Conquest Changes [MERGE]

18910111214Next

Replies

• Options
    Who ever is responsible for this mess should take a pay cut
  • Options
    The event was delayed a month while they made it substantially harder and it wasn’t even tested appropriately, leading to a further delay of unknown length? This is incredibly disappointing to the player base. Something more than “here’s your refresh crystals and energy back” would go a long way right now.
  • Options
    Having worked in Qa testing for software in a past life, I never give testing more than 50 percent of the blame and often much less. It takes a developer to introduce a bug, miss it on their unit testing, and then get missed by the testing team. But holy sweet baby yoda, when you miss something as basic as does it give out the right reward or in ds geo can the majority of players actually launch the mission, I can’t even really defend the testing team which I assume is understaffed, underpaid, and would be overworked even at twice the size.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You are stating the reason for the cancel was because of the bugs. But you failed to acknowledge the absolute horrible feedback you’ve gotten this far. This conquest is completely horrible and that won’t be improved by fixing these bugs. DO NOT BRING BACK CONQUEST 7, give us back version 6. Then throw version 7 in the trash and start over.
  • Options
    Funny how they nerf Gas, JKL and Vader because they dont want anyone beating up on their precious GL’s, yet its ok to amp their toons up with steroids to beat yours. Hell even jawas give jmk a run for his money. Am I missing something here or should I be expecting the annual contrarian response with some poser fan boy who sounds like they work for the company rather than play the game.
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Having worked in Qa testing for software in a past life, I never give testing more than 50 percent of the blame and often much less. It takes a developer to introduce a bug, miss it on their unit testing, and then get missed by the testing team. But holy sweet baby yoda, when you miss something as basic as does it give out the right reward or in ds geo can the majority of players actually launch the mission, I can’t even really defend the testing team which I assume is understaffed, underpaid, and would be overworked even at twice the size.

I have worked in IT development for a long time and agree with a lot of what you are saying. It's hard to tell what goes on inside CG, but I would wager it's the 3rd element beyond dev and QA that has just as much to do with it: management. When you have an increasingly complex game, it's going to take more time to develop and test. When there isn't an appropriate amount of time to dev/test or maybe you are short staffed trying to hit someone's hard deadline, testing is going to take a hit. We don't know if the QA team is comprised of huge fans of the game or not. That would certainly help otherwise you have people just reading off a test script that, again, may or may not be well thought out.

• Options
    For a lot of us, conquest is our only source of relic 8 gear, so this entire delay has been a kick in the teeth. Now going to be delayed again, probably past the next Executor event.
  • Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    For a lot of us, conquest is our only source of relic 8 gear, so this entire delay has been a kick in the teeth. Now going to be delayed again, probably past the next Executor event.

yup.. time to compensate for the lost time, CG..
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    Some of the Conquest changes announced today really miss the mark for me.

More energy per battle? Am I to assume that means I can't complete Conquest without refreshing energy now? How many refreshes? How many crystals is it going to cost for max prize now?

Their stated issue was that folks were rushing to complete the mode and then disengaging. That's happening because the mode isn't fun. If you want folks to continue to engage, after max crate is achieved, remove the energy cost and make swapping disks free.

This. And bring back the Cooldown disks. At the moment everything in the game is done with a specific purpose- it has to achieve something and it has to cost something. There is no “play for the fun of just playing”. Last time I played just because it was fun, rather than to farm, get max crate, progress towards a goal, was in conquest, after getting max crate, using cooldown disks just to see what we could do with them. That was playing not to achieve something, but because it was fun. Guess fun doesn’t make money though.

We stop engaging because it costs. And it’s not fun anymore. Try making a mode that doesn’t cost, and is actually worth playing for its own sake rather than because we need to earn something from it and watch people “engage”.
This discussion has been closed.