Is GML team calling him with Inherited Teachings intended with AI?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    At least the devs don't act like they did thousands of hours of testing anymore.
    Good to see them finally approve of the we haven't tested anything narrative so no idea how any of this will work approach.

Please show a quote saying thounsands of hours. I will wait.

Also, there was testing, and as they just said they went back to test more after hearing this and do not see it, as described.

So being easily beaten by teams from 2018 and 2019 metas is WAI?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    At least the devs don't act like they did thousands of hours of testing anymore.
    Good to see them finally approve of the we haven't tested anything narrative so no idea how any of this will work approach.

The fact that they said they didn’t see this in internal testing, tells you all you need to know.

Soooo, is there still a beta team? Seems like something that would have been easy to chance if tested. Can we get a public comment on this “we’re looking into it” maybe??

Yes there is and I suspect they are not seeing this behavior either.

That's kinda the point, there is nothing to see whe they look.

AB and shock prevent you from being able to see what the AI is doing. It can be hard to see, which is why they are looking for more examples of where this idea is coming from.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Also, there was testing, and as they just said they went back to test more after hearing this and do not see it, as described.

Maybe they don't always select JML (which they should rarely do since he can't gain the buff), but they definitely will often choose a character that can't gain the buff, can't assist, or both.
  • Options

So is it random who gets called? Every board I've seen on discord says it always targets JML? They aren't replicating that when they face him on D?

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

The fact that they said they didn’t see this in internal testing, tells you all you need to know.

Soooo, is there still a beta team? Seems like something that would have been easy to chance if tested. Can we get a public comment on this “we’re looking into it” maybe??

AB and shock prevent you from being able to see what the AI is doing. It can be hard to see, which is why they are looking for more examples of where this idea is coming from.

I can tell you right now from those two videos that anyone that knows what they are doing will never see JML get to his ultimate on defense. If the AI isn't going to actively try to charget he ultimate by using the ability to call characters that can at least be buffed, it's never going to hold against anything with shock, BI or AB.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I can tell you right now from those two videos that anyone that knows what they are doing will never see JML get to his ultimate on defense. If the AI isn't going to actively try to charget he ultimate by using the ability to call characters that can at least be buffed, it's never going to hold against anything with shock, BI or AB.

Efflux needs to be irresistible or something then, when either tenacity up or shock just stops him dead in his tracks, he is pretty useless. I guess he is a Kylo counter, which JKL already was.

• Options
    Legend of the Jedi vs. Lord of the Sith. WAI lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Canadafett wrote: »

So is it random who gets called? Every board I've seen on discord says it always targets JML? They aren't replicating that when they face him on D?

I understand people are saying it, what we are looking for is why they are saying it, it's not shown to be the case in those videos.

No they are not seeing that when playing agaisnt him on D.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So you’re saying that GML with ult getting easily beat by a DR team is WAI? They didn’t think to test defense against one of the most common counters people try? If that’s the case, RIP GML.

Did I say that?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Maybe they don't always select JML (which they should rarely do since he can't gain the buff), but they definitely will often choose a character that can't gain the buff, can't assist, or both.

If its random, its random, that is a different conversation. The point here was that it's not random, but favoring JML. One issue at a time.
  • Options

If its random, its random, that is a different conversation. The point here was that it's not random, but favoring JML. One issue at a time.

I appreciate you looking in to it, if that's the case I trust you and it's actually more disheartening, just means he is easily manipulated by shock and tenacity up and realistically won't get his Ult up on defense ever.

• Options

So you’re saying that GML with ult getting easily beat by a DR team is WAI? They didn’t think to test defense against one of the most common counters people try? If that’s the case, RIP GML.

Did I say that?

Implication is there. If they tested against the 2 of the most used counters, didn’t see it getting easily defeated and releasing it that way....that means either they didn’t test or it’s WAI. The fact they they looked at it again, saying we see nothing wrong sways heavily towards the WAI side.

That's basically what I just mirrored, the fact that it isn't an AI bug just means that he isn't that good on Defense and will never reliably get ult up.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Did I say that?

Implication is there. If they tested against the 2 of the most used counters, didn’t see it getting easily defeated and releasing it that way....that means either they didn’t test or it’s WAI. The fact they they looked at it again, saying we see nothing wrong sways heavily towards the WAI side.

Did I day that? Would you mind just answering yes or no, rather than just trying to twist this around.

I'll help, no I didnt.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    WAI or not: when SLK got his buff to be protected against GAS there was an argument about a lower investment level. I expect something similar to happen IF this is consistent.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

Did I say that?

Did I day that? Would you mind just answering yes or no, rather than just trying to twist this around.

I'll help, no I didnt.
    Thank you.

Kyno, we do genuinely appreciate your efforts to help sort this out and act as a mediator between us and the devs.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    WAI or not: when SLK got his buff to be protected against GAS there was an argument about a lower investment level. I expect something similar to happen IF this is consistent.

They don't make font sizes big enough for that "IF". Honestly, if more people are unlocking JML than pursuing SEE, I fully expect CG to leave it and let JML be sub-par compared to other GLs. That would be consistent - not in terms of this case, but in terms of CG's manner of doing business.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

They don't make font sizes big enough for that "IF". Honestly, if more people are unlocking JML than pursuing SEE, I fully expect CG to leave it and let JML be sub-par compared to other GLs. That would be consistent - not in terms of this case, but in terms of CG's manner of doing business.

This is why you wait to invest. GML doesn't do anything more than standard JKR, JKL team does already and the fact that he pulls from that team just makes it even worse.

LS GLs getting the shaft again, SEE and Kylo are both better PVE and PVP.

After seeing GMLs kit I knew PVE would be bad again but I was hoping there would be Arena/ GAC use.

If he's just a Kylo counter on offense, you might as well just use the JKR JKL one with OB

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

This is why you wait to invest. GML doesn't do anything more than standard JKR, JKL team does already and the fact that he pulls from that team just makes it even worse.

As I said before - then CG needs to be careful about throwing around words like "PREEMINENT" in the kit description. Because, as you correctly point out, if he is no better than either of those two Jedi leads (or actually, worse) that's actually the opposite of "preeminent'.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

LS GLs getting the shaft again, SEE and Kylo are both better PVE and PVP.

After seeing GMLs kit I knew PVE would be bad again but I was hoping there would be Arena/ GAC use.

If he's just a Kylo counter on offense, you might as well just use the JKR JKL one with OB

PVE was not bad before, so can’t be bad “again”, but also won’t be bad. He won’t do much in the Sith Raid again, but he’ll probably make another 4/4 LSTB team.

As for PVP... you won’t be setting him on defense anywhere, but he’ll beat everything on offense. It’s just lame that as the most resource intensive character in the game he can be beaten so easily by 2+ year old characters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Did I say that?

I'll help, no I didnt.
    Thank you.

Apologies. I wasn’t clear, I wasn’t stating you said it personally, but by proxy from the devs.

That was in no way stated or implied by what I said. Please stop trying to twist things. And please stay on the actual topic.
  • Options
    Palpatine can solo full 501st squads, and Ult Luke can’t take a standard DR squad. That makes perfect sense.
  • Options

Did I say that?

I'll help, no I didnt.
    Thank you.

Pretty obviously a question mark at the end. If that's not what you meant try clarifying not lashing out
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Any comment on the issue and the videos? Any comment on what Ultra publish about JML tries to use Inherited Teachings on toons that cannot assist so he wastes a turn?
  • Options
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

Did I say that?

I'll help, no I didnt.
    Thank you.

Pretty obviously a question mark at the end. If that's not what you meant try clarifying not lashing out

What in the world are you talking about? Just stop. Please.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Can confirm GL Luke crumbles to DR team in arena none ult Easy Peezy lemon squeezy. Like I said before launch “buff Luke” But for some reason the developers think the Darkside should be the more powerful even though they didn’t win
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    Can confirm GL Luke crumbles to DR team in arena none ult Easy Peezy lemon squeezy. Like I said before launch “buff Luke” But for some reason the developers think the Darkside should be the more powerful even though they didn’t win

CG is run by a Sith lord!!!!! :scream: