[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• ShaggyB wrote: »
    SiuanPamic wrote: »
    This should be a game for entertainment and having to play GAC with such intensity will cause a lot of stress, this is not the way. If what you wanted is to give more importance to the GAC you should have increased the rewards to promote its game. Part of the essence of SWGOH has died today.

So basically you’re looking for quick meaningless rewards?

What i want is to not have my investment messed with.

If i go all in for a meta to win at arena, i dont want to see arena lose importance and reward in favor of an area where a different style of play/collecting is the name of the game, and sometimes it was about not increasing your gp too high....

To do this right you do the changes to gac, but you leave arena alone.

Id be more inclined to engage in gac if the rewards were better and it helped me out.

That said taking something from me to force me in another direction doesnt feel good

I’m failing to understand then. You bought the GLs to stay number in squad arena thinking nothing would ever change?
  • All the points are from offense now, set 1 team on defense and you almost can’t lose bc your opponent will only get points for the territory, not from winning battles.

Since forever ago, if your opponent doesn't set a team in a slot, the attacker gets max banners, as if they had cleared with a perfect solo. By all means, if we match up, don't set any defenses XD
  • Does this mean we’ll be getting effective anti cheat systems put in place for GAC as otherwise it’ll reward those cheating as they’ll monopolise the top end of Kyber and get massive payouts for it.

Also will the new matching take GP into account or top X per division as otherwise you could easily be facing those double your GP at lower levels where even with efficiency you won’t have enough to win

I’m by no means a fan of arena but I hope the balancing of this new system is designed to not create massive inequality between those of high and low GP
  • Vantage67 wrote: »
    Does this mean we’ll be getting effective anti cheat systems put in place for GAC as otherwise it’ll reward those cheating as they’ll monopolise the top end of Kyber and get massive payouts for it.

Also will the new matching take GP into account or top X per division as otherwise you could easily be facing those double your GP at lower levels where even with efficiency you won’t have enough to win

I’m by no means a fan of arena but I hope the balancing of this new system is designed to not create massive inequality between those of high and low GP

Initially you are set in a league depending on your gp. Then you move up/down depending on performance. i.e. 2-3m gp player will never see kyber. Kyber is not what it used to be, it's uppest league in the new system.
  • You bought the GLs to stay number in squad arena thinking nothing would ever change?

Of course things change, but you spend a ton of resources on getting a good Arena squad. You do that with the expectation of a return on investment over time. If you make the investment and then CG destroys your income before you can earn your expected ROI then CG is penalizing you for playing the game by the rules they set up.

Now, since metas hardly ever last more than 6 months, if CG announced this 6 months before making the change, then the ROI argument wouldn't matter: you got what you expected to get, 6 months worth or Arena dominance for investing in one set of meta toons.

But CG isn't announcing the changes 6 months in advance, are they? So anyone who completed their shiny new meta squad between 1 and 6 months ago is going to suffer a hit to their expected ROI.

This is a game of long term plans. CG is sabotaging the ability to plan for the long term. That, to put it mildly, is a BadThing™.
  • Vantage67 wrote: »
    Does this mean we’ll be getting effective anti cheat systems put in place for GAC as otherwise it’ll reward those cheating as they’ll monopolise the top end of Kyber and get massive payouts for it.

I think the cheating is pretty obvious in the game. We recently had a member that we had to boot and report. He cleared challenge pit with five R5 toons. If you’re losing to someone that doesn’t have the roster, report them.
  • I’m by no means a fan of arena but I hope the balancing of this new system is designed to not create massive inequality between those of high and low GP

Oh, don't worry. That's exactly how it's designed. This way people can buy the HyperDrive Bundle and still be way too low in GP to get a significant bump up in daily crystals. Isn't that thoughtful?
  • SiuanPamic wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    There are a lot of doomers here, but if reddit, the most negative part of our playerbase, has a poll currently saying that only 30% of players are considering quitting, it's not going to be the end of the game. I think that after the changes go live, people will get the idea of how much potential there is for their crystal income to either be more or similar to what they are accustomed to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/r582by/whos_quitting_after_the_latest_announcement_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Poll for reference.

Yeah, I've thought it was "arenas". In the current scheme there's even a possibility for net gain for some. Possibility of a severe loss is even hard for no shows (i.e. falling to carbonite if you are 4-5m gp). 386 crystals/day loss is mathematically possible if you manage to fall to the deep end and just do 1 attacks to register. It's akin to arena no-shows.

We’re going to end up with more crystals according to the chart

If you uave gl kenobi and cat... and thats your only GL.... you can get 500 a day.

But if you only have the one gl in gac... you arent going to get 500 a day, not even close.

Me, i have them all. Hate gac. Now im forced to play it and try to gwt to a point where i can get 450 to 500 crystal a day. Sounds bad to me.

8.2 mil gp currently

Squad arena is garbage content. If it’s the only reason you play (which would be hard to believe), then why would you invest in this game? You didn’t get all the GLs for free

Never said arena was the only reason i play.

I just dont do gac. I join and do nothing. Im one of the people they want to engage more in it. Its a lame game mode that i dislike and after the nerf, i like it less

And for the record, I didnt pay anything for SEE, gl kenobi or lord vader. I did them totally f2p. In fact the last gl i paid anything for would be luke and i didnt really go all whaley on him either.

So half the GLs i have were done f2p. When they announced the super star destroyer ship, i had almost all of those requirements done already.... so i was able to unlcok at launch f2p... but i did whale it up to 7 star on day 1.

Howd i do all that f2p.... simple, I stopped chasing the meta and started relicing what i wanted to relic. Have been slowly gearing up all the characters. (Working on gear 9 on everyone currently, have a few left at gear 8 still).

Eventually CG will not be hitting me with requirements i dont have already at relic 5, as thats my goal for the rest of my roster (even cup).

Howd i do that, i had a good arena squad and it can beat everything but Lord Vader w/ Maul.... which luckily i got CAT a bit late but still got her up to make that free Kenobi able to beat that team when all the Mauls started getting unlocked.

So ive been able to take my sweet time while getting my 500 payout and do what i want. (900 crystal a day in payouts).

I see this as a bad move as it cuts 500 from me and forces me to play a mode i hate and if i set all my gl on defense.... and my opponent does the same, we get no where.

Just doesnt appeal to me. I dony see myself getting 500 a day to replace based on where im sure ill land
  • You bought the GLs to stay number in squad arena thinking nothing would ever change?

Of course things change, but you spend a ton of resources on getting a good Arena squad. You do that with the expectation of a return on investment over time. If you make the investment and then CG destroys your income before you can earn your expected ROI then CG is penalizing you for playing the game by the rules they set up.

Now, since metas hardly ever last more than 6 months, if CG announced this 6 months before making the change, then the ROI argument wouldn't matter: you got what you expected to get, 6 months worth or Arena dominance for investing in one set of meta toons.

But CG isn't announcing the changes 6 months in advance, are they? So anyone who completed their shiny new meta squad between 1 and 6 months ago is going to suffer a hit to their expected ROI.

This is a game of long term plans. CG is sabotaging the ability to plan for the long term. That, to put it mildly, is a BadThing™.

I think skill is more important than wallet and I’m not FTP
  • The fact that there's even arguing about this shows that CG has won. There is absolutely no reason they should even touch SA rewards, they should just add more crystals for GAC. Inflation happens in every single game, and it's needed here to get to relic f-ing 9 and yet CG has convinced us only one mode deserves crystal rewards.
  • The problem I see is that newer players placing high in squad arena are losing income since they just don't have the GP to be anywhere but a low division. Are they going to quit because they perceive the game as pay-to-play. If newer players quit in mass then the game is on a clock towards death as players who retire won't be replaced by newer players.

Westley has it right. Remember all those times when people laughed at the idea that there should be a way for new players to catch up because they weren't competing against established players? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That is literally all the new leagues & divisions are going to do, sort newer players to the bottom while established players (who don't mind investing even more time in the game per day) reap similar or better rewards to what they have been getting. Buying the HBD is now a way to get an extra 35 crystals per day, instead of a way to get an extra 350 crystals per day.

Yeah, it's got to be great to be a new player, eh?
  • So they want to fix match making so it is not based on GP and is instead based on a ladder system. So to start they will use GP?

GP to start this off and only 20% changing divisions (or leagues) every 4 weeks means that if 1 division is horribly mismatched it will take 5 cycles of 4 week division changes to correct.

So 20 weeks to get this new ladder system to work. And to start this wonderful NEW system work, day 1 is GO only with no balance for GL or even using the current GAC rankings.

P.S. If you are new to SWGOH, watch out for the hyperdrive bundle. It will put you into a higher GAC based on your new bloated but not geared roaster.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    There are a lot of doomers here, but if reddit, the most negative part of our playerbase, has a poll currently saying that only 30% of players are considering quitting, it's not going to be the end of the game. I think that after the changes go live, people will get the idea of how much potential there is for their crystal income to either be more or similar to what they are accustomed to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/r582by/whos_quitting_after_the_latest_announcement_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Poll for reference.

Yeah, I've thought it was "arenas". In the current scheme there's even a possibility for net gain for some. Possibility of a severe loss is even hard for no shows (i.e. falling to carbonite if you are 4-5m gp). 386 crystals/day loss is mathematically possible if you manage to fall to the deep end and just do 1 attacks to register. It's akin to arena no-shows.

We’re going to end up with more crystals according to the chart

If you uave gl kenobi and cat... and thats your only GL.... you can get 500 a day.

But if you only have the one gl in gac... you arent going to get 500 a day, not even close.

Me, i have them all. Hate gac. Now im forced to play it and try to gwt to a point where i can get 450 to 500 crystal a day. Sounds bad to me.

8.2 mil gp currently

Squad arena is garbage content. If it’s the only reason you play (which would be hard to believe), then why would you invest in this game? You didn’t get all the GLs for free

Never said arena was the only reason i play.

I just dont do gac. I join and do nothing. Im one of the people they want to engage more in it. Its a lame game mode that i dislike and after the nerf, i like it less

And for the record, I didnt pay anything for SEE, gl kenobi or lord vader. I did them totally f2p. In fact the last gl i paid anything for would be luke and i didnt really go all whaley on him either.

So half the GLs i have were done f2p. When they announced the super star destroyer ship, i had almost all of those requirements done already.... so i was able to unlcok at launch f2p... but i did whale it up to 7 star on day 1.

Howd i do all that f2p.... simple, I stopped chasing the meta and started relicing what i wanted to relic. Have been slowly gearing up all the characters. (Working on gear 9 on everyone currently, have a few left at gear 8 still).

Eventually CG will not be hitting me with requirements i dont have already at relic 5, as thats my goal for the rest of my roster (even cup).

Howd i do that, i had a good arena squad and it can beat everything but Lord Vader w/ Maul.... which luckily i got CAT a bit late but still got her up to make that free Kenobi able to beat that team when all the Mauls started getting unlocked.

So ive been able to take my sweet time while getting my 500 payout and do what i want. (900 crystal a day in payouts).

I see this as a bad move as it cuts 500 from me and forces me to play a mode i hate and if i set all my gl on defense.... and my opponent does the same, we get no where.

Just doesnt appeal to me. I dony see myself getting 500 a day to replace based on where im sure ill land

You get 900 every single day of the year? And again, you’ve invested in this game. I highly doubt you only play for arena.
  • For question 4, i understand divisions (including kyber) will always have the same population. 10% goes down from kyber to aurodium and 10% goes up from aurodium to kyber.
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    GRANDOLA wrote: »

They're looking to continue with the game the way its been for the last 6 years without penalty. You seem to want to play GAC and you could do that fine without this chane, they want to not be penalised for having fun in the game the way they played it for years.

Lol absolutely ridiculous thinking. I’ve been playing since day one. If it was the same game as day one, I highly doubt anyone complaining would still be playing.

Them adding content is nice. Them removing pretty much a full game mode that's been in since day 1 is a lot less so. There is no incentive to play squad arena anymore beyond the daily requirements. Its gone as a mode.

They could have improved GAC but I don't see removing the squad arena usefulness just to force people to play GAC as useful or innovation. They didn't make GAC better, they made you ignoring it a punishment.

I can understand that. They are adding gear. I’m not going to change my daily habits for squad arena. They made it no better other than gear. Gear is my holdup normally anyway, because I hate spending crystals on it. I guess I’m bias of this change because I stand to gain thousands of crystals monthly.
  • Basically this crystal income shift is going to be bumpy for a bit and looks like Sandbagging will be potentially lessen, the cheating will swing the other way and go higher..

Greaaaaaaaat...

No more Meta squad and no more reliable GL counters...

Speed GAC must have really impressed the Investors because these changes wouldn't be happening if that Event tanked.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Why can’t you add more without taking from, just add sone to GAC and while yet at it add some to conquest,
    The daily amount is already outdated so up your game instead of killing it with nerf after nerf.
  • @Ragnarok_COTF
    Since forever ago, if your opponent doesn't set a team in a slot, the attacker gets max banners, as if they had cleared with a perfect solo. By all means, if we match up, don't set any defenses XD

You're ignoring the fact that "since forever ago" doesn't matter anymore: they changed how you earn banners, and the explanation says nothing about empty territories.

Now... maybe they're going to continue to use the system you like and they just utterly, completely failed to mention that when they were very specifically writing out how people are going to be earning banners in the new system. But maybe they accurately described the new system and you're just not paying attention.

And, of course, they never have bugs, so they certainly couldn't intend to use the old system but then mess it up in coding so that it looks like it's operating according to the RAW but then because it's a change people scream it's not WAI and then there's 3 weeks of CG trying to figure out which system they even want to use and once they figure that out they put the bug on the list to be fixed in 12 to 18 months, because only bugs which benefit players get fixed immediately.

I mean, that couldn't happen, could it? Not with CG, surely?

If I were you, I wouldn't be expressing so much confidence that everything is going to work out well.
  • Oh, hey, also, a question for now because I know I won't be around for the Q&A--

Can you elaborate on matchmaking a little more? Are all players level 85 in the same pool and then we get matched up based on wins and losses until the thing shakes out and everyone spreads based on their results? Or is it that we're grouped by general GP at first, then matched within that based on wins and losses and such?

I get what happens later on, once skill ratings and such have been established. We'll be matched according to that after a while. But what happens for the first two? Am I considered to have the same default skill rating as a new level 85 player with only 4m gp?

It's just that this initial rollout could be REALLY rocky if I'm up against a 4m is all 😝
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @SiuanPamic

What are you even talking about? No one mentioned wallets (or even money) except you.
  • @SiuanPamic

What are you even talking about? No one mentioned wallets (or even money) except you.

The only people who stand to lose daily crystals are the ones who have no skill.
  • I’m cautiously optimistic. I was really excited when gac launched initially, but hated it once I saw all the various ways in which it was poorly designed. I haven’t played it other than clicking “join” in many months. You’ve fixed most of my biggest issues with these changes. And did everyone really enjoy doing their arena climb every day? Sure it’s not awful with JMK mirrors… but do you remember jkr mirrors? What about the early days of fastest bsf can’t be beat? Get the wrong meta back in and arena could go back to being horrible. But I digress. Anyway, still a few more fixes to make, but good start. My list of requested fixes:
    1) easy with the 3v3. It’s a 5v5 game. Maybe do 1 3v3, 1 4v4, and maybe even a 6v6 per year, but have 5v5 be the standard.
    2) get rid of the ability to look up an opponent’s previous defenses. We shouldn’t have to do internet research homework to play a game.
    3) get rid of the advantage to waiting to attack last by introducing a fog of war. My suggestion on how to do this would be to only reveal the opponent’s battle after you complete that number battle (I.e. show me the results of their first battle after I do my first battle, second after my second, etc). Could be a better way that’s just off the top of my head.
    This should be a game for entertainment and having to play GAC with such intensity will cause a lot of stress, this is not the way. If what you wanted is to give more importance to the GAC you should have increased the rewards to promote its game. Part of the essence of SWGOH has died today.

What i want is to not have my investment messed with.

If i go all in for a meta to win at arena, i dont want to see arena lose importance and reward in favor of an area where a different style of play/collecting is the name of the game, and sometimes it was about not increasing your gp too high....

To do this right you do the changes to gac, but you leave arena alone.

Id be more inclined to engage in gac if the rewards were better and it helped me out.

That said taking something from me to force me in another direction doesnt feel good

I’m failing to understand then. You bought the GLs to stay number in squad arena thinking nothing would ever change?

You really dont get it. Investment doesnt mean money.

Time, effort, playstyle are also a factor in investment.

Gac is a different ball game from arena. Gac requires different types of investment, arena is about chasing a meta team or a team that can reliably beat the meta. If you get that meta beating team, you dont need the meta team today... and you can easily free to play it.

The last squad i bought to win in arena was revan. That worked for all of a day before the rest of the arena bought him too. Learned my lesson then and there.

You believe for some reason that a GL cant be done free to play. It can be... and ive done 3 totally free to play.

You see back when gl launched kylo could beat rey and rey could beat kylo... then luke hit the mix and it became fun. SEE landed and could beat luke, but kylo could walk over him.... so i didnt have to chase the meta any more.

Kenobi landed, and luke could beat him. Vader landed and kenobi could beat him... but again i was able to slowly get kenobi and cat before vader could get maul and before that vader was an instant win for the attacking team, so vader didnt get used.

Now i have vader.... but i dont have maul. And again, kenobi cat can beat it any way.

What i want is them to not take from me to force me to play a different fame mode that requires my play style, and gear choices to be different from the way i have been playing.

Like i said earlier, ive been working on the change to eliminate the ability for them to make me farm things i dont want to do or to panic farm.... and that will help with gac, but its not right to force that change.

I feel that will force people out of swgoh, not force gac participation
  • @SiuanPamic
    The only people who stand to lose daily crystals are the ones who have no skill.

You completely ignored what I actually said. Nice job. Well at least now I know replying to you isn't fruitful.
    Vantage67 wrote: »

I think the cheating is pretty obvious in the game. We recently had a member that we had to boot and report. He cleared challenge pit with five R5 toons. If you’re losing to someone that doesn’t have the roster, report them.

That's all fine and good, but it doesn't do anything about the loss you take and it messing with your rank. I think this is the problem. I mean, we reported someone on my shard for cheating, with discord screenshots of them bragging about it and it took them 6+ months to do anything about it.

So the problem becomes, you have rampant cheating which ruins not only the game for people, but effects their rankings, and there's basically 0 repercussions for it. After you lose, you lose. Even if they ban said cheater, they don't adjust your win/loss record for those battles so it solves nothing.
  • Zumwan wrote: »
    For question 4, i understand divisions (including kyber) will always have the same population. 10% goes down from kyber to aurodium and 10% goes up from aurodium to kyber.

Well, idk exactly about that. If let's say Kyber has a larger percentage of the population, 10% of them will go down and if aurodium doesn't start with the same quantity, and 10% go up, kyber's population would decrease and aurodium would increase.
  • @SiuanPamic

You completely ignored what I actually said. Nice job. Well at least now I know replying to you isn't fruitful.

Removing crystals from SA is an attack on whales. I didn’t realize I had to spell that out.
    Vantage67 wrote: »

That's all fine and good, but it doesn't do anything about the loss you take and it messing with your rank. I think this is the problem. I mean, we reported someone on my shard for cheating, with discord screenshots of them bragging about it and it took them 6+ months to do anything about it.

So the problem becomes, you have rampant cheating which ruins not only the game for people, but effects their rankings, and there's basically 0 repercussions for it. After you lose, you lose. Even if they ban said cheater, they don't adjust your win/loss record for those battles so it solves nothing.

I understand, but I don’t think this will be the case. If a cheater is identified, I’m thinking they will have something in place to rectify. Time will tell. Just as I’m all for this update. Time will tell if it’s actually a good thing.
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    My question: with this whole 1 point per opponent defeated, what is going to prevent people from simply putting 1 toon on defense in each spot? That will limit your opponent to now 71 points instead of 75 they can earn meanwhile you get to keep more toons for offense so potentially can defeat their teams easier and get the full 75 points.

Or only putting defense on the front nodes since you don't get Defense points anymore, even if they break through and automatically get the nodes they are still now 5 points short for each node that you didn't put a defense on.

For that matter put just 1 team total on defense so it doesn't auto fill but let the rest just auto go to the opponent but they again, are out those 5 points per battle meanwhile I have more toons to use to full clear them and I get 5 extra for each node so would win off of that.