Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Please stay on topic: Conquest 8.

Are the devs aware/going to do anything about DR’s deathmark still not working toward the sector 5 feat?

Did you report or add to a report of this issues at Answers HQ?

Yes. And it’s a well known issue for a couple days now. Are we expected to go through this whole conquest with this not working even though they said it was fixed? Do they really think radio silence these last couple weeks is the best course of action?

Thank you, you should check back there or the dev tracker for updates on bugs and issues.

I didnt ask.

There’s nothing on the dev tracker and no acknowledgement from the dev team on here regarding this or any of the bugs in Grindquest.

Keep checking, that is the best place for the updates you are seeking.

Ok cool, in the meantime I’ll keep playing this bugged out game mode while they enjoy their weekend and expect us to spend money and resources on said game mode and their game all around. Sounds fair :)

The game is f2p, they have no expectations, just opportunities.

Seeing as they are in this to make money, they do expect to make a profit be revenue.

Also, this game mode is not F2P since Conquest 7 as the changes they implemented force you to use a substantial amount of crystals and gear investments.

Also, F2P or not, their lack of action by the devs on these known issues in conquest is ridiculous to say the least. Doja is on other threads making comments and interacting with the community so he’s able to access the forums.

Not a knock against him by any means, so don’t interpret it that way. I’m glad he’s speaking with us and interacting with us. What I mean is that he can comment on other threads but can’t make statements on this? That means that someone higher than him is making him stay hush hush on all these issues. I can take a wild guess on who that someone is, but I’ll be nice.

Them having a desire for people to spend money is not the same as them expecting people to. Yes they do desire for people to spend money, just like every for profit company. Correct they do expect to make a profit. (Every for profit company does, but not all of then do.)

There are many free sources of crystals in game, Conquest did not change that, not does that game mode change the fact that this is 100% a f2p game.

Him commenting on things that he is able to, without having to check with other people is different, I'm sure you can appreciate the situation on some level.

(yes you are, but I won't take it that way, and neither will he)

Correct, when it comes to more pressing issues and not just discussion points answers need to be more involved and more accurate, that can make the process slower, and even not possible to some extent. He is not told to not comment, he has to make judgements based on what he knows, and will not make misleading comments.

I'm sure you can appreciate the difference between the comments he has made, vs one that requires him to have an understanding of what's going on with a certain element.

They would not have upped the difficulty for the new conquest if they were flat out not trying to get people to spend cash and crystals. Period. End of story. People were able to do so before and that had to stop, hence the current conquest.

Now, i can see where it's of no concern when all the big spenders already have other toons that can do the feet. It doesn't hurt the money level, so no big deal. Hurts the F2P segment, screw 'em, they're not import.

So you know, game dies if there's no F2P. Whales won't whale out to be the other whales.

The point still remains that you do not need to spend to have crystals, and that engaging in the content does not require any input. Reaching the maximum rewards does, but not everyone is at end game in much of the content available.

Are you sure it only hurts f2p? There are no f2p who have a solid income and are making the red crate ? I agree that this changed the % of players getting there, but by no means is that a blanket statement across the board. There is also the fact that it doesnt lock players out from the character release, it just may extend it a few Conquest, and with the cost of LV, that is probably not an issue for many players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No you are deliberately responding in a ambiguously passive aggressive way. If that's not the case instead of being honest and candid you should be reaching out to your manager and relaying that there are a lot of upset people wanting answers. Or trying to calm people down not stoke community outrage.

How does your comment do anything but fan the flames of the situation. That's how I took it and I'm sure others will as well. Being dismissive is worse that just not posting which is an option.

I'll stop there. I'm heated, the game is suffering and the reason people are upset is we spent years of grinding and playing this game. We want it to thrive and we see very bad choices going on so we are vocal about them.

My suggestion is CG needs to give in a little in some way or communicate better from the top down. People are leaving and others are sick of the bugs, sick of the grind, sick of constantly being shafted by nerfs. Anyway sorry for ranting it's not about free to play I'm not free to play it's about a product that I have paid for.

They are aware of the sentiment, and no I will not stop being honest and candid. If people want to be upset about the current Conquest, and there is no other information to give, there is not much we can do. I feel it is important to be as straight up about things as I can be. I know many think everyone should be on the same page and that the dev team is always on the other side. But that is not the case and i feel it's better to work with them and try to make things different/better when and where we can, rather than try to beat them down or villainize them. We are all people here, I think sometimes this gets forgotten.

I always suggest people speak their mind, just in a constructive and helpful manner. That is the only way this will get momentum and produce changes.

There is nothing wrong with a rant, and Doja and others see this stuff. We cant always express the goings on and discussions that happen about different elements that are looked at due to constructive feedback such as these types of threads.
  • Options
    Why did you make conquest 8 more of a grind than c7 by moving feats around when c7 was a disaster?
  • Options
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Why did you make conquest 8 more of a grind than c7 by moving feats around when c7 was a disaster?

Because they want the grind to be even worse than it already was for "player engagement". Which is funny cuz all I'm seeing are more players leave my guild, and the players who remain hating Conquest or simply refusing to even play Conquest. I guess player engagement must mean something else to CG's upper management.
  • Options
    No you are deliberately responding in a ambiguously passive aggressive way. If that's not the case instead of being honest and candid you should be reaching out to your manager and relaying that there are a lot of upset people wanting answers.

What manager? Forum moderators are all volunteers. They don't get a paycheck, they aren't working for CG. They're players like you and me. Shoot, they asked me to be a mod once... I said no because I knew I'd be dealing with weirdos demanding to speak to my manager and then I'd have to explain to my boss at work why someone on a video game forum wanted to talk to the head of our warehouse.

This game is free to play. That is a fact. An absolute fact. People CHOOSE to pay for a variety of reasons--to get ahead, to get a specific character that they like, because they want to "win" the game, to support the development of future content, whatever. But they VOLUNTARILY choose to spend whatever money they do. If I had to put together a psychological profile of the typical person on this forum I would have a lot of assumptions that would get me banned (again) but the one that is relevant here is that I would say the typical player on this board thinks they're in the top 1% of players in this game, when, really, we're all pretty average. Any time there's a change that shatters their self-delusions or a new character or mode that they can't 100% on the first shot is added they get mad because they can't square the reality of them being pretty average with their self-image of being special tactical geniuses.

You don't have to pay to play this game. The only resource you need is patience. They've said this in the past and had it deliberately misconstrued back when Carrie said they know that whatever they add, there are some players who will spend whatever it takes to be the tip of the spear, but they don't design anything with the expectation that folks will pay through the nose to get it. They design with the expectation that the bulk of the players will get it free on the second or third go-around. There is a difference between KNOWING something and EXPECTING something. CG KNOWS that some people are going to do whatever it takes to complete everything in every Conquest, but they don't EXPECT people to do that. The expectation is that people will go as far as they can go, and then the next time it comes around they'll go a little further, and so on and so on until they're getting that red box with only an energy refresh every few days.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    No you are deliberately responding in a ambiguously passive aggressive way. If that's not the case instead of being honest and candid you should be reaching out to your manager and relaying that there are a lot of upset people wanting answers. Or trying to calm people down not stoke community outrage.

How does your comment do anything but fan the flames of the situation. That's how I took it and I'm sure others will as well. Being dismissive is worse that just not posting which is an option.

I'll stop there. I'm heated, the game is suffering and the reason people are upset is we spent years of grinding and playing this game. We want it to thrive and we see very bad choices going on so we are vocal about them.

My suggestion is CG needs to give in a little in some way or communicate better from the top down. People are leaving and others are sick of the bugs, sick of the grind, sick of constantly being shafted by nerfs. Anyway sorry for ranting it's not about free to play I'm not free to play it's about a product that I have paid for.

They are aware of the sentiment, and no I will not stop being honest and candid. If people want to be upset about the current Conquest, and there is no other information to give, there is not much we can do. I feel it is important to be as straight up about things as I can be. I know many think everyone should be on the same page and that the dev team is always on the other side. But that is not the case and i feel it's better to work with them and try to make things different/better when and where we can, rather than try to beat them down or villainize them. We are all people here, I think sometimes this gets forgotten.

I always suggest people speak their mind, just in a constructive and helpful manner. That is the only way this will get momentum and produce changes.

There is nothing wrong with a rant, and Doja and others see this stuff. We cant always express the goings on and discussions that happen about different elements that are looked at due to constructive feedback such as these types of threads.

No Kyno, I’m not trying to take a dig at Doja. When I say I’m not doing that, I mean exactly that. I don’t dance around or try to side step issues. If I have an issue with a moderator or a dev, I call them out. So if I were to call out Doja, I’d do it. If anything I’ve been defending him and crumb and going at those above them, AKA mark and TopCash. Anyway….

The devs are on our side? Lmao no. Doja and crumb maybe but if the dev team actually was on our side, not only would they not have rolled out C7 even after all the previous feedback they got, but they wouldn’t have reworked feat locations to try to eliminate getting multiple feats done at once. They wouldn’t be increasing gear/relic reqs for new things with almost zero change to the gear economy. If the devs cared they wouldn’t have nerfed toons into oblivion because “defense balance” when it was really to just make GL’s unbeatable expect against other GL’s.

Perhaps we need those above Doja and Crumb to listen to them and the community for once. Instead of acting like they know what we want, perhaps listen to what we actually want. This game is not in a good place now. Point blank period. They need a win soon. Many long time players, whale and F2P alike are leaving.
  • Options

No Kyno, I’m not trying to take a dig at Doja. When I say I’m not doing that, I mean exactly that. I don’t dance around or try to side step issues. If I have an issue with a moderator or a dev, I call them out. So if I were to call out Doja, I’d do it. If anything I’ve been defending him and crumb and going at those above them, AKA mark and TopCash. Anyway….

The devs are on our side? Lmao no. Doja and crumb maybe but if the dev team actually was on our side, not only would they not have rolled out C7 even after all the previous feedback they got, but they wouldn’t have reworked feat locations to try to eliminate getting multiple feats done at once. They wouldn’t be increasing gear/relic reqs for new things with almost zero change to the gear economy. If the devs cared they wouldn’t have nerfed toons into oblivion because “defense balance” when it was really to just make GL’s unbeatable expect against other GL’s.

Perhaps we need those above Doja and Crumb to listen to them and the community for once. Instead of acting like they know what we want, perhaps listen to what we actually want. This game is not in a good place now. Point blank period. They need a win soon. Many long time players, whale and F2P alike are leaving.

Well, that win isn't coming with Conquest 9...Crumb said that its pretty much set as is and we can expect changes for Conquest 10...but they care about the player base(those above Crumb/Doja), just so you guys know.
  • Options
    I don't trust chickens, they have suspicious eyes.

d5dddj9x9as4.jpg

Now we can haz changes? (And fried chicken?!) :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Options

Sorry, I just saw the unnecessary use of his name directly as a dig, because it is a funny way to not make a dig at him.

They are aware of the sentiment and these are not easy changes to make, but making changes for the health of the long term game, are done because they care. They are also working on other news that we should see when Doja gets the RA done.

Changes take time, on both ends, none of them are done lightly and so we will see how things play out.
  • Options

Sorry, I just saw the unnecessary use of his name directly as a dig, because it is a funny way to not make a dig at him.

They are aware of the sentiment and these are not easy changes to make, but making changes for the health of the long term game, are done because they care. They are also working on other news that we should see when Doja gets the RA done.

Changes take time, on both ends, none of them are done lightly and so we will see how things play out.

Kyno when I say that Doja is on the forums interacting with us, but can’t comment on the pertinent issues and bugs because higher ups won’t let him, that’s not a dig at Doja. That’s a statement of fact that you even acknowledge.

Not easy changes? They switched around the feats pretty easily between conquest 7 and 8 to make it more of a grind.

Also, wasn’t the point of the unity update to make it so changes like this would be easy? That the design of conquest in general was to allow for easy changes and adjustments? Not only that but if they cared why would they instill these changes to conquest 7 in the first place? They had mountains of data and feedback from the previous 6 conquests and their conclusion was to make it more of a grind, repetitive, resource sink and time commitment? When the biggest complaint against conquest was its repetitive feats and grind? If they cared we would’ve at least gotten feat counters in battle for the ridiculous feats that need them.

You can spin it however you want Kyno, but they’ve made very bad moves the last few months. The massive nerfs, the terrible changes to conquest and the associated bugs with it, upcoming R9 with zero changes to the gear economy. Need I say more?

Please tell me what they’ve done that’s been for the long term health of the game? The nerfs were done to make GL’s unbeatable except with other GL’s. The changes to conquest were meant to monetize it as much as they want. The associated bugs? Nothing being done about it a week in to this conquest. Increased relic requirements for new units and exclusive metas are good for the game?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno when I say that Doja is on the forums interacting with us, but can’t comment on the pertinent issues and bugs because higher ups won’t let him, that’s not a dig at Doja. That’s a statement of fact that you even acknowledge.

Not easy changes? They switched around the feats pretty easily between conquest 7 and 8 to make it more of a grind.

Also, wasn’t the point of the unity update to make it so changes like this would be easy? That the design of conquest in general was to allow for easy changes and adjustments? Not only that but if they cared why would they instill these changes to conquest 7 in the first place? They had mountains of data and feedback from the previous 6 conquests and their conclusion was to make it more of a grind, repetitive, resource sink and time commitment? When the biggest complaint against conquest was its repetitive feats and grind? If they cared we would’ve at least gotten feat counters in battle for the ridiculous feats that need them.

You can spin it however you want Kyno, but they’ve made very bad moves the last few months. The massive nerfs, the terrible changes to conquest and the associated bugs with it, upcoming R9 with zero changes to the gear economy. Need I say more?

Please tell me what they’ve done that’s been for the long term health of the game? The nerfs were done to make GL’s unbeatable except with other GL’s. The changes to conquest were meant to monetize it as much as they want. The associated bugs? Nothing being done about it a week in to this conquest. Increased relic requirements for new units and exclusive metas are good for the game?

You are making assumptions that indicate some separation that I don't think actually exists. Doja is great at his job, and has to make assessments about what he can and cant talk about. From my understanding the level of micro managment you seem to think is there, is not.

You cannot like the moves they made, but it doesnt make them bad, or mean they do not care. You can spin it however you want, but they do care and want the game and community to be here for a long time. (Its odd to suggest otherwise)

Yes, large scale balance changes to make GLs their own tier is a good for the game, one of the reasons why, is the high investment they already had and to help preserve the feeling that they are worth it, as the cost increases. Having a cost on end game characters is not a bad thing. Not sure what is going on with gear economy, you will have to look to Doja about that.
  • Options
    If whatever insider knowledge Kyno possesses gives him such a better feel for the state of the game than the masses (anecdotal, but I can't name one discord friend among dozens that is happier with the game now than in June), perhaps increasd transparency from the devs would improve things. Or maybe Kyno is an outlier. Who knows? But Kyno/Doja/Crumb having positive takes on the dumpster fire that has been the last 2 months feeds a lot of the frustration in my circles.

The citizens are starving and the ruling class is asking us to be happy about the new 5* restaurant on Broadway.
  • Options

You are making assumptions that indicate some separation that I don't think actually exists. Doja is great at his job, and has to make assessments about what he can and cant talk about. From my understanding the level of micro managment you seem to think is there, is not.

You cannot like the moves they made, but it doesnt make them bad, or mean they do not care. You can spin it however you want, but they do care and want the game and community to be here for a long time. (Its odd to suggest otherwise)

Yes, large scale balance changes to make GLs their own tier is a good for the game, one of the reasons why, is the high investment they already had and to help preserve the feeling that they are worth it, as the cost increases. Having a cost on end game characters is not a bad thing. Not sure what is going on with gear economy, you will have to look to Doja about that.

So then why hasn’t he acknowledged the DR bug in conquest? Why hasn’t he acknowledged the sentiment on conquest itself outside of a “I’ll take this feedback to the devs”. Come on just look at how animated and involved he is on off topic posts or even compared to when he first started and you’ll see a big difference. If you think there aren’t those above him that are making sure he doesn’t comment on these hot button topics, then you’re either lying to us or yourself.

No, making GL’s their own tier without other balancing done was not good for the game. Just as you say that people put a lot of investment into GL’s, many people also invested a lot into off meta counters having to farm and relic those counters up, and apply god tier mods and specific modding structures to make them work. They were not cheese counters. Players invested a lot into them, as well as the other nerfed characters for specific purposes only to have those investments diminished with little to no compensation. They didn’t do nearly enough to offset the changes throughout the game.

I don’t have to spin these changes any way Kyno. That’s what you’re trying to do. The changes to conquest 7 were bad. Nobody likes them. F2P or whale/kraken. They are universally hated. The response? Silence and moving around feats in conquest 8 to prevent as many feats being completed at once as possible.

The moves they’ve made the last couple months have been bad. Nerfs, increase gear/relic requirements, one dimensional arena/fleet meta, bugs galore, and of course the hated conquest changes. What about these moves show they care about anything other than the bottom line of their revenue? Player enjoyment and engagement surely aren’t it.

I’m not sure where the comment about cost for end game content is coming from. Nobody is talking about that. Im talking about them bringing in R9 and still having G8 to G9 gates still be an issue for endgame players. If you think it’s healthy for a game to add more layers of progression without addressing old (oldest) bottlenecks at the same time or shortly after a new tier is added (especially those using the same gear And material over and over and over) then you’re not thinking realistically.

If Doja or Crumb have good news for us that you may be privy to, I’d suggest they release it ASAP as there’s been next to nothing positive about the game brought out since the last RA. Like I said, the devs needs a win. Lots have left the game since the previous RA, both F2P and spender alike.

• Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    7+GP and can not hit red box…. With x3 refresh a day. Biggest problem is you made CAT easy to get for JMK and made maul so hard to get for people skipping JMK for LV. It’s a real kick in the face to anyone in my shoes. The bugs in C7 and C8 are a big deal as well with zero compensation for people who pushed above say box “5” at least we tried to get max Crate but fell short for multiple reasons some we could not control.
  • FurytheOriginal
    151 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    OK let me preface this by saying I am already maxed for the rewards so I am goofing around trying different data disc combos for experimentation and just an all around fun time....

This video is a perfect example of how NOT to get the Death Mark feat done in Sector 5 :-)

Hopefully it makes you chuckle....

https://youtu.be/-kHaq6nAtsA
    Post edited by FurytheOriginal on
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Please stay on topic: Conquest 8.

Are the devs aware/going to do anything about DR’s deathmark still not working toward the sector 5 feat?

Did you report or add to a report of this issues at Answers HQ?

Yes. And it’s a well known issue for a couple days now. Are we expected to go through this whole conquest with this not working even though they said it was fixed? Do they really think radio silence these last couple weeks is the best course of action?

Thank you, you should check back there or the dev tracker for updates on bugs and issues.

I didnt ask.

There’s nothing on the dev tracker and no acknowledgement from the dev team on here regarding this or any of the bugs in Grindquest.

Keep checking, that is the best place for the updates you are seeking.

Ok cool, in the meantime I’ll keep playing this bugged out game mode while they enjoy their weekend and expect us to spend money and resources on said game mode and their game all around. Sounds fair :)

The game is f2p, they have no expectations, just opportunities.

Seeing as they are in this to make money, they do expect to make a profit be revenue.

Also, this game mode is not F2P since Conquest 7 as the changes they implemented force you to use a substantial amount of crystals and gear investments.

Also, F2P or not, their lack of action by the devs on these known issues in conquest is ridiculous to say the least. Doja is on other threads making comments and interacting with the community so he’s able to access the forums.

Not a knock against him by any means, so don’t interpret it that way. I’m glad he’s speaking with us and interacting with us. What I mean is that he can comment on other threads but can’t make statements on this? That means that someone higher than him is making him stay hush hush on all these issues. I can take a wild guess on who that someone is, but I’ll be nice.

Them having a desire for people to spend money is not the same as them expecting people to. Yes they do desire for people to spend money, just like every for profit company. Correct they do expect to make a profit. (Every for profit company does, but not all of then do.)

There are many free sources of crystals in game, Conquest did not change that, not does that game mode change the fact that this is 100% a f2p game.

Him commenting on things that he is able to, without having to check with other people is different, I'm sure you can appreciate the situation on some level.

Correct, when it comes to more pressing issues and not just discussion points answers need to be more involved and more accurate, that can make the process slower, and even not possible to some extent. He is not told to not comment, he has to make judgements based on what he knows, and will not make misleading comments.

I'm sure you can appreciate the difference between the comments he has made, vs one that requires him to have an understanding of what's going on with a certain element.

They would not have upped the difficulty for the new conquest if they were flat out not trying to get people to spend cash and crystals. Period. End of story. People were able to do so before and that had to stop, hence the current conquest.

Now, i can see where it's of no concern when all the big spenders already have other toons that can do the feet. It doesn't hurt the money level, so no big deal. Hurts the F2P segment, screw 'em, they're not import.

So you know, game dies if there's no F2P. Whales won't whale out to be the other whales.

The point still remains that you do not need to spend to have crystals, and that engaging in the content does not require any input. Reaching the maximum rewards does, but not everyone is at end game in much of the content available.

Are you sure it only hurts f2p? There are no f2p who have a solid income and are making the red crate ? I agree that this changed the % of players getting there, but by no means is that a blanket statement across the board. There is also the fact that it doesnt lock players out from the character release, it just may extend it a few Conquest, and with the cost of LV, that is probably not an issue for many players.

I never said none. I'm in year, i 3? maybe 4? I don't know. I was going to get red crate - then they changed it and made it impossible for me. So be it. I'm less upset at that than I am at the fact they're gating what i need to advance any farther behind this. No chance at all at aero's in the current set up, thanks a lot. Not unless i want to cough up a significant amount of money to do so, but that was the point, no? it wasn't people do it too fast, it was people not kicking in enough money in the process.

And yes, yes, i know, Super Pit, or whatever....guild isn't quite there yet and i have no desire to leave due to gating.
  • Options
    You should change the topic, this is not GC but Conquest ;)
  • Options
    Ah such disks to strive for! If I can manage to beat kenobi with my alt at all, what a pile of rubbish awaits.
    zrdljmn14zpm.jpg

No purple disks this conquest. Just endless repeats of grey disks with a sprinkling of green and the same blues over and over. Insatiable, power, and turn meter. No blue entrenched. Hardly any buff gain disks to go with the turn meter ones. Even in the last caches before kenobi there was only one blue and one green out of the 12 disk options. All the rest grey and the blue was yet another power.

It doesn't feel good when just bad luck on the disks puts a cap to the prize box you can get. Just frustrating.

If you can't be bothered sorting out the disk caches to have a better spread, how about just upping the options from 3 to 4. That will improve selection a lot, even if all the same is still theoretically possible.
  • Options
    I REALLY love Weak Point Data disc, but it makes really hard to get those feats that requiere you to take some time in battle. I'm having the same issue trying to get the Dazed feat with GAS, not even against JMK I managed to get a turn before my GAS killed everyone, including JMK himself, and he only was at 60% stamina...
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    You should change the topic, this is not GC but Conquest ;)

My bad and thanks !! :-)
  • Options
    Potency down on Yoda's basic is bugged. Thats fun.

More bugs to this stupid game mode that they refuse to fix.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

How is it bugged? I haven't noticed any problems with it but maybe I haven't been watching it closely enough.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So then why hasn’t he acknowledged the DR bug in conquest? Why hasn’t he acknowledged the sentiment on conquest itself outside of a “I’ll take this feedback to the devs”. Come on just look at how animated and involved he is on off topic posts or even compared to when he first started and you’ll see a big difference. If you think there aren’t those above him that are making sure he doesn’t comment on these hot button topics, then you’re either lying to us or yourself.

No, making GL’s their own tier without other balancing done was not good for the game. Just as you say that people put a lot of investment into GL’s, many people also invested a lot into off meta counters having to farm and relic those counters up, and apply god tier mods and specific modding structures to make them work. They were not cheese counters. Players invested a lot into them, as well as the other nerfed characters for specific purposes only to have those investments diminished with little to no compensation. They didn’t do nearly enough to offset the changes throughout the game.

I don’t have to spin these changes any way Kyno. That’s what you’re trying to do. The changes to conquest 7 were bad. Nobody likes them. F2P or whale/kraken. They are universally hated. The response? Silence and moving around feats in conquest 8 to prevent as many feats being completed at once as possible.

The moves they’ve made the last couple months have been bad. Nerfs, increase gear/relic requirements, one dimensional arena/fleet meta, bugs galore, and of course the hated conquest changes. What about these moves show they care about anything other than the bottom line of their revenue? Player enjoyment and engagement surely aren’t it.

I’m not sure where the comment about cost for end game content is coming from. Nobody is talking about that. Im talking about them bringing in R9 and still having G8 to G9 gates still be an issue for endgame players. If you think it’s healthy for a game to add more layers of progression without addressing old (oldest) bottlenecks at the same time or shortly after a new tier is added (especially those using the same gear And material over and over and over) then you’re not thinking realistically.

If Doja or Crumb have good news for us that you may be privy to, I’d suggest they release it ASAP as there’s been next to nothing positive about the game brought out since the last RA. Like I said, the devs needs a win. Lots have left the game since the previous RA, both F2P and spender alike.

I can ask him to get a message out about DR, we will see.

Taking it to the devs is a response. He doesnt have any further information, what else can he say? As they stated in the post about this they will be running 3 Conquest "seasons" that will keep the theme they are launched with.

I think your obsession with trying to blame "someone" is clouding your judgement. If you cant see why with his limited time he can more easily hit multiple topics that do not require any real outside knowledge, then maybe you should rethink what you see as engaging in the community. BTW, this focus on his actions is what I mean when I say you are calling him out, despite trying to say you are not, and the idea that there is "some villain" that must be named is the other idea that I try to help people get away from, as it is not helpful or constructive and can generally pull focus away from the issues where game feedback would be more helpful to the situation.

Correct the changes to Conquest will follow the plan laid out and run in groups of 3. Correct players will make their choices. I am not spinning it, players do like to have an advantage and that includes f2p who will get the characters f4om Conquest.

I understand that in the short term this can have that feeling, but it doesnt change the long effect it has on the health and design space of the game.

If you are talking about the changes to Conquest changes, you are talking about the cost of end game characters, and yo a lesser extent LV.

You do realize they have not release r9 yet, right?

They only need a win, if you focus on this being us vs them. When you start to let that go and realize you are not under attack, and that it is helpful to provide constructive feedback and discuss things in game in a healthy conversation style, it becomes more clear that they can and have made hard choices that are good for the game in the long term. The game is about the long term, and will continue to be so. They have information that they are putting together in the RA, I am hopeful with the references they have made that players will be interested in this information. Each will take it how they will.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If whatever insider knowledge Kyno possesses gives him such a better feel for the state of the game than the masses (anecdotal, but I can't name one discord friend among dozens that is happier with the game now than in June), perhaps increasd transparency from the devs would improve things. Or maybe Kyno is an outlier. Who knows? But Kyno/Doja/Crumb having positive takes on the dumpster fire that has been the last 2 months feeds a lot of the frustration in my circles.

The citizens are starving and the ruling class is asking us to be happy about the new 5* restaurant on Broadway.

We are sometimes involved very early on in discussions, without really given any details, and that would be too early for them to discuss things more openly.

By the time we get a rough heads up that something may be coming around on that, but still no real details. At this point that would be pre announcing something that is going to be announced, which is also not likely to happen.
    But Kyno/Doja/Crumb having positive takes on the dumpster fire that has been the last 2 months feeds a lot of the frustration in my circles.

Firstly, have I really? I wouldnt quite call it a positive take on the current situation. I can see and understand that need for and long term effect of hard choices. I also tend to have my feelings driven by the game, and not directly by the actions taken. I'm still having fun, but maybe at a different level with the current Conquest setup. (RL, shouldn't get in the way of my gaming. 🤔 😐 😉)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

How so? I didnt see any issues while pumping out that feat. (No need to win, so just need to burn energy)