The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Nemio
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Demerzel wrote: »
    The new raid has a mechanic that everytime the boss drops bellow a 20% threshold, the raid becomes harder.

This seems to be a very big flaw or simply a bug in the raid.

By adding this mechanic, CG is forcing 50-players to be online at the exact same time, and to post scores at the exact time, something that condradicts the game philosophy from the past 5 years

I think this was initially meant to apply only to singular runs, so it prevents solo raid teams for a long time, but somehow it got added globally by mistake.

Can we please get an official comment if CG actually meant for 50 people to be online at the same time and sync scores on a mobile game?

The mechanic was designed exactly the way it has been implemented. @Demerzel

This is not a bug and is 100% working as intended and designed. There was no other intention.

No you do need to be on at the same time, yes it is a benefit to coordinate, but no it is not 100% necessary.

@Kyno You have confirmed multiples times now that this is how it is supposed to work. However you haven't responded to a comment I said earlier, that this is not how it is working right now. We have actual footage as proof. Here it is (49 minutes, in case the timestamp doesn't work):
    https://youtu.be/cVUy0nhoyPk?t=2952
    You can see here Yoda is a bit faster than the boss. Padme too. Taking a safe guess, let's say he's anywhere between 220 and 300 speed. This is probably info we could have by Devs. Then let's look later (2h48 minutes, in case the timestamp doesn't work):
    https://youtu.be/cVUy0nhoyPk?t=10107
    Here, the boss has under 20% health. If it is working like you say, he should have 100%+75+75+75+75 = 400% speed. So anywhere between 880 and 1200. Then Jedi Master Luke goes before him. Unless I'm missing something (would appreciate someone pointing it out if so), the mechanics are not working as you are saying they are. It would be nice to have more insight than: 'It is working as intended'. He is indeed faster and seems to hit harder later on in the fight, but nowhere close to 4 times 75% buffs.
    Thanks for your time,
    Also poking @CG_Doja_Fett for visibility, no idea if it does something.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Nemio do you have time stamps to reference here, I would be hard pressed to ask them to watch 4 hours of video for without any idea what they are supposed to be looking for.

Also, my response is to someone who is saying it wasn't meant to be this way, and it was.
  • Nemio
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Nemio do you have time stamps to reference here, I would be hard pressed to ask them to watch 4 hours of video for without any idea what they are supposed to be looking for.

Also, my response is to someone who is saying it wasn't meant to be this way, and it was.

@Kyno Sorry I thought I added them in the links, I edited my post so you should see it now.
  • Nemio
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Also as a clarification. My goal is not for them to make it harder lol. I just want to understand how it is working right now, because the mechanics are worded in a confusing way, and let's be fair, having 4x speed boss for 20% of a phase is absurd. How it works right now seems to be harder, but manageable (I haven't done it yet, will try later today). Thanks for looking into this.
  • Options
    A3MC3 wrote: »
    2 years that we are waiting for a new raid ... and it's again a nonsense.

CG always forget that challenging is not similar than discourage.

The good level would be to add 1 ou 2 intermediate tiers to the guilds which are not able to finish this level but that are already too strong to have a realy challenge on the HSTR.

Our guild is 235MPG, the HSTR is finish in 20 min but we will not be able to finish the gamorean.

Please create intermediate Tier so we can improve our guilds strategie and preparing the current level ... but with fun.

In the state of things we will just have some leaves and discouragments.

So sad !

Just to be clear. I would call this a lot of things. I would NOT call it a "new" raid by any stretch.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    0xic8wiztg0p.jpg
    Dont understand something infrench that means "you can buy these materials at the looter shop"... But we can't. Shall we renounce?
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Anax33 wrote: »
    0xic8wiztg0p.jpg
    Dont understand something infrench that means "you can buy these materials at the looter shop"... But we can't. Shall we renounce?

Mon Dieu..

It must be a tense time for CG when something new, that has been requested so often (new raid) and they wrap it in a paywall. It could put them back on top in the rankings or be a deathblow. Time will tell. Feels like HSTR again but no knew hero.

• Options
    The rewards for relic 8 materials desperately need changed. It’s great for the guys in 1-3 to be able to get roughly two characters to relic 8 a month but for the guy in last to get enough material to get two characters to relic 8 in a year? That’s ridiculous! How are they supposed to complete!? The strong will get stronger and they will fall farther behind! Flatter rewards is the guy in last doesn’t get less than 5. Heck the range should be a variable of 4. 1-5 place get 10-11 pieces, 6-10 place get 9-10 pieces, 11-25 place get 7-9 pieces, and 26-50 place gets 7 pieces. The raid requires to much effort and cooperation only for everyone in the guild below 10 to get scraps. It’s an insult to the hard work they put in. Make the rewards like TB or TW with and extra piece (1-2 pieces) as a reward for top 10. That is more fair to the effort of the guild and a flatter rate like what was claimed.
  • Options
    The new raid has a mechanic that everytime the boss drops bellow a 20% threshold, the raid becomes harder.

By adding this mechanic, CG is forcing 50-players to be online at the exact same time, and to post scores at the exact time, something that condradicts the game philosophy from the past 5 years

I think this was initially meant to apply only to singular runs, so it prevents solo raid teams for a long time, but somehow it got added globally by mistake.

Can we please get an official comment if CG actually meant for 50 people to be online at the same time and sync scores on a mobile game?

This is not a bug and is 100% working as intended and designed. There was no other intention.

No you do need to be on at the same time, yes it is a benefit to coordinate, but no it is not 100% necessary.
    No, it is not 100% necessary but it's a **** sight harder to fight a mob that has 300% offense and speed boosts!

If CG wanted to nix solos then they could have ramped up the mob's difficulty within each individual battle, say every 5 or 10% damage done.

That way each battle starts with the same difficulty level but no one battle can post ridiculous damage.
  • Options
    Or just dont try to make it un solo able.

Also after 50 wins can this just be simable now?
  • Options
    Two things to say about this, that have been said already.

Stop making the rewards based on damage with a tiered effect. Make them more like the SIMS, that if you beat it everyone gets the same reward no matter how much damage you do. That way it helps everyone, and it does not keep giving the same top 10 players in each guild the best rewards. You are just perpetuation the issues with this game. Make it a guild event, where the whole guild is rewarded.

Also relic 5, really. ****. It should be relic 3. There is no reason that if you get a character to G13 you can't get it to relic 3, but 5 is just a punch to the D***.

Thanks as always EA. Nice to know you guys listen to the users... oh wait you don't
  • Options
    @DarkHelmet1138
    With the bad gear in there too or without it, they will adjust the good gear where you still get the same amount over time.

Not exactly. The community still gets the same amount over time, but with garbage gear in there, somebody is going to get more garbage & less productive gear than average & somebody is going to get more. So you can't say "you" will still get the same amount. The **average** person will get the same amount, but will I be average? Above? Below? You can't say.

Like mods, it's just one more way to make things difficult for good players with bad luck.

Ok but that is still just semantics. I'm ok with a little rng in the gear. Considering they do it for every game mode, it likely isn't going to change.

I also don't buy into the really bad luck making a lot of difference. Sure you may have a bad spell but over time it will average out. A lot of those posts of "I always get bad rng" are just whinners.
  • Options
    Ok but that is still just semantics.

Well, since you clearly don't know what semantics are, then I know you're making things up & not bothering to learn what you're talking about before you say it.

So, this conversation is no longer worthwhile. Have a nice day.
  • Options

If it was intended,it was a bad idea.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Looks like GC new system is just delaying reward payout and auto sim as advertised @Kyno. Its still a 1 and done mode. If you have the characters at the right gear you roll through, if not you can play more to try undergeared with strategy(today is a good example, 2 r7 an r6 and g11 with piett at g9 for me).

So as discussed yesterday, its nothing that makes it something for those guilds that cant beat this raid to do to play the game more

Yep beat it with max tokens in 20 min.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    So much love here, forgive me for not reading everything

Hoping to get some clarity on the %health damage attacks from the raid bosses @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett

It appears that toons who are supposed to take reduced damage from %health attacks (GLs, Malak, KRU, etc) are still taking damage from the full amount in the description abilities. P1 definitely appeared to be the main culpurit as the gamorean boss was slicing through some of those toons a little too quickly.

Am I crazy? Is it a bug? Is it WAI?

sr6hmrr58c20.png
  • Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    The new raid has a mechanic that everytime the boss drops bellow a 20% threshold, the raid becomes harder. [...]
    By adding this mechanic, CG is forcing 50-players to be online at the exact same time, and to post scores at the exact time [...]

The mechanic was designed exactly the way it has been implemented. @Demerzel [...]

My previous comment is gone. The game doesn't seem to be the only thing here, that is bugged. Just edited it to change the paragraph sizes and my comment disappeared.
    So, here I go again...
    This may be implemented in exactly the way it was designed, but that's just awful design in the first place.
    And here's me focusing on that last sentence of the quote:
    It depends.

A guild, which can defeat the Rancor and the pigs with all of its 50 members might be able to do it with 30 members, if they coordinate their attacks so all attack at the start of each phase.
    However, a guild, which needs each and every one of their 50 members and the time coordination will not be able to make it without attacking at the start of the phase.

Furthermore this just screws over everyone, who can't attack at the right time (because they have a family to feed or aren't in the right time zone or whatever), because they'll barely be able to do half the damage with the same effort and teams.
    And I'm also very interested in the exact mechanics of this 20% thing, which obviously doesn't work how everyone would think it works. Based on my observation for the timestamps of the video posted above I'd say the speed for the second timestamp is 75% higher than for the first timestamp.

The raid is 48 hours long, shouldn't be impossible to coordinate two times in two days to hit the raid

The attacks go by so quickly its like a 10 min time investment

Except when you consider people have jobs, lives and live in several time zones throughout the world...
    But sure, tell someone to wake up at 3am to put in some damage. Do it for the cause!
  • Options
    It's not like they're living all in the same time zone with every one having a 9-to-5 job

This.

And I'm not condemning forced-cooperation either, but CG should recognize the work they're asking people to put in (especially but not only the officers) and make the rewards appropriate. This both means flatter than they currently are (since everyone is going to be crucial to the effort - there is no one worth 1/11th the rewards of someone else in a true group activity like this) and also it might possibly mean more gear than is currently awarded (since I don't really know how much gear gets dropped yet, I can't say for sure).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The new raid has a mechanic that everytime the boss drops bellow a 20% threshold, the raid becomes harder. [...]
    By adding this mechanic, CG is forcing 50-players to be online at the exact same time, and to post scores at the exact time [...]

The mechanic was designed exactly the way it has been implemented. @Demerzel [...]

My previous comment is gone. The game doesn't seem to be the only thing here, that is bugged. Just edited it to change the paragraph sizes and my comment disappeared.
    So, here I go again...
    This may be implemented in exactly the way it was designed, but that's just awful design in the first place.
    And here's me focusing on that last sentence of the quote:
    It depends.

A guild, which can defeat the Rancor and the pigs with all of its 50 members might be able to do it with 30 members, if they coordinate their attacks so all attack at the start of each phase.
    However, a guild, which needs each and every one of their 50 members and the time coordination will not be able to make it without attacking at the start of the phase.

Furthermore this just screws over everyone, who can't attack at the right time (because they have a family to feed or aren't in the right time zone or whatever), because they'll barely be able to do half the damage with the same effort and teams.
    And I'm also very interested in the exact mechanics of this 20% thing, which obviously doesn't work how everyone would think it works. Based on my observation for the timestamps of the video posted above I'd say the speed for the second timestamp is 75% higher than for the first timestamp.

Just to be clear, at no point did I say it was good or what they should have done.

The post I am replying to stated it was a bug. And it was supposed to be one way and they made it the other.

My reply is accurate from the discussions we have had with the team.

• Options
    Well our guild just tried it and it will probably take us quite some time before we can get through Phase 1 and probably several months before we have enough squads to get through the whole thing even if we are able to coordinate our attacks properly.

I think only a minority has a squad that can do 4% damage let alone more than one. For reference we are only doing about 20 stars in DS Geo and 10 stars in LS Geo at the present time.
  • Options

The raid is 48 hours long, shouldn't be impossible to coordinate two times in two days to hit the raid

The attacks go by so quickly its like a 10 min time investment

*four times
    each of those for 50 people, maybe 25, but both isn't easy. And there're always people getting screwed. It's not like they're living all in the same time zone with every one having a 9-to-5 job

You can clear a phase in less than 5 mins, so two phases would be 10 or less
    So two 10 minute commitments

Guild events are about group coordination

Again, different time zones. It’s not the physical time itself spent in game. It’s the time zone people are in. It’s 330pm for me right now and another guildie may be 3:30 am right now. Why should they need to get up in the middle of the night? Please start getting the point
  • Options
    Territory Battles, Territory Wars, Grand Arena, raids, events, daily activity resets, energy and store refreshes. All of this game's content is geared to accommodate the fact that its players and guilds are scattered around the World in different timezones and with different patterns of real life and in-game activity.

Now suddenly this raid directly contradicts that philosophy by virtually requiring multiple guild members from potentially very different timezones to be playing at the same time in order to succeed.

All because of that ramping damage/speed mechanic.