Next Galactic Chase, what's the pattern?

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    #VoteZam

w7vya9cpcuvp.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Freedud1 wrote: »
    I think the galactic chases are great. So you have them all 7*? You will then get shards dor shard shop. Win win. Something for nothing.

Thank you CG and please ignore all the entitled winers on this thread.

And this is why we can't have nice things. There will always be people happily gobbling up anything CG throws our way and attacking anyone who disagrees.
    The real reason why we can’t have nice things is because some people will decry any development that doesn’t directly benefit them personally, even though it will benefit thousands of others.

Well this barely benefits anyone. A bunch of borderline useless store characters? CG please... Everyone knows that the real pain is in hard node farms. This is just a PR stunt for people who don't think too much, and it seems to be working.
  • Options
    I think the galactic chases are great. So you have them all 7*? You will then get shards dor shard shop. Win win. Something for nothing.

And this is why we can't have nice things. There will always be people happily gobbling up anything CG throws our way and attacking anyone who disagrees.
    The real reason why we can’t have nice things is because some people will decry any development that doesn’t directly benefit them personally, even though it will benefit thousands of others.

Well this barely benefits anyone. A bunch of borderline useless store characters? CG please... Everyone knows that the real pain is in hard node farms. This is just a PR stunt for people who don't think too much, and it seems to be working.
    It not benefitting you is not the same as barely benefitting anyone. One of them is a direct GL requirement, 2 others are likely to be pivotal in people unlocking C3PO. Every little helps

I think your judgement has been skewed by the second iteration of this feature, where the options were the 2 GET2 capital ships.

Did you seriously expect the bonus drops to always be at or above that level?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

It not benefitting you is not the same as barely benefitting anyone. One of them is a direct GL requirement, 2 others are likely to be pivotal in people unlocking C3PO. Every little helps

I think your judgement has been skewed by the second iteration of this feature, where the options were the 2 GET2 capital ships.

Sure, because a hard node character is above the level of GET2 capitals...
    And you got an example of a low account that doesn't benefit either in this very thread. If you insist on dismissing all I say based on my guild, you can at least accept that.
  • Options
    Some people seem to be forgetting that they are getting something for nothing, CG don't have to keep running galactic chases, so just accept it and move on.
  • Options
    Baibars wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

I got an alt at 1.2 mil gp and this really doesn't benefit much to that account. If I want those characters, they are easy to farm. I agree it is still a nice thing to have even if we don't need, or benefit much, but why not ask for harder to get characters?

The answer you can't or don't want to say out loud is (I think) some of you guys had them hard way and you want us to struggle for them as well

What's the swgoh.gg of your alt?

https://swgoh.gg/p/819664766/

Why?

Why do you not have Chewie and/or 3PO?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

I got an alt at 1.2 mil gp and this really doesn't benefit much to that account. If I want those characters, they are easy to farm. I agree it is still a nice thing to have even if we don't need, or benefit much, but why not ask for harder to get characters?

The answer you can't or don't want to say out loud is (I think) some of you guys had them hard way and you want us to struggle for them as well

What's the swgoh.gg of your alt?

https://swgoh.gg/p/819664766/

Why?

Why do you not have Chewie and/or 3PO?

I believe I already answered to this question.
    If I want those characters, they are easy to farm. I agree it is still a nice thing to have even if we don't need, or benefit much, but why not ask for harder to get characters?
  • Options

And you got an example of a low account that doesn't benefit either in this very thread. If you insist on dismissing all I say based on my guild, you can at least accept that.
    He says it doesn’t benefit him - but I disagree.

At some point he will want to work towards C3PO and/or SLKR. Assuming one of the toons that helps either cause is chosen, he will benefit.

Realistically, how could the devs pick a bonus drop that directly contributes to the current farming goals of absolutely all beginner players right at this very moment?
  • Options
    Some people seem to be forgetting that they are getting something for nothing, CG don't have to keep running galactic chases, so just accept it and move on.

Precisely the point. This is literally something for nothing, regardless of who it is. They could have started this new style of chase with a choice between CUP and Mob Enforcer, and it still would have value for everyone, whether that be extra shard store currency or getting one of them to 7* for platoons.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Realistically, how could the devs pick a bonus drop that directly contributes to the current farming goals of absolutely all beginner players right at this very moment?

They can't (even if we find some less vague definition for beginner players), but they can offer something that is actually a core piece of its faction and/or hard to farm. Like KRU, Bossk, Embo...
    But hey, you are right, it's all the same to me anyway. So sorry for wanting something actually useful for new players.
  • Options
    Geez...with attitudes like this its no wonder CG is targeting new players with these character chases and gear changes.

I get it. Your roster is packed and Wicket is pointless for you but hes not pointless for everybody. Do you even remember having fun with this game? Do you remember how awesome it was to unlock a Journey Guide character? Guess what? All of these characters do that (except one).

Just remember when you're grinding out CAT shards to unlock her in a couple days that CAT shards help new players absolutely none. I expect to see you here complaining about how few people that chase actually helps.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Honestly I hope it's some core characters that vets all have that will seriously help newer players. Utility units like HYoda, Wat, or Thrawn, that will help to 'hook' newer players and incentivize them to keep playing, as that's what keeps the game alive. For the rest of us, I think it's fine to get showered with a little extra Shard Shop currency when these chases happen.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly I hope it's some core characters that vets all have that will seriously help newer players. Utility units like HYoda, Wat, or Thrawn, that will help to 'hook' newer players and incentivize them to keep playing, as that's what keeps the game alive. For the rest of us, I think it's fine to get showered with a little extra **** currency when these chases happen.

Yeah, which is exactly what the characters in this iteration aren't, hence my criticism. They help even new players very little, it seems that CG is trying to maximize PR value and minimize actual impact. And people here still try to twist my point into something else...
  • Options
    I remember the Wicket farm being a pain when I unlocked my C3PO.

And Hard Node farms are still a pain even for accelerated characters. So good for people who need those.

Dengar was annoying too as he wasn't always on the store.

So I'm ok with this even if it's useless for me. I mean, Geos were useless too, for me, so it's not different than that.
  • Options
    interesting that we go from 5 toons at a time, to 1 capital ship, to now "pick one".......what happened to 5 at a time? Just do all 5 at once if you really want to help new players. After all, if the FOSFTP wins and someone isn't going for SLK ever, not helpful. If they already have ewoks and ewoks are chosen, not helpful. If they already have Dengar and Zam, also not helpful....so just release them all at once if it's really about "helping" newer players.

Cuz from where I'm sitting these chases are just getting stingier toward new players and older players only get anything if they happen to be farming LS or wherever CG decides to dump the chase in.
  • Options
    i agree wicket is the worst farm for ewoks. mostly because there are so many other hard nodes i still need. cantina farms are fast, elder is free, logray is a pain but you get 10 shards per purchase so it goes up pretty quick.
  • Options
    I have a hard time understanding the entitlement attitude in here. If you don't need them, then you don't need to vote, let alone comment on it.

Developed rosters have gotten a lot of attention over the last year. Executor, RC, CAT, Maul, Conquest, etc.

This is a way for CG to give some attention to newer players and people who haven't gone after these shards. I, for one, only have one of the characters at 7*. I've been playing for less than a year. So thank you for trying to squash my ability to enjoy this game. This one is for newer players. So take a seat on the bench and let the rest of us have a shot.

Thank you CG for spreading the attention to everyone!
  • Options
    5 geos then a cap ship then 1 or 2 of these. I’m not so much worried about the characters as to the overall benefit to newer players. With the exodus of players, cg should be amping up the help to newer players to retain them at a higher percentage and speed along their progression.

So like I said the characters are fine, I wasn’t expecting a choice between gas/malak as the next chase or negotiator. However, if you aren’t going to do get currency characters and instead do marginal characters that have a need but aren’t spectacular, do more of them.

I’m getting shard currency and that’s great, but cg can’t expect players to take 5+ years to get to 7 million gp from zero and expect this game to survive five years. The early to mid game needs to be accelerated by some means other than money. This is the beginning of the acceleration but imho it needs to be more. Personally new accounts should start with the hyperdrive bundle for free or some major boost like that.

• Options
    Another idea would be to finally pull the trigger on an ally point store. Offer every character and ship that is more than 2 years old at 7500 points for 5 shards and 10-15k points for get currency characters or something like that. The numbers are guesses but it should be more expensive to purchase shards then you would get if you randomly rolled.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Could be worse: IG-86, Ewok Scout, Royal Guard, Snow Trooper, Magna Guard

Don't give them ideas....
  • Options
    Easy pattern--characters that are generally useful and needed for something, but are otherwise a pain to farm.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Trust me, we're not dismissing you because of your guild. We're dismissing you because you're angry that the free thing you're getting isn't the right color.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Trust me, we're not dismissing you because of your guild. We're dismissing you because you're angry that the free thing you're getting isn't the right color.

Which is not what I'm saying at all, but whatever.
  • Options
    I appreciate free shard shop currency, but was kinda hoping the racir crest thing was the “usual” distribution way for conquest chars… following that pattern nov chase would have been CAT…
  • Options

Yes it is. You're mad that you can't benefit from these free things, you're just dressing it up as being upset on behalf of people who don't care.
  • Options
    Eldorian wrote: »
    I appreciate free shard shop currency, but was kinda hoping the racir crest thing was the “usual” distribution way for conquest chars… following that pattern nov chase would have been CAT…

She's still in Conquest prizes, though. They did the Razor Crest chase when that ship rotated out of the prize boxes. They may still do it, but will have to wait until another character is announced--which, if the pattern so far holds, should be after this Conquest is over. But we only have a small sample size so far, so who knows?
  • Options
    Eldorian wrote: »

There will be a "galactic chase" for CAT in 3 days
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Yes it is. You're mad that you can't benefit from these free things, you're just dressing it up as being upset on behalf of people who don't care.

Of course, you are right, that's why I suggested characters like KRU, Bossk and Embo that would have literally the same effect for me.
    And honestly, I'm more upset because people are falling for cheap PR stunts. That means less motivation for CG to actually improve anything.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    overall i was amazed with last one, got 85 mal shards, if they squeeze in trash toons once in a while so be it. hermit yoda and wampa next, LET'S GO.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    I believe they've said that the Community Poll Galactic Chase won't be an indication of anything coming in the future but just a bunch of choices to help players farm toons and nothing more than that