[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

• There is nothing in the game that allows small groups or cooperative play with people not of your guild. Would be fun.
  • Bartek wrote: »
    - Today we’re excited to announce..
    - Conquest is a new game mode..
    - Conquest will appear..
    - The Conquest event will run..
    - We’re introducing..

You missed the "when" part CG:)

"the coming weeks before the event"
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Please NO FEATS, everything else is fine, I do not like FEATS please please do not gate rewards behind FEATS, you don’t even have the amount of healing or evades or whatever you have to do for FEATS in galactic Challenge, without this QOL it is very discouraging to try them, no one including me wants to waste 30 or more minutes trying to figure out how much healing your Sith are doing to achieve the FEAT. PLEASE CG listen to me I’m pleading to you FEATS are NOT Fun or ENGAGING unless there is a status BAR telling you your status on the FEAT during the battle ! This feature is needed also in raids but PLEASE rethink this FEAT mechanic, there are better ways to do this ! I feel happy just beating the battle with any certain faction, you can even do faction towers but please do NOT gate rewards behind FEATS! That is limiting you CG, from doing good things in the game and community ! Please do not half way do this conquest mode with gimmicks, doing things like not redoing echoes basic attack (gain CD buff) because it doesn’t make sense or how half the toons in the game have no relevance in metas that define Raids/TB/TWs/GAC/Squad arena , these modes only require the best toons in the game only making everything else irrelevant except GL requirements. I am begging you CG do not half bake this mode like the rest of your content , like how visas marr since her release has no purpose do not make these kinds of mistakes you are grown and you have us the players making this dream happen for you and me! Please deliver on this content and keep the content going , we need desperate QOL updates , the scrap system needs scroll bars for the amount of gear you need to make please, mind these small things that make my life easier while playing, these are the kinds of things that matter most to us and shows me and other players that you really do care, being willing to come back and fix bugs and toons and outdated kits that’s how you can show us you care.
    Thank you

I think your caps lock button is possessed to activate whenever you think the word feats
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    @Potato211
    Waiting a month for rewards? Come on.

We don't know yet, but I imagine that's not what they mean. Again, it's just what it sounds like to me, but my take is that as long as you're in one sector, you can try to accomplish feats or whatever to improve rewards for that sector.

Givent that, it seems like the saved up rewards would be handed out when you leave one sector for the next. I don't know if that would be based on time (you leave this sector in 1 week) or if it would happen when you kill the BBEL (the timing of which would be at least somewhat under your control), but it certainly wouldn't be waiting an entire month.

The post itself explicitly says rewards will be handed out when the event ends. Not sure where you're getting they'll be released at the end of the sector or whatever.

Try reading the whole paragraph.
    As players complete combat missions, mission feats, sector-level feats or event-level feats, they’ll earn Conquest Keycards which will be used to unlock successively better crates of rewards (which similar to Galactic Challenges, will be paid out at the end of the event) as well as intermediate rewards which can be immediately claimed.

intermediate is not the same as the event's rewards so not sure why you're trying to point that out to me. They already establish in the post that the intermediate rewards are minor and not part of the full rewards.
  • Gibrise wrote: »

Also another Shop Currency, how many do we need, why not give out GEC2 currency and expand what you can buy.

maybe.. because this isn't a guild event?
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Multiple stores with their own currency and stuff to buy is better than just concentrating everything to one store

Plus, it encourages players not to hoard currencies for newer stuff to be added and promotes spending currency, you know, something the players have been asking for
  • I will reserve judgement, but I am extremely wary. Could be fantastic, could be as frustrating and awful as GCs. Who knows. Keep your minds on the here and now. ;)
  • Hornist wrote: »
    Keep your minds on the here and now. ;)
    I'm not sure that's the point of road aheads...

DarthNoscoper#6969
  • ndwilson
    89 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I just have one question, will we be able to use fleets as well in this game mode?
  • This sounds great, something players have wanted for a long time. Just 1 request though, please can bosses and high level enemies not be 'tough and challenging' based on them having ludicrous speed, a massive health pool and tons of tenacity so no debuffs land?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CUFCfan wrote: »
    This sounds great, something players have wanted for a long time. Just 1 request though, please can bosses and high level enemies not be 'tough and challenging' based on them having ludicrous speed, a massive health pool and tons of tenacity so no debuffs land?

So not based on the stats that we would all use to make a team more difficult to face or harder to counter...... unfortunately that is not likely. I am assuming that those bosses are teams like we face now, but still I think it's unlikely they will not use stats like those.
    @Potato211

We don't know yet, but I imagine that's not what they mean. Again, it's just what it sounds like to me, but my take is that as long as you're in one sector, you can try to accomplish feats or whatever to improve rewards for that sector.

Givent that, it seems like the saved up rewards would be handed out when you leave one sector for the next. I don't know if that would be based on time (you leave this sector in 1 week) or if it would happen when you kill the BBEL (the timing of which would be at least somewhat under your control), but it certainly wouldn't be waiting an entire month.

The post itself explicitly says rewards will be handed out when the event ends. Not sure where you're getting they'll be released at the end of the sector or whatever.

As players complete combat missions, mission feats, sector-level feats or event-level feats, they’ll earn Conquest Keycards which will be used to unlock successively better crates of rewards (which similar to Galactic Challenges, will be paid out at the end of the event) as well as intermediate rewards which can be immediately claimed.

intermediate is not the same as the event's rewards so not sure why you're trying to point that out to me. They already establish in the post that the intermediate rewards are minor and not part of the full rewards.

You asked another poster

Just because they are intermediate rewards does not make them 'non-event' awards. There are event rewards you get for intermediate things (which may or may not be related to clearing sectors, etc). And there are event rewards you get at event end.
  • I would have liked for your road ahead to at least mention fleets. What's going on there? We haven't had a new ship since June and the meta's been stagnant in over a year.
  • Does anyone think 6v6 with 2 leaders or just 1 , as a GAC season is a lot better than 3v3 or can be added in conjunction, I would like to try this please
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Dianora wrote: »
    I would have liked for your road ahead to at least mention fleets. What's going on there? We haven't had a new ship since June and the meta's been stagnant in over a year.

Agreed. Road aheads shouldnt just cover one aspect of the game, imo. Would love to know about a new raid, the status of ships, the gear economy update, QOL updates, and Q&A's to name a few. Looks like Feb will be empty until the very end.
    Post edited by Iy4oy4s on
  • Gibrise wrote: »
    We waited a year for polygons upgrades and code tools to be done in addition to reverting back to better legendary events, which I get but now this is done and well received, we are ready and still waiting for the ocean of new content and characters....

So Where is it? Is this really it... I expect a lot more than this

1. You don`t even know how it looks yet, but say its not enough
    2. You haven`t played it yet, but imply you know you will be bored fast
    3. It doesn`t sound like this is the last new gamemode that is coming to the game, so no, this is not it, its just a part
  • Yes man! F yes, nearing 6 years I've been with this game and finally a game mode I am genuinely excited for. Sounds like it's taking SWBF GC and adapting it to this game which should have been done a long time ago. But hopefully now with the size of roster this game mode could be so intricate and fun.

Thank you! Genuinely hyped!
  • I wish they would stop using the Road Ahead to tell us about one single thing at a time. Just call the post "Conquest mode" or whatever.

I am excited though, it sounds fun.
    It also sounds like they wont be doing anything else at all for months to come, I'm not saying they aren't, but their Road Ahead seems to say as much.

Fanatic wrote: »
    @Potato211

You asked another poster

Just because they are intermediate rewards does not make them 'non-event' awards. There are event rewards you get for intermediate things (which may or may not be related to clearing sectors, etc). And there are event rewards you get at event end.

But the event rewards, the best rewards, are not given out until the end of the event. The rewards we all want are not the 'intermediate rewards'. We want the event's rewards. Which will not be given out until the end of the month, per the Road Ahead they just posted. I'm not saying anything incorrect so again, I do not understand why the response.

Also I didn't say intermediate rewards were 'non-event' rewards. But they will not be the same rewards we're getting at the end of the event. That would defeat the purpose of having a reward crate that releases at the end of the month.
  • Looks like Shattered Order Podcast got it fairly right
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • What's the catch, cg?

You have to keep playing the game instead of doing something meaningful.

It's a whole huge plan from their lizarmen masters to maintain us braindead with quality entertainment.
  • I still say that the #1 best investment that CG could make would be to create Guild Arena and let guild officers figure out how to use it. Squad and Fleet Arena are well established parts of the game - easy to implement with shards that are max 50 players (linked to guild roster) and let them figure it out. Doesn't even need rewards (getting to use your roster is the reward!)...

GUILD ARENA

Say it with me CG, GUILD ARENA
  • I absolutely love it on paper. We have been needing some GREAT new PVE content for a while now. Just one question. With the amount of time this game mode sounds like it will take to do each day, can we get a sim feature for Assault Battles with this launch? Because Assault Battles take a lot of time to complete by battling each level every time.
  • It's Erik! Hi Erik, I'm glad to see you are still here. It's been forever since we've heard from you. And bringing good news, of course. I can't wait to see more.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Hmmm interesting.

I need to see more to make up my mind. Parts sound good. Others sound blah.

Guess later this year we may get to see something.

Make sure this dumps stun guns and stun cuffs all over us. I want to drown in that sea of content.
  • First things first. The title is wrong. That is not the road ahead, it is the announcement of that crappy new mode coming to the game.

I hope it is not as crappy as it sounds though........

And a big thank you to CG for all the QOL updates that are coming to the game!!!!!Oh wait........
  • Well at least there is no art explanation