practice the mission so we can master the mechanics and fine-tune our loadouts.

I know none of this will happen. When r10 or 6d/c/b/a mods or whatever new progression cap is released, this mission will likely become easy for newly maxed squads. But, for now, it's cathartic to shout into the wind like this.
  • Options
    Rich people problems. Good to know there are so many still drinking the kool Aid. Keep fighting the good fight brothers and sisters. I hope you all get Kam. I never will and I will still sleep just fine.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    bldek5rv9ee9.png

I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. It’s not a perfect win, but a useful guide
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Its a very complex mission. A lot of people are having more successes when they stream their runs with fairly knowledgeable players. There's a reason why the success rate is a lot higher in this case.

There are some rare cases (that is RNG dependent) that can immediately kill your run, but from what I've seen and read, most players don't understand the behind-the-scenes mechanics that goes on and make a lot of mistakes even with proper gear, mods, starting RNG

100% agreed.

There's definitely an element of rng as with many parts of this game, but there are people who beat it with a very high success rate (im still 50/50 but some of the losses are my own fault). Can't blame everything on rng.... it's just one of the more complicated fights, and not very forgiving to user error.

Overall i think it's really well designed now that the bugs have been taken care of. Bit off topic but just a side mention that i wouldn't mind more of this style of fight incorporated into galactic challenges.
  • Options
    @Ragnarok_COTF

I'm glad you spoke to how this mission negatively affects guilds and even friendships.

Guilds are the glue that hold this game together, and I am one person who HATES mod management, though I am far from alone. We have one player in my guild who is part of 50 Sharks of KAM. He leaves for a week every month and that's fine. I don't remember how many TBs he has left of mercing to get 7*, but it's at least 2.

Meanwhile, we have about 15 people who attempt the mission each month. We get 10-11 shards. I'm not ready, though I'm contributing to the guild in other ways (I've got GL Rey and I've got a very good chance at Jedi Luke next time ... it depends on how quickly he comes back, but I should be ready in 3 weeks and we haven't heard anything about him coming back before then)

But there's started to be a bunch of grumbling about people not prioritizing KAM. If there's one thing that's likely to divide the guild (and I don't think that will happen, but I can't rule it out), it's KAM.

The kind of ridiculous management of mods you need to do makes this mission the worst kind of failure in the entire world of games: it's not fun.

Even if you beat the mission every month, and even if you get your moments of enjoyment out of that, it's because you did a bunch of not-fun work not playing the mission but reading up on mod requirements and doing the (virtual) paperwork to create customized mod loadouts, etc. etc.

The mission requires not just prioritizing certain toons to r7, but a bunch of time and energy spent on things that are not fun.

I, too, doubt that things will change. At best, what will happen is the introduction of a new, eligible clone that gives just the right bonuses to beat the mission reliably without being a certified accountant. But I don't see that happening anytime soon either.

Since the mission promises to be not fun, I'm continuing to prioritize other things and other characters, like GLRey, JKL and SLKR.

When I get all 3 of those done, then maybe I'll work on KAM.

Maybe.

In the meantime, the guild is being hurt because CG simply doesn't care about making its events doable without spending more time doing paperwork than you spend playing the actual event.

At the bare minimum what they should do is make this mission (and, I guess for symmetry, the other SMs that grant shards from the other TBs, though I only care about KAM) available 24/7 in the Journey guide where it can be played for ZERO SHARDS just as practice.

I'm sure as heck not going to do hours of accounting to play the event for 3 minutes once per month for a couple months before i start becoming successful and playing it for 15 minutes. Not only would the practice be good for other reasons, but it would also simply increase the ratio of time spent doing actual gaming to time spent wanting to tear your eyes out over paperwork.
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Its a very complex mission. A lot of people are having more successes when they stream their runs with fairly knowledgeable players. There's a reason why the success rate is a lot higher in this case.

There are some rare cases (that is RNG dependent) that can immediately kill your run, but from what I've seen and read, most players don't understand the behind-the-scenes mechanics that goes on and make a lot of mistakes even with proper gear, mods, starting RNG

100% agreed.

There's definitely an element of rng as with many parts of this game, but there are people who beat it with a very high success rate (im still 50/50 but some of the losses are my own fault). Can't blame everything on rng.... it's just one of the more complicated fights, and not very forgiving to user error.

Overall i think it's really well designed now that the bugs have been taken care of. Bit off topic but just a side mention that i wouldn't mind more of this style of fight incorporated into galactic challenges.

Yeah. When they say puzzle like fights I think of reek, neku, malak, GAS T2 battles

So I was hoping more of that when they said GC were puzzle like battles
  • Options
    In the meantime, the guild is being hurt because CG simply doesn't care about making its events doable without spending more time doing paperwork than you spend playing the actual event.
    In the meantime your guild is being hurt because your priorities clearly don't allign.

You can't blame it on CG that you are not willing to put in the same effort as others that you share a guild with.

Some might also care more about TW and do regular remods. Is it also the devs' fault that you can't just auto whatever the opponent sets on the board and eventually the more focused players start looking for a better guild?
  • Options
    In the meantime your guild is being hurt because your priorities clearly don't allign.

You can't blame it on CG that you are not willing to put in the same effort as others that you share a guild with.

Some might also care more about TW and do regular remods. Is it also the devs' fault that you can't just auto whatever the opponent sets on the board and eventually the more focused players start looking for a better guild?

He probably is putting in a good effort and has a good strategy but the RNG isn’t going his way. It is just that the event is very difficult that it is almost not doable.
  • Options

He probably is putting in a good effort and has a good strategy but the RNG isn’t going his way. It is just that the event is very difficult that it is almost not doable.
    It is not the case if you read that text wall above. The fellow forumer I quoted has explicitly stated that they are not (yet) interested in building the KAM team.
  • Options

It is not the case if you read that text wall above. The fellow forumer I quoted has explicitly stated that they are not (yet) interested in building the KAM team.

Does he not also state that the reason why is because of the incredibly high level of difficulty and research required to have a shot at the mission? Which was in response to me suggesting that something with such a high barrier to entry should have more individual-based rewards rather than group rewards. He was exemplifying the problem I outlined based on my experiences.
  • Options
    @Ragnarok_COTF

I'm glad you spoke to how this mission negatively affects guilds and even friendships.
    At the bare minimum what they should do is make this mission (and, I guess for symmetry, the other SMs that grant shards from the other TBs, though I only care about KAM) available 24/7 in the Journey guide where it can be played for ZERO SHARDS just as practice.

@MasterSeedy glad (and also sad) I'm not alone.

Also, if CG did that, I would buy the Hyperdrive Bundle to reward such a player-friendly move :smiley:
  • Options
    As long as there will be another way to get kam shards, ala rolo, it's fine imo. Those who enjoy this type of difficulty will have a good.time once a month, the ones that find it a chore will get him another way.