Conquest 10 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I really enjoyed the Han Solo battle (sector 3 boss) it was awesome!

Yes, I had to move some things around, but it's nice to have something different to deal with, and such a cool scene from the movies!
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    You guys realize that if everyone is having a hard time, then no one is gaining an advantage over you, right? We're all in the same boat.

I do competitive trivia (AND play a Star Wars mobile game? What a weird Venn diagram!) and one time there was a question that every team thought was so obvious that we all put the same answer, confident we would get it right. Answers come back and every single team got it wrong. People were outraged because they felt they were cheated out of a point. But if we all got it wrong or we all got it right, the relative scores remained the same, see? If you were 4 points behind the first place team and we all got it wrong, if they changed the answer and we all got it right you would still be 4 points behind.

You can criticize the mode all you want about whether it's fun or not, too hard or not, rewards are worth it or not, etc. That's all fair game. But criticisms based on you falling behind are a false assumption because the people you are in competition with are also falling behind at an equal pace. If someone is whaling out and buying everything imaginable and you weren't, then you were never in competition with them in the first place.

If you're curious what the question was--
    In Michael Jackson's Thriller video, he transforms into two monsters. A zombie and what other monster?
    Werecat. Not a werewolf. In several interviews the makeup artist explicitly stated that he refused to do another werewolf after Werewolves of London, so he gave Michael cat's eyes to be a werecat.

No, were not in the same boat, because its not a riddle to solve. It is cash or no cash, archive over time or spend a low amount of crystall, isnt an option anymore.
    Yes. And if you don't spend crystals or money then you're competing against the other people who haven't spent because the ones who have, have been ahead of you the entire time. GAC and TW are based on GP, but whether your 6m GP opponent has achieved that GP by playing patiently and free for 5 years or whether they've been spending $10k to reach that GP in a month, they're still at 6m GP. Your Arena group is set in stone when you reach a certain account level and that's it, once it fills up it's full forever, the player that joined a year ago and has dropped a dime to buy an awesome roster and completes Conquest every time? You're never going to face them in Arena, ever.

So who are you falling behind, really? The people who aren't in your Arena shard? The people who are accumulating GP and falling outside the GP range for GAC or TW?
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    You guys realize that if everyone is having a hard time, then no one is gaining an advantage over you, right? We're all in the same boat.

I do competitive trivia (AND play a Star Wars mobile game? What a weird Venn diagram!) and one time there was a question that every team thought was so obvious that we all put the same answer, confident we would get it right. Answers come back and every single team got it wrong. People were outraged because they felt they were cheated out of a point. But if we all got it wrong or we all got it right, the relative scores remained the same, see? If you were 4 points behind the first place team and we all got it wrong, if they changed the answer and we all got it right you would still be 4 points behind.

You can criticize the mode all you want about whether it's fun or not, too hard or not, rewards are worth it or not, etc. That's all fair game. But criticisms based on you falling behind are a false assumption because the people you are in competition with are also falling behind at an equal pace. If someone is whaling out and buying everything imaginable and you weren't, then you were never in competition with them in the first place.

In Michael Jackson's Thriller video, he transforms into two monsters. A zombie and what other monster?
    Werecat. Not a werewolf. In several interviews the makeup artist explicitly stated that he refused to do another werewolf after Werewolves of London, so he gave Michael cat's eyes to be a werecat.

Sorry but when "everyone" gets something wrong and stays on the same level, that isn't the same as not being able to complete conquest in SWGOH. You're assuming that "everyone" is unable to complete it, but some will and they will pull ahead. Not just at the 10+ Mil GP range, but at every range. Not everyone has the time to play conquest 5 hours a day and/or spend hundreds to rebuild stamina and/or refresh multiple times to pull ahead.

Again, who are you in competition with? If someone has the 5 hours (it doesn't take that long, by the way) and is grinding the thing out to complete in two weeks while you're getting box 4 or 5, then you weren't in competition in the first place because they have been spending that amount of time this whole time. Everyone likes to think they're special, but none of us are--what that means is that the people we're really competing against are the people who play like we do. If you play free and don't spend 5 hours (again, not a real thing) per day doing Conquest, then you're competing against the other players who started around when you did, built their roster in more or less the same way and at same speed as you did, and also don't spend money. If one of your peers suddenly gets a wild hair and spends $100 on this conquest and gets significantly higher rewards than you do, then congratulations because they just advanced their GP out of the range where it's competing with you. See what I mean?
    You're playing a trivia game because it's "fun" and there's nothing wrong with that. We come here to have fun playing a Star Wars game and CG continually increases the difficulty of conquest claiming they are listening to us and improving the enjoyment factor.
    I play this game to have fun, too. Ask yourself what's fun, though. If you think the mode is fun, then increasing the challenge is good because, frankly, the first few were way too easy and the mode was failing at its core concept--being a challenge for players at the end of the game with rosters of over 6 million (you can play it at 4m, but the expectation isn't to complete it at 4m).

If it's the REWARDS that were fun, then increasing the challenge is bad because it means lesser rewards. But very few people are being honest with themselves when they say they don't like it any more because it isn't fun--they don't like it because they aren't completing it as effortlessly as they used to.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying this mode is perfect. There's room for improvement, and it has become less fun, in my eyes, because of the increased cost per node. What I like about the mode is coming up with ways to do things like get 40 staggers or whatever, and I never really minded the "grind" of feats up through Conquest 9 because that "grind" meant I was playing the content that I liked. But increasing the energy cost meant there are long stretches of the day where I can't play it without spending, and the spend isn't worth the reward.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I know CG won't tell us, but I wonder what the takeup in the player base of the Battle Passes will be.

I'd hope it was low, as most people only spend money on things they enjoy. If they made Conquest enjoyable, I'd think the $10 would have a fairly high takeup. The improvement in stamina regeneration etc would almost be worth the $10 spent anyway.

BUT the game mode sucks and isn't fun so I hope the take up of the Battle Pass is low so they realise they have failed.
  • Options
    Conquest is so boring now, the only reason I bother to do the battles is to get conquest currency, and not to buy massively overpriced character shards, but g12+ gear.

I haven't unlocked a single conquest character because it just isn't worth it for me
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options

False. There are players that are 100% not in the same boat as everyone else.

I dont even like boats.
  • Options
    CG can see what are the wining combos people used then nerf them in next round of conquest. GAS501 was just was useful as GL but they nerf that (via change in DD) and became almost irrelevant

The only way to make them rethink is they get less $ than before

Streamers will pay whatever amount to make content that attract viewers. I wouldn’t spend the amount of an iPad Pro just to get say, a bad batch toon high relic immediately but ad money makes that no brainier. Eventually game dev no longer care about occasion, small spending anymore. Many people don’t realise they are actually helping streamers to distort the game business.
  • Options
    mrposhman wrote: »
    I know CG won't tell us, but I wonder what the takeup in the player base of the Battle Passes will be.

I'd hope it was low, as most people only spend money on things they enjoy. If they made Conquest enjoyable, I'd think the $10 would have a fairly high takeup. The improvement in stamina regeneration etc would almost be worth the $10 spent anyway.

BUT the game mode sucks and isn't fun so I hope the take up of the Battle Pass is low so they realise they have failed.

I spent a fairly large amount on the game but I will not buy the battle pass. The changes in Conquest that came with the introduction of the pass are too drastic. Its not even about difficulty or skill. No, it has become such an annoying chore to do that I will not reward this with spending. If an 8m GP player with 6 GL cant do this with reasonable effort (both, crystals and time) its not worth it.

Personally I blame myself and all the others who spent amounts in the 5-digit zone or even more. We lowered the bar and disincentivized the company with regards to delivering good content. The battle pass will sell just like all the other stuff. In my guild we joked that this is like a drug dealers business: to make a lot of money from a thing people cant keep their hands off.
  • Options
    Another frustrated player here...and i ACTUALLY WAS A FAN of Galactic conquest...

Played all of them, could feel my lineups slowly improving...went from barely making Sector 1, to a happy finish of Sector 4....was actually EAGER to play it every morning to see if i could do one more step and try for the ongoing feats...had to MANAGE strategies to acomplish maximum with available time and resources...

SUDDENLY...it simply become MUCH HARDER and FRUSTRATING...i cannot pass SECTOR 2 now...
    FEATS became boring or moot...either too large amounts required OR they require teams i wont have anytime soon...
    I could break 4 more teams JUST BECAUSE i used the INVENTORY items...so i guess that is the point...

BOTTOM LINE...i no longer care...just another mode to grind for "SOMETHING"...but actually frustarting to play. AGAIN...i was one of those HAPPY with it...
    NAIL IN THE COFFIN...reading the "motivation text" for Galaxy 10 actually makes me angry...i feel "cheated"...and i am not easy to annoy...i UNDERSTAND the freemium concept...and part of it is that you should NOT take away something players already have...
  • Options

So just this morning I ran into an opponent mon mothma team where Mothma didn’t die when she was the last one standing. Of course I killed her no problem but still.
    And also had a team of overprepared clones interrupt my team when I did a Tm swap, I didn’t think that was possible but with enough speed I guess anything is possible.
    Maybe these interactions are WAI in conquest but it feels buggy.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    More feedback time! And this time, it will be only the bad/ugly, because I have already said everything that could be called good about this abomination of a game mode.
    Deliberately breaking up feats with other feats is a Sith move (apologies to any Sith I may have offended, please don't kill me), especially when those feats require an absurd number of battles. Case in point: 40 wins BH, 40 wins Smuggler, 20 wins with one key member of each so it doesn't contribute to any full team. Probably meant to force "encourage" us to buy stamina refreshes. At least we can just stick the two with depleted stamina with any three characters able to carry the battle.
    "Endure some horrible torture of a modifier while babysitting a lame character" is my new most hated kind of feat. It easily beats the previous winner, which was "Get an absurd number of wins with a lame team". But I guess it brings engagement (which equals popularity in CG's eyes) due to repeated attempts while wasting our crystals and "encouraging" us to buy more consumables, so it's a win according to every metric CG cares about.
  • Options
    MM team is bugged.
    * Pao attacks multiple times for 10-20 seconds straight.
    * The game lags more and more as the fight goes on.
    * Nest does not counter and targeting moves away from my set target sometimes.
  • Options
    I wonder how battles would be if enemies don't have overprepared und our toons were naked, with their mods being effectless.
  • Options
    Bad feats!
    Feats where you have kill using some faction is almost impossible, since the thermal detonators kill off the enemies that is not counted to your team.
  • Options
    What happened to the Wandering Scavengers selling G12 salvage? Have they been removed from normal? Was the only real good use of conquest currency.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    What happened to the Wandering Scavengers selling G12 salvage? Have they been removed from normal? Was the only real good use of conquest currency.

When you took a data disk node in sector 1, you've probably missed it
  • Options
    I suggest all of you do what I did. Moaning here has no effect. Head over to the play store and go rate the game a 1 or a 2. I last reviewed the game in 2017 and gave them 5 stars. I went to the play store and changed my rating to a 1 star with a description of why I felt that way.

Let's not waste more energy speaking to a wall who won't listen to us. Let your rating count for something and go score them low in the app stores.
  • Options
    Loppie wrote: »
    I suggest all of you do what I did. Moaning here has no effect. Head over to the play store and go rate the game a 1 or a 2. I last reviewed the game in 2017 and gave them 5 stars. I went to the play store and changed my rating to a 1 star with a description of why I felt that way.

Let's not waste more energy speaking to a wall who won't listen to us. Let your rating count for something and go score them low in the app stores.

I did that last year
  • Options
    1st quarter in Sector 4 and my GL Rey team (100% stamina) is getting flattened by a Nute Gunray lead Sep team. Regretting buying the battle pass as its value is directly linked to how far you're able to progress in Conquest - which from a business standpoint seems like a colossally bad strategy if you're going to make conquest this difficult. I bought it, assuming that I would make comparable progress to previous conquest iterations (and actually assuming that I would do better with more time and effort invested which turned out to be a poor assumption). What I should have considered was the fact that conquest has gotten progressively more difficult with each iteration and if anything, it's a more reasonable expectation that I would make less progress in C10 than C9.

I'm about done with this. Can you guys just go back to the marquee/journey model for new character releases? You were obviously making money with that, as it's how you've reached the level of success that you're currently enjoying and attempting (poorly) to leverage.

I could echo nearly all of the existing complaints in this thread but several people have already stated the problems quite clearly - see Gifafis exceptional post in this thread for a very lucid and sober bullet point list of issues.

No matter what direction I hit this from, I can't make sense of it. It's a poor monetization strategy, it's bad at engaging players in any positive way (plenty of hate for it - if that's the engagement you were going for then there's that I guess), it's bad at being a gear check, it fails at driving hype for new characters... the only thing that it's good at so far is increasing attrition (not like the TW changes didn't accomplish enough of that) and generating player apathy. How red does a flag have to be before you pay attention to it?

User experience matters. Your users shouldn't have to tell you that - it's a fundamental principle of user-facing design and development.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    The first pass has such a good value, I was really tempted to take it at the beginning. Decided to wait a bit and see if the red crate is doable. I think it is doable (3x50/day) for big rosters. But when I see how CG are "listening", I will just punish it by keeping my money. Too bad, didn't need more than a pack with good value and good choices from them to get new customers.
    I guess I'm not their targeted customer.
  • Options
    Loppie wrote: »

I think this is directly against the forum ToS, but its also a really good way of a community making itself heard. 7 Deadly Sins' user community review bomb'd so hard that the devs were forced to issue a formal apology (they were character/banner rushing) and make a formal written commitment to a slower pace of releases. When a company only cares about their bottom line, review bombing (which affects app/play store algorithms and new player DLs) and closing wallets are often they only way they will acknowledge the player base.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »
    I wonder how battles would be if enemies don't have overprepared und our toons were naked, with their mods being effectless.

I still prefer metal bikini. Subtle is better.
  • Options
    Wrathe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is just a social experiment now to determine how completely miserable you can make a play experience and have people keep playing.

I’ve been saying that since 7-9…it’s the only thing that makes sense. They can’t be this bad at this…
  • Options
    What I should have considered was the fact that conquest has gotten progressively more difficult with each iteration and if anything, it's a more reasonable expectation that I would make less progress in C10 than C9.
    Actually...i was making steady (but slow) progress on each iteraction...up until G9 i did better on each one...
    This seemed FINE TO ME...i had motivation to improve my roster, to learn the "tricks" and was actually fun to see the rewards increase...albeit slowly...

Then suddenly i was hit by C10...i make LESS THAN HALF the previous progress...(not even considering feats...just plain "difficulty"). I did not get dumber, my rooster is better and TBH the enemy teams do not "look" better...but NOW they play a lot faster...i get killed without even playing...MOST enemy teams in the second half of sector 2 are faster than my faster toon...(Relic 6 Vader with Speed Mods).

I dont believe in giving the game a bad rating...the GAME IS GOOD AND FUN. BUT this C10 iteraction is frustrating and made worse due to the fact that it was "hidden"...
    TBH, i would be ok with less rewards...but "forcing" them by increasing the difficulty...and then adding a pay feature is frustrating...which leads to rants and less play time...

• Options
    BTW...any answer from mods or devs on this issue...anywhere on the previous 22 pages?
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    BTW...any answer from mods or devs on this issue...anywhere on the previous 22 pages?

Not that I've noticed, and I've been following it. I might have missed it I guess, but I don't think so.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Kyno was responding for a while there, but no devs, and no mods in a few days that I've seen. They just keeping merging all of the topics into this one thread so that it becomes an unreadable moanfest. (and there is A LOT to moan about, for sure.) Legit bugs are getting lost in the cacophony.
  • Options
    GunnerFCm wrote: »

Kyno was responding for a while there, but no devs, and no mods in a few days that I've seen. They just keeping merging all of the topics into this one thread so that it becomes an unreadable moanfest. (and there is A LOT to moan about, for sure.) Legit bugs are getting lost in the cacophony.

I’m guessing Kyno either disengaged or was asked to disengage when he reverted to trolling.

You can tell based on the lack of “SWGOH Dev Team” tag on this topic/discussion that no one from CG has bothered to respond within the thread itself. The only official responses are the ones flagged/reported as issues in Announcements.

CG has resorted to their “turtle and wait for the dumpster fire to burn out” like they typically do when the community gets particular upset about something.
  • Options

I’m guessing Kyno either disengaged or was asked to disengage when he reverted to trolling.

You can tell based on the lack of “SWGOH Dev Team” tag on this topic/discussion that no one from CG has bothered to respond within the thread itself. The only official responses are the ones flagged/reported as issues in Announcements.

CG has resorted to their “turtle and wait for the dumpster fire to burn out” like they typically do when the community gets particular upset about something.

The problem is after this fire dies down, they pour more fuel in it, ie conquest 11.
  • Options

No, and there won’t be, because never in the history of video games has a developer responding to a thread ever gone over well. It’s the ultimate lose-lose situation.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »

The problem is after this fire dies down, they pour more fuel in it, ie conquest 11.

Oh, I don’t disagree with you…but it works…how many of us are still talking about how royally abhorrent conquests 7-9 were?