Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They have stated they dont like to take things away, so putting it out there with a plan of "if it doesnt work, we will just take it back" is not going to be the way they would prefer to do things.

    Just because they don't like to do it doesn't mean they won't. Member when STR rewards weren't garbage? I member.

    And HNs from 8 back to 5.

    But there are few other examples of them taking things away, because they dont like to do that.

    You might have forgotten flash events, tournaments, and reducing GC frequency, just off the top of my head....

    No. I wasn't counting the removal of a whole event, and they didnt reduce the frequency, after the exhibition we were given the exact frequency we have now, it's just not what anyone wants.

    I'm just referencing rewards, where they have said they do not want to give rewards then reduce them.

    Then I misunderstood your point, because I was replying to the ""if it doesnt work, we will just take it back" point I thought you were making in the original quote. Regardless, removing an entire event (that had rewards for completion/winning) is, in effect, reducing rewards.

    Just for the record, they certainly have removed things or "altered the deal" to the detriment of the players in other aspects as well. Removing the crystal subscription, changing many (not all, admittedly) of the character packs by adding crystals, but doubling the cost, etc.

    But I am just being pedantic and splitting hairs. Honestly, given their history, I would not be at all surprised if they move forward without ever fixing the "technical issue" in bronziums. Whether or not it is "intentional" is really irrelevant (see TW matchmaking with smaller guilds, Teebo stealth bug, Unending Loyalty bug, etc.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • crzydroid
    5313 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They have stated they dont like to take things away, so putting it out there with a plan of "if it doesnt work, we will just take it back" is not going to be the way they would prefer to do things.

    Just because they don't like to do it doesn't mean they won't. Member when STR rewards weren't garbage? I member.

    And HNs from 8 back to 5.

    But there are few other examples of them taking things away, because they dont like to do that.

    You might have forgotten flash events, tournaments, and reducing GC frequency, just off the top of my head....

    Also the droids revenge event or whatever it was. My droids are good enough now that I bet I could get those sweet Jawa shards if they ever wanted to bring it back.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They have stated they dont like to take things away, so putting it out there with a plan of "if it doesnt work, we will just take it back" is not going to be the way they would prefer to do things.

    Just because they don't like to do it doesn't mean they won't. Member when STR rewards weren't garbage? I member.

    And HNs from 8 back to 5.

    But there are few other examples of them taking things away, because they dont like to do that.

    You might have forgotten flash events, tournaments, and reducing GC frequency, just off the top of my head....

    Also the droids revenge event or whatever it was. My droids are good enough now that I bet I could get those sweet Jawa shards if they ever wanted to bring it back.

    Yep - that was the on I forgot about. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ore the update were they change the fleet energy to cost and refresh rate to the same as nomral energy but in the same time take away all the geracrunsh pices from the fleet normal nodes
  • Just want to point out that I, for one, don't care about ally points or bronzium being nerfed. That's not exactly a fun part of the game anyway.
  • TVF
    27515 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Just want to point out that I, for one, don't care about ally points or bronzium being nerfed. That's not exactly a fun part of the game anyway.

    Yeah, getting more gear is always a drag.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They have stated they dont like to take things away, so putting it out there with a plan of "if it doesnt work, we will just take it back" is not going to be the way they would prefer to do things.

    Just because they don't like to do it doesn't mean they won't. Member when STR rewards weren't garbage? I member.

    And HNs from 8 back to 5.

    But there are few other examples of them taking things away, because they dont like to do that.

    You might have forgotten flash events, tournaments, and reducing GC frequency, just off the top of my head....

    No. I wasn't counting the removal of a whole event, and they didnt reduce the frequency, after the exhibition we were given the exact frequency we have now, it's just not what anyone wants.

    I'm just referencing rewards, where they have said they do not want to give rewards then reduce them.

    Oh right, like nerfing GC rewards (to eventually replace with something else that most likely limits the frequency of marquee events and thus also nerfs a source of a few mods for young players) or when they took away popular gear pieces from ship nodes like another post said or like when they removed all of those modes *which means* they were taking away a source of rewards or like when they changed zetas and removed them from everyone's characters (albeit compensating us with zeta mats but still removing some power from our rosters and the viability from the characters) or like the time that they gave us simmable Pit Raid but took away some of the rewards. The precedent of giving us something we've wanted and then taking something else away to compensate is ABSOLUTELY something they do, and fairly frequently. If they have said before that they don't like doing that, then it's on them to stop, but last I checked they do it all the time.
  • Ultowe wrote: »
    ore the update were they change the fleet energy to cost and refresh rate to the same as nomral energy but in the same time take away all the geracrunsh pices from the fleet normal nodes

    Yes, the list is much longer than they would like you to think.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They have stated they dont like to take things away, so putting it out there with a plan of "if it doesnt work, we will just take it back" is not going to be the way they would prefer to do things.

    Just because they don't like to do it doesn't mean they won't. Member when STR rewards weren't garbage? I member.

    And HNs from 8 back to 5.

    But there are few other examples of them taking things away, because they dont like to do that.

    You might have forgotten flash events, tournaments, and reducing GC frequency, just off the top of my head....

    Also the droids revenge event or whatever it was. My droids are good enough now that I bet I could get those sweet Jawa shards if they ever wanted to bring it back.

    Yep - that was the on I forgot about. :D

    Also the "all female hero" event that actually got pulled during its run.

    Also, Kyno, you can't really say "they don't like taking things away" and when people give you examples of them taking things away just say "well I wasn't counting that."
  • Kyno
    28383 posts Moderator
    When did I ever say they dont do it? When did I ever say they wouldnt do it?

    I was talking about a very specific statement and situation, they increased ally points rewarded and said they dont like to decrease or take away rewards, which is why they didnt lower them down when tournaments were removed.

    Sure you can use other examples that does also include rewards being removed when a whole game mode is removed, but still not the same thing, as they removed the whole game mode/event for it's own reasons. There really is no way to remove those things and then keep the rewards present.

    Increasing rewards for X reason, and then reducing them is never something they like to do. No that doesnt mean they will not do it, and no one said they wouldnt.

    Moving gear into and out of nodes is also not a 1 to 1, as they did make other things more accessible.

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    When did I ever say they dont do it? When did I ever say they wouldnt do it?

    I was talking about a very specific statement and situation, they increased ally points rewarded and said they dont like to decrease or take away rewards, which is why they didnt lower them down when tournaments were removed.

    Sure you can use other examples that does also include rewards being removed when a whole game mode is removed, but still not the same thing, as they removed the whole game mode/event for it's own reasons. There really is no way to remove those things and then keep the rewards present.

    Increasing rewards for X reason, and then reducing them is never something they like to do. No that doesnt mean they will not do it, and no one said they wouldnt.

    Moving gear into and out of nodes is also not a 1 to 1, as they did make other things more accessible.

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    I didn't say you said they don't do it, I very clearly quoted you saying they don't like to do it. Which we both know is what you said. But whether they like it or not, they do it all the time (as you have acknowledged).

    But, back on topic: they clearly have no actual intentions of un-nerfing Bronziums, else they would have used more definitive language. "We will explore a possible fix in the future," translates to "we know what the problem is and have decided it is too expensive to fix."
  • Marquees used to award ally points, guess what.. they removed those.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm. PM to join us.
  • Kyno
    28383 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    When did I ever say they dont do it? When did I ever say they wouldnt do it?

    I was talking about a very specific statement and situation, they increased ally points rewarded and said they dont like to decrease or take away rewards, which is why they didnt lower them down when tournaments were removed.

    Sure you can use other examples that does also include rewards being removed when a whole game mode is removed, but still not the same thing, as they removed the whole game mode/event for it's own reasons. There really is no way to remove those things and then keep the rewards present.

    Increasing rewards for X reason, and then reducing them is never something they like to do. No that doesnt mean they will not do it, and no one said they wouldnt.

    Moving gear into and out of nodes is also not a 1 to 1, as they did make other things more accessible.

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    I didn't say you said they don't do it, I very clearly quoted you saying they don't like to do it. Which we both know is what you said. But whether they like it or not, they do it all the time (as you have acknowledged).

    But, back on topic: they clearly have no actual intentions of un-nerfing Bronziums, else they would have used more definitive language. "We will explore a possible fix in the future," translates to "we know what the problem is and have decided it is too expensive to fix."

    So they said it, but have no intention. Got it.
  • Kyno
    28383 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    Well someone did bring up crystal subscriptions, so we've mentioned something relevant too. A resource source being removed that wasn't a game mode is still a precedent. We've hardly just been throwing useless words around.

    Or mentioning the nerfing of GC rewards. Or mentioning the post-release tweaking of character zeta's that led that them essentially removing GP and viability from our rosters outright, which is arguably worse than rewards being removed.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    When did I ever say they dont do it? When did I ever say they wouldnt do it?

    I was talking about a very specific statement and situation, they increased ally points rewarded and said they dont like to decrease or take away rewards, which is why they didnt lower them down when tournaments were removed.

    Sure you can use other examples that does also include rewards being removed when a whole game mode is removed, but still not the same thing, as they removed the whole game mode/event for it's own reasons. There really is no way to remove those things and then keep the rewards present.

    Increasing rewards for X reason, and then reducing them is never something they like to do. No that doesnt mean they will not do it, and no one said they wouldnt.

    Moving gear into and out of nodes is also not a 1 to 1, as they did make other things more accessible.

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    I didn't say you said they don't do it, I very clearly quoted you saying they don't like to do it. Which we both know is what you said. But whether they like it or not, they do it all the time (as you have acknowledged).

    But, back on topic: they clearly have no actual intentions of un-nerfing Bronziums, else they would have used more definitive language. "We will explore a possible fix in the future," translates to "we know what the problem is and have decided it is too expensive to fix."

    So they said it, but have no intention. Got it.

    Yes. Standard customer service type response. They knew we would be mad, and they knew we would ask. So they told us why it was going to be that way, and tried to appease by giving the illusion of possibly fixing in the future.
  • Jppc
    378 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login, they removed allypoints from daily challenge.
  • TVF
    27515 posts Member
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login,

    Um how so?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login,

    Um how so?

    I'm pretty sure they actually added more at one point. I know there was that one month where it was a whole lot (I think this past May?), but that was just a one-off celebration thing.
  • TVF
    27515 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login,

    Um how so?

    I'm pretty sure they actually added more at one point. I know there was that one month where it was a whole lot (I think this past May?), but that was just a one-off celebration thing.

    Exactly.

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    When did I ever say they dont do it? When did I ever say they wouldnt do it?

    I was talking about a very specific statement and situation, they increased ally points rewarded and said they dont like to decrease or take away rewards, which is why they didnt lower them down when tournaments were removed.

    Sure you can use other examples that does also include rewards being removed when a whole game mode is removed, but still not the same thing, as they removed the whole game mode/event for it's own reasons. There really is no way to remove those things and then keep the rewards present.

    Increasing rewards for X reason, and then reducing them is never something they like to do. No that doesnt mean they will not do it, and no one said they wouldnt.

    Moving gear into and out of nodes is also not a 1 to 1, as they did make other things more accessible.

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    I didn't say you said they don't do it, I very clearly quoted you saying they don't like to do it. Which we both know is what you said. But whether they like it or not, they do it all the time (as you have acknowledged).

    But, back on topic: they clearly have no actual intentions of un-nerfing Bronziums, else they would have used more definitive language. "We will explore a possible fix in the future," translates to "we know what the problem is and have decided it is too expensive to fix."

    So they said it, but have no intention. Got it.

    They intentionally used the word "explore" - which is vague and non-committal. Again, I don't think that's an oversight. CG's history in "changing things" or "removing things" is only relevant in far as to show that they have done it. Frequency is irrelevant, because they simply do it when they deem it necessary.

    This change is good for new players, and if sets the veteran players back, CG knows we are all used to it by now and will simply roll our collective eyes and move on. This is the way.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jppc
    378 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login,

    Um how so?

    Crystals were nerfed sometime under Carrie, can’t remember exactly.
  • Ultra
    7310 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login,

    Um how so?

    I'm pretty sure they actually added more at one point. I know there was that one month where it was a whole lot (I think this past May?), but that was just a one-off celebration thing.

    Yes, as part of StayAndPlay due to covid
    Jppc wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login,

    Um how so?

    Crystals were nerfed sometime under Carrie, can’t remember exactly.

    Source?
  • Will this affect faction packs or journey guide packs purchased with crystals? Or is it only store purchases and nodes?
  • TVF
    27515 posts Member
    Jppc wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    Not that any of this matters, so can we get back on topic please.

    When the question is whether or not they'll actually fix this "technical issue" or implement a temporary replacement method, I would think their track record of moving, removing, and changing things in game would be an important part of the topic.

    It would be, but we are talking about them changing rewards that are not connected to a game mode, and everyone is throwing examples of game modes that were introduced and removed, or the nodes where they removed gear to add other gear..... both of which are different than what is going on here and steering the conversation away from the topic that matters.

    I was just trying to help get this back onto bronzium/ally points, but that may be too much to ask, since we can all share examples all day of things changing and relate those to this situation and how evil they are and assume this will never change.

    They nerfed crystals from monthly login,

    Um how so?

    Crystals were nerfed sometime under Carrie, can’t remember exactly.

    Nope
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Do we have an ETA yet on when they’re coming back with a decision on how they will handle this?
  • Kyno
    28383 posts Moderator
    Do we have an ETA yet on when they’re coming back with a decision on how they will handle this?

    We currently have no word they will be handling this any differently than was expressed in the post.

    I would guess this will go out next week in the normal update schedule, but I am not certain on that timeline.
  • Ultra
    7310 posts Member
    @Kyno can we get a megatrhead for The road ahead?
  • Alright welp, they said they're not touching the economy until they address it in a future State of the Galaxy or Road Ahead post. Unless they actually plan to get those on schedule, that means no changes even considered until around April.

    For reference, last Road Ahead was in June, last SotG was in March.
Sign In or Register to comment.