Drop Rates for IG11 and Kuiil

Replies

• Options
    I spent 1808 and got 30 of each shard on 16 energy nodes.
    I was pretty disappointed with that rate but it seems like I have done well compared to some others. Will have to keep an eye on it.

This is actually quite good, it seems like.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So with a combined 2% drop rate, that means a 16 energy node is 32%, around the same as a normal cantina character drop. For any particular character it's half that; but if they were normal characters on two seperate nodes you're farming about the same amount.

So on average it's the same as trying to farm both vets for JTR. The difference here is you might finish one and then instead of intentionally going after the other, you might keep getting shards of the one you have.

....and that would make the article that Doja linked to in his announcement regarding the event completely innacurate, along with the estimated "2 refreshes to get to 7*" statement in said article.

Now, to be fair I didn't listen to the linked podcast, so if there were any statements made there that might correct the write up Doja linked to, that'd be great to know.

Yeah, I didn't really look at the site or listen to the podcast. But assuming even drops, it would take an average of 49 days to 7* both with three refreshes/day. So unless the droprate just got super screwed up and it was meant to be 4% each instead of 2% combined, I'm not sure how 2 refreshes would get you to 7* in 22 days. Now, if you bought the 3x $20 five-character pack, and both of the $10 individual packs, you're down to 30 days for both at 3 refreshes. So still way off if someone was estimating two refreshes.

Yes, it seems that the article presumed Galactic Chase rates (4%/energy) on both - which even i had assumed was oddly generous for CG. I actually thought it might be 4% combined. Which is why I was prepared to need to at least triple refresh and by packs.

But, unless this 2% combined is not a bug or mistake, and CG fully intended to slash the drop rate to one fourth of what the article presented (and half of what it should be) then there is no rush, because, as you correctly pointed out, it would take almost two months at that rate.

Which is why my hoarded crystals are on hold until we get some sort of official answer.

Between this and the Rancor rework, CG is really sticking it to the player base. Disappointing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yeah, why are so many people attributing those words to Doja?

Because he linked it? Are suggesting he linked it but didn't read it?
    Yes?

So you're going with Hanlon's Razor on this one?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I'm keen to see an increase to 2%/2% and a compensatory few Shards per Cantina energy spent.

But I'm not expecting it.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Options
    17 attempts on the lando shard
    22 lando (11 in old money)
    2 ig
    2 kuii

18 attempts on the lando shard
    14 lando (7 in old money)
    0 ig
    0 kuii
  • Options
    1111 energy
    25 shards total = 2.3%
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    So with a combined 2% drop rate, that means a 16 energy node is 32%, around the same as a normal cantina character drop. For any particular character it's half that; but if they were normal characters on two seperate nodes you're farming about the same amount.

So on average it's the same as trying to farm both vets for JTR. The difference here is you might finish one and then instead of intentionally going after the other, you might keep getting shards of the one you have.

....and that would make the article that Doja linked to in his announcement regarding the event completely innacurate, along with the estimated "2 refreshes to get to 7*" statement in said article.

Now, to be fair I didn't listen to the linked podcast, so if there were any statements made there that might correct the write up Doja linked to, that'd be great to know.

Yeah, I didn't really look at the site or listen to the podcast. But assuming even drops, it would take an average of 49 days to 7* both with three refreshes/day. So unless the droprate just got super screwed up and it was meant to be 4% each instead of 2% combined, I'm not sure how 2 refreshes would get you to 7* in 22 days. Now, if you bought the 3x $20 five-character pack, and both of the $10 individual packs, you're down to 30 days for both at 3 refreshes. So still way off if someone was estimating two refreshes.

22 days 2 refreshes assumption was built on galactic chase drop rates per character, not 2 of them combined.
  • Options

Yes, it seems that the article presumed Galactic Chase rates (4%/energy) on both - which even i had assumed was oddly generous for CG. I actually thought it might be 4% combined. Which is why I was prepared to need to at least triple refresh and by packs.

But, unless this 2% combined is not a bug or mistake, and CG fully intended to slash the drop rate to one fourth of what the article presented (and half of what it should be) then there is no rush, because, as you correctly pointed out, it would take almost two months at that rate.

Which is why my hoarded crystals are on hold until we get some sort of official answer.

Between this and the Rancor rework, CG is really sticking it to the player base. Disappointing.

I get that the drop rate isn’t coming out as to what people expected but is still don’t see how adding them as additive drops for 3 weeks is “sticking it to the player base” like okay people aren’t gonna get them 7* in those 3 weeks but with refreshes and maybe like a week or 2 on a hard node after you’ll still be getting them faster than you would off just a normal hard node farm and you can farm SSC, Relic materials or a toon you may not have in the process. There’s a lot of things that can be considered sticking it to the player base but that isn’t one of them
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

I get that the drop rate isn’t coming out as to what people expected but is still don’t see how adding them as additive drops for 3 weeks is “sticking it to the player base” like okay people aren’t gonna get them 7* in those 3 weeks but with refreshes and maybe like a week or 2 on a hard node after you’ll still be getting them faster than you would off just a normal hard node farm and you can farm SSC, Relic materials or a toon you may not have in the process. There’s a lot of things that can be considered sticking it to the player base but that isn’t one of them

If not for the chase drop rate diversion I would have also received it on the good side. But these little chipping aways keeps getting unrevealed like gc with beskar mando needs. Do we know if these 2 goes to ls/ds -immediately- afterwards?
  • Options

The free shards whilst getting Relic mats are great. The rate is looking to be around half (maybe less) what it was for previous Chase style events on Hard Nodes.

However, if the data mine is to believed, Beskar Mando is needed for feats in a December Galactic Challenge. They could have made more money on crystal refreshes and speed gearing, at least from me, if the old drop rate was used. As it stands I'll just get as far as I can with the crystals I have before the event ends.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

If not for the chase drop rate diversion I would have also received it on the good side. But these little chipping aways keeps getting unrevealed like gc with beskar mando needs. Do we know if these 2 goes to ls/ds -immediately- afterwards?

Yes we do, it’s in the swgoh events write up, they go to hard nodes on the 6th of January when the additive event ends. The GC feats will be very poor form if proven to be true, I don’t like that at all
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

First off, it was this issue taken in tandem with the Rancor rework but yes, I consider manipulating players into dumping crystals on refreshes based on misinformation about drop rates "sticking it to the players". If you don't, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

The free shards whilst getting Relic mats are great. The rate is looking to be around half (maybe less) what it was for previous Chase style events on Hard Nodes.

However, if the data mine is to believed, Beskar Mando is needed for feats in a December Galactic Challenge. They could have made more money on crystal refreshes and speed gearing, at least from me, if the old drop rate was used. As it stands I'll just get as far as I can with the crystals I have before the event ends.

Yeah I agree they could have made more from the old drop rates, I know I’d be going for them way more than I’m going to over the next 3 weeks and if that GC feat datamine is true then that’s very poor form from them. Until we know for sure about that though I’m still not classing this as sticking it to the player base
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Yeah I agree they could have made more from the old drop rates, I know I’d be going for them way more than I’m going to over the next 3 weeks and if that GC feat datamine is true then that’s very poor form from them. Until we know for sure about that though I’m still not classing this as sticking it to the player base

1 step forward and 5 steps back. This is the CG way.

I swear they get off on giving players the worst. I don't think I've seen another game company be this bad. Not even the Chinese game devs.
  • Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Another day and another CG rip off.

How is free shards a rip off? I missed the message where they said you only get shards if you buy extra energy. Last week when I farmed relic mats I got zero kuill and IG11 shards, now I'm getting them at a 40% rate. Yeah free shards is awful
  • Options
    Garbage!
    d2rnfccxvkz3.jpg

Actually, your drop is amazingly lucky! You got an omega! That almost never happens. :D

• Options
    Are we forgetting that those drops are extra, so no matter what the drops are it's a bonus.
  • Options
    ArvuorKun wrote: »
    Are we forgetting that those drops are extra, so no matter what the drops are it's a bonus.

Huh. I never realized Mark had a burner forum account. :D

• Options
    ArvuorKun wrote: »

I think what some people are upset about (at least me) is just the clear misinformation about the drop rate. if they had said nothing about the drop rate it would have been better. some people would still have been upset by the bad drop rate probably, but then if they had burnt crystals for energy it would be on them.
  • Options
    Garbage!
    d2rnfccxvkz3.jpg

Actually, your drop is amazingly lucky! You got an omega! That almost never happens. :D

Perhaps, you're right and I should be grateful.....

I don't want your stinking omegas, give me my shards!!!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

I’ll have those omegas if you don’t want them
  • crzydroid
    7323 posts Moderator
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that it may not have ever been intended for f2p/non-whales to finish these guys by the end of the additive drop period--unkike other Legendaries/Journeys, this is being perma-added to Journey Guide right away. After additive drops are done, these guys are going to their permanent nodes. So I believe CG really does see these drops as a bonus over what you would get with normal marquees. It feels like a rip because Mando is dropped starting with the additive drops instead of at least a few weeks of normally farmable. But again--permanently available.

So all in all, I think light spenders and f2p are still getting Beskar Mando earlier than normal timeframe from new required marquee releases. And the difficulty sounds like it will be easier than Chewbacca. But whales still get it sooner.

I think it just seems like a shaft because people expected galactic chase drop rates for them individually, which I don't think was ever implied. I don't know where the "two refreshes" quote came from, but it sounds like either wishful thinking or poor intra-office communication.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Something seems wrong with the drop rates.
  • Options
    I think it just seems like a shaft because people expected galactic chase drop rates for them individually, which I don't think was ever implied. I don't know where the "two refreshes" quote came from, but it sounds like either wishful thinking or poor intra-office communication.

This came from the Galactic War Report, which was linked by CG in their official announcement. Maybe no one at CG read/watched it, but it still seems misleading to have a an official CG post link to misinformation.
  • Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »

How is free shards a rip off? I missed the message where they said you only get shards if you buy extra energy. Last week when I farmed relic mats I got zero kuill and IG11 shards, now I'm getting them at a 40% rate. Yeah free shards is awful

How are you getting them at a 40% drop rate when everyone else is getting a 2ish% drop rate? I think your math might be a little off.
  • crzydroid
    7323 posts Moderator
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »

How are you getting them at a 40% drop rate when everyone else is getting a 2ish% drop rate? I think your math might be a little off.

They might mean 40% per battle, not per energy. The 2% drop rate is per energy, so on a 16-energy node that's 32%. So an off the cuff estimate of 40% on a small sample size seems reasonable if they are talking about the per-battle rate.
  • Options
    For the “why are you complaining about free shards” people. Here’s why we’re complaining.

In past chase events they made it very clear what the drop rates were well before the event happened. This time they officially linked to an article that stated the rates were assumed to be the same as other events. They never officially announced the rates and they never corrected the linked article. Then on the date of the event, they used very ambiguous language in the release info that led us to believe the rates are the same. Everyone prepared and spent crystals because of their misleading information. CRYSTALS ARE NOT FREE! They have a value. They cut the drop rates by 1/4th without telling us, thus devaluing our crystals by the same. That’s a rip off. Yes, they are giving us shards at a slight discount over the normal farm cost. But that doesn’t excuse them misleading us into spending crystals for a MUCH less than expected return.