What Would a f2p Pay For

Replies

• Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    When I see deals like that core gear bundle for $5 or $10 that gives the 50 kyro’s, guns, cuffs, etc I feel that’s a good deal. It’s a fair amount of gear for the price point.

When they offer the 50% extra crystals for the packs I’ll go after those. So when they used to offer 50% extra on the vaults, I scooped it up because why not?

If they ran some deals on the shards for new characters, something say like decreased crystal costs for the shard packs on bad batch characters after they become F2P (750 crystals instead of 1299) id buy some crystals for that.

What my biggest issue is the lack of monthly crystal subscription. The $9.99 for the 2800 crystals. They ripped it away for no reason and promised to replace it with something similar…that was a few years ago. I always bought that so they had a guaranteed $10 a month in revenue from me and since I was already spending $10, I figured, what’s another $15 for a nice $25. What’s another $25 for a round $50?

Over time the deals have just gotten worse and worse though. I’m less inclined to spend because of their gradual price point increases

There has never been 1 good deal ever. When youre given nothing but piles of poop all day and then you see just 1 poop (t u r d is blocked? Lol) that doesn’t make it a good deal
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I would pay if I considered the game worth my support. In fact, I actually did buy some stuff when I felt good about the game. Unfortunately for CG, it doesn't seem that such time will come again anytime soon and the RA only reinforces that.
  • Options
    I actually stopped paying (not that I have paid much a lot but I would spend from time to time to support it, esp when itune has promotion) and became f2p. Progress is excessively slow and new contents are just too out of reach(for me and the guild), and paying isn’t going to fix anything for me (maybe the entire guild spend a lot then yes that could make a difference) .

They push for R8 when most toons are stuck at G7-9, and most of them will be irrelevant in new contents anyway even if they are relic…their base stats are just too bad (think most of the Jedi) and slow y SLKR is 550+ speed, many new toons can reach 300+ while many older toons are well under 200..

Have been contemplating complete withdrawal from the game, just getting frustrated by the inflation
  • Options
    Back when TW launched, I got on the test server and “spent” thousands getting crystal vaults. It was pretty shocking how little it advanced my roster back then. Really turned me off from spending although I did admittedly use a $20 gift card on the game once... so I’m basically a whale.
  • epeeist
    98 posts Member
    Options
    TL;DR: To get me to spend in this or any other game: (1) perceived value; and (2) absolute cost.

A $100 "great" deal, to me, is too high an absolute cost even if perceived value high. I spent more than that on the game, more on crystal subscriptions alone, but not in one shot but over time. And for me, perceived value much lower for gear because it's less exciting/interesting to me than character shards for a character that interests me.

Perceived value and cost also affected by, if as some games have done in past there's a charity pack where a portion of what's spent goes to charity, that will encourage me to spend if not a trivial amount going to the charity.

To avoid debate F2P/P2P, putting here not at start of post, I did spend in first few years, a few hundred dollars. Things like $5 for 80 shards of Dooku (that was a global launch promo I think), subscription for crystals until that ended, occasional May 4th crystal pack with bonus, and buying google play cards promo where you got Rey shards and crystals because I could use the Google play card for anything.

I stopped spending money around the time Traya came into the game, because at the time it was/seemed to me to be a guild killer, my guild especially couldn't do it and with level of coordination needed, to me it was the start of making significant content gated for P2P vs. F2P; even though at time I was former, in a mild way, I didn't like it. I mean, later merged guilds and now have Traya and rarely use, at the time to me seemed to signal a significant shift and lost some long-term players permanently at that time or later with guild merger. I still enjoy the game F2P, so that's what I'll do forever unless a genuinely great offer (like $5 for 80 shards of a character I need, or a charity offer) comes along. And as noted for me gear offers even if good value don't interest me.

To give kudos to CG, re the guild vs. individual what can be done, making aeromagnifiers available in conquest, even in 2nd highest hard crate not only the highest, I think is very positive because one can be in a guild not planning for challenge pit anytime soon and still progress towards R8 on an individual level. Now, my rate of earning aeromagnifiers is still too low to catch up to all the requirements (I looked at the road ahead new ship and thought, okay, not this year/next/ever, I'll focus on the r8 for characters), but at least I can do something. But by the same token, because I can see that I'll never catch up on the r8 progression needed for all content, that discourages me from ever spending money because even if I do I'll still continue to fall behind.
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Every time I've ever considered spending one of two things stop me.

1. Sticker shock. I'm probably not going to randomly spend $100 or more on a temporary advantage.

2. The packs that don't give sticker shock, usually offer a small enough advantage that it really isn't worth it. Yeah the cheap gear packs may get me to the next gear level sooner but usually only by a couple of days. A couple of days progress isn't worth spending for in my opinion.

This.

I'm not a spender, but if they want me to drop $100 I expect a full character at R8 for that amount of cash (minimum). But I guess I'm just really old school when it comes to buying things that are wants/conveniances. But they still make plenty of money without targeting my personality/spending type - probably more than if they did target players like me,

You are not supposed to have reasonable expectations
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    New introduced Scoundrels/bounty hunters.
  • Options
    It would depend for the value I personally feel the purchase gave to me and my roster.

For example, when the current £24 gear bundle isn't even enough to get one higher up gear level on a character, and that won't even touch on g12, or the 8 relic levels afterwards, I don't see how I can value less than one gear level over half a weeks' food shopping.

Similarly, £20 to get 30 character shards and a few crystals in the character bundle just doesn't make sense to me when you've still got what...250 shards left to farm...

I used to buy the occasional crystal pack or offer (and the monthly crystal sub) but after Hounds Tooth came to the game I looked at the prices properly and realised I couldn't justify it.

At the moment I could maybe justify a few pounds a month, or £10 every 4 months or so, but I can't see anything worthwhile ever being offered at that level. Particularly as most of what I'd be interested in is harder to get gear (kyrotech/stun guns and g12+ bits) or relic mats
  • Options
    V01D wrote: »

What surveys? What do you mean with that?

If you have an android phone then you can download the Google Opinion Rewards app. They send you short 1 - 5 question surveys that give you Google Play credit.

They were great I did them for months then they mysteriously stopped and now I get nothing no surveys no money for crystals nothing. Huge downer

• Options
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    V01D wrote: »

What surveys? What do you mean with that?

If you have an android phone then you can download the Google Opinion Rewards app. They send you short 1 - 5 question surveys that give you Google Play credit.

They were great I did them for months then they mysteriously stopped and now I get nothing no surveys no money for crystals nothing. Huge downer

Even if I get 20 dollars or so on Google Play I rather spend it on some other short term game. Get more value out of it
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    I've said it for ages...they're doing micro-purchases wrong. If they had $2, $3, $5 packs and purchases...they'd sell a lot more. This would also help alleviate the gear crunch we've all been screaming for. Seems like a win-win, they make more money long term by attracting new spenders, we get the gear crunch alleviated a bit.

But for some reason it seems like their business model is run by children...coming up with get-rich-quick schemes and charging $10 a cup of lemonade rather than racking up the long term higher profits
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    “Mostly” ftp?

Am I mostly a vegetarian if I only occasionally eat a medium-rare ribeye?

Yes
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    03Chaos wrote: »
    “Mostly” ftp?

Yes

Are you mostly a virgin if you have sex twice a year?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    “Mostly” ftp?

Yes

That is a thinly veiled humblebrag, man.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    “Mostly” ftp?

Yes

That is a thinly veiled humblebrag, man.

Yes I am married with children.
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    “Mostly” ftp?

Yes

Yes
  • Kenjiro
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I wouldn't pay for anything. Because this game has no regional pricing and I definitely won't spend 2 days paycheck for a chest of crystals.
  • Options
    I personally see spending money on a game a little more complex. Yes you get the said pack/bundle/whatever but you are also giving a positive feedback to the company. So I personally always evaluate that as well.

In my case this comes down to a fairly simply question: Has the issue of LD dealing with cheaters been adressed? No? Wallet closed, case closed. And I have full peace of mind.
  • Options
    I'd pay a modest amount to have my roster reset
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    When I see deals like that core gear bundle for $5 or $10 that gives the 50 kyro’s, guns, cuffs, etc I feel that’s a good deal. It’s a fair amount of gear for the price point.

When they offer the 50% extra crystals for the packs I’ll go after those. So when they used to offer 50% extra on the vaults, I scooped it up because why not?

If they ran some deals on the shards for new characters, something say like decreased crystal costs for the shard packs on bad batch characters after they become F2P (750 crystals instead of 1299) id buy some crystals for that.

What my biggest issue is the lack of monthly crystal subscription. The $9.99 for the 2800 crystals. They ripped it away for no reason and promised to replace it with something similar…that was a few years ago. I always bought that so they had a guaranteed $10 a month in revenue from me and since I was already spending $10, I figured, what’s another $15 for a nice $25. What’s another $25 for a round $50?

Over time the deals have just gotten worse and worse though. I’m less inclined to spend because of their gradual price point increases

There has never been 1 good deal ever. When youre given nothing but piles of poop all day and then you see just 1 poop (t u r d is blocked? Lol) that doesn’t make it a good deal

Anecdotal.

CG established a baseline price point for its in game resources and currencies when the game came out. How to convert real life money to in game value is usually derivative of how much that translates to crystals in the case of SWGOH. So for example if a bundle of gear costs 7500 crystals in game, that translates to $50 of crystals (I’m off a bit but too lazy to go in game and get the exact amount). Now if that same bundle can be bought for $25, it’s a deal based on what the money to crystal exchange rate is. It may not be a deal for you because it’s buying stuff for a video game, but in terms of actual value based on CG’s price points, it’s a deal. Just like when CG tries selling something for $49.99 that’s only worth like $30, it’s a bad deal
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I've played for about 7 months, just got to 1 mil GP about 3 weeks ago, and I think in total I've spent about $100. But it was on things here and there. If at the beginning of the game I knew how much I would enjoy this game I absolutely would've bought the Hyperdrive bundle, but I don't think it's worth it now. I've bought mostly crystal packs here and there. Though I did buy that "secret" Hounds Tooth pack from the journey guide when I unlocked ships and simply from how that thing kept me in top 20 or so for the first month of fleet arena I think it was high value.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Options
    WD_40 wrote: »
    I've played for about 7 months, just got to 1 mil GP about 3 weeks ago, and I think in total I've spent about $100. But it was on things here and there. If at the beginning of the game I knew how much I would enjoy this game I absolutely would've bought the Hyperdrive bundle, but I don't think it's worth it now. I've bought mostly crystal packs here and there. Though I did buy that "secret" Hounds Tooth pack from the journey guide when I unlocked ships and simply from how that thing kept me in top 20 or so for the first month of fleet arena I think it was high value.

No one can really say what is worth it for you, but I know many people 2,3,4 × GP higher than you and bought it as a "good deal".
  • Options
    I need the communications arm of the company (e.g. forum moderators) not to tell me, a former paying customer, that my concerns that led me to close my wallet are of no concern--that they have zero interest in earning my business back.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I need the communications arm of the company (e.g. forum moderators) not to tell me, a former paying customer, that my concerns that led me to close my wallet are of no concern--that they have zero interest in earning my business back.

Forum moderators are not the communications arm of the company.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    WD_40 wrote: »

No one can really say what is worth it for you, but I know many people 2,3,4 × GP higher than you and bought it as a "good deal".

True, it's just a personal preference thing. But I do think if there was like a hyperdrive 2.0 that you could purchase once you hit Lvl 85 that would basically advance you as far as the first hyperdrive bundle did if you bought it at the start of the game (about 3 months or so), I would buy it.
  • Options

Forum moderators are not the communications arm of the company.

Oh? I get way more info from Kyno than Crumb or Doja