Commander Ahsoka Shards Cost

Replies

• StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I think CG needs to change the wording to 4 conquest not 3, because it's impossible to get her unless you had 150 currency from last month, seems bit miss leading don't you all agree ?

Nope.

It is 100% possible to unlock her in 3 runs.

Oh please show me the math says no

You have seen the math, it is 100% possible for players to unlock her in 3 runs. As always its helpful to manage your resources.

Oh yeah, everyone totally should have KNOWN they weren’t allowed to spend the previous currency in order to get a future reward they didn’t know existed. That makes perfect sense.

What CG said was true, but disingenuous.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    Options
    I and it seems quite a few others will be getting her in 3 without that..... but I do agree, we could all just move along, and could have from the beginning.
    Not without some currency saved from before that they failed to mention. Wonder why. Hoarding still seems to be the gold in this game. Otherwise yes, you are right:)
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I think CG needs to change the wording to 4 conquest not 3, because it's impossible to get her unless you had 150 currency from last month, seems bit miss leading don't you all agree ?

Nope.

You have seen the math, it is 100% possible for players to unlock her in 3 runs. As always its helpful to manage your resources.

Oh yeah, everyone totally should have KNOWN they weren’t allowed to spend the previous currency in order to get a future reward they didn’t know existed. That makes perfect sense.

If you felt the need to spend it all the way until you ran out of currency, that's on you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Nope.

They said we were going to need to purchase it from the store, not knowing the cost at that time seemed like the best course of action would be to save currency.

As with any store not locked, personally I never spend to 0. That seems like the best plan, unless I KNOW what I am doing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bartek wrote: »
    I and it seems quite a few others will be getting her in 3 without that..... but I do agree, we could all just move along, and could have from the beginning.
    Not without some currency saved from before that they failed to mention. Wonder why. Hoarding still seems to be the gold in this game. Otherwise yes, you are right:)

Correct, there is no reason to not hoard any currency for a non locked store. Yes they limited what you can in that store, that to me seemed like a clue to keep a stock of that currency as it is important enough for them to limit that capacity.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Correct, there is no reason to not hoard any currency for a non locked store. Yes they limited what you can in that store, that to me seemed like a clue to keep a stock of that currency as it is important enough for them to limit that capacity.

It said the exact opposite to me, but transparency on these things would benefit the player base too much and ruin frustration spending, so I get keeping players in the dark. I made my choices and they were right for me at the time. I’ll just have to wait a bit longer...meh.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Can you 'unlock Commander Ahsoka at 7* after 3 Hard Conquests if you are earning the maximum reward crate and purchase her shards from merchants'?

No, you cannot because you will not have enough currency to purchase her shards.
    Dev post does not say 'if you played previous Conquests' or 'if you saved up Conquest currency'.
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    Options
    CG and KYNO: If you make $30,000/yr, in 3 years you can buy a $100,000 car

fanbase: but that math doesn't equal out, you would only have $90,000

CG and KYNO: you totally can, you just have to have $10,000 to start with

This is why this seems a bit misleading, and while they didn't say you would need to have currency to start with, they also didn't say you wouldn't. So sure, they are right, but it's a touch deceitful. Doesn't matter to me, I always hoard, but i get why some people are a bit aggravated.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

I have some currency left and this issue does not concern me too much. Nevertheless you said:
    Well.. yes, 100% if one buys the pack and that info slipped out somehow. Not cool. You know that, i know that, we all know that:)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

It said the exact opposite to me, but transparency on these things would benefit the player base too much and ruin frustration spending, so I get keeping players in the dark. I made my choices and they were right for me at the time. I’ll just have to wait a bit longer...meh.

Why put a cap if they were not going to release something that would require spending?

If something is unclear or not transparent, why spend all the currency, that seems like poor planning.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    baked_qft wrote: »

This is why this seems a bit misleading, and while they didn't say you would need to have currency to start with, they also didn't say you wouldn't. So sure, they are right, but it's a touch deceitful. Doesn't matter to me, I always hoard, but i get why some people are a bit aggravated.

Actually that's not accurate, because you didn't need or have anything to start with.

Everyone started at 0. We had a chance for 3 payouts and will have 3 more for 6 total. The cost is 3 payouts and some extra....out of 6.... it's amazing that the math shows that ever player who has done and completed all the Conquest they could have on hard had more than enough currency.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I have some currency left and this issue does not concern me too much. Nevertheless you said:
    Well.. yes, 100% if one buys the pack and that info slipped out somehow. Not cool. You know that, i know that, we all know that:)

Nope, you do not need to buy packs for it to be possible, that is just another option.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Especially when you only needed to hoard 150 Conquest Credits to have enough.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Why put a cap if they were not going to release something that would require spending?

If something is unclear or not transparent, why spend all the currency, that seems like poor planning.

If they were to release future items and ACTUALLY want us to have them f2p, then the current GET currencies non-cap would be the appropriate solution. It seemed as though they put a cap to force players to spend, or at least stop earning at a certain point.

CAT will be good, but won’t earn me what I got from purchasing the gear instead, so my planning was fine and I accept the outcome. It’s just time after time the devs pull these little word tricks and it is aggravating after a time.

Like I said before, lesson learned for all future announcements: take every single word from the devs with a grain of salt. If it sounds too good to be true, just do the best to find the misleading portion as quickly as possible. Also hoard, hoard, hoard.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

Actually that's not accurate, because you didn't need or have anything to start with.

Everyone started at 0. We had a chance for 3 payouts and will have 3 more for 6 total. The cost is 3 payouts and some extra....out of 6.... it's amazing that the math shows that ever player who has done and completed all the Conquest they could have on hard had more than enough currency.

Fixed it for you Kyno.

CG and KYNO: you totally can, you just have to have $10,000 from previous years.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If they were to release future items and ACTUALLY want us to have them f2p, then the current GET currencies non-cap would be the appropriate solution. It seemed as though they put a cap to force players to spend, or at least stop earning at a certain point.

CAT will be good, but won’t earn me what I got from purchasing the gear instead, so my planning was fine and I accept the outcome. It’s just time after time the devs pull these little word tricks and it is aggravating after a time.

Like I said before, lesson learned for all future announcements: take every single word from the devs with a grain of salt. If it sounds too good to be true, just do the best to find the misleading portion as quickly as possible. Also hoard, hoard, hoard.

It may be a little early to say CAT will not be worth what you have bought with 150 currency from the store, but ok.

Correct the cap was placed so that whatever can be purchased from the store, players will not be able to out pace things by hoarding, but as with anything it always helpful to have a stock to keep the "best pace possible". There is no trick here, it is the "best practice" and has been for a while. That was how many players got thrawn as quickly as they did.

Yes, make sure to villainize them for poor planning...you do you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    th3evo wrote: »

Fixed it for you Kyno.

CG and KYNO: you totally can, you just have to have $10,000 from previous years.

You start a job and want to buy something 3 years later, if you only plan on spending 1 years worth of your salary, that is not your jobs fault if you can't afford what you want.

The income is 100% there, that example doesnt paint the whole picture.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

It may be a little early to say CAT will not be worth what you have bought with 150 currency from the store, but ok.

Correct the cap was placed so that whatever can be purchased from the store, players will not be able to out pace things by hoarding, but as with anything it always helpful to have a stock to keep the "best pace possible". There is no trick here, it is the "best practice" and has been for a while. That was how many players got thrawn as quickly as they did.

For me, it is accurate. She isn’t going to do better in raids than SLKR for weeks.

The wording is misleading. They are being misleading. Their actions are made in order to create profit. Misleading creates these scenarios. It’s plain and simple to see. “Take everything they say with a grain of salt” is not villainizing them. They are Capitalists, that’s it.

But defend the misleading all you want. You do you and continue being a wonderful and tactful mod. #sarcasm
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Nope.

They said we were going to need to purchase it from the store, not knowing the cost at that time seemed like the best course of action would be to save currency.

As with any store not locked, personally I never spend to 0. That seems like the best plan, unless I KNOW what I am doing.

I never spend store currency on anything but shards in a store with shards. Doesn’t change the fact that what they said was disingenuous and what they did was kind of mean spirited.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you Kyno.

You start a job and want to buy something 3 years later, if you only plan on spending 1 years worth of your salary, that is not your jobs fault if you can't afford what you want.

How can you afford $100 000 car in 3 years if you only make $30 000 in a year? You seem to use some very interesting Math.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

For me, it is accurate. She isn’t going to do better in raids than SLKR for weeks.

The wording is misleading. They are being misleading. Their actions are made in order to create profit. Misleading creates these scenarios. It’s plain and simple to see. “Take everything they say with a grain of salt” is not villainizing them. They are Capitalists, that’s it.

But defend the misleading all you want. You do you and continue being a wonderful and tactful mod. #sarcasm

So 150 currency was the difference between having and not having SLKR? Interesting.

As I said you do you.

Every other aspect of the game and stores is about planning and managing resources, but not this one? Sorry I just dont see it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Fixed it for you Kyno.

How can you afford $100 000 car in 3 years if you only make $30 000 in a year? You seem to use some very interesting Math.

If you are given 150,000 and choose to spend 55000, and then see the price tag is 100,000, that doesnt mean it's someone elses fault for making the price 100,000.

Again if you want to do the math, you need to include all the income, not just the income that fits your picture.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

Fixed it for you Kyno.

If you are given 150,000 and choose to spend 55000, and then see the price tag is 100,000, that doesnt mean it's someone elses fault for making the price 100,000.

Again if you want to do the math, you need to include all the income, not just the income that fits your picture.

But the seller said that the price was $95 000 (a.k.a. 3 Hard Conquests) but then when you went to sign the deal it was suddenly $100 000 (a.k.a. 3 Hard Conquests if you save some currency).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Fixed it for you Kyno.

But the seller said that the price was $95 000 (a.k.a. 3 Hard Conquests) but then when you went to sign the deal it was suddenly $100 000 (a.k.a. 3 Hard Conquests if you save some currency).

They stated the price?

They said 3 conquests at maximum rewards and with purchases from the merchants. That is 100% the way it is, is it not?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

So 150 currency was the difference between having and not having SLKR? Interesting.

As I said you do you.

Every other aspect of the game and stores is about planning and managing resources, but not this one? Sorry I just dont see it.

I made my choices, accept the fact that I will have to wait. 100% worth it for me so far. I don’t see that changing for me.

Obviously you don’t see it, it has been laid out numerous times. 3 Hard Conquest Max crates and merchant purchases to unlock. The devs simply left out the increase in shard price (400 for 4 RC shards equates to 500 for 5 CAT shards would be the player expectation, currently set at 550 for 5 CAT shards) so that 7* unlock in 3 months will only possible with hoarded currency that has a cap on it. If you don’t see this as even slightly disingenuous, then I don’t see any point in continuing further. You’ll simply always be blind to the minor changes they make that CAN (not always) negatively impact players.

Whether or not I managed my resources well or poorly is not a part of the issue with the communication in this case. I’m not upset that I won’t get her, I’m disappointed by the poor communication.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Nope.

I never spend store currency on anything but shards in a store with shards. Doesn’t change the fact that what they said was disingenuous and what they did was kind of mean spirited.

Anyone who doesn't understand is new (and therefore not maxing her anyway) or isn't paying attention to how the game works. It's not disingenuous in the slightest, and the idea that it is "mean" is laughable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Right?
  • Options

As I said you do you.

I made my choices, accept the fact that I will have to wait. 100% worth it for me so far. I don’t see that changing for me.

Obviously you don’t see it, it has been laid out numerous times. 3 Hard Conquest Max crates and merchant purchases to unlock. The devs simply left out the increase in shard price (400 for 4 RC shards equates to 500 for 5 CAT shards would be the player expectation, currently set at 550 for 5 CAT shards) so that 7* unlock in 3 months will only possible with hoarded currency that has a cap on it. If you don’t see this as even slightly disingenuous, then I don’t see any point in continuing further. You’ll simply always be blind to the minor changes they make that CAN (not always) negatively impact players.

Whether or not I managed my resources well or poorly is not a part of the issue with the communication in this case. I’m not upset that I won’t get her, I’m disappointed by the poor communication.

Darn this, said perfectly, I'm glad someone else can see through the **** and not blindly follow it for the lols
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Nope.

Anyone who doesn't understand is new (and therefore not maxing her anyway) or isn't paying attention to how the game works. It's not disingenuous in the slightest, and the idea that it is "mean" is laughable.

So you’d be good with increases in shard pricing in the future? Just because you’ve prepared for such a scenario doesn’t mean their actions are “right.”
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you Kyno.

They stated the price?

They said 3 conquests at maximum rewards and with purchases from the merchants. That is 100% the way it is, is it not?

You are correct. They didn't say we would need to save up currency but they also didn't say we wouldn't.
This discussion has been closed.