[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• I am carefully optimistic. Gac has been more interesting for me even with crap rewards. Arena (I get 1st every day), is a chore and very boring.
    Best thing about Gac is that you are not forced to do your battles in strict time schedule. In gac you have all day. This is QOL.

Gettng max crystals will be harder from now on. They are truly a reward.
  • I am carefully optimistic. Gac has been more interesting for me even with crap rewards. Arena (I get 1st every day), is a chore and very boring.
    Best thing about Gac is that you are not forced to do your battles in strict time schedule. In gac you have all day. This is QOL.

Can we ban devs having alt accounts to post with in the forums? It’s either that or there’s a large amount of people who don’t understand how numbers work. This is a clear attack on the player base, nothing else.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    You started playing 11 months before anyone else?

thanks for pointing out my typo, Its been long years and getting the year perfectly can be a miss. What I am sure 100% and will never forget was the day and month. Because it was a very special day for me.

• Hornist
    61 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I am carefully optimistic. Gac has been more interesting for me even with crap rewards. Arena (I get 1st every day), is a chore and very boring.

Can we ban devs having alt accounts to post with in the forums? It’s either that or there’s a large amount of people who don’t understand how numbers work. This is a clear attack on the player base, nothing else.

Did you actually read the post or do any math or anything? the vast majority of people stand to get more crystals from this. It will adversely affect some people, but not most. Then there's the fact that instead of doing 1-5 SA battles every day, you're doing placements and up to 13 battles every other day nine times a month. For those that have to use 4 or 5 SA attacks a day to climb, there will actually be FEWER battles on average.
  • Seems fun. Squad Arena is full of boring polotics.

But I just Omnicron'ed Rolo yesterday...should have give it to Dash if I knew this lol
  • The area of concern for me are newer players. Someone who is new and just starting GAC will have an under million GP roster and spending a few hundred or thousands of dollars will provide no immediate gratification as they will be stuck in the Carbonite division and upgrading a team or two won't do squat. Now, they have to spend tens of thousands to see a difference. How many new players are going to decide to spend that much so quickly? The message being sent is that spending a thousand dollars is worthless. Either spend tens of thousands or be f2p. So, what if nearly 100% of all new players choose f2p? As krakens, whales, and dolphins retire, where will the new spenders replacing them come from?
  • Hornist wrote: »
    I am carefully optimistic. Gac has been more interesting for me even with crap rewards. Arena (I get 1st every day), is a chore and very boring.

Did you actually read the post or do any math or anything? the vast majority of people stand to get more crystals from this. It will adversely affect some people, but not most. Then there's the fact that instead of doing 1-5 SA battles every day, you're doing placements and up to 13 battles every other day nine times a month. For those that have to use 4 or 5 SA attacks a day to climb, there will actually be FEWER battles on average.

Yeah, neck beard, I have a degree in mathematics so I did “do the math”. This is a complete assault on the player base, especially newer whales who now have zero incentive to spend, or even play the game.

Yeah, neck beard, I have a degree in mathematics so I did “do the math”. This is a complete assault on the player base, especially newer whales who now have zero incentive to spend, or even play the game.

Actually, doing the math and drawing a conclusion about overall impact is not easy at all. Newbie arena toppers have crystal income to lose from the change. But they are one edge case in the entirety of the pool. There is let's say 500 active average people in a squad shard and most of them are in a net gain as long as they register and put up one fight. I have no idea about gp distribution of the playerbase and how this will look in 5 months from now, neither does anyone.
  • It's only an assault on the portion of the lvl 85 player base that doesn't engage with Grand Arena.

After 6 years and hundreds of new characters, doesn't it make more sense to have to battle with more than 1 squad?
  • Solid_PR wrote: »
    at this point I would only expect a veteran pension of receiving at least 400 crystals every day for playing game regardless if I play squad arena or not... I feel I deserve better. I wont fall for deceitful tactics of making me earn "enough" in GAC when I can live peacefully in my squad arena shard. Eventually more subtle changes will come and I wont be able to compete for the same amount of rewards thus sink slowly and surely behind.

Behind what? Who are you comparing yourself to?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Hornist wrote: »

Actually, doing the math and drawing a conclusion about overall impact is not easy at all. Newbie arena toppers have crystal income to lose from the change. But they are one edge case in the entirety of the pool. There is let's say 500 active average people in a squad shard and most of them are in a net gain as long as they register and put up one fight. I have no idea about gp distribution of the playerbase and how this will look in 5 months from now, neither does anyone.

No, they are not in “net gain”, that’s not how numbers work. Especially for early game whales who would be wise to cut their losses immediately.

• Prosser wrote: »
    Shard chats were just allowing too many people to get max crystals daily eh?

That’s clearly one of the issues they’re trying to ‘solve’!
    Too many people getting #1 rewards!!

I do well everywhere in the game except GAC..
    That’s the one mode I despise, and now I have to do more of it!?!

Grrr!!

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    It's only an assault on the portion of the lvl 85 player base that doesn't engage with Grand Arena.

After 6 years and hundreds of new characters, doesn't it make more sense to have to battle with more than 1 squad?

if they wanted to add crystals to gac or any other game mode, then fine. This is a destruction of what the game had been based on for 6 years.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

So, what you’re saying is you want less gameplay and more spending of $$$

Dude, you don’t need the devs to change anything for that!
    Just don’t do any battles or events and just max out your credit card!

For the rest of us who get #1 in Arenas every day, and need those crystals, but don’t do so well in GAC this is a huge loss!
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Hornist wrote: »

No, they are not in “net gain”, that’s not how numbers work. Especially for early game whales who would be wise to cut their losses immediately.

Yes, I already mentioned that. Those who are in the net gain are majority that doesn't top arena every day(=majority in each arena shard).

If you are so confident about your math and your understanding of numbers, please show us the math you have done instead of cruising on a high ship.
  • After 6 years and hundreds of new characters, doesn't it make more sense to have to battle with more than 1 squad?

Oh, please. As if I use the same squad to take down the Nexu, the Reek, the Acklay, the twice weekly GC, etc, etc., etc.

You also make it seem as if playing GAC was not previously an option.

This change hurts all top5 arena finishers below a certain GP. Now I haven't calculated that exact GP, but I'm sure it's quite a few people. Worse, it is, as others have attempted to explain, full of newer dolphins/ whales/ krakens. Purchasing the HBD will no longer guarantee quick access to 900 crystals/day.

For any thinking (new) player, this dramatically undercuts the value of the HBD. If they sell fewer HBDs, where will the increase in revenue come from? If they lose income, how long will they continue to support the game?

I hate GAC, but I would have played it if they had dramatically scaled up the mod slicing materials available, because that would have made it worth slicing every speed-enabled mod I get, right up to 6-C or so. Right now if it doesn't have sufficient speed you can't wait until hitting 6-C before deciding whether to toss the mod. It's much more common for people to make the decision on whether to sell a mod at 5-A/Gold or even 5-B/Purple.

Doing mod management is simply **not FUN**. I have a large number of relic toons with mods that are mediocre (at best). Working to upgrade them so that I don't have to swap mods as often (again: NOT FUN) would have been a sufficient motivation for me to take GAC more seriously, even though I hate it, because I hate remodding even more and giving out 10x the number of slicing mats would provide me an avenue to do just as much of the things that I like in this game while spending much less time doing things that I hate even more than GAC - mod busywork.

Providing a huge upswing in slicing mats would not only encourage engagement in GAC, it would provide an avenue towards leaving unfun mod management behind. You grow towards not just more power, but more focus on the fun. Because who likes mod management? That's not a game. It's paperwork.

Thinking about these things, there are plenty of ways that the game can be made more fun while increasing incentives towards participating in GAC. The current path, however, isn't one of them. Neither GAC nor SA is made more fun. The rewards are of the same type as before, but more heavily gated by total GP. This isn't progress: it's a heavy hand hauling SA oriented players away from something that they like in the game. The people who loved GAC already would have played it without new rewards (since they were playing it already) and having a sudden increase in slicing mats would have allowed them to potentially become more viable in Arena... at least compared to people who were strong in Arena but not GAC... by providing a dramatically better inventory of mods (up to and including God Mods). Even if you have to fight in SA without the latest toons, you would have the better mods - an appropriate compensatory advantage.

But no. They won't help players have more fun, they will simply insist that players get no rewards unless they do exactly as they are told.

That's not a game. That's a job.
  • For me personally I hate this idea I love squad arena and I get 500 crystals a day from it, I absolutely hate GAC and don’t play it if this happens I will most likely leave this game which after 6 years of playing goes to show CG don’t give a dam about its players this is horrendous news
  • snookalo wrote: »
    Yup. These changes suck. Won’t even have the crystal income to farm LV tickets anymore. Gac is the worst game mode there is imo.

This is the real take-away. LV has extreme relic requirements (and his squad does too), and relic mats like bronzium wiring require farming LS nodes and LV tickets require DS nodes, so you can't even farm both at once.

They're trying to force players into GAC bloat and kill hoards so that new GLs become whale-only for a much longer period of time.
  • Ponf
    26 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Hello, @CG_SBCrumb_MINI, @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI!
    Firstly, apologize for my english (not my native language).
    1. I want to know: what are you going to do with cheaters that meet in the GAC? For example, i met the cheater(according GAC history he used characters in 7-8 gear to win Padme-team in 5 relics). I sent report in game and here on forum, but 3 months have passed and he continues to play and uses cheats. And there will be even more cheaters after this update.
    2. after nerfing non-legendary counter packs, the developers left the only way - getting the legend. Thus, taking the legend, I began to receive an award for the first place in the squad arena and got max rewards. But due to the receipt of the legend, I do not have strong teams such as Dart Revan, JKR, GAS, etc. There are only weak relic characters needed to obtain legends and one legend. And now I had to gearing up characters for taking next legend and these characters are useless in GAC. Is my effort to capture the legends in vain? How can I be competitive if the system will match me with an opponents with strong teams and the same skill as mine?
    3. So if I have a series of victories(i have 3 ml gm) and I come across an opponent with a much larger number of legends and GM(f.e. 4-5 ml), but not actively playing and all his characters are in the auto def, then regardless of my skills, I will lose. If rivals are selected this way, then it's just ridiculous.
    4. Perhaps it is not a good idea to completely remove crystals from squad arena rewards? Because many players will lose the motivation to play in the arena at all.

I don’t mean to be rude, but the latest updates look very strange and terrible (including conquest).

Best regards.
    Post edited by Ponf on
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    What happens when GAC isn't running? How high of a GP and rank does a competitive player need to match the crystals received from getting #1 in arena, once taking into account days GAC crystals aren't coming in?

It's a really long post with lots of numbers thrown around, but nowhere is there an attempt to actually directly back up the claim that crystal income just got shifted to another game mode rather than directly and intentionally lowered.
  • Is this because I finally got my GL and started climbing in squad arena? I feel like its personal at this point.
  • Good change for my opinion. Its better to play one match every other day and kill 11 different teams, than kill 10 exactly same team in areena. (And to be worry about your payout time.)

One question. As new score says you get one point for 1 killed enemy, does this mean that if player undersizes their defence, then the max score of opponent is less than yours? And how mothma and buggs team affect this, does those summoned characters count as 1 point aswell? bsib7r6l9uvp.png
  • KarateApina
    126 posts Member
    edited November 2021

Really informative post. I like it.

If you are not good at GAC its on you. Dont blame the numbers.

Like I said it will be harder to get max crystals. Mayby letters are not your thing.
  • Eibon1976 wrote: »
    And how mothma and buggs team affect this, does those summoned characters count as 1 point aswell? bsib7r6l9uvp.png

It said somewhere in the post that summoned/revived charachter dont count.

• Can we ban devs having alt accounts to post with in the forums? It’s either that or there’s a large amount of people who don’t understand how numbers work. This is a clear attack on the player base, nothing else.

Really informative post. I like it.

If you are not good at GAC its on you. Dont blame the numbers.

Like I said it will be harder to get max crystals. Mayby letters are not your thing.

I’ve made kyber every time since grand arena was introduced and I’d beat your sad little roster like a drum. By the way, “mayby” isn’t a word, so I’m thinking letters and numbers aren’t your thing.
  • My problem with all of this is that you can try to fix the matchmaking, but you CANT force anyone to place a defense. I am a high GP player, and at least once per season I have an opponent in the first round of a match autoset 6 GLs on me and make it impossible for me to clear the board. Winning and advancing in the arenas is points based and weighted toward clearing the board, and allowing opponents to autoset 6 GLs unfairly reduces my possible points and standings regardless of how good I play.

Autosetting should either place 0 GLs or the bottom of the opponent's roster, not the top.
  • Can someone clarify: gp does not enter the equation anymore? So we are now competing against EVERYONE for top ranks; not just ppl with similar GP (as in old GAC) or ppl with similar account age (as in old squad)?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ok, that's a whole lot to digest...
    There seem to be two goals going on, of course unstated in the official announcement. The first one is sustainability - squad arena basically enforces power creep, which can only go so far before the whole thing topples. I can fully get behind that, and it seems they plan to keep the game around for a while, for better or worse.
    The other goal is to keep the crystal income more stratified. Shard chats enabled a lot of people to get good rewards, and that's not the CG way. Now they have tighter control over how many crystals go among the players.
    The elephant in the room, of course, is 3v3. Now, the crystal income is partially tied to a mode the game wasn't designed for and we have no way to practice. Very bad move.
    Overall, I guess it depends on how much will the crystal income actually be nerfed and whether or not the new matchmaking works as intended. I don't have high hopes, but I don't condemn it right away either.