Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    6h7nyz4hy175.png

Feats are the most boring part of this deal as per usual. This won't be a problem on normal, but hard will be too hard to go after some of the feats. Imagine some of the feats like -take 10 consecutive turns before enemy takes a turn- on oversized teams of hard.

Most of the feats were ok. But I gave up trying to remove 700% TM from a squad with SEE and Vader in it since both are immune to TM reduction.

I tried with discs, one reducing TM when damage is inflicted and another that inflicts DoTs. Plus Vader lead and Gideon. But since there is no counter I don’t know how much TM I removed. However, I doubt I was close to the threshold.

Now imagine doing the same at high relics along with zone buffs we don't yet know matches with normal. Most of the battles on hard will be about survivability rather than in match events of many turns (which the feats certainly require).

Well, I already thought about that. It’s the reason why I was worried about the data discs. Instant defeat below 50% health or mass assist whenever a leader uses an ability ... that’s huge. My 8% speed plus 5% evasion are a joke in comparison.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    6h7nyz4hy175.png

Feats are the most boring part of this deal as per usual. This won't be a problem on normal, but hard will be too hard to go after some of the feats. Imagine some of the feats like -take 10 consecutive turns before enemy takes a turn- on oversized teams of hard.

Most of the feats were ok. But I gave up trying to remove 700% TM from a squad with SEE and Vader in it since both are immune to TM reduction.

I tried with discs, one reducing TM when damage is inflicted and another that inflicts DoTs. Plus Vader lead and Gideon. But since there is no counter I don’t know how much TM I removed. However, I doubt I was close to the threshold.

Now imagine doing the same at high relics along with zone buffs we don't yet know matches with normal. Most of the battles on hard will be about survivability rather than in match events of many turns (which the feats certainly require).

Well, I already thought about that. It’s the reason why I was worried about the data discs. Instant defeat below 50% health or mass assist whenever a leader uses an ability ... that’s huge. My 8% speed plus 5% evasion are a joke in comparison.

Lolol, that made me think of the evasion feats. Since opponents will all have higher accuracy stats, they will miss way less and these feats in particular might pose a problem.
  • Options
    6h7nyz4hy175.png

Lolol, that made me think of the evasion feats. Since opponents will all have higher accuracy stats, they will miss way less and these feats in particular might pose a problem.

We will have to spend more energy per feat. That’s not too bad since it’s still doable in 2 weeks. But for some feats that chances could be very slim for players without top notch boosters
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    6h7nyz4hy175.png

We will have to spend more energy per feat. That’s not too bad since it’s still doable in 2 weeks. But for some feats that chances could be very slim for players without top notch boosters

At 76 relics, 2 gls, normal was too easy for me. I don't expect the red box from hard, I will try though. There may be feats nothing in my roster may be able to get...even with refills. Will see.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Something I've been pondering; Even the lowest box in hard is as good as red box in normal. For people at the edge of hard capability (guessing 4.5-6m range) the first 2 sectors will be very important since we start naked of cards and higher boxes will require a good set of cards in later sectors.

Kudos to cg about this highest box normal, lowest box hard matching though. Even being capable of one box in hard is good enough to get stuck and not regret it.
  • nottenst
    700 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Since there are feats that are "not including a tank" or "not including an attacker" in the squad (and so forth), it would be useful if there was an exclusionary filter available for picking the squad to prevent mistakes.
  • Options
    I love this mode, it’s fun to play. Some ship battles would be great to add interest to fleets.

I have a concern with the insane steadfast retribution (100 % damage reflection) and a team General Skywalker/clones in normal sector 2. It’s way too hard, even with discs. If you hit hard, your ally dies and you can’t revive due to the leader ability.

I’m stuck after several tries with different teams and I can’t choose another path.
  • Options
    Saturne wrote: »
    I love this mode, it’s fun to play. Some ship battles would be great to add interest to fleets.

I have a concern with the insane steadfast retribution (100 % damage reflection) and a team General Skywalker/clones in normal sector 2. It’s way too hard, even with discs. If you hit hard, your ally dies and you can’t revive due to the leader ability.

I’m stuck after several tries with different teams and I can’t choose another path.

Padme GR team.
  • Options

Padme GR team.

My padme team is only 50k :-(
    I’m not a big player yet.
  • Options
    Is there a way to check data cards without equipping them? I tried to see what they’d do, but it equipped them and I had to spend currency to take them off. Not sure if I did something wrong, or was in the wrong spot to check them. Would be nice to be able to see what the data cards do and have a confirmation button to place them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is there a way to check data cards without equipping them? I tried to see what they’d do, but it equipped them and I had to spend currency to take them off. Not sure if I did something wrong, or was in the wrong spot to check them. Would be nice to be able to see what the data cards do and have a confirmation button to place them.

No there is not, and yes that has been conveyed to them.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

No there is not, and yes that has been conveyed to them.

Thanks for letting me know. Kinda hard to keep up with forums at times.
  • Options
    It’s so hard there’s no way I can get past the first battle.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    HITSQUAD wrote: »
    It’s so hard there’s no way I can get past the first battle.

Perhaps some assistance could be provided you if we knew your swgoh.gg link. What squads are you facing/using?
  • BowBeforeMe
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I don’t mind the feats in this mode because, unlike the challenges they don’t some random grind heavy character be in the squad (i.e Beskar mando). Because of that I’ve been able to complete all of them.

I definitely agree it’s not perfect, but it’s a fresh gameplay loop with solid mechanics, there’s a lot of flexibility, and most importantly, it’s fun. As it stands, the mode is very good, but with a few tweaks it could be truly great. In the past, new game modes required substantial overhauls before they were able to function as intended, but that definitely isn’t the case here.

As of right now, the most pressing issues are the energy refresh rate, the clunky UI, and the games stability. I could count the number of times it crashed over the past couple of years on one hand, but that total has been exceeded on a daily basis.
  • Hortus
    635 posts Member
    Options
    Can we please get more detailed preview of enemy team stats? Speed, in particular. 330+ speed ewoks isn't the thing you can usually expect in the game. I wonder how bad in will be in later stages. Thinking about battle plan against exceptionally strong team is one thing, jumping into the unknown is another...
  • JayChey
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    My feedback (5.4m GP) :)

+ great game mode with challenging battles and plenty of theory crafting
    + energy refresh speed and overall pace really good for 2 weeks, I like doing some battles every day
    + data cards are just fun
    + good rewards

/ testing different data card setups not very encouraging due to event currency needed, maybe one free data card removal per day or 3 days? Or like 3 free removals after sector clear to choose new ones for next sector feats
    / lacking variety of enemy teams, but overall ok (just too much phoenix ;) )

- enemy stats and speed not visible, not very fun to get wrecked even with 20% leader speed and over 300
    - no UI tracker for feats in battle - > very annoying as in GC

Overall, the best mode besides GA now and I will definitely spend some gear with conquest in mind o:)
    Post edited by JayChey on
  • Options
    How do I add a stim pack to a character?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »

@bisto_760 select a battle, and when you are on the team builder screen, press the plus sign on the stamina bar. You will see stats there and can add a stim pack if you want.
  • Options
    I think AI modifier The Odds is broken. It says rebels have 100% chance to attack again after a crit, and 25% chance after the first extra attack. So why did Ezra attack me 13 times in a row? What are the odds of that? Pun intended.
  • Options

Vader Empire team with multiple defensive data discs and the defense booster should see you through that one. Worked for me at least. GAS hits super hard when he wakes up though, just one shotting everything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think AI modifier The Odds is broken. It says rebels have 100% chance to attack again after a crit, and 25% chance after the first extra attack. So why did Ezra attack me 13 times in a row? What are the odds of that? Pun intended.

I'm not saying it's not broken, but he has an extra attack on his basic, so he would only need to proc that modifier 6 times to do that, and if he double attacks he gets 2 shots to trigger it.

The odds are really in his favor on that one.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    bisto_760 wrote: »

@bisto_760 select a battle, and when you are on the team builder screen, press the plus sign on the stamina bar. You will see stats there and can add a stim pack if you want.

Thank you @Kyno
  • Options

Vader Empire team with multiple defensive data discs and the defense booster should see you through that one. Worked for me at least. GAS hits super hard when he wakes up though, just one shotting everything.

Thanks for the idea.

I tried with zVador and zPalpatine (I tried both leads) and empire team with thrawn (great to fracture general skywalker). I also tried zVador, zPalpatine and thrawn with 2 healers, a medipac (+54% health). I use 2 discs adding max health and healing, others are to deal more damage or cooldown.
  • Options

Thanks for the idea.

I tried with zVador and zPalpatine (I tried both leads) and empire team with thrawn (great to fracture general skywalker). I also tried zVador, zPalpatine and thrawn with 2 healers, a medipac (+54% health). I use 2 discs adding max health and healing, others are to deal more damage or cooldown.

None of theses configurations works.
  • Options
    There appears to be an issue with the Lucky Shot feat for the DR boss battle in sector 3. Having used Geonosians 4 or 5 times already to attempt to get the 30 crits needed and not having been successful yet, at first I believed I was simply winning too fast, but I no longer believe that notion to be correct. Having had some doubts, I slapped on a CC booster, went in with 90% stamina for a slower battle, although I needed a health booster as well to win, and played on 1x speed so I was able to count every crit.
    With a total of 37 crits counted, more than is needed for the feat, I have still not received it. Understanding of course that it's technically not required for full rewards, I have invested a substantial amount of time into this feat and have been not able to get it, so I hope you can understand why that would be mildly frustrating.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    There appears to be an issue with the Lucky Shot feat for the DR boss battle in sector 3. Having used Geonosians 4 or 5 times already to attempt to get the 30 crits needed and not having been successful yet, at first I believed I was simply winning too fast, but I no longer believe that notion to be correct. Having had some doubts, I slapped on a CC booster, went in with 90% stamina for a slower battle, although I needed a health booster as well to win, and played on 1x speed so I was able to count every crit.
    With a total of 37 crits counted, more than is needed for the feat, I have still not received it. Understanding of course that it's technically not required for full rewards, I have invested a substantial amount of time into this feat and have been not able to get it, so I hope you can understand why that would be mildly frustrating.

try GMY
  • nottenst
    700 posts Member
    Options

If you already are full with 12 slots worth of data cards, then any new ones are in the queue to be equipped once others are removed, but all those can then be viewed. That is, you start with 12/12 then any data disks you click raise your list of "equipped data disks" to 15/12 or something and you can view all of those of interest. The excess disks don't cost anything to be "removed" at this point.
  • Options
    I like this mode and it has good potential. My one criticism is that my favourite bit was when I first started with 144 energy and had to use several teams. Now I've got going, I feel I can do a lot of it with just 2 teams as the first one is back to full stamina again by the time I've got enough energy to do another battle. It seems other people's negative comments are around energy and getting stuck early. My suggestions:

-Make it so enemies can be reduced like in Championships to pass a node, but they go back to full to complete feats and get stars. Feats can only be completed when it is from a full start and you only get 1 star if it takes you more than one battle.
    -Scrap stamina and energy completely and make it so each character can only be used once a day. Similar to attacking in Championships. This way, you would really need strength in depth to complete it then rather than just 2 very good squads. There would also be an incentive to try smaller squads so that you have more teams to use that day and you could try throwing in several weaker squads to eventually pass a node!
    -Change events to be 7 days so each squad can only be used 7 times in total.
    -Add an easier G8-G12 option with comparatively feeble rewards for newly reached level 85 players.
    -Increased variety of enemy teams. Eg Tuskens.
    -Possibly remove enemy modifiers, but only if using the championship type squad refresh.
    -Add a separate path for ships halfway along with a small reward at the end.
    -Have 3 unique characters. One for the end of the 5th stage of each of the 3 levels of difficulty which you unlock at 5 star after completing 5 times and 7 star after completing 7 times. Clearing a higher difficulty level means you can buy shards for the character at the lower difficulty level in the store.

I think this way would be very difficult for most people to complete the hard level of initially and it would be great end game PvE content to work towards.
  • Options
    Kinda wish there was a third easy mode, they could give it a max GP to play or make rewards a lot less. I just wanna be able to play the mode without canderous wiping me with his 12,000 bonus attacks 😂