Non GL vs GL

Replies

• Options
    The point here is you have all those extra characters while I do not. That's why you are able to win, sometimes. Am I not a player just like you? Do I not deserve an even match up like everyone else. Please tell me how I am wrong.

I can't win. That's not fair.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Gac is a mode where strategy plays an important part. The point of strategy is getting you in a position to fight an unfair battle. So players who used about the same amount of resources to build their top 80 are matched against each other. The ones who made the ‘best’ use of their resources have the best army and start the battle with an advantage, sometimes a huge one if the opponent made questionable choices (regarding building a gac army, there are no bad choices per se imo). However, there is a point to make in the fact that those choices are definite as you can’t devolve a character. But matchmaking does it job as it allows strategy to play a central mode in the game mode imo.

That would be fine if I could win. 3 GLs vs no GLs. I can't win. That's not fair.
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    It was a valid point way back then when GL's were introduced (especially for 3v3 and before Vader got his touch up and JKL was introduced). There's been enough time now for people to prepare. We know that the GAC algorithm is looking at the top 66 (3v3) / 80 (5v5) GP chars in div 1 (and fleets to some extent but details are unknown) so everyone should know that increasing the GP of that chars is going to affect matchmaking and result in getting matched with tougher opponents.

Yes, I agree with this. I'm just saying altering the affect on GP for certain characters wouldn't be a bad thing. I would still be going for GLs just like everyone else. I just think that I should be matched with an opponent who is truly at the same level. I can't win. That's not fair.

I don't understand why you keep saying you can't win and blame it on the fact that you do not have a GL. I have on many occasions been matched against opponents with a GL far before I had mine and I've managed to find a way to win in most of them. There are counters that work in almost every case (Rey 3v3 kinda sucks), you just have to do a little research and perhaps some mod work before signing up for GAC.

Sure, it can happen, on occasion, though highly unlikely, but why is it fair to give me such and overpowered opponent in the first place?

You're confused as to why I can't win without a GL? Really?

I went back through my GAC history to before I had a GL to find a few rounds from one season where I was matched up against GL's. One required 2 battles, but I still won the round so yes, I'm confused. Do I win every time I'm matched against a GL? No, but I definitely win more than I lose.

f43012avb3i0.png

A few rounds from one season? You cherry picked. You also have GAS and DR/BSF/Malak. I do not.

3 GLs vs no GLs. I can't win. That is not fair. Anyone got anything better than that to throw at me? I'm not wrong!
    It’s beyond obvious that there’s no point carrying this on anymore.

You’ve made up your mind and won’t be convinced otherwise. But you’re doing nothing to convince those who disagree with you that you’re right, either.

You few people have made up your minds. All I am doing is asking a question that none of you seem to be able to answer.

3 GLs against none. I can't win. What part of that reasoning do you not understand? If you can't think of any reason to tell me I'm wrong, and nobody has as of yet, then just let it be.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    We have told you why you're wrong, several times, you just refuse to accept it. Work on your roster.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

[stuff deleted]

I went back through my GAC history to before I had a GL to find a few rounds from one season where I was matched up against GL's. One required 2 battles, but I still won the round so yes, I'm confused. Do I win every time I'm matched against a GL? No, but I definitely win more than I lose.

f43012avb3i0.png

A few rounds from one season? You cherry picked.

They proved you wrong. In case you forgot what you claimed here's your OP:
    I have been playing this game from the beginning. Why. WHY are you pairing non GL rosters with GL rosters in GAC. It is impossible! I'm raging and proud of it because I'm right. Come at me you cowards! WHY?!

No, you're not right. You're wrong. You're also wrong when you claim that you can't catch up. You can always stop making choices that hurt your match-up and slowly improve your roster and your performance in GAC. It will take time. The deeper you dug your hole the longer time it will take to climb back up. However, it's doable. Keep digging or start climbing back up - it's your choice.

Incorrect. Nobody proved me wrong, and just saying I'm wrong with nothing to back it up does nothing. I can't win. That is not fair.

I have altered my decisionmaking to get GLs and the situation gets steadily more difficult. There is no obvious way out of this.
  • Options
    It was a valid point way back then when GL's were introduced (especially for 3v3 and before Vader got his touch up and JKL was introduced). There's been enough time now for people to prepare. We know that the GAC algorithm is looking at the top 66 (3v3) / 80 (5v5) GP chars in div 1 (and fleets to some extent but details are unknown) so everyone should know that increasing the GP of that chars is going to affect matchmaking and result in getting matched with tougher opponents.

Yes, I agree with this. I'm just saying altering the affect on GP for certain characters wouldn't be a bad thing. I would still be going for GLs just like everyone else. I just think that I should be matched with an opponent who is truly at the same level. I can't win. That's not fair.

I don't understand why you keep saying you can't win and blame it on the fact that you do not have a GL. I have on many occasions been matched against opponents with a GL far before I had mine and I've managed to find a way to win in most of them. There are counters that work in almost every case (Rey 3v3 kinda sucks), you just have to do a little research and perhaps some mod work before signing up for GAC.

Sure, it can happen, on occasion, though highly unlikely, but why is it fair to give me such and overpowered opponent in the first place?

f43012avb3i0.png

A few rounds from one season? You cherry picked. You also have GAS and DR/BSF/Malak. I do not.

3 GLs vs no GLs. I can't win. That is not fair. Anyone got anything better than that to throw at me? I'm not wrong!

It's ok if you wanna develop fun (but inferior in pvp) chars and don't wanna chase the meta teams. Just stop whining about being smashed in a competetive pvp mode then. I don't buy myself an off-road car and take it to the race track expecting to get a top lap time competing with race cars.

So you should compete with other off-road cars then? As in fair competition? Thanks for supporting me.
  • Options
    avihas wrote: »
    When I eat a lot of candies, eventually I'll get a tooth ache. Now, I can say It's not fair, or I can adjust my eating habits.
    You made your choices. We all were. Now you complain why because of your decisions, you don't win as much.
    Furthermore- you refuse to listen to the ways correcting your decisions.

Guess what? people don't relic Rose Tico, RP, Phasma, C3PO & Darth Sidious because the like it- they do it, they invest over 400k gp in order to get an advantage in Arena/GAC/Assaults and now Conquest too.

No matter how you decide to invest your resources, it come with a price. And you can pretend you don't know the price because the mechanics of GAC matchmaking was well known for over a year. You demand everyting will bend to you will and called it fair, but no, fair is letting people know how GAC matchmaking work, how the game works, and then give everyone the option to choose their own path. Everyone started from the very same point, and each one develop his rosters & ship by gis own free will. That's fair

That is a terrible analogy. How does eating candy and getting sick have anything to do with fair competition?

I can just as easily say you demand everything to bend to your will. I'm just saying I have a point. When people try to tell me I'm wrong, we then have a problem.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    You're only saying that because you don't want it to be fair. I don't blame you, but is that really the best you got? In any case, matchmaking is objectively not fair, and just stating I'm wrong gets you nowhere.

I can't win. How is that fair?

You can dig yourself out of the hole you’ve dug, it’s not too late. As @TVF said, get your own GL(s). When i started gac I hated it bc I always lost, then I got better about adjusting my roster choices to make gac easier for me, which made matchups easier overall and winning much easier.

Recently I took a bunch of chars to r5 for crancor, and now I’m getting “bad” (aka bad for me due to the decisions I made) matchups and not winning as much.

Now that I have plenty of crancor toons I can go back to being more selective on my choices, which will make gac easier again.

We can complain about gac mm rules, but they are what they are. We can either adjust our behavior or not, just don’t be surprised or upset at the very predictable outcome.

I am getting my own GL, but my opponents keep getting more difficult. I can't catch up.

What you are missing is that you won’t be fighting the same opponents. It’s not like you have 0 GL’s they have 1 then you have 1 they have 2 so you can’t catch up. Once you start focusing your roster you will start becoming more on par with the enemies you fase.

Now, if someone took Ewoks Phoenix and empire to r7, with no gl, it’s going to take much longer to right the ship.

Also, when you go for a gl, horde the gear and do things all at once. Taking kru and Hux to relic while your redboi is 5* (and same goes for relic’ing some while others aren’t ready to relic, like g11) will make gac even harder.

It does not seem that way. I have only seen evidence to the contrary.

But my bigger issue is why we can't have an even playing field regardless of where we are in progression. Fairness is the ideal after all.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    You're only saying that because you don't want it to be fair. I don't blame you, but is that really the best you got? In any case, matchmaking is objectively not fair, and just stating I'm wrong gets you nowhere.

Because you made your choices. We all did. Get a GL.

I made choices. You made choices. We all made choices. The game does not warn of the implications of such.

Yes it does

Where.

Info screen.

This. And discussed ad nauseum here and in most guild chats, Youtubers, etc.

Not finding it. Something like that should be intuitively obvious in game, and I shouldn't have to consult the opinions of people like you. You do not get to decide.

3 GLs against none. I can't win. How is that fair?
  • Options

You can dig yourself out of the hole you’ve dug, it’s not too late. As @TVF said, get your own GL(s). When i started gac I hated it bc I always lost, then I got better about adjusting my roster choices to make gac easier for me, which made matchups easier overall and winning much easier.

Recently I took a bunch of chars to r5 for crancor, and now I’m getting “bad” (aka bad for me due to the decisions I made) matchups and not winning as much.

Now that I have plenty of crancor toons I can go back to being more selective on my choices, which will make gac easier again.

We can complain about gac mm rules, but they are what they are. We can either adjust our behavior or not, just don’t be surprised or upset at the very predictable outcome.

I am getting my own GL, but my opponents keep getting more difficult. I can't catch up.

What you are missing is that you won’t be fighting the same opponents. It’s not like you have 0 GL’s they have 1 then you have 1 they have 2 so you can’t catch up. Once you start focusing your roster you will start becoming more on par with the enemies you fase.

Now, if someone took Ewoks Phoenix and empire to r7, with no gl, it’s going to take much longer to right the ship.

Also, when you go for a gl, horde the gear and do things all at once. Taking kru and Hux to relic while your redboi is 5* (and same goes for relic’ing some while others aren’t ready to relic, like g11) will make gac even harder.

But my bigger issue is why we can't have an even playing field regardless of where we are in progression. Fairness is the ideal after all.

There is an even playing field. People are matched based on how they’ve allocated an equivalent amount of resources.

That’s the very definition of fair.
  • Options

f43012avb3i0.png

If you are in div 1 with almost 6mil GP and don’t have the characters you listed, that’s on you. I took a quick look at your GAC history and there seem to be a fair number of teams you have trouble with so I’m pretty sure having a couple GL’s will change little. You have rounds where the score is tied simply because neither of you even bothered to attack. You lost that one because they had too many GL’s?

The system is designed around a progression of metas that have a singular purpose of making CG money. I’m pretty sure they are not going to change the matchmaking to specifically group players who choose to ignore the key characters in those metas simply because it would remove one of the key incentives to get those characters.

But as has been stated already, we are unlikely to change your mind so I’ll bow out at this point.

Most because of the time I don't participate, or hardly participate because why would I? The matchmaking is terrible. I'll trade you one straw man for another, though.

You say this game is geared toward making money? So you're saying it's a scam?

I'll have to agree with you there because fair competition was never the point. I don't expect it to change. That's why I've had enough of this game. It's a scam. I'm done.
  • Options
    We have told you why you're wrong, several times, you just refuse to accept it. Work on your roster.

You have not told me I'm wrong, nor do you have such authority.

True competition is dependent of fairness. Otherwise, what's the point of engaging? How is 3 GLs against none fair? Surely, you can do better than just saying "nope." Do you really think that is going to convince me? Your arguments are baseless and weak. You amuse me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately, you cannot win due to your own choices, and that has nothing to do with fair.

- each player is subject to the same rules - That is what makes it fair.
    - each player has to play with the roster they have built and the choices they have made - none of those choices force anyone into a sub category to limit who they may or may not face - that is also fair.
    - Players have gone through great lengths to build rosters that help them excel at GACs, and some even to the detriment of play in other areas - Changes to this now would not be fair to them.

If GAC is a mode you would like to do better in, your best bet is to make changes within your control. There are many great suggestions in this thread on how you can improve your roster. It is unlikely they will make this change, and if they did decide to make this change, it is unlikely to be any time soon, so you should stick with what is in your control (your roster).
  • Options

There is an even playing field. People are matched based on how they’ve allocated an equivalent amount of resources.

How is not being able to win fair?

You just want to continue enjoying unfair competition from the other side. More power to you. I'm done wasting my time with this game.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

True competition is dependent of fairness. Otherwise, what's the point of engaging? How is 3 GLs against none fair? Surely, you can do better than just saying "nope." Do you really think that is going to convince me? Your arguments are baseless and weak. You amuse me.

I'm a big hockey fan and particularly enjoy tournaments like the world juniors. Using your logic, Canada, US, Finland, etc... should have to sit their top two lines when they are going to play a team that they know they are going to beat 8-0, 10-0 (happens every year).

If they have to do that to give the opponent a chance to win, where is the incentive for the other team to get better? Why wouldn't that team keep going to the tournament with a sub par team because they know their opponent is going to be handicapped to give them a chance to win?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Unfortunately, you cannot win due to your own choices, and that has nothing to do with fair.

- each player is subject to the same rules - That is what makes it fair.
    - each player has to play with the roster they have built and the choices they have made - none of those choices force anyone into a sub category to limit who they may or may not face - that is also fair.
    - Players have gone through great lengths to build rosters that help them excel at GACs, and some even to the detriment of play in other areas - Changes to this now would not be fair to them.

If GAC is a mode you would like to do better in, your best bet is to make changes within your control. There are many great suggestions in this thread on how you can improve your roster. It is unlikely they will make this change, and if they did decide to make this change, it is unlikely to be any time soon, so you should stick with what is in your control (your roster).

This is the closest anyone has come because you responded in earnest, but no I'm still not wrong.

I have corrected my choices, and the problem has only gotten worse. Why not restructure the divisions so people who invest in GAC characters play each other? Why not scale down rewards for those who don't want to engage in farming those characters but still want to compete in some capacity? I'll even take zero rewards! I don't see how that would be unfair for the players who have invested in GAC. They would be with their own kind. I have no business competing with them.

Would it be so bad if everyone had a fair shot? Tell me why that's fundamentally bad.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

[stuff deleted]

f43012avb3i0.png

I have been playing this game from the beginning. Why. WHY are you pairing non GL rosters with GL rosters in GAC. It is impossible! I'm raging and proud of it because I'm right. Come at me you cowards! WHY?!

No, you're not right. You're wrong. You're also wrong when you claim that you can't catch up. You can always stop making choices that hurt your match-up and slowly improve your roster and your performance in GAC. It will take time. The deeper you dug your hole the longer time it will take to climb back up. However, it's doable. Keep digging or start climbing back up - it's your choice.

Incorrect. Nobody proved me wrong, and just saying I'm wrong with nothing to back it up does nothing.

Check the quoted comments. You've been wrong from your very first post. @ImaSmakya was kind enough to provide the evidence. Denying it makes you look silly.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

f43012avb3i0.png

It's ok if you wanna develop fun (but inferior in pvp) chars and don't wanna chase the meta teams. Just stop whining about being smashed in a competetive pvp mode then. I don't buy myself an off-road car and take it to the race track expecting to get a top lap time competing with race cars.

So you should compete with other off-road cars then? As in fair competition? Thanks for supporting me.

Even and fair are two different things. You don't get even match-ups - and that's fair. Preparing and building your roster for GAC is just as important as your tactics and execution during the GAC itself. Apparently you didn't do well at the first part. That's why you don't have even match-ups. If you had even matches it wouldn't be fair to the ones who actually built their roster well. They earned their advantage.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Well, bye
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

I'm a big hockey fan and particularly enjoy tournaments like the world juniors. Using your logic, Canada, US, Finland, etc... should have to sit their top two lines when they are going to play a team that they know they are going to beat 8-0, 10-0 (happens every year).

If they have to do that to give the opponent a chance to win, where is the incentive for the other team to get better? Why wouldn't that team keep going to the tournament with a sub par team because they know their opponent is going to be handicapped to give them a chance to win?

There's always a shot in hockey. There's enough chaos to allow for chance. I have seen many "terrible" teams rally and pull out a win. I work for a D1 program. I watch hockey every day and I know what I am talking about.

The possibility of success is the incentive. I am not arguing that it shouldn't be difficult. Just possible. 3 GLs against none is like Canada having a brick wall in front of the goal, plus a goalie, plus a stacked team. Just take away the brick wall. That's all I'm arguing.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options

You just want to continue enjoying unfair competition from the other side. More power to you. I'm done wasting my time with this game.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

[stuff deleted]

f43012avb3i0.png

Incorrect. Nobody proved me wrong, and just saying I'm wrong with nothing to back it up does nothing.

Check the quoted comments. You've been wrong from your very first post. @ImaSmakya was kind enough to provide the evidence. Denying it makes you look silly.

I have read every comment and I have not been proven wrong. I have refuted every attempt to do this.

Disagreeing with my first post comes down to opinion. You can call something evidence or say my opinions are wrong, but that's just you.

You think it's silly to speak up for what you believe?
  • Options

I don’t enjoy unfair competition. I’ve been drawn with 3 or 4 GL owners from the minute I unlocked my 3rd GL. And, unlike you, I have never once complained about any matchup I’ve been handed.

GAC matches people with an equivalent amount of “investment” in their roster. That is fair, by definition.

If someone’s use of that investment puts them at a disadvantage, it doesn’t make it unfair.

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

There's always a shot in hockey. There's enough chaos to allow for chance. I have seen many "terrible" teams rally and pull out a win. I work for a D1 program. I watch hockey every day and I know what I am talking about.

The possibility of success is the incentive. I am not arguing that it shouldn't be difficult. Just possible. 3 GLs against none is like Canada having a brick wall in front of the goal, plus a goalie, plus a stacked team. Just take away the brick wall. That's all I'm arguing.

And regardless of whether you think I cherry picked my GAC history, I have already shown you that it is possible.
    If that's all you want, why are we still having this conversation?

Just out of curiosity, how often do you get matched against someone with 3 GL's? I'm guessing it is one GL far more often than it is 3.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options

f43012avb3i0.png

Even and fair are two different things. You don't get even match-ups - and that's fair. Preparing and building your roster for GAC is just as important as your tactics and execution during the GAC itself. Apparently you didn't do well at the first part. That's why you don't have even match-ups. If you had even matches it wouldn't be fair to the ones who actually built their roster well. They earned their advantage.

How would it not be fair if it was evenly matched? Would it be fair for a flyweight to fight a heavyweight regardless of skill level?
  • Options

giphy.gif

Good. Doesn't mean I'm wrong.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

[stuff deleted]

f43012avb3i0.png

I have read every comment and I have not been proven wrong. I have refuted every attempt to do this.

Disagreeing with my first post comes down to opinion. You can call something evidence or say my opinions are wrong, but that's just you.

You think it's silly to speak up for what you believe?

ImaSmakya provided hard, irrefutable evidence that you are wrong. You were wrong before and you still are.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

You could win some rounds too if only you bothered to actually play your rounds. You have your shots too in GAC - you just don't take the shots.

• Options

I don’t enjoy unfair competition. I’ve been drawn with 3 or 4 GL owners from the minute I unlocked my 3rd GL. And, unlike you, I have never once complained about any matchup I’ve been handed.

GAC matches people with an equivalent amount of “investment” in their roster. That is fair, by definition.

If someone’s use of that investment puts them at a disadvantage, it doesn’t make it unfair.

Are you trying to insinuate that complaining is bad?

3-4 GLs vs 4 is doable. I'd even be ok with 2 vs 4, but 3 GLs against none and no Malak, GAS, Watt, Grievous....come on now
  • Options

And regardless of whether you think I cherry picked my GAC history, I have already shown you that it is possible.
    If that's all you want, why are we still having this conversation?

Just out of curiosity, how often do you get matched against someone with 3 GL's? I'm guessing it is one GL far more often than it is 3.

You had GAS, DR, BSF, GG I'm guessing, Malak...that's the difference.
This discussion has been closed.