Slave I: Taunt is Silly

Replies

• Wacka
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I reached out to the devs and they stated rather than removing Taunt, they decided to keep it and try to make Slave I more useful/tankier as a reinforcement by way of additional Protection Up and the counter/target lock interactions. Also, there will be some minor AI fixes introduced soon that we will provide more details on as it comes closer.

“ try to ” 😆

New Boba Fett ship tweaks:
    - on reinforce, counters twice then dies
  • Options
    I reached out to the devs and they stated rather than removing Taunt, they decided to keep it and try to make Slave I more useful/tankier as a reinforcement by way of additional Protection Up and the counter/target lock interactions. Also, there will be some minor AI fixes introduced soon that we will provide more details on as it comes closer.

Changes to fix the executor?

The AI changes I was referring to above were for Slave I/Firespray/BF's Starship/or whatever it ends up being. Executor is being looked into as well, per this post
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

The AI changes I was referring to above were for Slave I/Firespray/BF's Starship/or whatever it ends up being. Executor is being looked into as well, per this post

Will the AI changes somehow make a squishy attacker with a forced taunt somehow not die almost immediately upon RI?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Will the AI changes somehow make a squishy attacker with a forced taunt somehow not die almost immediately upon RI?

New AI RI priority: Call all available ships before Slave 1. If only Slave 1 remains, use basic.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    520 posts EA Community Manager
    edited August 2021
    Options

In some cultures, death is looked upon as a cause for celebration.
    (also, I don't have any more details on the changes for ya right now, but I'll post about it when I do)
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Those cultures don't play SWGOH.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Precisely. They develop it.
    Res non verba
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »

Precisely. They develop it.

200.gif
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    DonPuto wrote: »
    Why not use Slave I as a starter so it doesn't reinforce?

Yeah, stripping Piett off of all his mods so the Executor is downgraded to 187 speed (?) and S1 goes before it with it's 188 speed (168 + 20 from unique).

RIP Piett for squad usage.

R8 IG, dont fully upgrade mods on Piett

So HT, IG, S1 or RC, IG, S1? Next level starting lineups.

IG, HT, and RC. 1st reinforcement is S1, 2nd is XB.

Ok cool, might wanna read the initial post.

I dont lose S1 when he comes in with his taunt. My lineup wins 95%+ of the time. His taunt is not an issue.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

What’s this Slave 1 you speak of? I only know Boba Fett’s Starship ;)

You mean Firespray.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Yeah, stripping Piett off of all his mods so the Executor is downgraded to 187 speed (?) and S1 goes before it with it's 188 speed (168 + 20 from unique).

I dont lose S1 when he comes in with his taunt. My lineup wins 95%+ of the time. His taunt is not an issue.

Are you talking on offense or defense ?
  • Options
    Esharan wrote: »

(also, I don't have any more details on the changes for ya right now, but I'll post about it when I do)

This is a really good point. No one is upset with the AI. Slave 1 just isn't tanky enough to tank/taunt even with protection up. (R8 maxed mods.)

If slave would come as ri once the empire contract is up, it could bomb instantly and would benefit from 1/2 damage from oot attacks. Don’t know if it would be enough, but it would make it more durable for sure.
  • Options
    Yea a taunting attacker is flawed. There no situation you want slave 1 taunting. You could start in starting lineup- but then even with dropping mods off piett- he isn’t going first. So that 4* executor is beating you. Right now at 7* you’re forced to start ig-2000 so it goes before your piett-mod-stripper executor lands breach and you can call BH to assist the first turn. Which means you are calling slave 1 as a reinforcement- so he’ll taunt and die in 2 turns at r8. But if you wait the payout atleast you get off one Bomb. So there’s that.

We def need some adjustments to the executor fleet. Everything about this 7* lineup is wrong.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options

That's extremely stereotypical.
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    This would make some sense if this was 2017, but despite Squish1's high HP, he has low armor/protection and 10% prot up just isn't that much--and even that optimistically assumes these fancy buffs don't simply get dispelled by AT, KCS, or Han Falcon basic.

You can see here what reality thinks of Squish1's useful tankiness :/

That said, there's obviously something going on AI-wise with his RI priority, so perhaps he's not generally supposed to be a good RI in general in the first place (shame because CG required him to be r8, but maybe he only will come out, out of desperation, if HT is toast already, or something...).
  • Options
    So does the executor changes will come before or after the next round (when everyone will have it) ?

Just to know if the strategic advantage for day 1 unlock will be definitevly loss and useless. You know for refund and stuff
  • Options
    Rather than beefing him up just give him undispellable damage immunity for 1 round so he survives his taunt, or maybe an unending loyalty type buff that sees him revive and stealth when he is inevitably destroyed before his next turn
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Confirmation the ship is getting bounty hunters resolve. Blatantly
  • Options

Ahsoko can one-shot slave I immediately after reinforce with his current prot up. What good will more do?
  • Options

Then you’ve been lucky. I’ve had mine one-shotted by ahsoka with the very next action.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options

Only 95+% ?!?!?!?
  • Options
    Starts S1 and its fine.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Starts S1 and its fine.

And how do you know this? Not like you can watch on defense.

Even on offense, I’m guessing your shard is pretty weak.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Esharan wrote: »

This is a really good point. No one is upset with the AI. Slave 1 just isn't tanky enough to tank/taunt even with protection up. (R8 maxed mods.)

If slave would come as ri once the empire contract is up, it could bomb instantly and would benefit from 1/2 damage from oot attacks. Don’t know if it would be enough, but it would make it more durable for sure.

👀
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Starts S1 and its fine.

Mine is, and I love it. Weak fleet shard ftw.
  • Options
    Starts S1 and its fine.

Mine is, and I love it. Weak fleet shard ftw.

You ain’t kiddin’! Not gonna lie, that’s a wonderful scenario.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Yea a taunting attacker is flawed. There no situation you want slave 1 taunting. You could start in starting lineup- but then even with dropping mods off piett- he isn’t going first. So that 4* executor is beating you. Right now at 7* you’re forced to start ig-2000 so it goes before your piett-mod-stripper executor lands breach and you can call BH to assist the first turn. Which means you are calling slave 1 as a reinforcement- so he’ll taunt and die in 2 turns at r8. But if you wait the payout atleast you get off one Bomb. So there’s that.

We def need some adjustments to the executor fleet. Everything about this 7* lineup is wrong.

Thats all i want to say. Yesterday i lost hard 3 times when using the same line up with 4* Executor...ended up to use ig2000, win but not easy as my Executor still went 1st. CG should fix it or refund our crystals.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

What’s this Slave 1 you speak of? I only know Boba Fett’s Starship ;)

You mean Firespray.

Which one? There are quite a few flying around the galaxy. Slave 1 is the most famous of course ;)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Thats all i want to say. Yesterday i lost hard 3 times when using the same line up with 4* Executor...ended up to use ig2000, win but not easy as my Executor still went 1st. CG should fix it or refund our crystals.

Yes