Kyno wrote: »
    Server21 wrote: »
    Still getting beat by Negotiators. Even at 7 stars, pretty straightforward

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    @Server21

I was beaten by Nego - ETA/ HT/ Ahsoka starting.
    @Kyno

My executor is 7 stars, r7 HT; r5 RC; r5 XB
    All 6 dot mods on my pilots and theirs

Not that I support Executor being unbeatable but have you tried with IG instead of XB?
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    If anyone is mad about Home One having an issue post-Executor buff you shouldn't be. This update didn't do anything to stop that counter.
  • Fylik
    12 posts Member
    Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    If anyone is mad about Home One having an issue post-Executor buff you shouldn't be. This update didn't do anything to stop that counter.

"Crew Ability "Vader's Bounty" will stipulate at max rank (level 8) that Tank allies will take 50% reduced damage from out-of-turn attacks."
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Fylik wrote: »

"Crew Ability "Vader's Bounty" will stipulate at max rank (level 8) that Tank allies will take 50% reduced damage from out-of-turn attacks."

It still doesn't hinder the counter. Easy wins. If they wanted to hinder that counter or flat out stop it they'd probably need to put in a daze mechanic or something far more drastic than that ability.

• Options
    papaofmom wrote: »

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    @Server21

@Kyno

Not that I support Executor being unbeatable but have you tried with IG instead of XB?

I dropped more with IG in the lineup I found. Still not convinced - just been beaten by a 5* also
  • Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    @Server21

@Kyno

Cg sells this ship as unbeatable. It should live up to its name due to the high resources required for executor.

Otherwise, refund our resources so we can use it for LV
  • Gavsta
    202 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno
    Can I add, so there'sa dose of realism in the forum... whatever has been said above... it really isn't being easily beaten... I can say that first hand trying over & over... and streaming thru Discord with guildmates.
  • Options

It still doesn't hinder the counter. Easy wins. If they wanted to hinder that counter or flat out stop it they'd probably need to put in a daze mechanic or something far more drastic than that ability.

If you could share those easy wins with a video or something (showing the gear level of your pilots), it could help a lot players who still have trouble taming the beast.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

Cg sells this ship as unbeatable. It should live up to its name due to the high resources required for executor.

Can you share a quote or timestamp where they said unbeatable?

Closest we heard was good luck to beating it with other teams. Which does seem to be the case now. Not impossible, but not guaranteed.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

Closest we heard was good luck to beating it with other teams. Which does seem to be the case now. Not impossible, but not guaranteed.

Ah, back to the semantics game I see. Glad to see you back to form.
  • Gavsta
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

If you could share those easy wins with a video or something (showing the gear level of your pilots), it could help a lot players who still have trouble taming the beast.

I would also like @HokieFiend to see these mythical 'Easy wins' .... I've heard a lot of voices saying how easy it is...

I've heard a lot of people saying how easy it was to beat Executor and now, post buff, how easy it is to still beat.

However, I've not seen a single person show me over & over again the success of a particular counter.

What I have witnessed, & what I have done, along with guild members and others... we've tested these legendary counters versus, and there is a small fraction of a percentage of a success rate.... and every single one of these counters are subject to rng... it can win one battle, then lose 20.
    It'd be nice for these learned players of the game to share these apparent counters.... or fess up that really they're just annoyed that their new shiny Executor was bumped out of the Top Ten.

I've heard a lot of 'well I've spoken to 'X' who said it is easily beatable'.... I see limited evidence of this... and even less demonstrable facts.

What I suggest, when the next person says its easily beatable, is that they put their money where their mouth is.... spend crystals trying counters out, record them and share.
    I think after a few hrs of pulling your hair out, you may end up changing your view of the matter.
    If not, share....
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

He's not wrong though

Never saw CG said LV will be unbeatable, so why assume it is?
  • Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

CG Miller interview with Cubfan han (paraphrasing as little as possible):

CGM: "If you have a top of the meta fleet and do well in arena and GAC (translation: you know how to play your fleet), and you go against a 4* Executor, an Executor without max abilities, you should have a chance, it's not an instant defeat."

CFH: What about 7* Executor ?: CGM: "Hopefully, when there are enough 7* ships out there, you've got your 7* executor as well."

Seems pretty clear.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

He's not wrong though

Basically the exactness of what they said and the spirit of what they said. Sure, they never used the term "unbeatable," but that's the spirit that they were selling.

So, sure, Kyno the everlasting defender of everything CG says and does is not *actually* wrong, but at the same time he is wrong, because CG implied that it was unbeatable.
  • Gavsta
    202 posts Member
    Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

He's not wrong though

Me neither... I don't think Kyno is wrong at all.
    ... I think everyone who thought it'd be unbeatable assumed it was not going to be beaten when CG Miller said 'Good luck' when asked if Executor could be beaten by existing fleets.
    This assumption snowballed... so now those who went all in on the Executor have grasped onto this assumption.

I've not read/seen/heard anything from the devs to say it'd be indefatigable.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

He's not wrong though

Basically the exactness of what they said and the spirit of what they said. Sure, they never used the term "unbeatable," but that's the spirit that they were selling.

So, sure, Kyno the everlasting defender of everything CG says and does is not *actually* wrong, but at the same time he is wrong, because CG implied that it was unbeatable.

Kyno, the everlasting defender of everything CG says, has been very critical and against CG regarding Conquest changes, in the MEGA thread

And no, CG didn't imply it was unbeatable, because they hardly ever spoke about LV

I want to know if LV is going to be a better defense than JMK, or if JMK can compete with LV or not and I haven't found any information on LV's performance, so can you tell me what phrase they said that implied that?

Did they say LV will beat all 5 other GLs? Or will JMK and other GLs will be able to counter him?
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

He's not wrong though

Kyno, the everlasting defender of everything CG says, has been very critical and against CG regarding Conquest changes, in the MEGA thread

And no, CG didn't imply it was unbeatable, because they hardly ever spoke about LV

I want to know if LV is going to be a better defense than JMK, or if JMK can compete with LV or not and I haven't found any information on LV's performance, so can you tell me what phrase they said that implied that?

Did they say LV will beat all 5 other GLs? Or will JMK and other GLs will be able to counter him?

When did we start talking about LV? Isn’t this the Executor thread?
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    nvm
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh my bad Starson, i got confused

But yeah, CG was clear that Executor is going to remain unbeatable

I apologize for my confusion
  • Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

CG implied this ship was unbeatable when using the words, good luck.
    This is mispresentation, and is enough to cause many of us getting this oversold ship over LV.

For the record, the cost of getting one toon from gear 8 to 11 is about 13000 crystals, gear 12 to 13 about 24000 crystals, relic 1 to 7 about 15000 crystals and relic 7 to 8 about 15000 crystals.

About 348000 crystals getting this oversold ship to 7*, what are you saying again?

• Options
    That is the cost if you get everything from shipments not farming it.
  • Options
    You will take months to hoard that much resources for executor if you are not buying it with crystals
  • Options
    Gavsta wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

I would also like @HokieFiend to see these mythical 'Easy wins' .... I've heard a lot of voices saying how easy it is...

I've heard a lot of people saying how easy it was to beat Executor and now, post buff, how easy it is to still beat.

However, I've not seen a single person show me over & over again the success of a particular counter.

What I have witnessed, & what I have done, along with guild members and others... we've tested these legendary counters versus, and there is a small fraction of a percentage of a success rate.... and every single one of these counters are subject to rng... it can win one battle, then lose 20.
    It'd be nice for these learned players of the game to share these apparent counters.... or fess up that really they're just annoyed that their new shiny Executor was bumped out of the Top Ten.

I've heard a lot of 'well I've spoken to 'X' who said it is easily beatable'.... I see limited evidence of this... and even less demonstrable facts.

What I suggest, when the next person says its easily beatable, is that they put their money where their mouth is.... spend crystals trying counters out, record them and share.
    I think after a few hrs of pulling your hair out, you may end up changing your view of the matter.
    If not, share....

I didn't mean to come across as smug. I think the people trying it and pulling their hair out might be doing it with undergeared Rebel pilots.

From the feedback in my ship shard, people aren't having an issue on 7* Executors but those people do have relic'ed Rebels... some modestly relic'ed and one with r7 pilots. They are climbing as normal.

I'll try to get some feedback on the RC/XB starting lineup. Curiously those weren't getting hit as much so that specific lineup might pose more of a problem for Rebels.

Nobody is alone in this pain trust me. I think one of the main intents of this patch was to turn 7* Executor mirrors into an RNG fest. If you are out-relic'ed across the board it's a true RNG fest. We already have several 7* Executors with r8 pilots across the board. They've resorted to the old regular arena driver (speed) in order to try to force people to waste even more resources on this release.

They don't miss an opportunity do they. It's such a shame. This game could be so much better than this.

• John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Executor getting ultimate off first should be instant win. Timed out twice due to not being able to get through their HT afterwards and not enough time to get next ultimate.

Might need to bring in a few ships that can apply buff immunity
  • Options
    Executor getting ultimate off first should be instant win. Timed out twice due to not being able to get through their HT afterwards and not enough time to get next ultimate.

Mirror matches are awful now. Half of my matches are decided by 2nd Ult.

Which was billed as an outstandingly remarkable feat that is almost impossible to achieve. This is all so bad. Secondhand embarrassment is all I have for dudes like Doja and Crumb
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Lineup?
    Stars?
    Relic levels?
    On both sides
    Server21

Kyno

So they didnt say that. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options

Mirror matches are awful now. Half of my matches are decided by 2nd Ult.

Which was billed as an outstandingly remarkable feat that is almost impossible to achieve. This is all so bad. Secondhand embarrassment is all I have for dudes like Doja and Crumb

I got to the 2nd special twice in the 1st day, and very fresh in my mind was the developers (on Cubs’ video if I remember correctly) saying there was never a time in testing when it happened.

Needless to say I was not surprised in the slightest