Merciless massacre wai?

Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited February 2021
aqdtbmgjzzn6.jpg
So just faced off a padme team with a gear 12 ahsoka, casted merciless, did the force crush and since ahsoka was gear 12 she went below 100% hp and Annie got ticked off, and one spotted Vader, I thought they were only allowed to counter attack and not take a turn when Vader was in merciless mode.

Replies

• Options
    It could also be I'm not understanding the kit properly 😕
  • Options
    It's working as intended. Other characters gaining bonus turns because of something Vader did is allowed. It just prevents anything from happening because Vader took a bonus turn.
  • Options
    WAI. It doesn't prevent bonus turns.

It prevents effects caused by characters getting bonus turns. At present we don't any of those effects. It's just a bit of future-proofing in his kit.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

It prevents effects caused by characters getting bonus turns. At present we don't any of those effects. It's just a bit of future-proofing in his kit.

Got it! Thanks 😊🙏 should had used traya lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

but JKA's kit says "Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were GR at the start of battle" Its says bonus turn in his ability, so Vader should have stopped that? Perhaps I am also missing something.
  • Options
    Actually we do:

Press the Advantage on SLKR doesn't activate when Vader is in Merciless Massacre. It activates on "speed recovery" or "bonus speed gain" for H/P decrease, and "delay" or "bonus speed loss" for H/P increase.

Vader's MM turns are coded as "Vaders unique bonus turns", the same way that Thrawn's swap is coded as a hard "recover 500% TM" with no handler to trigger effects elsewhere.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @Iy4oy4s it prevents abilities that are triggered by Vader taking bonus turns/gaining TM.

JKA/GG bonus turns aren't triggered because someone gained TM or took a turn, they're triggered by damage/death markers being hit. Hence why they can still happen.
  • Options
    But bonus turns (as in actual bonus turns, not "gain 100% TM") don't trigger Press the Advantage anyway do they? Hux certainly doesn't.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @UdalCuain you are correct. Hux doesn't trigger it either. It does have a handler, unlike Thrawn, which is odd. It seems like the "turn meter gain" caveat at the end almost seems inserted to clarify exactly this situation: SLKR.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @UdalCuain you are correct. Hux doesn't trigger it either. It does have a handler, unlike Thrawn, which is odd.

It's the old problem of bonus turns, 100% TM, and older kits using them interchangeably.

We should maybe shhh on Hux incase they change it.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that's working as intended.

I have capitalized off that interaction many times when I used to see Vaders in arena. He'd kill/damage someone, Anakin would get mad, deal big damage, and Padme would turn all those DoT's into protection up, stopping any further debuffs, and creating lots of courage.
  • Options
    It seems to be WAI, however I think that it could be tweaked so that any characters who now have a bonus turn like JKA does if you kill someone on his team should wait until after MM is completed.