SWGOH: highlight of the year

Prev1
AlexanderG
1928 posts Member
edited October 2020
Okay, still two months left to go. For me I think the release of JKL was the best thing in-game for the year so far. Really good character that didn't push power creep - plus a good and fun event. Reqs about right (hard on newer players given the GET for Wampa and Yoda).

More of this kind of thing please CG. 🙂

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    For me it is Admiral Piett, with him i finally got the push to relic my beloved Imperial Troopers and i can't wait until he's 7*!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    For me it is Admiral Piett, with him i finally got the push to relic my beloved Imperial Troopers and i can't wait until he's 7*!

Good call. Brings a lot to an already fun sub-faction.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

What teams can the new piett troopers auto? Haha
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »

What teams can the new piett troopers auto? Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyYe6hIkmo
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Another one to add to.the list then. Is it more expedient to list squads that *don't* wreck SEE?
  • Options
    Another one to add to.the list then. Is it more expedient to list squads that *don't* wreck SEE?

I think it doesnt work against any SEE squad. In Ahnaldt video the SEE squad has Wat and Thrawn. So obviously not the best defensive squad
  • Options
    JKL. The event and the character. By a significant margin
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I love both JKL and Piett. But really like Greef with the BH’s
  • Iy4oy4s
    2940 posts Member
    Options
    If we are talking impacting everyone, Vader rework by far. A lot of people still haven’t played the JKL event, but is a very close second.
  • Options
    It was definitely high time Vader got his due and he's now great. So yeah, Vader is also a good shout. Just thought JKL stood out as a very well balanced character and an event that was fun to play and had some really sweet cinenatic flourishes. I'd love to see more content like that.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JKL. The event and the character. By a significant margin

Roll out of thay was beyond bad.

Huge cheating scandal and then announced, given kit reveal and 3 days to farm before the start....

Saving grace is the event was fun, but make no mistake... it was a bad roll out and very tone def on the timing.
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    vejbn9hd8a7j.jpg
    Greef Karga and The Mandalorian were such boons to Bounty Hunter teams (and as you can see above, that's where my focus has been). These two have helped my bounty hunters climb from 600-1,000 in arena to 300-500. I'm so excited that I can consistently beat Darth Revan/Malak teams now!

The mass heal/dispel on Karga is so needed for our bounty hunters and he slots in nicely to just about any bounty hunter list. Meanwhile, Mando's disintegration gives bounty hunters an out against really tough walls (like Malak).

I know my opinions are not widespread, but these new bounty hunters have bern a game-changer for me, so I have to mention them as most-impactful for 2020.
    Post edited by Budgernaut on
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    Budgernaut wrote: »
    vejbn9hd8a7j.jpg
    Greef Karga and The Mandalorian were such boons to Bounty Hunter teams (and as you can see above, that's where my focus has been). These two have helped my bounty hunterd climb from 600-1,000 in arena to 300-500. I'm so excited that I can consistently beat Darth Revan/Malak teams now!

The mass heal/dispel on Karga is so needed for our bounty hunters and he slots in nicely to just about any bounty hunter list. Meanwhile, Mando's disintegration gives bounty hunters an out against really tough walls (like Malak).

I know my opinions are not widespread, but these new bounty hunters have bern a game-changer for me, so I have to mention them as most-impactful for 2020.

Nice stick it my with what you like
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    My highlight was definitely the inclusion of my favorite Imperial Character, Admiral Piett. Not only did they make him an excellent character, but he definitely provides a boost to Troopers and the Empire in general.

Nothing says fun like 30 stacks of Emperor's Trap when running EP, DV, TFP, Piett, and Thrawn in DS Geo.
  • Options
    Admiral Piett for me too, one of my favorite SW characters, and I love using the Empire faction in this game.
    ImperialCommanderShepard in SWGoH (Ally Code 297-277-437)

lOGRLCl CommanderShepard in HoDA

Find our Guild here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126148/praise-the-sun-for-some-jolly-co-op#latest

• Options
    Vader rework for me, unleashing his culling blade on a big stack of debuffs for 500k damage is so much fun.
  • Options
    Vader
    Finally the scary powerhouse that he should be.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Vader rework by far and piett right after
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Vader
    Finally the scary powerhouse that he should be.

Except on defence.

He mostly is if you actually run the right team and gear him right. Problem is no one ever does.

I've seen 1 300+ speed vader under a palp lead in TW since the rework.
    That team held better than the DR and GAS teams.
  • Options
    This ok25o5iya7o9.png
    is going to be my highlight...
  • SerWulfgar
    471 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    DojaFett. I dont say Luke's kit used to belong to windu, but i do say that this is the least authentic kit we have seen in the past 2 years. It's a good character, it's a horrible Luke. Suspiciously good synergy with KAM, but guess what... Luke is not a GalRep, so there is that.

The last enjoyable content we got was the DS geo (arguably GC-s too, but they are disappointing to me personally). We are getting characters that are not being properly tested, and they are unintentionally narrowing their own design space. There is a post celebrating the fleet meta anniversary, one could create a similar one for the meta-affecting bugs in the game.

So I will go with DojaFett. He is clearly forbidden to even touch the Ahnald-Gate, but otherwise he is a very valuable person and brings a much awaited quality to this game.
  • Options
    This ok25o5iya7o9.png
    This ok25o5iya7o9.png

And kit similar to wat! :p
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    I would say SLKR since I was pumped for a strong Kylo Ren variant since The Last Jedi

but I don't think this was a good year at all for SWGOH but that's a very long rant not for this thread
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I would say SLKR since I was pumped for a strong Kylo Ren variant since The Last Jedi

but I don't think this was a good year at all for SWGOH but that's a very long rant not for this thread

Start a thread for it. I want to read your rant.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It wasn't a good year for a lot of things.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    SEE buff is my highlight